Author Topic: A week from today I will be doing something very stupid. (THE DEED IS DONE)  (Read 3118 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
I'll be doing the Blazin' Challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings.

I'll have six minutes to eat twelve traditional wings spun in ghost pepper sauce. No drinks, no napkins. There will be video, whether I pass or fail.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:12:49 PM by MetalJunkie »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Re: A week today I will be doing something very stupid.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:38:50 PM »
Yessss.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Calvin6s

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:55:41 PM »
That's so stupid, it's good.  Win or lose, you will have a nice memory (and corresponding video).  That memory may be "kill me.  I want to die.  The peppers.  Oh god, the peppahs.  Why did I do this?", but you will be able to laugh about it later.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »

I'll have six minutes to eat twelve traditional wings spun in ghost pepper sauce. No drinks, no napkins. There will be video, whether I pass or fail.

How do you get in on this? Is there an entry fee? Is there a prize? Is yo grub free if you finish it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 12:12:58 AM »
I love watching, and I stress WATCHING, people participate in hot/spicy food contests.

BWW's Blazin' sauce isn't the hottest sauce I've ever had. In fact, it's probably one of the better upper tier hot sauces I've had. I didn't think it had ghost chili in it though.

*following and awaiting results and video. Good luck!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »
Yikes!!! Good luck man.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 01:18:27 AM »
That is indeed pretty stupid. Pretty awesome. I thought ghost peppers were bad and then one of the cooks brought in the naga viper pepper...I had abooouut...a centimeter long piece...put it on my tongue for a minute...and felt it the rest of the day up until I went to sleep. Badly. It was fucking ridiculous. So uh, good fucking luck with that.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: A week from today I will be doing something very stupid.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 04:45:18 AM »
I'm always Leary when large companies do things with the extreme peppers because they generally turn down the capsacainoid level.  This leads to a false sense of understanding.  Now, habanero is so ubiquitous that people have forgotten those things will still light your ass up and kick it ten ways from sideways, and that people who pick them have to wear gloves to protect their skin.

I'm not saying that it won't be hot - just that a proper ghost pepper product will probably be at least an order of magnitude hotter.

If you want to get your hands on the real competition grade stuff, check out Defcon Sauces Deathmatch sauces.  Those will bring a pain train you won't be prepared for.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 05:55:31 AM »
Bone-in or boneless wings? I did that challenge at BWW with boneless and it was a piece of cake. I went to try at another location about two years later and they said I had to do it with bone-in wings. That made it significantly harder.

With the boneless wings, the inside of my mouth and throat was able to cope with the heat just fine. I also got to use a fork. With the bone-in wings, my lips felt like someone was holding a blowtorch over them after about the 6th wing. I chew my fingernails to the point of drawing blood sometimes, and I could feel the heat seeping in around my finger nails. That was brutal. It was much like pouring alcohol into an open wound. I called it at wing #7.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 06:02:10 AM »

Brazenly stupid but I commend you on it.  I don't know if I could go that hot with my wings. I've had N'Sinerator from Buffalo Boss and that was almost torturous. Good luck to you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:53 AM »
When I first saw the thread title, I had my "I hope you and your wife will be very happy together" line all ready to go. :biggrin:

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 06:54:57 AM »
Good Luck!!! I love me something hot....but there is a point where it's just not enjoyable. I'm good with Habernero Temp. and below. Anything above Habernero (ghost peppers...etc) is just not fun...

Best of luck!! :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
Bone-in or boneless wings? I did that challenge at BWW with boneless and it was a piece of cake. I went to try at another location about two years later and they said I had to do it with bone-in wings. That made it significantly harder.

With the boneless wings, the inside of my mouth and throat was able to cope with the heat just fine. I also got to use a fork. With the bone-in wings, my lips felt like someone was holding a blowtorch over them after about the 6th wing. I chew my fingernails to the point of drawing blood sometimes, and I could feel the heat seeping in around my finger nails. That was brutal. It was much like pouring alcohol into an open wound. I called it at wing #7.

That does seem like it would be a significant factor.  If they're boneless, you can practically gulp them down whole (you'd probably need to chomp a few times, but you know what I mean), minimizing your exposure to the flammable sauces.  Bone-in requires work, takes time, and greatly increases your exposure.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 07:20:40 AM »
I watched a kid (probably 18, 20) do it at BWW during last year's NCAAs, and it was hilarious.  He looked like Joey Chestnut for the first two, all smiles and happy, then by wing 6 or 7, he looked like he had already shit his pants.   Panting, even drooling a little.  He made it to 8 or 9 if I remember it correctly, and looked like a ghost, no pun intended as he sat there.   He was a good sport about it, but he was not feeling as chipper going out as he did coming in.

Oh, but good luck to you! :) 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 07:22:47 AM »
Better get some ice packs for your butthole.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
Milk.   They say milk helps.  Though for the life of me, I don't know how you get it on your butthole. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 07:35:50 AM »
Milk.   They say milk helps.  Though for the life of me, I don't know how you get it on your butthole.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 07:45:25 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin

if it burns going in, it burns coming out

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 08:21:45 AM »
May the Force be with you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
When I first saw the thread title, I had my "I hope you and your wife will be very happy together" line all ready to go. :biggrin:

Glad I wasn't the only one. :lol

Good luck, man!

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 09:27:31 AM »
Just don't rub your eyes afterwards and you're going to be fine.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
It is bone-in wings. I'm going to have a practice round (no spice) a few days ahead to try a couple of different eating strategies.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 10:34:26 AM »
Sounds awesome, good luck!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
It is bone-in wings. I'm going to have a practice round (no spice) a few days ahead to try a couple of different eating strategies.

What about going through and just removing all of the meat from all of the bones, tossing the bones aside, getting a fork and just shoveling all the meat in?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 12:26:49 PM »
I think no silverware is allowed, and no napkins either.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 12:53:48 PM »
Yeah. They don't let you wipe your mouth, even if it's on your own sleeve. That's why it's important to go through them as fast as you possibly can. The longer that stuff sits on your lips, the worse it gets.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »
I'm in the mood for wings now. Maybe I'll get some suicidal from Planet Wings.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 01:06:50 PM »
During the practice round, I'd figure out the quickest way to strip the meat off the bones.  I have zero knowledge about such things, but it seems to me that munching them down quickly has got to be better overall than spreading out the pain, because it's going to be agony by the end anyway.  Might as well see if you can blast through before your body knows what hit it.

It could also be that going too fast could cause a buildup of toxins that causes your mouth to explode into flames.  Who knows?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 01:12:10 PM »
I saw a video where a guy was allowed to wear a nitril glove. I'd definitely avail myself of that option if allowed. There are plenty of articles on strategy for such foolish endeavors. Do some research ahead of time. Make sure you clean those bones. They can DQ you once time runs out if you didn't get them clean enough. Lastly, when you do your practice round, have them bring out 3 of the blazin ones last so you'll know what you're getting into. Being mentally prepared seems to be the single most important detail (aside from the cast-iron bungholes that some mutants are born with).

edit: Oh, congratulations and best wishes was my first thought on the thread title, as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »
I love what an interesting discussion this has become :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 10:51:51 AM »

How do you get in on this? Is there an entry fee? Is there a prize? Is yo grub free if you finish it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »
edit: Oh, congratulations and best wishes was my first thought on the thread title, as well.

Wow, another one, and it never crossed my mind.  I thought maybe he was going skydiving or something.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
Try not to rip yourself a new ass.  On the other hand, when you're done, you might need a new ass.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 01:49:24 PM »
Yeah...definitely try to strip the meat and then eat it all at once. The issue is that you have the wing in your mouth for as long as it takes to clean the meat off of it; which is problematic. Also, drink a glass of buttermilk just before you go into the restaurant. It will help minimize the burn on the other end......

...it always worked for Batman and Robin.  :biggrin:
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
Also...Brutus, a great friend of NP, and a self proclaimed expert on all things gastronomic (and cannabinoid), swears up and down that the best thing anyone can do when eating extremely hot, whatever, is to take a chunk of dark chocolate and cram it in your mouth as soon as you finish, and suck on it until it's dissolved. He's claimed for years it always puts the fire out better than dairy.

I've also heard to avoid an ER trip, to coat your lips with Vaseline beforehand.

Good luck.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."