Author Topic: Doing a Lost marathon (first time viewer, almost done with Season 1)  (Read 822 times)

Offline npiazza91

I have a ton of shows that I still have to watch, and I decided to start with Lost.  I'm a huge fan of wild life survival type stuff, so I thought I'd start here.  I started about a week ago and I am already on Episode 20.  I'll post my thoughts on each episode from here on out if anyone wants to follow along.  I thought it might be cool for some of you who has seen the entire show to get a new viewers' perspective.  I myself love hearing people's thoughts on shows I already watched.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO SPOILERS.  If there is any sort of twist or if my assumptions are wrong, don't hint at anything, don't say "if you love this character you'll be sad later on", please not even tiny hints.  I am very good at reading between the lines and if I feel like you hinted at something that's all I'll be thinking about the whole time.  Just comment on episodes I have already reviewed and don't add any hints towards any character or plot line.  So far I'm loving it.

Just to clarify, discussing episodes 1-19 is fair game (for now), but nothing beyond that.  If you have never watched an episode, first of all START WATCHING, second of all, stop reading now because I'm already almost done with season 1.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Doing a Lost marathon (first time viewer, almost done with Season 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »
I'm curious to see what you think of the series overall since you are watching it like I did. There seems to be a huge difference between watching the series all at once vs watching the episodes as their aired.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Seasons 1 and 2 of Lost are among my favourite in dramatic television. While the show is still enjoyable after that, I felt it dropped in quality in season 3 and took a huge nosedive in quality in season 4.

Offline npiazza91

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
Season 1, Episode 20 (Do No Harm) Review

Damn that was intense.  I really didn't think they'd kill off a main character so quickly, however, having watched a lot of TV I think he'll be back.  With a "supernatural" type of show, anything can happen.  His death really didn't effect me because he was one of the least developed characters, but I did feel very bad for Shannon.  Her and Sayid are such a cute couple, and it was devastating that she had to come back from her "date" to find out her step brother died.  Still, Boone was a cool guy and he was a part of the team.  That's one less character for the others to interact with.  Overall, the episode was a bit boring.  I didn't care for the flash back scenes with Jack and his wife.  Still, I did not expect Boone to die and his loss will be felt as the overall group dynamic will be effected.  I actually really liked the contrast between Boone dying and Claire having her baby.  I didn't know whether to feel happy or sad, so I didn't really feel anything.  I have a feeling that there is a connection between Boone dying right as Claire was having her baby...sort of a "life for a life on the island" thing.  I appreciate Sawyer's character development, but I wish he would go back to being a dick, I liked him better that way.  Also, I'm liking Jin a lot more now.  Just like how his wife feels "free" of him, I think a huge part of him feels free from her as well, he's been opening up and becoming a lot more likable.  Overall, it was an ok episode.  Really looking forward to Jack going after Locke.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »
I really like the show for the most part and I binged it as well. I'm really into survival stuff too but also love sci/fi so the show fit right in with me. I am completely in love with Locke as well as a character that is introduced later on. I forget the name of Locke's actor but he and said future character are two of my favorite TV actors. One of the main reasons I like the show so much is the characters.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 01:04:22 PM »
Lost was one of the best, most wild, awesomely stupid shows I've ever watched.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
I was done with the show after 10 episodes.

;D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 07:03:23 PM »
SPOILER ALERT !!!!!

it was all a TV show :neverusethis:

Offline T-ski

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
the writers strike really killed the flow half way through the series, but it came back around in the last couple of seasons.

hope you enjoy the ride.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 10:01:33 AM »
the writers strike really killed the flow half way through the series, but it came back around in the last couple of seasons.

hope you enjoy the ride.

Damon said they had a beginning, middle and end all planned out but the network wanted to get more seasons from it so the whole middle is nothing but padding.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »
Best. Show. Ever.