Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95447 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2015, 02:37:34 AM »
I liked the episode, lots of intense stuff happening. There were things I didn't like as well, but they were outnumbered by the things I did like.

And, wasn't Morgan with Rick when the horn went off? Why is it that only him returned and not anyone else?

also, It seemed like that Enid chic tried to admit something to Carl while they were alone....when she said Alexandria was to big to defend....then she said "that's how we...." and Carl cuts her off. So, is SHE a Wolf as well? She's always had that 'questionable' aura about her....she could be?

That bothered me. A real person would have heard that, and wouldn't have cut her off at the exact moment to make it more dramatic for an unseen audience.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2015, 03:58:13 AM »
So is it confirmed that Morgan killed the dude at the end or not? I take it he did.

Either way, that ending was really nicely done because you both want Morgan to have killed him, to prove he's not the new Tyreese (in the sense that as much as I loved Tyreese, he was a liability to the group), that he can cross a certain threshold, and he can actually take a life; but I'd also like Morgan not to have killed him, so they will have at least someone to interrogate, because thanks to Carol's complete other end of the scale levels of ruthlessness, they have no-one.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2015, 06:37:35 AM »
Great episode. Carol has turned into one of the most interesting characters on the show. It looks like most of the town has been chopped to pieces and now they half a walker horde heading their way. Should be another action packed episode next week.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2015, 07:17:07 AM »
I wouldn't say that Carol is really "interesting", but she's definetely really cool, and last night's episode might have been the coolest she's ever been.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2015, 08:01:21 AM »
Maybe interesting was the wrong word. Maybe "most evolved" character is better. But that is why I find her interesting. She was an afterthought in the first couple of seasons and went from being an abused wife to ruthless killer. She is female Rick of the group.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2015, 08:47:33 AM »
. She is female Rick of the group.

I think that with the way things are going with Carol's character I wouldn't be surprised to see her become the Leader of the colony at the Hill rather than Maggie.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
I think it was clear that Morgan killed the wolf dude, especially as he said "sorry" since he was generally against killing people.

The symbolism of Carol, who suddenly had discovered a bit of humanity at outwardly mourning the loss of life, passing Morgan, who had suddenly discovered the need to end life, and passing each other in opposite directions was both a literal and metaphoric illustration of how these characters are actively evolving.  The place that Carol just came from - mentally - is where Morgan is starting to head now.  I thought it was awesome.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
I think it was clear that Morgan killed the wolf dude, especially as he said "sorry" since he was generally against killing people.

The symbolism of Carol, who suddenly had discovered a bit of humanity at outwardly mourning the loss of life, passing Morgan, who had suddenly discovered the need to end life, and passing each other in opposite directions was both a literal and metaphoric illustration of how these characters are actively evolving.  The place that Carol just came from - mentally - is where Morgan is starting to head now.  I thought it was awesome.

I think he killed him also. I think he realized he had to....especially after watching the guys he let go stop and grab a gun (which will probably come back to hurt/kill someone...maybe him?) I think you can see that since he's been in the group he's been battling the 'reality' of the situation. When he was alone it was easy to 'live and let live'. but now, he's even admitted that he knows what has to be done and that it's necessary....he just doesn't like it.

And you're right. That whole closing scene was very well done with the way Morgan and Carol are 'sharing' their moral maturation or growth or whatever you want to call it. Because either way you look at it....they are each realizing the other 'has a point' and they are having to deal with it.....

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Operation: Slothcrime
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2015, 01:18:27 PM »
Apparently episode 4 this season will also be 90 minutes. Odd placement for another extended episode if it's true.
Maybe a Morgan backstory episode?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2015, 01:27:02 PM »
Apparently episode 4 this season will also be 90 minutes. Odd placement for another extended episode if it's true.
Maybe a Morgan backstory episode?

If they continue to be as killer as the first two they should ALL be 90 minutes!!!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm just wondering who the cheese maker is.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »
And, wasn't Morgan with Rick when the horn went off? Why is it that only him returned and not anyone else?

This was/is bugging me a bit also. I hope they address the delay in the rest of the group arriving in next weeks episode or I'll consider it a huge miss or plot hole (I doubt they let it go and not address it...it's too big an issue to overlook) My suspicion is that Rick sent Morgan to get there ASAP and the rest of them either were going to try and draw them away again somehow or got trapped/separated somehow.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2015, 03:18:32 PM »
I thought Rick told Morgan to go back as soon as the horn started, but who knows how far away they were at that point.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
Rick told him to go back shortly after killing Carter(?), before the horn had even started. He stood about looking surly next to Michonne for a sec, then presumably left. We don't know exactly how much time passed between that and the horn going off, i.e., how far behind Rick and co. were, but the attack was only an hour or something total, and they're gonna have their work cut out for them trying to stop the walkers.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2015, 04:07:20 PM »
Did anyone else think that Morgan was going to get shot by the chic that Carol left in the armory? When he entered that house at the end it looked like the armory home....and I thought that he was going to get in front of that door...knock or open it and she was going to unload on him.

Also, I think now that Rick's GF has had to brutally murder someone like that.....she's going to get over the 'weirdness' that was there after he killed her husband and they will be shagging in another three or four episodes.

Does Carol go back to being 'Susy Homemaker' personality or has that served it's purpose? I guess with a lot of Alexandrianties being offed it really doesn't matter now. She's revealed to the survivors that she's a bada$$

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2015, 06:48:28 PM »
Don't trust Enid or Meathead Jr. one bit.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »

Enid I can see. There's a really good chance that she's a spy......not necessarily the Wolves per say......but she did get caught off when telling Carl the town was weak..."that's how we...."  That was a pretty big clue that there's more to the story with her.

Who's meathead Jr. Deannas son?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2015, 11:53:05 PM »
I thought the same about Enid. I'm pretty sure the confirmation came whenever Aaron saw the bag of with the pictures of the place in it, the 'JSS' mantra, her being so completely calm when opening the door to Carl's home (there's a difference in her being calm because she's seen some shit...and knowing that she's safe; that amount of not giving a shit on her face when Carl opened the door makes me think she knows she is safe), along with what's already been discussed. Them having that line cut off is more than likely the writer's attempting to have people discuss and wonder (same for Morgan's 'kill' and the quick edit away); but at this point I think it's both pretty obvious as well as a great decision to make her character even more interesting. I'd love it if it were true. Also the opening sequence alludes to as much with her spending so much time out on her own as well as being so mentally destroyed and having to do whatever it takes to survive.

Really great episode though. I found myself thinking "Ohhh Morgan..." and shaking my head until that final scene. He's a badass but the sparing of lives was becoming annoying...then finally that ending sequence came and I was glad he wasn't going to let that monk-like morality and righteousness turn him into a fool. That is...if he killed him. That is when those abrupt cuts of editing get to me. I really liked them in the beginning with Enid because we knew that she killed the walkers (and it wasn't hinging on the story), it just made for a more interesting direction and cinematography, especially when at this point in the show we've seen it ten times over. But when it's meant strictly to be a veil and an attempt to fool, it's a bit annoying. Kind of like the end scene to last season with Rick killing Porch Dick. In fact it's the exact same... We're all pretty sure he's dead, and most are totally sure (it's just bit less in this case given Morgan's propensity for mercy as well as the fact that he had a stick, not a gun), but that sliver of wonder isn't so much a mystery as it is a thorn in my side.

However, I think the kicker and subsequent confirmation is the last beautiful shot, which leads me to believe Morgan finally killed. Again though, because of that editing, it's a back and forth of...well...maybe not. We'll see! I think and hope he did. There's a balance that needs to be struck and before he was on the other end of evil and now he's on the far end of zen...he needs to sit right in the middle where Carol pretty much is.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2015, 03:31:52 AM »

Enid I can see. There's a really good chance that she's a spy......not necessarily the Wolves per say......but she did get caught off when telling Carl the town was weak..."that's how we...."  That was a pretty big clue that there's more to the story with her.

Who's meathead Jr. Deannas son?

Pete's son.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:45 AM »
I think he killed him also. I think he realized he had to....especially after watching the guys he let go stop and grab a gun (which will probably come back to hurt/kill someone...maybe him?)

Idk. I don't think there's a bullet in that gun with Morgan's name on it. Someone in Rick's group is toast. As they are still running toward Alexandria and those few Wolves are fleeing. Morgan is going to learn the really hard way that he should have not let those people leave. I think Glenn is going to get shot. He's going to get back to Alexandria half dead. The semi-surgeon won't fail this time and save him.

As for my thoughts on the episode. I thought it was great. I really don't trust turtle eater. I wouldn't say she's a wolf, but I think her actions outside the walls will have bad consequences for those left at Alexandria. Anyone else notice the link between the 'JSS' she was writing on everything and the 'Just Survive Somehow' note she left Carl?

- Carol. Wow. Totally badass and awesome. If I was a girl, her wardrobe last night would be this year's Halloween costume for sure. So much darkness and humility at the same time.

- Do we know the whereabouts of Judith?

- I thought the semi truck in the beginning was going to be one of those traps from last season. I didn't expect to see so few walkers this episode.

- I thought a lot of the dialog from the doctor was pretty lame.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:19:58 AM by Chino »

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2015, 06:34:03 AM »
I think he killed him also. I think he realized he had to....especially after watching the guys he let go stop and grab a gun (which will probably come back to hurt/kill someone...maybe him?)

Idk. I don't think there's a bullet in that gun with Morgan's name on it. Someone in Rick's group is toast. As they are still running toward Alexandria and those few Wolves are fleeing. Morgan is going to learn the really hard way that he should have not let those people leave. I think Glenn is going to get shot. He's going to get back to Alexandria half dead. The semi-surgeon won't fail this time and save him.

As for my thoughts on the episode. I thought it was great. I really don't trust turtle eater. I wouldn't say she's a wolf, but I think her actions outside the walls will have bad consequences for those left at Alexandria. Anyone else notice the link between the 'JSS' she was writing on everything and the 'Just Survive Somehow' note she left Carl?

- Carol. Wow. Totally badass and awesome. If I was a girl, her wardrobe last night would be this year's Halloween costume for sure. So much darkness and humility at the same time.

- I thought the semi truck in the beginning was going to be one of those traps from last season. I didn't expect to see so few walkers this episode.

Carl had Judith in the house he was protecting.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2015, 06:46:22 AM »

Carl had Judith in the house he was protecting.

Yeah, but then turtle eater disappeared unexpectedly and didn't Carl leave the house?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2015, 07:36:17 AM »
I think he just stepped outside so she should have been ok alone for a few minutes.

My one gripe with the season so far is Ron. It seems like in every show I watch there is an annoying kid/teenager. I hope carl ends up shooting him.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2015, 07:38:08 AM »
I think he just stepped outside so she should have been ok alone for a few minutes.

My one gripe with the season so far is Ron. It seems like in every show I watch there is an annoying kid/teenager. I hope carl ends up shooting him.

Carl offered to protect him and he declined. My money is on him getting torn limb from limb. His mom is going to die too me thinks. His younger brother will survive in the closet and Carol will assume the motherly role for him.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2015, 08:47:46 AM »
Anyone else notice the link between the 'JSS' she was writing on everything and the 'Just Survive Somehow' note she left Carl?
Great work, detective.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2015, 10:21:27 AM »

I don't know, I liked her well enough. She was very human, and understandable in her actions and dialogue.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »
Finally got around to watching episode 2

-Morgan took that Wolf prisoner. They'd be stupid not to take one. Next week's episode looks like it will focus on the group outside the walls dealing with the mega horde. I think episode 4(Supposedly another 90 minute episode) will feature them interrogating the Alpha Wolf as well as Morgan's backstory.

-Carol totally looked like the Merchant from Resident Evil 4. "Not enough cash! Strangah...."

-Enid's up to something. I don't think she's involved with the Wolves, but I believe 100% that she took that gun that Rick hid in the woods last season and she and that gun will definitely come back into play this season.

-Minor complaint: I'm surprised they immediately killed off Holly. She played a MUCH bigger role in the comics, but she got reduced to a silent, minor background character for the show...Oh well.

-Who is the "cheesemaker" that Morgan mentioned?

-Still hate Gabriel, but I'm glad he's at least trying to not be a piece of shit this season.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:16:20 AM by Metropolaris »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
Speaking of Gabriel and guns, he's now holding two pieces and has no idea what he's doing.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »
-Enid's up to something. I don't think she's involved with the Wolves, but I believe 100% that she took that gun that Rick hid in the woods last season and she and that gun will definitely come back into play this season.
Pretty sure they already revealed that to have been Nicholas during last season.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »
My bad, you're right.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
-Carol totally looked like the Merchant from Resident Evil 4. "Not enough cash! Strangah...."

:rollin Oh my fucking dog, yes! That's awesome, she totally did.

I don't know, I liked her well enough. She was very human, and understandable in her actions and dialogue.

Another yes. I've seen her in a couple TV shows before in small roles like this and have liked her every time and I like her in this as well. 'Human' is a great word to describe her as; nothing felt forced, cheesy or unrealistic. She was put in a shitty situation and did the best she could despite knowing she'd fail.

annnd...

Anyone else notice the link between the 'JSS' she was writing on everything and the 'Just Survive Somehow' note she left Carl?
Great work, detective.

:rollin Pretty sure a blind man would've noticed that one, Chino. It's kind of like..."Anyone notice there's dead, cannibalistic people walking around in this show?"  :lol I'm just givin' ya shit, dooder. That honestly made me crack up just for the notion of it though, not at you.

RIP DTP.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
-Morgan took that Wolf prisoner. They'd be stupid not to take one.

I don't know? That whole episode seemed set up for both Carol and Morgan to 'come off' of their staunch positions a bit and realize that it's not one way or the other....that there has to be some type of middle ground.

-Enid's up to something. I don't think she's involved with the Wolves

What are the odds she's spying for the Savior's?? That's really the only other option....or she was/is a Wolf that was sent in to spy? Either way, she seemed a bit to comfortable knowing she was 'OK' when all the shots were being fired and people getting hacked up.

-Who is the "cheesemaker" that Morgan mentioned?

It's been communicated that Morgan does get a 'stand alone' episode this season.....I'm sure the cheese maker will be revealed and explained then.

-Still hate Gabriel, but I'm glad he's at least trying to not be a piece of shit this season.

He's trying to behave because he knows TWD has a (1) Black Man policy for main cast so he and Morgan are now battling it out to see who the winning black man will be.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
Did anyone else think that Morgan was going to get shot by the chic that Carol left in the armory? When he entered that house at the end it looked like the armory home....and I thought that he was going to get in front of that door...knock or open it and she was going to unload on him.
Yea I thought the exact same thing!  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the last episode, but I couldn't help but feel that fear about TWD (no pun intended) with such an action heavy episode, I just feel like we'll get 2 or 3 cheap, boring and uneventful episodes to compensate for it. E2 did what TWD does really well, and I just fear that as a result of all the action, blood and gore, we'll get a really dry drama episode about some character we don't care about.

You also gotta applaud the writers for turning Morgan from a fan favorite into the new Andrea in just two episodes. You can make just about any TWD character annoying as hell if you give them the character trait of a pacifist. "Violence won't solve anything, let's put down our weapons and talk it out"

Carol was definitely the highlight of the episode and really elevated it from being a standard TWD episode to being a good one. I also liked that Jessie went berserker mode with the scissors. I don't expect everyone to be a killing machine, but we're now 6 seasons into the zombie apocalypse, and it really grinds my gears when characters like Morgan STILL think that a non-violent approach is gonna get you anywhere.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »
Well...comparing Morgan to Andrea is just about the overstatement of the year, but I know what you mean and it was a little bit annoying, especially with guys as utterly fucked in the head and hell-bent on killing as the Wolves... Even so, I'm pretty sure Morgan isn't going to fuck the supremely evil, manipulative, deranged big-bad-woman of the show and then try to get the two groups to fall in love and circle jerk each other into a supreme land of happiness where farts become stars (or y'know, whatever the fuckin' hell that dumb bitch was trying to do  :lol ).

But yes, I absolutely share the fear of getting some throwaway episodes on account of these (no doubt) higher production, more expensive set piece episodes. I'm pretty sure of it now but I'm just hoping it'll still be story-centric or at least focused on Morgan's past...something interesting. I mean, you really cannot blame them at all for having to have the slower and less expensive episodes, it's sad that it's that way but it is, they can't use up all of AMC's money. It's just how they use it that's going to make or break.

RIP DTP.