Author Topic: A visual tribute to The Count of Tuscany  (Read 1559 times)

Offline MirrorMask

A visual tribute to The Count of Tuscany
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:29:23 AM »
This is something I've done some time ago and I want to show it to you guys... I'm italian, and while not living in Tuscany I'm not so terribly far from it so more than once I've had the pleasure to visit one of the most beautiful, rich and diverse regions of Italy.

Those of you not familiar with Tuscany may still have a somehow warped idea from Petrucci's tale of The Count of Tuscany, hehe  :D anyway, last time I was there I thought to myself "Hey, would I be able to take photos of landscapes and sceneries fitting to the lyrics of the song?".... well, turns out I was!

So here on my Facebook photo page (Where I usually put photos I take at concerts) a visual tribute to The Count of Tuscany - pics taken by me around the region with the (at least to me) fitting part of the lyrics written over them... enjoy! (hope so at least!)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.633410806729735.1073741867.612493155488167&type=1
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
Re: A visual tribute to The Count of Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 04:55:37 AM »
That's really cool, great idea!

Offline krands85

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »
That's really cool, great idea!
This. Nice stuf!  :D
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 06:11:34 AM »
Cool, next time I listen to TCOT I'll scroll through these photo's, great stuff man.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline CoT67

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »
Nice! As a fellow italian and tuscan I can only say that the images fit beautifully with the lyrics and music. :tup

Everytime I ride along the hills in the florentine and sienese countryside I just feel the urge to play TCOT and hear that majestic intro... DT nailed the feeling with that one. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 09:53:51 AM by CoT67 »
People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.
Or that’s what they’ll make you think.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
Thanks for the appreciation guys!

Everytime I ride along the hills in the florentine and sienese countryside I just feel the urge to play TCOT and hear that majestic intro... DT nailed the feeling with that one.

The intro and especially the whole ending part would work beautifully at sunset... one day I want to calibrate the beginning of the song to have it end while the sun is setting and the landscape is just bathed in a beautiful light  :metal goosebumps guaranteed!  :hat

Anyway, credits for the pics:
- The first and last were taken in Florence (and the hills above it) actually more than a decade earlier
- All the rest of the pics were from my last trip in Tuscany a couple of years ago. The interior pics were all taken here: https://www.fattoriapulcino.it/
- The "saint" if I remember correctly is from Arezzo's cathedral
- The landscape shots are around Montepulciano and Chianciano

In case some people want to have some fun with Google Images  :coolio
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline paulstfu

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
Great pictures! One of my dreams is to travel to Europe, specifically to Italy, because of the beauty and the calm the country is famous for. And yeah, I want to know Tuscany and listen to the song being there.

BTW, I didn't know Mägo de Oz played in Italy. Amazing band, but nowadays line up doesn't compare to their classical lineup (1998-2010). Hope you had fun with those spanish folks!  ;)
Standing on the Wetbacks of angels (?)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 12:23:26 PM »
Definitely do so! I live in Europe but it wasn't until like 2 years ago that I really got to see some amazing cities (Venice, Florence, München), Florence beat them all, most beautiful city I have ever seen, and I doubt it gets better than this.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline CoT67

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
If anyone's interested, the "picturesque estate" mentioned by JP is actually Villa Calcinaia outside Greve in Chianti.
The website contains some photos and some brief but interesting information: https://www.conticapponi.it/
People in Tuscany are never going to lure you into their wine cellars and drown you in wine barrels, you know.
Or that’s what they’ll make you think.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:10:16 AM »
BTW, I didn't know Mägo de Oz played in Italy. Amazing band, but nowadays line up doesn't compare to their classical lineup (1998-2010). Hope you had fun with those spanish folks!  ;)

Yeah, I did... they played on their last 2 tours with the new singer, never saw them with the classic line-up so I can't compare, but I had a lot of fun!  :tup