Author Topic: 2016-02-18 & 19 - Palladium, London UK  (Read 119948 times)

Offline genome

2016-02-18 & 19 - Palladium, London UK
« on: November 02, 2015, 12:08:26 PM »
"...the show's going to the London Palladium, sir?"

Go on then... ROLL CALL! Who's with me?

No Wembley Arena this time (thankfully!) - have they played the Palladium before?  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:59:32 AM by genome »

Offline metrojam

Re: 2016-02-18 - Palladium, London UK
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
I'll be there for sure...got a VERY GOOD feeling about this new album :)  I don't think ANY metal band has EVER played the Palladium before in its history, so this could well be a first for DT :)

Offline genome

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
Opeth were due to play there a few weeks ago, but it was moved to Drury Lane.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 05:21:35 AM »
How the fuck the premium re-sale sites have tickets for this on sale already is beyond me.  :censored :censored
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:07:17 AM »
Ticket bought woop woop

They've clearly thought "What would Rush do?"  when it comes to ticket prices though..62 quid in total  :o

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
Cannot get tickets :-( 

Says "All tickets are currently in customers carts".

Bummer!

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 02:09:53 AM »
Ticket bought! Blimey, that was tight, all the good tickets were in other users baskets!

Lazlo - sorry to hear that - keep trying!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 02:11:50 AM »
I smell a rat.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline gspdt

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 02:18:19 AM »
Ticket bought! Blimey, that was tight, all the good tickets were in other users baskets!

Lazlo - sorry to hear that - keep trying!

How did you get a ticket? I have been on the website since 8.55am and it is saying there are no tickets? Whats going on here?

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »
I saw two tickets on my very first attempt and thought they were a bit poor so I let them go. Subsequent attempts state either other people are holding the tickets or that two seats together can't be found.

I suspect they released a couple of hundred VIP tickets (have you seen the cost?!) and a handful of standard tickets. It's probably been done to create initial demand for the VIP tickets.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:26:55 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Rushfreek

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 02:33:11 AM »
 :'(I have been trying since 8.55am gmt, this is a disgrace. are they sure the honestly released any tickets? :angry:

Offline gspdt

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 02:33:49 AM »
I saw two tickets on my very first attempt and thought they were a bit poor so I let them go. Subsequent attempts state either other people are holding the tickets or that two seats together can't be found.

I suspect they released a couple of hundred VIP tickets (have you seen the cost?!) and a handful of standard tickets. It's probably been done to create initial demand for the VIP tickets.

It's a fookin joke! just have to wait and try to get tickets with the masses on Friday.

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 02:35:41 AM »

This is exactly what happened to me!  I got row L or something so I let it go thinking they were poor seats.  I'm still trying though, and at least I can try again on Friday!

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 02:40:34 AM »
Tried to get 3 tickets but as soon as 9 rolled round I hit refresh and they were all accounted for :(

Gonna try again Fri but don't think I will have much joy then either  :tdwn

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 02:44:57 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there were very very few tickets sold today.  I'm sure Friday will be much easier to get one as long as your on the site asap.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 02:50:46 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there were very very few tickets sold today.  I'm sure Friday will be much easier to get one as long as your on the site asap.

Agreed.
Paul
Leicestershire, UK

Offline gspdt

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 02:59:41 AM »

Agreed.

more tickets now!

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 03:05:38 AM »
Managed to get 2 tickets!!

I just kept trying again and again.

Eventually I found 2 available Row P, again I thought these were poor seats but this time I opened up the tour page in a different web browser so as not to let those Row P tickets go.

In the new browser I searched again and would ya believe it I got Stalls Front - Row B - seats 20 & 21     :o  :metal

Awesome seats (although a little close but who cares coz they're right in the middle of the row!  Happy days!

Anybody not got tix yet, keep trying, it may pay off.  For those who got your tix, see you guys and gals there!

Offline gspdt

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 03:13:54 AM »

Eventually I found 2 available Row P, again I thought these were poor seats but this time I opened up the tour page in a different web browser so as not to let those Row P tickets go.

In the new browser I searched again and would ya believe it I got Stalls Front - Row B - seats 20 & 21     :o  :metal

Awesome seats (although a little close but who cares coz they're right in the middle of the row!  Happy days!

Anybody not got tix yet, keep trying, it may pay off.  For those who got your tix, see you guys and gals there!

I managed to get row B seat too! Amazing....was a bit hesistant as would have preferred to be slightly further back but didn't want to take a chance and not get any (especially as the website was up and down).

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2015, 03:16:03 AM »

I managed to get row B seat too! Amazing....was a bit hesistant as would have preferred to be slightly further back but didn't want to take a chance and not get any (especially as the website was up and down).

I had that exact same hesitation, but like you I didn't want to take the chance!

See ya in Row B   ;D

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 03:37:50 AM »
I also managed to get seats, albeit Row T. But we are middle section with end seats. Had a look on TheaterMonkey and couldnt complain, luckily its tiered seating

Offline Billzo

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »
I panicked and ordered the first seat that came available. On my todd, but that isn't unusual for me at DT shows. I like to stay focussed with no distractions during the show.

Row P centre aisle seat. Not bad I guess. Will be pissed if they release loads of closer seats on Friday though lol.

EDIT: I guess the pre-sale is over. They've just redirected the page to the following:

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/dream-theater/london-palladium/924800
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:17:48 AM by Billzo »

Offline gspdt

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 05:09:03 AM »

I had that exact same hesitation, but like you I didn't want to take the chance!

See ya in Row B   ;D

Sure will , think we are only one seat away from you! Back on the DT wagon - album then extensive tour with hopefully two european legs and a night in London in Feb & Oct then live dvd.....and repeat!

Offline Lazlow Panaflex

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 05:13:51 AM »

See ya in Row B   ;D

Sure will , think we are only one seat away from you! Back on the DT wagon - album then extensive tour with hopefully two european legs and a night in London in Feb & Oct then live dvd.....and repeat!

Ha sounds good to me!  That's the next 18 months of my life sorted  ;D

Offline hacko

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 05:17:47 AM »
I dont know how you guys did it, I was never able to get 2 seats together to be able to go with the wife. I guess I'll have to hit that stupid reseller friday...... :-[

Offline gspdt

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 05:33:11 AM »
I dont know how you guys did it, I was never able to get 2 seats together to be able to go with the wife. I guess I'll have to hit that stupid reseller friday...... :-[

For 45mins I was continuously refreshing the page. Every now and again it would let me enter the number of tickets required but then tell me they were unavailable. I only got one opportunity to select and buy tickets and that was for Row B. No skill involved just pure luck this time round. I hope you are able to get some decent tickets on friday!

I think presales should be password protected for fans (like they have been in the past) so they have a fair chance to buy to see their fav band (probably for many years) before others!

I am very surprised with the ticket prices this time round - £85 each including booking - WTF! Now that's almost VIP prices in my book. Anyway I guess prices are higher as it is a smaller venue. Love it when DT play smaller gigs - The gig at Sheffield Town Hall (or whatever it's called) back in July 2014 was brilliant

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 05:42:24 AM »
They clearly didn't have enough tickets on the pre-sale to match supply - But then I suspect most of the tickets went to touts and 'bots. Hope all of you who didn't manage to get tickets do better on Friday!

Oh, it's a bit crass of the band to send me an email telling me the pre-sale is open about an hour after the sell-out...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:49:52 AM by The Curious Orange »

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 05:54:52 AM »
In fairness, Considering it's the only UK show and the Palladium apparently only seats 2286 I think demand is always going to be greater than supply :(

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 06:36:03 AM »
If you look at the gaps in the current tour schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palladium has optioned 1-2 more nights which will be made available when they've gauged interest properly.

Offline gspdt

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 06:46:15 AM »
If you look at the gaps in the current tour schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if the Palladium has optioned 1-2 more nights which will be made available when they've gauged interest properly.

Now thats a good idea.. its been sometime since the last two nighter!

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 07:16:05 AM »
More tickets just released on the pre-sale...

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2015, 07:18:06 AM »
Good point.  I never considered that.  :metal

Offline Billzo

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2015, 07:27:49 AM »
Looks like Row T seats are available at the moment.

And row B royal circle.

Offline genome

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »
Nabbed a Row T seat. Hopefully they'll add more dates in which case I'll sell that one and try and get some tickets with my mates  :-[

Offline Billzo

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »
VIP Sold Out!

I wonder if that was just the pre-order releases or if they actually sold all of the VIP tickets today!  :omg: