Author Topic: The cat appreciation thread  (Read 51629 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: The cat appreciation thread
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
Our three babies.  Very rare to get them all in the same shot.  The two cream ones usually ignore the brown one (the favorite). 
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 06:22:43 PM »
Awwwww
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Cable

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 08:26:05 PM »
God bless creatures who always smell, never bathe, have 60-grit tongues, are disobedient as hell, are intelligent enough to frantically run right in front of speeding cars, and attack you unprovoked.

>:( Isn't this the cat appreciation thread? So why is there hate? Granted, Chino had a point as dogs were ripped. But I don't have dogs, and I prefer cats (even though a Golden is my dream pet), but I don't go into that thread. The title even said don't like dogs stay the eff out. So cat haters stay the eff out.

And cats smell??? If you are talking about owners who don't clean boxes that is one thing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:31:42 PM by CableX »
---

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 04:24:02 AM »
Yep cats definitely don't smell. They clean themselves all day !

Offline dparrott

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 07:49:06 AM »
A downside (at least for me): Waking me up at 3,4,5 in the morning crying for wet food even though I just gave them wet food hours before.  Spoiled brats!  ::)

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2015, 08:15:35 AM »
I love Cats! I have no use for dogs.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »

My cat! :heart
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 09:42:16 AM »
A downside (at least for me): Waking me up at 3,4,5 in the morning crying for wet food even though I just gave them wet food hours before.  Spoiled brats!  ::)

As much as I love cats, and my own cats in particular, I refuse to budge on the issue of who is the pet and who is the master.  The first time a cat wakes me up, they go flying across the room.  They might take a bump or bruise, but they'll recover.  By the second time that happens, they know better than to wake me up.  They'll bug my wife or my kids, but they don't mess with me.

Same thing in the kitchen.  We set out food at 6 AM and 6 PM (as opposed to just leaving food in the dish all day, which I know works in some households but not ours) and when it gets around 5 or so, any time anyone goes into the kitchen, they're whining and meowing.  They have learned not to bother me.  I won't kick them, but I'll use my foot to launch them across the room.  Again, they're smart animals and they learn quickly.  Bothering me will not result in food; it will result in unpleasantry.  I will feed them when I decide to.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 11:53:18 AM »
Here is my buddy, Buddy:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
 :heart :heart :heart

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »

As much as I love cats, and my own cats in particular, I refuse to budge on the issue of who is the pet and who is the master.  The first time a cat wakes me up, they go flying across the room.  They might take a bump or bruise, but they'll recover.  By the second time that happens, they know better than to wake me up.  They'll bug my wife or my kids, but they don't mess with me.

Same thing in the kitchen.  We set out food at 6 AM and 6 PM (as opposed to just leaving food in the dish all day, which I know works in some households but not ours) and when it gets around 5 or so, any time anyone goes into the kitchen, they're whining and meowing.  They have learned not to bother me.  I won't kick them, but I'll use my foot to launch them across the room.  Again, they're smart animals and they learn quickly.  Bothering me will not result in food; it will result in unpleasantry.  I will feed them when I decide to.
Yup, same here. One thing I will not tolerate is animals hounding me when I feed them. All I ask is that they keep their distance while I get their food ready and not be a nuisance. On one extreme was my old man's dogs, who would sit patiently in front of their bowls and not eat until I told them it was OK, even if I made them wait 30 seconds just to be a dick (those were some smart dogs). Then you've got the other side which is our shop cat, who will run screaming from the room if I even walk in while she's eating. That is one stupid-ass cat.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2015, 01:05:49 PM »

My Dad's cat Yoshi. 1996 - 2012

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

Yup, same here. One thing I will not tolerate is animals hounding me when I feed them. All I ask is that they keep their distance while I get their food ready and not be a nuisance. On one extreme was my old man's dogs, who would sit patiently in front of their bowls and not eat until I told them it was OK, even if I made them wait 30 seconds just to be a dick (those were some smart dogs). Then you've got the other side which is our shop cat, who will run screaming from the room if I even walk in while she's eating. That is one stupid-ass cat.

GAWD, that's how our cat is... I haven't so much as looked at that cat the wrong way and every single fuckin' time I put her bowl out, I'll wash my hands, get something to drink, and as I'm walking out of the kitchen, walk by the bowl again while she eats... it's like she has this seizure of fear and darts out of the room like I'm about to come at her with machine-gun that shoots Rottweilers. I don't get it. Definitely not the brightest thing, but at the same time she's a badass hunter. She's the tiniest fucking thing, and has come back WITH OWLS. Not one owl. That'd be badass enough...fucking multiple owls. It's like she's got retard strength and is fucking up the food chain, I swear.  :lol :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »
That's awesome.  Owls are birds, and cats eat birds, I get that.  But owls are also predators and are pretty badass themselves.  A cat that can take out owls is damned good.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2015, 03:00:23 PM »

Weird. Maggie (my cat) will greet me when I get home from work and most days will gently entice me down to "her room" and ask me to pet her while she eats.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2015, 03:42:12 PM »
My little girl, Sally.

Her big lug brother Harry giving me the business for food.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »
For God's sake, please tell me it was the wife who named your cats Harry and Sally!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »
Yup.  If it was 2 boys I would have had the naming rights.

It would have been Lenny & Sqiggy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 04:02:29 PM »
For God's sake, please tell me it was the wife who named your cats Harry and Sally!

Btw not about that movie.  She always loved Sally as a name but Harry was named after a movie and our last name is Callahan.   That should make you feel better.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »

Btw not about that movie.  She always loved Sally as a name but Harry was named after a movie and our last name is Callahan.   That should make you feel better.

Dirty Harry!  The female should've been named Sandra.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »

:neverusethis:

Offline dparrott

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
Everytime we eat KFC or El Pollo Loco, our brown cat smells it, comes around, and sits there waiting for handouts.  Like we owe it to him.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
It's chicken, meat, food.  You might drop some, and they have to be there just in case.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
Here is my buddy, Buddy:

Beautiful Cat!
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 06:11:16 PM »
I posted this in the photography thread but here are a couple of shots of Shea:

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 01:10:09 AM »
My cat doesn't eat filthy human sustenance. Doesn't matter what fine meat we put down for her, she doesn't care. She only eats superior cat food. Oh, and ham.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2015, 06:36:07 AM »
My cat gets really interested in human food, like if I put a plate somewhere the cat would normally go then he will approach it smell it but never eats it.

He does however like to drink water from my glass, which he has gotten very much better with to the point he doesn't really attempt to do it anymore.  He's broken many glasses by doing this.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »
Our cats love egg whites.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2015, 07:55:04 AM »
Our youngest cat Orbitty (aka Ralph Wiggum aka Stimpy) had to be put to sleep yesterday.   :'(  My wife woke up and found him lying on the floor lifeless with a puddle of urine next to him.  We rushed him to the doctor and they said he was in critical condition with a low blood count.  It would have cost too much money to do an ultrasound and keep him in the hospital for days, so we just had to let him go.  He was only 7 years old!  He had the personality of wood compared to the other cats but he was a sweet lap kitty.  Poor little guy.  We don't have kids, so this is like losing a child for us.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that  :'(

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
So terrible, sorry.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
NVM
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »
That's awful. Losing a pet is always so difficult regardless of what type of animal it is.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »
I am so sorry.  I know exactly how you feel.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I'm dreading the day we have to put our cat down. It's going to be even harder now that he's my 3 year old daughters best friend.