Author Topic: I'm going to marry two of dearest friends v. IT'S OVER. IT'S DONE.  (Read 2378 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
This just in: I nailed it. Everyone said I did really well, I came off as professional and confident. Some were surprised it was my first time.
:metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
This just in: I nailed it. Everyone said I did really well, I came off as professional and confident. Some were surprised it was my first time.
:metal

:metal Great Job!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: I'm going to marry two of dearest friends v. IT'S OVER. IT'S DONE.
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2015, 09:16:17 PM »
Somehow I didn't let my nervousness get the best of me. I don't know if it was my Better Call Saul "it's showtime!' bit in the bathroom, the prayer I said right beforehand, or the klonopin. Regardless, I'm happy it was such a smooth ceremony from start to finish.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
My turn this Saturday!!!  :metal   It should be pretty fun. If there are pics I'll post, but I'm excited....and worried because as I've been writing up the ceremony I keep getting teary eyed and emotional. It's not my 'blood' sister but I've known her for 13 years and have watched her grow up in effect and I consider her my sister, so I'm hoping I don't lose it while trying to do this.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »
Gary,

The day of my daughter's ceremony, I pulled some family members aside in the morning and ran through the entire script four times. Each time I'd get choked up and stumble over a section or two. Everyone told me not to worry about it and they thought it just made the text more memorable.

Then the ceremony actually arrived. I didn't choke up or stumble once. It was amazing.

I hope yours goes as well.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »
Gary,

The day of my daughter's ceremony, I pulled some family members aside in the morning and ran through the entire script four times. Each time I'd get choked up and stumble over a section or two. Everyone told me not to worry about it and they thought it just made the text more memorable.

Then the ceremony actually arrived. I didn't choke up or stumble once. It was amazing.

I hope yours goes as well.

Thanks Gregg....I'm going to use that advice....for sure.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »
The wedding went great....everyone was pleased and it was a lot of fun. It was such an intimate setting...out on a 1000 acre ranch in rural Missouri. The groom has an Uncle who is a big Whig at ATT....he built a Hunting Lodge that literally is resort quality. He only uses it two or three times a year...other than that the groom and his dad take care of the property for him.

Anyway, I got a bunch of compliments from everyone saying I did well.....it was very personal and went about as good as it could.

Gregg...you were right. I read through things a few times that morning and when it came time....there were some sentimental moments and all but I was able to hold it together and not ruin anything.  :lol  anyway.....

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2015, 12:18:34 AM »
Anyway, I got a bunch of compliments from everyone saying I did well.....it was very personal and went about as good as it could.
Awesome, glad to hear! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:21 AM »
Awesome, glad to hear! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

It was. I expected them from those I'm close to because no matter what those people say things like that out of obligation  :lol  But, when people I barely knew or hadn't met from his side of the family said things to me like 'you made it so intimate and personal' and were asking 'how many' weddings I've done...well, I was just glad to know I didn't mess things up for them.