Author Topic: 2016-02-18 & 19 - Palladium, London UK  (Read 119945 times)

Offline andrew85

Re: 2016-02-18 - Palladium, London UK
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Managed to get myself a ticket  :D probably was easier as I was just getting the one! First time having to go on my own to see DT but not one to miss!

Offline genome

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »
If a few of us are attending on our own, we should all go for a drink beforehand  ;D

Offline andrew85

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
If a few of us are attending on our own, we should all go for a drink beforehand  ;D

Sounds like a plan! Don't really know the area muself so wouldn't be sure on where to go.

Offline Billzo

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »

Sounds like a plan! Don't really know the area muself so wouldn't be sure on where to go.

Let me know where you guys end up before the show! Also likely to be alone! Even if my friend comes, he will be sitting elseware by the looks of things haha.

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2015, 02:02:22 AM »
Strange sort of presale, at 9am I couldn't find anything worthwhile yet late afternoon I picked up a Row B in the dress circle which I accepted.

Looking forward to it although a little cynical about the drop from playing to 8,000 fans at Wembley to 2000 here and doubling the ticket price.    Never would have expected to be paying that kind of money a few years back.     That said I'd take anywhere over a half empty draughty dark shed that has been Wembley  :tup

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2015, 02:19:10 AM »
Finally not Wembley again. The sound quality was always poor. However the prices are shocking I'll still pay though.

I need to wait a week or so before booking, judging by this post t's going to sell out or almost has. I suppose there is a high chance of another night seeing the gap and Paris gets two nights.

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 02:38:01 AM »
I'm in two minds about a second night in London - initially I thought for sure, whilst Wembley was just too big the last few tours they could easily manage a couple of nights at Hammersmith and therefore easily 2-3 nights at the Palladium.    The fact that they've already announced both nights in Paris and that tickets there are quite a bit cheaper makes me think it's an expensive one-hit for London.    I'd assume there will be a show in the Midlands or North.

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 03:19:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure that they're in theatres for this album because of the concept, stage setup, visual setup etc. For that reason alone, I think they're trying to limit the variables that can make such a show a risk to setup, by having fewer cities and by having a proper theatre setting which is more suitable for a show of this size. If I'm to guess (and to clarify - I do not know much more than you do at this point), I think the cities you see in the list right now are going to almost all of them be 2-nighters. Maybe even 3-nighters if the market is there for it.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2015, 03:50:59 AM »
I think the issue is that they are becoming more popular in Eastern Europe. Look at their tour schedules for recent tours - more dates in the East each time. Unfortunately the tours aren't getting longer, so that seems to translate into fewer dates in the UK.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2015, 03:58:25 AM »
It'll certainly be a nice setting for the show, guess if the tickets sell quickly tomorrow another date will be announced shortly after.

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »
It'll certainly be a nice setting for the show, guess if the tickets sell quickly tomorrow another date will be announced shortly after.

I don't think you can just book a venue for a second date a few months before I reckon it's done way in advance. Maybe why there are all the gaps, they want everyone to fill up the first day before they realise the second.. Anyway Symphony X play the 19th so that wont be very good I want to go to that too.

Offline genome

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2015, 07:14:03 AM »
I've seen bands add 2nd dates due to overwhelming demand pretty quickly. I think they may provisionally book it just in case.

Offline robin5749

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
bought two row t tickets not together but how will we know how many are left its only a 2800 venue, plus I have seen some ebay tickets already at nearly three times the price, digusting and I am being polite

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »

I don't think you can just book a venue for a second date a few months before I reckon it's done way in advance. Maybe why there are all the gaps, they want everyone to fill up the first day before they realise the second.. Anyway Symphony X play the 19th so that wont be very good I want to go to that too.

Oh no doubt the venue is secured in advance, I meant the announcement will come sooner than later if the sales are brisk.

I hadn't realised the Symphony X show was so close, I'm going to Islington Assembly Hall regardless of a potential date clash - much rarer event, seen them twice and DT 20-something times and expect that gap to widen. 

Offline twanky

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »
In the end i had to decide whether the Gold VIP was worth it. So plunged for that. Royal Circle..that will do. Could not take the chance of missing this
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2015, 02:19:15 AM »
They went quick. Row L stalls for me. I was excited looking at it again it's 12 rows back but then again the stage is very high and I didn't want to be looking up all the time so it might be good  :metal

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2015, 02:19:39 AM »
The Gold VIP is only worth it if you want good seats - I'm in the stalls, but looking at the venue website, I think the Royal Circle may have a better view!

Anyway, just hoping everyone has managed to find tickets now - The next 3 months are going to drag!

Stage is only high if you're sitting - I intend to stand!
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline TK1234

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2015, 02:20:56 AM »
9:00 am on the dot, constantly refreshing the page, the very second the tickets come up, i click royal circle, and proceed to purchase my tickets. I am then told i need to create an account or log on with facebook. I log on with facebook, and the page comes up with an error and i have to start all over again. And all the royal circle tickets were gone :( (well it let me buy 2 only)

All of the above happened within the space of 10 seconds. So annoying.

Got a stalls ticket anyway, about half way back directly infront of the stage.

Looking forward to it!

Offline TK1234

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2015, 02:24:37 AM »

Let me know where you guys end up before the show! Also likely to be alone! Even if my friend comes, he will be sitting elseware by the looks of things haha.

Wouldnt mind this either

Offline Billzo

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:31 AM »
9:00 am on the dot, constantly refreshing the page, the very second the tickets come up, i click royal circle, and proceed to purchase my tickets. I am then told i need to create an account or log on with facebook. I log on with facebook, and the page comes up with an error and i have to start all over again. And all the royal circle tickets were gone :( (well it let me buy 2 only)

Looking forward to it!

Hate to tell you but you didn't have to log in at all.

I just ignored that part and filled out the form underneath and purchased the tickets.

I just got row G, 8 and 9 directly in front of JP :)

Does mean I need to sell my P, 15 seat.

Anyone interested? haha.

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »
Wow row G all the way in front me of me  :o. I rushed bought just in case it went. Someone say row L isn't too bad  :\ It is on a slope so that's good.

Offline genome

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2015, 03:36:43 AM »
Courtesy of Theatre Monkey, here's a seating plan...

Seats in GREEN many feel may offer either noticeable value, or something to compensate for a problem; for example, being a well-priced restricted view ticket. Any seats coloured LIGHT GREEN are sold at "premium" prices because the show producer thinks they are the best. The monkey says "you are only getting what you pay for" but uses this colour to highlight the ones it feels best at the price, and help everybody else find equally good seats nearby at lower prices. To find out why they have this colour click here.

Seats in WHITE, many feel, provided about what they pay for. Generally unremarkable, to find out why they have this colour, click here.

Seats in RED are coloured to draw attention. Not necessarily to be avoided - maybe nothing specific is wrong with them, other than opinions that there are better seats at the same price. Other times there may be something to consider before buying – perhaps overpricing, obstructed views, less comfort etc. To find out why they have this colour, click here.

It looks like the only Stall seats left are restricted view ones, so I'll hold on to my Row T ticket.

Offline genome

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 03:44:04 AM »
Scratch that - I've just nabbed a better central Row N ticket :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:54:52 AM by genome »

Offline Billzo

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 03:56:10 AM »
https://www.seatplan.com/uk/london/london-palladium/stalls/

Do use this site to check out seats ^^^^

If it is coloured it means it has a review that you can read. If it has a blue triangle it means there is a photograph of the view from the seat.

Very useful!!

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2015, 03:59:46 AM »
genome, the colours are probably more aimed at theatre. I booked towards stage right on purpose to get more JP

Offline genome

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2015, 04:08:13 AM »
It wouldn't really be that much different, same seating plan.

Offline GuitarWizard

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2015, 04:15:45 AM »
 I'm wrong looking at the photos. I thought the stage covered more of the seating  :facepalm:

Offline TK1234

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2015, 04:33:11 AM »

Looking forward to it!

Hate to tell you but you didn't have to log in at all.

I just ignored that part and filled out the form underneath and purchased the tickets.

I just got row G, 8 and 9 directly in front of JP :)

Does mean I need to sell my P, 15 seat.

Anyone interested? haha.

Ahh man. Oh well. I still got a decent ticket by the looks of things. Row Q for me straight down the middle, which is just in front of that green row in the diagram the genome posted.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2015, 06:46:12 AM »
Just noticed that on the Ticketmaster.co.uk site, the map for selecting your seat for the show has no Row A.

I only noticed this as I have tickets for Row B, and now I'm thinking I'm the very front row if there is no Row A.

I wonder has Row A has been removed to allow room for an orchestra...?

Offline Billzo

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2015, 06:57:05 AM »
Just noticed that on the Ticketmaster.co.uk site, the map for selecting your seat for the show has no Row A.

I only noticed this as I have tickets for Row B, and now I'm thinking I'm the very front row if there is no Row A.

While it's a nice idea ;) It's not really practical at the Palladium.

As you can see, the orchestra pit already exists so if they were to have an orchestra I'd assume that they would either make use of the pit but more likely have it on stage for all to see. Removing row A (if at all possible), would only create around 1m of extra space before the pit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:26:23 AM by Billzo »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2015, 07:21:42 AM »

vip tickets were sold seperately right? I think those are vip seats?

I'd assume that if they use an orchestra or a big band of some kind, they'd use the Orchestra box/space present in most (all?) of these theaters. Would be a bit odd to have an orchestra right in front of you and probably not very nice for the acoustics.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2015, 07:35:26 AM »

While it's a nice idea ;) It's not really practical at the Palladium.

As you can see, the orchestra pit already exists so if they were to have an orchestra I'd assume that they would either make use of the pit but more likely have it on stage for all to see. Removing row A (if at all possible), would only create around 1m of extra space before the pit.

Ahhh I see what you mean.  I've never been to the Palladium and the pics I checked out didn't show the pit.  I did see several different arrangements of the stage front area/pit so it is obviously easily altered to suit each show or performance.

So what you're saying does make sense, that one less Row of Seats wouldn't exactly allow much extra room for anything interesting. 

But I still wonder why is Row A not on the ticketmaster seating map?  Gotta be using that space for something, probably something totally uninteresting ha!

vip tickets were sold seperately right? I think those are vip seats?

I'd assume that if they use an orchestra or a big band of some kind, they'd use the Orchestra box/space present in most (all?) of these theaters. Would be a bit odd to have an orchestra right in front of you and probably not very nice for the acoustics.

I did inititally think they were not shown because they were VIP Premium seats, but I can see the VIP Premium seats that I had in my cart at one point during the presale the other day on that ticketmaster seating map.

It's probably some really boring explanation why Row A is missing!  Fire Safety reasons, or perhaps security staff or something.  Just thought it was interesting that I may actually be in the front Row even though I'm in Row B!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2015, 08:30:42 AM »
So, are there even any tickets left?

Prices are pretty extreme though, not sure I can really justify it before I even know if I'm going to like the album.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jbrum77634

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2015, 08:55:15 AM »
So, are there even any tickets left?

Prices are pretty extreme though, not sure I can really justify it before I even know if I'm going to like the album.

The aloud.com selling site shows tickets available in about 10 of 12 categories, they have more options than Ticketmaster.   

Offline krands85

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Yeah this is an issue for me too, especially once I factor in the hefty transport and accommodation costs. Then there's also wondering whether or not they're going to add in any other UK dates that would be easier and cheaper to get to than London. It would be better if they could confirm that sort of thing before making tickets available for the already confirmed shows. Though by the looks of it, it seems any additional UK show(s) would also be in London.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww