Author Topic: The cat appreciation thread  (Read 52092 times)

Offline Zoom E

Re: The cat appreciation thread
« Reply #490 on: August 10, 2022, 11:35:38 AM »
Cram, I would guess that your cats previous owners had fed him human food and he was accustomed to it. I had the same issue when I adopted two older cats - they were always mooching my food. I adopted another cat, Banjo, two years ago and he had no interest in my food until he saw my other cat mooching off me. Banjo learned the art of mooching very quickly.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #491 on: August 10, 2022, 11:40:19 AM »
Cram, I would guess that your cats previous owners had fed him human food and he was accustomed to it. I had the same issue when I adopted two older cats - they were always mooching my food. I adopted another cat, Banjo, two years ago and he had no interest in my food until he saw my other cat mooching off me. Banjo learned the art of mooching very quickly.  :lol

He was a kitten from a shelter, found locally outside with the rest of his family (he was the last one left when I adopted him though, that's what the shelter had told me).  There was no reason to believe he had a previous owner.

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #492 on: August 11, 2022, 03:28:34 AM »
With the television cityscape in the background, your cat looks like Godzilla ready to embark on a rampage. :lol  :heart

It's not my cat, just a clip I found.
But I'm glad you like that little bastard. :lol

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #493 on: August 11, 2022, 10:36:17 AM »
With the television cityscape in the background, your cat looks like Godzilla ready to embark on a rampage. :lol  :heart

It's not my cat, just a clip I found.
But I'm glad you like that little bastard. :lol

Greetings...
Nef

:lol   Do you have a cat, Nef?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #494 on: August 11, 2022, 11:09:03 AM »
My little monster Sally enjoying being on our porch.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #495 on: August 11, 2022, 11:20:53 AM »
I'm just getting caught up on this thread. Great stuff all around.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #496 on: August 11, 2022, 04:31:57 PM »
This was my view this morning when making breakfast…

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2022, 12:09:57 AM »
:lol   Do you have a cat, Nef?

Small place in the city, no garden, gone most of the day... so nope.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2022, 10:07:59 PM »
My kitty-cat, Sandie

...and from the back

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #499 on: August 23, 2022, 06:23:07 AM »
My girlfriend and I were dreaming about adopting a cat and finally we did it last week. She was a stray before local shelter picked her up from the streets. So happy to have her :)
Meet Karolina (Caroline).

...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #500 on: August 23, 2022, 06:30:00 AM »
Sandie and Karolina are both presh!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: August 23, 2022, 08:30:42 AM »
Sandie and Karolina are both presh!

Yup!

My cat had me laughing over the weekend. I was cooking dinner in the kitchen and I hear banging noises in the living room, I look and see this.  Sadly the original look was much better as I then had to run to get my phone, but he was originally all tangled up  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #502 on: August 23, 2022, 08:33:41 AM »
Rufus cracks me up all the time. I was trying to do laundry the other night and turned around to see this.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2022, 08:36:40 AM »
Funny, my old cats would love that same hamper (which I still have) but my cat doesn't gaf about it.  TBH, my cat is not very curious like lots of cats so he rarely does really stupid stuff so I never get those good laughs at him. He's just a fat lazy cat.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #504 on: August 23, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »
Rufus is curious as hell, but he'll only explore and be brave if I'm in the room with him. I just recently opened up my basement to him (installed a cat door) which is another four rooms/spaces. I watched him explore on my security cameras and he's so skittish. When I went down there with him, he was putting his nose in everything and climbing up and down anything he could get his paws on.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #505 on: August 25, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
My girlfriend and I were dreaming about adopting a cat and finally we did it last week. She was a stray before local shelter picked her up from the streets. So happy to have her :)
Meet Karolina (Caroline).

So adorable! Congrats!

Funny, my old cats would love that same hamper (which I still have) but my cat doesn't gaf about it.  TBH, my cat is not very curious like lots of cats so he rarely does really stupid stuff so I never get those good laughs at him. He's just a fat lazy cat.

Our older cat Lily loves the hamper but only when it's time to get her steroid. She usually starts feeling off and then will hide in the hamper, we now it's time for her juice then :)

Online Harmony

« Reply #506 on: August 25, 2022, 11:41:13 AM »
So one of my cats gave me a near heart attack this week.  I walked into my bedroom to find the vent cover off and no sign of the cat anywhere.  One of our 2 is just small enough to get in there and he loves nothing more than to burrow in things.  Problem is, he could get in but not have room to turn around or possibly back out.  I was FREAKING OUT and envisioning having to call the fire department or something to have them knock holes in our house to get at the vent.

Turns out, he was downstairs the whole time, curled up and sleeping.  But now that he's discovered that he can pull the vent cover off, guess what his new hobby is?  Our plan is to get some double sided tape which will work well on the floors but not sure it will work on carpet.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: August 25, 2022, 12:05:42 PM »
And that's a scenario where I'm happy my cat is not a curious one. 

I got home last night and was just changing clothes alone in my house, so it was quiet, and I hear some cat noises.  I'm thinking it's my cat, but it was very odd sounds from him.  I get close to the sound (near my front door) and realize it's outside my house.  My cat then comes running to the window still to watch as two stray orange cats are literally at my front door in a stand off.  Face to face, mouths open, cat noises, and the rest of their bodies basically frozen.  I opened the door and tried to shoo them away but they hardly budged and I didn't want to get too close because clearly both were in aggressive mode.  I had to run out so I got back in my car and scared them off my property but when I pulled out those two started attacking and tumbling together in the street.  I've seen some local strays before, but never anything like that.  With my indoor cat (also orange) watching from the window.  I just wonder wtf is going through all these cats minds while this is happening  :lol I had to re-assure my cat that he is the king of this house when I got home.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #508 on: September 07, 2022, 08:09:05 PM »
great thread
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Harmony

« Reply #509 on: September 13, 2022, 06:51:41 PM »
Hey guys - please send some kitty good vibes/juju to my boy Jax.  He's under the weather and I'm not sure why.  He just had a clean bill of health at the vet last month.  He and his brother have had a bit of an URI (sneezing) which they tend to have every spring/fall since they were kittens and always shake it off without a need for medicine.  I thought we were through the wort of it but today Jax has been very lethargic and not interested in eating - which is definitely NOT like him.  He is accepting pets and cuddles and I'm getting only a soft purr from time to time but mostly he's just not his usual self.   And I'm a bit worried.  :'(

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #510 on: September 13, 2022, 07:57:48 PM »
Hope Jax recovers quickly, Harmony.  :heart

I find that lysine immensely helps my kitty that has upper respiratory issues.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #511 on: September 13, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »
Hey guys - please send some kitty good vibes/juju to my boy Jax.  He's under the weather and I'm not sure why.  He just had a clean bill of health at the vet last month.  He and his brother have had a bit of an URI (sneezing) which they tend to have every spring/fall since they were kittens and always shake it off without a need for medicine.  I thought we were through the wort of it but today Jax has been very lethargic and not interested in eating - which is definitely NOT like him.  He is accepting pets and cuddles and I'm getting only a soft purr from time to time but mostly he's just not his usual self.   And I'm a bit worried.  :'(

healing kitty vibe and hugz... I will think on what it could be...
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: September 14, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »
Kitty good vibes beings being sent your way.  Hopefully he recovers soon.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #513 on: September 14, 2022, 10:36:19 AM »

any update? Meow!! : )

Online Harmony

« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2022, 09:49:19 PM »
Thanks guys - the positive vibes seem to have worked!  He's still a bit less active than normal but today he is eating again (demanding as usual) and playing with toys.  He has been snuggling with his brother as well.  Hopefully the trend continues and tomorrow he will be back to his normal normal.  LoL

Jax is on the right.  He says, "Thanks for all the support but what I'd really like is a snack."   :heart

BTW, his brother, Finn, ate a moth that was flying in front of him.  Just snapped his jaws closed around it.  The he kept looking for it like he didn't even realize he'd gotten it.  He is a sweetie but kind of simple.  LoL

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #515 on: September 15, 2022, 05:58:16 AM »
Great news!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #516 on: September 15, 2022, 06:45:54 AM »
r/oneorangebraincell is one of my favorites
I would recommend still getting with a vet to check things out, just in case. Ive seen cats decline rapidly and regret not getting things looked at early enough.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #517 on: September 15, 2022, 07:51:23 AM »
Thanks guys - the positive vibes seem to have worked!  He's still a bit less active than normal but today he is eating again (demanding as usual) and playing with toys.  He has been snuggling with his brother as well.  Hopefully the trend continues and tomorrow he will be back to his normal normal.  LoL

Jax is on the right.  He says, "Thanks for all the support but what I'd really like is a snack."   :heart

BTW, his brother, Finn, ate a moth that was flying in front of him.  Just snapped his jaws closed around it.  The he kept looking for it like he didn't even realize he'd gotten it.  He is a sweetie but kind of simple.  LoL

YAY ( MEOWWWWW ) : )

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #518 on: September 30, 2022, 07:34:32 AM »
Rufus being a derp.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #519 on: September 30, 2022, 09:43:57 AM »
BEST THREAD EVER

Online Harmony

« Reply #520 on: September 30, 2022, 02:27:25 PM »
Awww Chino, Rufus is adorbs.  I love this time of year when they get more interested in cuddling.  So what if they are just using me for my body heat.   :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #521 on: October 25, 2022, 07:07:11 AM »
As a lifelong cat lover, I had an epiphany a couple years ago - any time I meet a guy who owns or likes cats, I just KNOW that he's a nice person. This is very different from male dog-owners in general. One of my business contacts is this big burly guy but as soon as I heard him talk about his cat I was like "yeah that makes sense, he's a nice guy". There's a stigma for some reason for many males that liking cats makes them feminine somehow. I don't get it. I'm certainly confident enough in my masculinity to profess my love for cats.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #522 on: October 25, 2022, 07:10:23 AM »
I love cats. Grew up surrounded by them. We've been lucky that in our marriage,  we've had 3 awesome,  friendly cats.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #523 on: October 25, 2022, 07:55:05 AM »
I LOVE EVERY FURBALL IN THIS THREAD AND ALL OF YOU ALSO   

Offline T-ski

« Reply #524 on: November 29, 2022, 07:37:50 AM »
Any advice for naughty cats and Christmas trees?

Our previous two cats were very chill and ignored our tree but we fear our little Lumos, who has shown over and over the last 10 months that he is a mischievous little devil, will be in the tree for sure.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?