Author Topic: Damian Wilson New Albums - Kickstarter Campaign (Threshold Singer, Solo Artist)  (Read 1277 times)

Offline goo-goo

Check it out. I got the 2 album reward.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1519578524/damian-wilson-new-album-2016?ref=email

He's recording two albums:
-One with renowned musicians
-One with Adam Wakeman (his bandmate from Headspace), mostly acoustic guitar and piano.

Offline senecadawg2

I saw this today and look forward to checking it out when it comes out.

Though if I'm being honest, I'd much rather be getting news about a new Headspace album.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline goo-goo

Though if I'm being honest, I'd much rather be getting news about a new Headspace album.

There's some Headspace news in the Kickstarter info. It seems that the new album will be released sometime in 2016.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
This is hitting at the worst time, but I think I will find a way to support this. If the Wakeman/Wilson stuff even touches on the awesomeness of Headspace, I'd be thrilled.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline senecadawg2

There's some Headspace news in the Kickstarter info. It seems that the new album will be released sometime in 2016.

Oh sweet! I wish I could support this, but I don't have the money.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
From Facebook:

HEADSPACE, the band featuring Damian Wilson, Adam Wakeman, Lee Pomeroy & Pete Rinaldi, have announced they will release their long-awaited new album 'All That You Fear Is Gone' on the 26th February 2016.

They have also announced new drummer Adam Falkner has joined their ranks, and Adam had this to say:

"This album is the first to debut new Drummer Adam Falkner whom Pete Rinaldi and I have toured with a lot in the past. He's a superb player and he really fits with the band's sound and style. He also gets a round in, which is a plus."

Damian Wilson comments on the new album:

"The conforming individual represented in the first album that breaks away, is reflected in All That You Fear Is Gone. Free thinking, fighting against natural grouping, what appears as destructive rebellion is in fact evolution. Written to make the listener think, whilst capturing the ear with complexity and simplicity combined.

Embarking on the second Headspace album I personally had a clear vision, but by the time each band member had thrown in their piece, I thought we had produced an album that was unlistenable to. As it progressed, the rough edges and corners seemed to settle like a good lasagne. Everyone has their own tastes, but I know this is a bloody good lasagne.”
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Yeah, for the record: I DID look for that thread, couldn´t find it... :blush
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
There's a sticky that contains ALL band threads :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey