Author Topic: The cat appreciation thread  (Read 52929 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: The cat appreciation thread
« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2022, 11:25:19 AM »
Thanks everyone. Putting down a pet you've had since high school is so rough. Her brother went 3 years ago, so I'm happy I got to spend that much more time with her and also while working from home. Rough weekend, but getting a bit easier each day.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #386 on: February 07, 2022, 07:04:48 AM »
My week could have started better :(

I left for work yesterday and it was business as usual with the cat. I left him a bit of extra food, and when I got home noticed his food wasn't finished. He also didn't greet me at the door, I had to go find him laying down in my office. The guy was struggling to walk (looked drunk) and squatted and pissed right in front of me in the living room (never saw him do that in the 8 years I've known him). I slept out in the living room with him, and at 5 woke up to him howling, stuck on the basement stairs.   

He put up zero fight as I put him in his carrier and took him to the vet. He's there now on an IV drip. He's severely dehydrated (there's more than enough water in the house) and apparently has some muscle degradation around his spine. The doc thinks it's his kidneys and she's concerned. He'll be getting bloodwork at some point this morning. I'm a freaking mess. I know he's "just a cat", but it's all I can focus on. No work is getting done today. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 07:10:29 AM by Chino »

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2022, 07:10:55 AM »
My week could have started better :(

I left for work yesterday and it was business as usual with the cat. I left him a bit of extra food, and when I got home noticed his food wasn't finished. He also didn't greet me at the door, I had to go find him laying down in my office. The guy was struggling to walk (looked drunk) and squatted and pissed right in front of me in the living room (never saw him do that in the 8 years I've known him). I slept out in the living room with him, and at 5 woke up to him howling, stuck on the basement stairs.   

He put up zero fight as I put him in his carrier and took him to the vet. He's there now on an IV drip. He's severely dehydrated (there's more than enough water in the house) and apparently has some muscle degradation around his spine. The doc thinks it's kidneys and she's concerned. He'll be getting bloodwork at some point this morning. I'm a freaking mess. I know it's "just a cat", but it's all I can focus on. No work is getting done today.

Oh, Brian, I'm so sorry. I'm afraid that you've got a very bad decision to make later today. :hug:

I was just posting about this crap in the dog thread.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #388 on: February 07, 2022, 07:15:49 AM »
Brian, I'm so sorry.  It's like a child sick.  I know the feeling.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #389 on: February 07, 2022, 07:35:17 AM »
Hoping for the best, positive vibes your way.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2022, 08:39:11 AM »
Hoping he pulls through and it's something he can recover from.  Sorry to hear this. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2022, 08:45:25 AM »
Just catching up on this thread - my condolences to you, chknptpie, on the loss of your beloved pet.

Chino, I will keep a good thought that your vet can help see him through and he is home with you very soon.   :heart

Years ago when I allowed my cat to go outside, he came around dragging his leg and howling one evening and I had to rush him to an emergency vet clinic.  I'll never forget when they said it could be a stroke and there would be nothing to be done.  Turned out he'd torn his ACL and we wound up spending 3K getting him fixed up.  He lived a solid 10 years after that.  The recovering at home was hellish (how do you keep a cat confined in a carrier for 6 weeks and a small room for 4 more...I tell you, once you wean off the pain meds it's tough keeping a cat from being a cat! But we got through.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #392 on: February 07, 2022, 08:50:20 AM »
Thanks y'all  :heart

Today will be Mr. m'Cat's last day (He's 12-13 yo). The doctor said there's a regimen that'd give him a 50:50 chance. I was quoted $6K-$7K, so that's not happening. They went over all his blood work and there's all kinds of bad sings. Turns out he developed diabetes as well :( Even if I had the funds, there's no guarantees and his quality of life could be absolute shit.

This is a rough one. Tomas came into my life when I met my ex, Victoria. She had him since he was a kitten and had him for about 2.5-3 years before meeting me. He lived with us for a few years, and when she moved out she left him with me because of the relationship he and I developed. I called her and spoke to her for the first time in about 13 months and let her know. It felt like the right thing to do. As much as I just want to go get it over with, I'm holding out a few hours so she can wrap up some meetings and go see him one last time.

I'm a goddamn wreck right now. I'm sitting here typing this, looking at his cat house that sits upon my desk, knowing I'll never see him there again. The place where my one of my best buds hung out daily while I've worked from home the last two years during covid. This blows, and I am very sad. Thanks for all the love. 

Here's the last pic I have with my friend:

I'm going to miss this little guy so much.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:38:42 AM by Chino »

Offline Harmony

« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2022, 08:56:31 AM »
Fuck.  I'm so sorry.

Thank you for giving him the best life.  After you get through the anguish of today and tomorrow and this week...may his memory always be a blessing.  :heart  :heart  :heart

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2022, 11:20:29 AM »
GD Chino - so sorry for you. I think you did right calling the ex, thats super nice of you.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2022, 11:47:26 AM »
I'm sorry, Brian.  :heart  You have my email if you need anything, or if there is anything I can do.

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »
I'm so sorry Brian.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2022, 02:14:07 AM »
I am sorry man. 4am tearing up.

I hope I have still many years to annoy my 5 year old Aya.

She looks amused eh.

https://ibb.co/rcfP4c6

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2022, 06:11:56 AM »
This thread could use some love.

Cat gets an aquarium with special viewing hole.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2022, 06:06:25 AM »
^^ That's really cool.

She looks amused eh.
https://ibb.co/rcfP4c6

:lol :lol

A couple days have passed now, and I'm surprised at how bummed and down I still am. The dude was such an integral part of my morning routine. I never realized to what extent. The dog would stay in bed and the cat would come find me as soon as my alarm went off. We'd hang out, just us, until it was time to take the dog out. It's so weird doing everything alone. Calling my ex was definitely the right call. She got there and the cat went straight for her. She and I spent about 90 minutes or so just giving him nothing but warmth, love, brushes, and drinks from the faucet. He went down sandwiched between us with no fight.

I got all of Tomás' stuff together that I could donate; a pair of huts that are in perfect shape, 40lbs of unopened food, 84lbs of unopened cat litter, etc.. It's all tucked in the corner of my dining room. My dog's in a hell of a funk, man. He's bumming really hard. He and the cat weren't playful or snuggly, but they were room proximity associates. They shared their spaces well, and generally gravitated toward each other, leaving a few feet between unless there was limited space in the sun patch, or when they both got on the cat tower. I'm really leaning toward adopting another one sooner rather than later, for the dog's sake (and mine I guess). Especially with Covid coming to and end and me having to return to the office I'm sure at some point in the next two months, I don't want the dog being alone for 10+ hours at a time. It didn't occur to me until a few days later, but I adopted my dog about twelve hours after closing on my house. The cat was already there when we brought him home. When I took the cat to the hospital, it was the first time the dog had ever been alone in the house. First time in 7.5 years. You guys think it's too soon?

I put together a folder of a few hundred pictures. Here's a final few. Give your felines an extra head rub for me today please.   

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2022, 08:09:06 AM »

:heart :heart This is so beautiful! I'm not crying, you're crying.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2022, 05:53:08 PM »
So sorry for your loss, Chino. I had to put down my Emma last year. She was the sweetest and also the fattest cat I've ever met. She was even on the local news, which is how I found out about her: https://www.nbc12.com/2019/12/30/lbs-cat-available-adoption-chesterfield-shelter/
She looked like a female version of my old cat, Gabby, who I had from 2005-2015. I saw that story and I had to get her.
I had her for about a year and a half. I had her on a strict diet and tried to get her to move around and exercise (which is damn hard to do with a cat that size) and in the end she did end up losing about 5 lbs. But she developed arthritis and it became too painful for her to walk to the litter box. Very sweet cat and always had a lot to say. I miss her a lot.

This is Gabby:

And this is Emma:

And this is Sandy, the newest member of the family. Adopted her about a month ago from the Richmond SPCA. Very sweet, but also a troublemaker. She wants to climb everything in the house and explore every nook and cranny every cabinet and closet.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 10:50:44 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline Beavis

« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2022, 08:53:41 AM »
@Chino

It would seem that you and me were caught in the same cyclone.

Wife and me adopted our cat a little over 12 years ago. He was about 16 weeks old, shelter cat, and he looked like a little black bear. It was obvious that he had a lot of Maine Coon cat in him, we're guessing 60-70%. Fast forward, at around 6 years of age, he was in for his annual checkup and shots and they noticed a heart murmur. We went ahead and spent the money (thinking it was around $800) to have an ultrasound performed. It was a very cool experience as we were with the cardiologist as she did the work so she was explaining everything we were seeing. The results were somewhat general, but highly informative. There wasn't a specific cause for the murmur, his heart looked fine, but could be caused by a couple of things. She mentioned two breeds specifically - Ragdolls and Maine Coons - that are susceptible to this. As they age, the muscles that suspend the heart can weaken and the heart can come in contact with the ribs causing the murmur. There is also a congenital heart disease in those breeds known as HCM. The cardiologist also alerted us that if/when the heart failure happens, there's not a lot of warning.

On Sunday afternoon, 1/30, he was sleeping on the floor and I noticed his breathing rapid. I alerted my wife, we kept an eye on him and other than the rapid breathing, everything seemed normal. Got up on Monday morning, he was sitting on the living room floor and as soon as he saw me, he made a bee-line for the lower level. I literally said "What'd I do to piss you off?!". Wife gets up 20-30 minutes later and he didn't come to greet her. Massive red flag, he was a momma's kitty. Wife comments that his bowls are full and he didn't eat anything overnight. I head off to find him, he's hiding under a table, rapid breathing, eyes wide. We call the vet's office, they can't get him in and told us just from the rapid breathing that he needs to go a pet ER and into an oxygen tent and they referred us to 2 hospitals, one of them can take him as soon as we can get him there. I scooped him up and into the carrier and off we go. He meowed 3 times before we left the house, not a peep from him once we were in the car. This is unheard of. The normal 10 minute drive to the vet feels like an eternity - good Lord, someone is torturing a cat in my back seat!! Not this day.

We arrive at the ER, they take him in immediately while we fill out the papers and then we wait. It has not sunk in with me how severe this is.

Then the news is delivered: congenital heart failure, there's fluid around his heart, and his heart is only completing half of the pumping cycle. I know exactly what this means, it's the same thing that killed one of my grandmothers. The cardiologist explained that it would be $1800 to perform a workup to see if surgery would be an option, notable were tests to determine the condition of his kidneys. IF surgery turned out to be an option, that would be another $1800 before any convalescence costs were added. Wife looks at me and says "the money doesn't matter". Then the bombshell: IF surgery is an option and IF he survived it and IF everything is perfect afterwards, there's only a 5% chance of him surviving. He's basically suffocating, the only two options are to keep him comfortable, or to be humane about it. It really didn't require a lot of conversation - we'd been "warned" 6 years earlier and again, it killed my granny. There simply is no coming back from heart disease.

The folks at the pet ER were no different that at a human ER, that's something I wasn't expecting. Me and the Mrs. held him and loved on him while the vet did what she needed to do. This was the third time I've had to do this so I was maintaining my composure "during" as me and the vet chatted. She assured us that his condition had zero to do with how we cared for him and that this type of heart failure typically presents itself this way with cats. She assured me that she's very familiar with his condition and that this was the "right" decision. Given what we knew, we will never regret the decision we made. The consequences certainly suck, but we will never regret it.

That wasn't the worst part for me, it's when we got home. In less than 15 minutes, his toys were collected, cat "tree" was moved to the utility room, litter box gone, and food cleaned up. That just tore me and I still tear up writing this and thinking about it - it's like 12 years was erased in less than 15 minutes.

My wife has a nice little memorial for him in the living room - his ashes are in a nice wooden box, there's a clay paw print and prints of both front paws as well as a little bag of fur and she has some of our favorite pictures of him. At least we can talk about him without breaking down so we've started to discuss adopting a new little friend.

The second picture: As I said, he had a lot of Maine Coon in him, including a very soft, thick undercoat. His undercoat was gray and there were a few spots where it bordered on white. From the day we got him until that last time I saw him walking away from me, this cat's fanny ALWAYS made me smile. It's not really clear, but if you look at his back legs, it looks like he's wearing knee-high black socks, then it's nothing but fluff. Dead serious, I can't tell you how many times my wife would ask "What are you smiling about?" and my response was "Our cat's butt". I noticed it had the same effect on our visitors. For those of you that are fans of Big Elf, the song "Black Ball", when our cat walked away my wife and me would sing "And he gave me the FLUFF ASS" :D

Zorro

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2022, 06:10:24 AM »
What a handsome cat! Hang in there my friend.

That wasn't the worst part for me, it's when we got home. In less than 15 minutes, his toys were collected, cat "tree" was moved to the utility room, litter box gone, and food cleaned up. That just tore me and I still tear up writing this and thinking about it - it's like 12 years was erased in less than 15 minutes.

This was a tough one for me as well. I felt so empty.

I'm really hoping to get some kind of paw print with Tomás' ashes. That sounds nice. I have no idea what comes with what I ordered other than it's got a picture frame built into it. I was so sad and shaky, I couldn't even get myself to read the description. The turnaround time on those was supposed to be 7-10 day, so hopefully I'll be taking him home this week  :heart

I scooped him up and into the carrier and off we go. He meowed 3 times before we left the house, not a peep from him once we were in the car. This is unheard of. The normal 10 minute drive to the vet feels like an eternity - good Lord, someone is torturing a cat in my back seat!! Not this day.

I felt this one too and know exactly what you mean. When I loaded up Tomás, he didn't even dig his claws into me, let alone fight me. Getting him into a carrier would always result in me torn up and covered in blood. He hated that thing so much. It took no effort to get him in there last Monday.

I'm thinking of getting one of those digital picture frames to put next to Tomás' ashes. When my ex's father's dog died, I got him one and pre-loaded it with about a hundred photos of Koda. You see a new picture of her every 30 seconds (or whatever interval you set) or so. How are you finding the adoption process? I'm surprised how rigorous it is here. I went to four shelters on Saturday, and I couldn't even get through the front door with having already submitted an application and been pre-approved.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 06:15:47 AM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: February 14, 2022, 09:45:51 AM »
Oh man this thread is very sad.  Sorry for your losses as well.  Been thinking about this a bit lately when I'm playing with my cat.  It really saddens me to know one day I will be in the same position.   :heart

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #405 on: February 14, 2022, 01:29:40 PM »
I have 5 cats.  :omg:

We had 2. Then when the kids were about 8, we thought they would enjoy having kittens, so got 2 more. The first 2 died, and so we got another. (all from the humane society).
Then my developed severe depression, so we started fostering kittens! If you are having a bad day, kittens always make you feel better. We have fostered for several years now.

Another one of our cats died, so then we adopted 2 of our foster kittens! :biggrin:.  Then I had to quarrantine with a single kitten we were fostering. The bond became too strong. She literally sleeps under the covers all the way down by my feet. I kept her too.

5 is really more than enough.  But I love them! I don't plan to replace any more and have been fostering less.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #406 on: February 14, 2022, 01:33:19 PM »

We had 2. Then when the kids were about 8, we thought they would enjoy having kittens, so got 2 more. The first 2 died, and so we got another. (all from the humane society).
Then my developed severe depression, so we started fostering kittens! If you are having a bad day, kittens always make you feel better. We have fostered for several years now.

Another one of our cats died, so then we adopted 2 of our foster kittens! :biggrin:.  Then I had to quarrantine with a single kitten we were fostering. The bond became too strong. She literally sleeps under the covers all the way down by my feet. I kept her too.

5 is really more than enough.  But I love them! I don't plan to replace any more and have been fostering less.

How does the litter situation work with that many cats? Are they super territorial? Do they each need their own box?

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #407 on: February 14, 2022, 02:24:40 PM »

How does the litter situation work with that many cats? Are they super territorial? Do they each need their own box?

It is recommended to have 1 box for each plus 1. I just have 5 though. I don't think they are territorial, but some may prefer one over another due to location in the house or the size, or a couple have lids. One is territorial because he thinks he is king.  Mort is his name. He was spraying I think because of other cats. So the vet had me put him on prozac and it works. Just a bit of a pain though. He is cuddly, social and weird  - so a good cat!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2022, 06:06:20 AM »
Thanks  :tup

How often does everyone bring their cats to the vet? Is it with the same regularity as a dog? I've been denied by two shelters already for not having enough wellness checks for Tomás. I'd bring him every 2-3 years, and he didn't get one during Covid because of the restrictions on people being able to go in the building with their animals.

They also didn't like that he wasn't up to date on vaccines. I guess that's a miss on my part. He was strictly an indoor cat with no other cats in the house. Vaccines never really crossed my mind. They make sense for the dog because he's out in nature and sees other dogs multiple times a week, sharing water bowls and whatnot.

Offline Beavis

« Reply #409 on: February 15, 2022, 07:41:55 AM »
Cat adoption papers - WTF?! I filled out less paperwork when I bought my truck!!

I've been watching Petfinder for a little over a week and yeah, for 99% of the cats I've seen, you can't find out ANYTHING about them until you fill out an application. And the ones I've filled out have all been 7-8 pages long!

Filled one out last week on Friday afternoon for a a gal named Nova, have not heard back from the rescue organization. Was looking yesterday and came across a really adorable kitten named Ted, so I filled out an application. Less than 5 minutes after clicking "submit", my phone rang. It was the cat's foster mom and she told me that she'd just listed him that morning and he was gone. BUT, Ted had a twin brother named Charles that she had just taken to the pet store that morning and she had 3 applications for him. Apparently she liked my application because she told me if I wanted him, we'd need to move quickly. She told me which store he was at and that she'd call them to let them know I was coming to visit him. Ten minutes after hanging up, I was headed out the door to meet the little guy.

He's between 8-9 months old and he came from Texas with 3 siblings, 2 brothers and a sister. Apparently, in their home, the male human of the house murdered the human female of the house. The cats were sent to a "high kill" facility, someone noticed the strong Maine Coon traits and saved them. Got there, picked him up and he let me hold him for a good 3-4 minutes before getting fidgety. At one point I was rubbing his ears and neck, I know he was nervous because I could feel him shaking, but I could also hear the purring and he was definitely making biscuits on my arm. Left the store, called the foster mom, so we're meeting at noon today and there will be a fluffy new kitty in the house this afternoon. We are still hoping to hear from the agency about Nova, she's about the same age as Charles, we've never had 2 cats and we've been thinking it might be a good idea to have a pair.

As far as vet visits, shots, etc., it's an annual thing. Our vet always sent a reminder notice or an email that he was due for his exam and to call the office to schedule it. A couple of the shots are annual, thinking Rabies is one of them. There is one that's optional and really only necessary if the cat has contact with other cats.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: February 15, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
I haven't gone to the shelter since I adopted my cat, and before that I had previously adopted 4 other cats from the same shelter.  I don't recall ever being asked about my previous cats health and how I took care of them.  With so many cats in shelters, you'd think they'd want to give them to people who want them.  I can understand if the demand is higher than supply to get picky though. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: February 15, 2022, 01:58:52 PM »
How often does everyone bring their cats to the vet?

We always took Maggie once per year, unless there was a specific vaccination that required more frequent trips.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »
Calling all cat lovers who are on IG - if you haven't already followed KittenXLady and her husband Iamthecatphotographer

They are cat/kitten rescuers and post unbelievably incredible videos and photos of their cats and kittens.  And sometimes puppies and pigs and other critters too.

I'm head over heels in love with their rescue to adoption boy Fergie who has a life threatening condition that they are managing.  He was never expected to live more than a few months and he is absolutely amazing.  :heart

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #413 on: February 15, 2022, 07:06:08 PM »
I follow Tabby Tails Cat Rescue out of Ohio. Person who runs it takes all the euthanasia list cats she can. She just bought an old school and is converting it into a shelter/rescue. I want to visit to just sit in the cats rooms to be in cat heaven lol

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »
Calling all cat lovers who are on IG - if you haven't already followed KittenXLady and her husband Iamthecatphotographer

They are cat/kitten rescuers and post unbelievably incredible videos and photos of their cats and kittens.  And sometimes puppies and pigs and other critters too.

I'm head over heels in love with their rescue to adoption boy Fergie who has a life threatening condition that they are managing.  He was never expected to live more than a few months and he is absolutely amazing.  :heart

Love Fergie!

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2022, 02:35:59 PM »
Weird. We walked into the Humane Society and came out with Aya that night. I would have figured with so many shelter animals needing homes they'd be shoving them into peoples hands. Maybe different rules . (We are in Ontario Canada)

edit: what cram said.  :)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2022, 03:17:28 PM »
Our two cats are from the local shelter.  To be honest, we didn't consider any other option.  It wasn't really a matter of "doing the right thing" or anything, at least for me.  I just figured that getting a pet from a pet store costs money because it's a store and you're buying it, whereas an animal shelter is looking to rehome lost or abandoned pets, so naturally the costs would be lower.  Either way, they'd have to have all their shots and we'd get all the paperwork, so it was a no-brainer for me.  Mrs. Orbert likes the idea of "rescuing" animals, so that was her reason.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2022, 11:01:07 AM »
I ended up picking up a new friend over the weekend. His name was Bobby on paper, but after three days, I'm not feeling it. I'm leaning toward Rufus. I don't know what my problem was, but I swear when I was looking at the cat in the shelter, he didn't make me think of Tomás once. Didn't even cross my mind. Now that he's home and in my house, he looks eerily similar to my old friend. There are some obvious differences, but it's still kind of weird.

He's cool though. Super shy and hasn't explored anywhere beyond the sun porch yet, but he'll get there. He's six months and was in the shelter for two of those. He's super timid, but I've gotten him to take treats out of my hand and he's stopped flinching every time I try to pet him. I took him home because the lady at the shelter said "Let's look at Bobby" and put him on my lap. The cat put its chin on the back of my hand, purred real hard, and then immediately fell asleep. I couldn't not take him at that point.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2022, 04:53:35 PM »
Welcome Rufus!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: February 22, 2022, 08:11:09 AM »
aww what a cutie