Rick
1 (4.5%)
Carl
0 (0%)
Daryl
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 29, 2016, 10:46:01 AM

Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion  (Read 95672 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - Season 6 - Full Discussion
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2015, 06:24:19 PM »
You know, looking through the WD Twitter and Facebook nobody has ever officially said that he's dead. Not even the other cast members. They just keep referring to THAT scene.
But not a single "RIP Glenn" post or anything. Heck, most of the cast haven't said ANYTHING regarding the "death". Not even Michael Traynor(Nicholas)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:25:26 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: October 30, 2015, 05:43:27 AM »
Ya know, if they acted like this was a legit death then I think people would have more arguments about his fate.  On first watch it for sure looked like his death, if the show acted like he died then I think people would be less likely to dissect every little detail like we have done here.

Im guessing that's why the PR people did what they did, they knew it wasnt a true death so lets get everyone to think there is one so they watch.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2015, 05:50:49 AM »
I think the opposite is true. The PR people knew exactly what they were doing. I'd say the vast majority, like 98% or TWD fans, believe Glenn is alive. The discussion isn't about if, but how. That scene was designed with the sole intention of generating two weeks worth of debate, speculation, and free advertising for the show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2015, 06:04:40 AM »
As I wrote that I was thinking to myself, I think I can argue the opposite of what I am saying  :lol  While we may have blasted the PR team for alerting the fans about a death, it actually may have worked big time for them.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
As I wrote that I was thinking to myself, I think I can argue the opposite of what I am saying  :lol  While we may have blasted the PR team for alerting the fans about a death, it actually may have worked big time for them.

It absolutely worked....and "we" are ticked that such a rudimentary ploy has cast it's magic spell on us  :lol

You know, looking through the WD Twitter and Facebook nobody has ever officially said that he's dead.

I think you know the answer       "because he's not dead"
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2015, 07:28:22 AM »
I think it would be funny to have him survive only die in the next episode.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2015, 07:29:37 AM »

Like he gets under the dumpster only to be bit in the leg while chilling down there  :lol

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »

Like he gets under the dumpster only to be bit in the leg while chilling down there  :lol

He emerges from under the dumpster, and as soon as he stands up, he takes a bullet right between the eyes from the wolf that escaped with the gun.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »

He emerges from under the dumpster, and as soon as he stands up, he takes a bullet right between the eyes from the wolf that escaped with the gun.

That actually seems plausible.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2015, 07:34:46 AM »

That actually seems plausible.

They have to encounter someone. Michonne and crew already made it back. Glenn and Rick are the only two still heading back toward Alexandria, right? Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham are still heading the other direction.

Were the people who attacked Rick in the RV wolves?

Online faizoff

« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2015, 08:42:29 AM »
Yes they were the wolves that Morgan let go from the previous episode and one of them picked up a gun on the way out.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2015, 08:44:05 AM »
Yes they were the wolves that Morgan let go from the previous episode and one of them picked up a gun on the way out.

Are you saying Rick killed the guy with the gun that Morgan let escape?  That's kind of important and I did not make that connection while watching.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
Yes he did.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #293 on: October 30, 2015, 08:53:24 AM »
Wow really? That went completely over my head.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: October 30, 2015, 09:02:56 AM »
Totally lost in the is Glenn Dead discussion.  That kind of makes the whole "Morgan let them go and it'll bite him in the ass later" idea moot, well not completely as someone else may find that gun, but it takes away from the thought that Morgan might change his view if he knew someone was killed with that gun.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #295 on: October 30, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
That Rick killed the Wolf with the gun was pretty obvious to me.

well not completely as someone else may find that gun

It's in the RV with Rick, the Wolf guy came in shooting at Rick withg it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #296 on: October 30, 2015, 10:02:17 AM »
Zombies will surround the RV. Rick kills himself with the gun that the wolf escaped with. Glenn makes it out alive. No one will see it coming.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: October 30, 2015, 10:05:18 AM »
Zombies will surround the RV. Rick kills himself with the gun that the wolf escaped with. Glenn makes it out alive. No one will see it coming.

Accept for us, you spoiled it!  That would be a ballsy move and I would enjoy it.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: October 30, 2015, 10:08:39 AM »
Plot twist: Dale lives and shows up at the last moment to fix the RV

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #299 on: October 30, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
can you imagine Dale on the show with the group at this point?  How many times would we see this face?

Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »
Totally lost in the is Glenn Dead discussion.  That kind of makes the whole "Morgan let them go and it'll bite him in the ass later" idea moot, well not completely as someone else may find that gun, but it takes away from the thought that Morgan might change his view if he knew someone was killed with that gun.

Well....those shots fired from that gun incapacitated the RV....can't remember how many rounds it was but they went through the dashboard and now the RV won't start. Not that Rick will ever say that to Morgan for him to know that.....but the gun did have a negative impact on a situation.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »
I'm glad you pointed that out. That makes a lot of sense. All this time I was thinking how coincidental/lame it was that the RV just suddenly didn't start. At least now there's a legitimate reason that also ties in with the story.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
Just got renewed for Season 7. No surprise there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2015, 01:05:33 PM »

Im more surprised it took that long to renew, this is a cash cow for AMC so you know they want it to keep going.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

I read an article online (I'll try to find it later) where Gimple and Kirkman said that just based off of what was written already in the comic that they had a rough outline in place where the show was at least in to (12) Seasons. Considering there's still "A Larger World", "Something To Fear", "What Comes After", "March To War" "All Out War – Part One", "All Out War – Part Two", "A New Beginning", "Whispers Into Screams" and "Life And Death" to Cover. Of which, If the show does eventually get cancelled I hope...hope....hope...., pretty please with sugar on top that it is AFTER the "Something to Fear" / "March to....All out War" arcs. Those have the potential to just be utterly incredible. I'm guessing this season ends right about the start of "Something to Fear"

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »

I read an article online (I'll try to find it later) where Gimple and Kirkman said that just based off of what was written already in the comic that they had a rough outline in place where the show was at least in to (12) Seasons. Considering there's still "A Larger World", "Something To Fear", "What Comes After", "March To War" "All Out War – Part One", "All Out War – Part Two", "A New Beginning", "Whispers Into Screams" and "Life And Death" to Cover. Of which, If the show does eventually get cancelled I hope...hope....hope...., pretty please with sugar on top that it is AFTER the "Something to Fear" / "March to....All out War" arcs. Those have the potential to just be utterly incredible. I'm guessing this season ends right about the start of "Something to Fear"

I'd expect the first half of this season to end with a combination of the Wolves and the Horde attacking Alexandria. Morgan, Jessie, Ron, and others die. Carl gets shot in the eye.
Episode 9 will be the aftermath of the attack and they'll probably introduce Jesus in episode 10 or 11. Then the Hilltop colony in 13.
The finale introduces Negan/Lucille
1st half of S7 is "What Comes After" + "March to War", Second half is "All Out War"

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »

I'd expect the first half of this season to end with a combination of the Wolves and the Horde attacking Alexandria. Morgan, Jessie, Ron, and others die. Carl gets shot in the eye.
Episode 9 will be the aftermath of the attack and they'll probably introduce Jesus in episode 10 or 11. Then the Hilltop colony in 13.
The finale introduces Negan/Lucille
1st half of S7 is "What Comes After" + "March to War", Second half is "All Out War"

I like the idea and it 'sounds' like it'd work....I'm just curious as to what TWD producers/AMC are wanting to do because I think there is the potential to stretch it out a bit here and there. But, IF Season 6 unfolds the way you say and Season 7 holds to what you've laid out.....WOW....what a couple of seasons that would be!! I mean honestly....this point in the story has so many things happening so quickly there really isn't a breath until "A New Beginning"....which would potentially be mid season 8 or beginning of 9. I think the "All Out War" arc could easily be a years worth of shows.....

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2015, 03:39:49 PM »
If anybody here is curious about reading the comics, every issue up to the most current one(#147) is free to read online here:
https://www.hellocomic.com/issue/search?q=walking+dead&page=1&per-page=15

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #308 on: October 30, 2015, 05:04:47 PM »
Whoa! That's awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to expand the story in a (in my opinion) much more concise, consistent and overall far better fashion especially in regards to simply telling a story (P.S. The artwork gets much better than it is in the beginning). It's especially entrancing when binged. I've re-read the series countless times by now and I still catch thing that are more nuanced and alluded to. Really fantastic stuff. That's incredible they have it all, if however brief. If you've got time on your hands or are bored, it'll suck you right in.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: October 30, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Well, every issue except 63 apparently
https://www.hellocomic.com/the-walking-dead/c63/p1
Go to page 2

:justjen
#AllRoadsLeadBackToDT
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:45:34 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #310 on: October 30, 2015, 05:56:53 PM »
Whoa! What the fuck? Hahaha that's awesome! And simultaneously not awesome.

I remember that being my sig here for the longest time.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »
Any predictions for tonight?
Tonight's the Morgan backstory episode, so I would assume that any deaths will be new characters.
I don't expect a resolution to the Glenn situation.
I expect we'll meet the "Cheesemaker".

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2015, 06:27:20 PM »
Any predictions for tonight?
Tonight's the Morgan backstory episode, so I would assume that any deaths will be new characters.
I don't expect a resolution to the Glenn situation.
I expect we'll meet the "Cheesemaker".

Certainly we will meet the Cheesemaker.....it's almost a must so that we can see the Genesis of the "Morgan Transformation". However, I think it'll only be an hour dedicated to the Morgan backstory and a half hour back in 'real time'. I'd be surprised if they had the whole Glenn thing get resolved tonight....but, I don't think the whole episode will be backstory.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2015, 08:46:34 PM »
Ok episode tonight. Pretty much what I expected. Morgan's "code" is definitely going to be his downfall, and I've got a feeling it will be at the hands(or teeth) of that Wolf.
Speaking of that, when did he get bit? There didn't appear to be any walkers inside Alexandria during the assault. Did he decide to get bitten and then join the attack?
John Carroll Lynch was great. RIP Tabitha the goat.
When they showed the cabin, I first thought it was the same cabin from S4E7 that the Governor and company checked out. I'm still very curious about what the hell happened there and with the other campsite from that episode.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
Ok episode tonight. Pretty much what I expected. Morgan's "code" is definitely going to be his downfall, and I've got a feeling it will be at the hands(or teeth) of that Wolf.
Speaking of that, when did he get bit? There didn't appear to be any walkers inside Alexandria during the assault. Did he decide to get bitten and then join the attack?
John Carroll Lynch was great. RIP Tabitha the goat.
When they showed the cabin, I first thought it was the same cabin from S4E7 that the Governor and company checked out. I'm still very curious about what the hell happened there and with the other campsite from that episode.

I don't think that was a bite on that Wolf dude. it looked more like a deep cut.

And, I think you're right....that dude might just kill Morgan or force him to break his code. Either way, in the wake of those first three episodes this was definitely a 'break' of sorts. And being that that backstory wasn't really in the comic it truly was a break from the 'cannon'.

I'm really hoping that the whole Maggie going off on her own doesn't mean that's who finds Glenn alive. I'm as big a fan of the show as they come and cut these guys a bunch of slack when it comes to stuff because of how big a fan I consider myself....but if they pull that stunt it's going to sour my taste a bit. I just have a feeling that's where it's heading.