Author Topic: The Song Roulette Annual Championships Discussion Thread -JUDGE APPLICATION-  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Song Roulette Annual Championships Discussion Thread
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:19 AM »
Here to defend my title of grand champion.....

When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
So I've not been giving this much thought at all really, so not much has changed since draft #1. The only difference is that the secondary judges will recuse when they get a song they know well, rather than there being a penalty as I originally wrote. But anyone who was actually following the thread already knows that. :lol

One thing I have chosen to do differently however is judge selection. Originally I was going to think of who I'd like to judge and invite, but it would probably be a very time-consuming process as I'm sure some of my picks would not be all that interested. There is also the chance I could accidentally overlook viable candidates. I think it will be easier if I had a list of interested parties to choose from - Therefore, if you are interested in being a judge, send me a PM.

Here is a list of things you should know before applying, and some requirements expected of you.
  • The exact date that this roulette would begin is not set, but I would like it to begin some time in January. Most roulettes take about two months, but this one may go longer given the larger number of people involved (both participants and judges). Make sure you're going to be able to commit to this. If you are interested but have some special considerations during January (I.E. you wouldn't be able to start until after a specific date) let me know - it's my goal to start the roulette when it is convenient for all three judges. If you can't start until Feb but are still interested, throw me a PM and say so, I'm open to the possibility.
  • Experience. I feel only people who have run their own roulettes will know precisely what is expected of them here and the time required, therefore I will only be accepting applications from people who have run at least one roulette of their own.
  • Punctuality. Some people run slow roulettes. Really slow roulettes. If you often take several weeks between rounds, send me a PM if you like but be warned that you are far less likely to be chosen. I'll be going through the roulettes of any candidates and making note of this.
  • You will need a banned list. I don't expect you to have it when you submit an application to me obviously, but you will need to provide one later for use in this roulette. How you choose to handle artists you are only partially familiar with is at your discretion. However if you would like to recuse from judging a submission that isn't on your banned list the sender will be informed and given the option to change their submission - so don't sweat too much about having to ban a lot of things outright, you won't have to.

If any applicants feel like elaborating in their PM why they would be a good selection for one of the three positions feel free to do so, I will read and consider anything you say. This is however not required.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:54:31 AM by Bolsters »