Author Topic: Anyone know of any wilderness survival tours or classes in NY?  (Read 834 times)

Offline npiazza91

Anyone know of any wilderness survival tours or classes in NY?
« on: September 27, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
I'm really into this kind of thing, so over the upcoming winter break, I was thinking of taking a few days, maybe a week, off and going out into the field with survival experts that can give me both a great experience and some useful lessons on how to survive in the wild.  I was in the military and being out in the elements is the greatest feeling of all time, in my opinion.  The difference is, I want to learn wilderness survival in more of a mentor type setting where you can focus on surviving in the wild rather than in war.  I already looked some stuff up, but all I got was mainly programs and long term schools and such.  I just want to take a little vacation of sorts and get my hands dirty a little bit, also to get out for a bit, away from the stress of urban life.  Are there any short term survival lessons I can take that involves getting out there and getting a little bit of first hand experience?  I live in NY and do not mind going upstate, but anything further than 4 hours or so I'll probably pass on.  Just looking for something relatively close and interesting for a few days, hopefully not too expensive as well.

Thanks.