Author Topic: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......GRAND FINAL RESULTS  (Read 69606 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 3 LISTENING
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
Cool............not a big deal for many it seems.  I will just give a ratings range and some general thoughts on the round after the first couple of listens and we'll leave further detail until the proper results.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2015, 09:10:57 PM »
That sounds cool enough for me.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #388 on: September 25, 2015, 01:05:41 AM »
Maybe for fun, you can just give us an advanced preview of the additions in the banned artist list.  :rollin

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2015, 01:27:42 AM »
I'm not fussed.

Maybe it keeps the thread alive whilst the listening goes on I guess. I don't mind either way.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2015, 01:34:20 AM »
See how we go - I'll post something on the weekend after a couple of listens and if i think there are some quotes from draft reviews that might create some uncertainty as to whose song they might be about then I'll post them as a tease............Evermind style.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2015, 01:03:09 AM »
No write ups to sample from as yet but I have some rough marks and the songs ranked and I think we're looking at a round that's better than Rd 2 but not as good as Rd 1.

Rankings likely to be in the range of 5.5/6 to 9/9.5 , so nothing sub 5 this time around.  :angel:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 01:10:25 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
5? Bloody hell, I'm nervous.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »

yikes, Brent is getting serious

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2015, 05:45:23 PM »

That means some suckah scored lower than Blondie!! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #395 on: September 27, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »
That'll be me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2015, 03:49:34 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #397 on: September 27, 2015, 05:07:48 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2015, 05:17:07 AM »
Lots of confidence going on in this thread.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2015, 05:36:13 AM »
That'll be me.
I wouldn't be so sure.
Brent isn't using the same rank scoring you are. We could both be getting 5!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »
Even if I get 5 (which I really doubt), I've got two great rounds already, so I can allow myself a slip or two.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »
Some short selections from draft comments (not everyone could be covered without giving it away) ............still aiming for final results Monday night.   See if anyone guesses

"If I had rated this after the first 30 seconds then you could perhaps cut your score in half"

"So a solid rock song that would’ve been rated lower but for the fact that it (unusually) connected with me in a way that my favourite band of all time does."

"I am no Pink Floyd expert but I felt like there was plenty of Floydian influence in some of the melodies too."

"This song is perfectly serviceable prog metal but doesn’t really bring any highlights to the table for me."

"there is enough good prog metal stuff in there to suggest this band has a song that will impress me more than this one does.  So I will check out the relevant album"

" So I spent a number of days preparing my ears for the torture and in the end I was pleasantly surprised"

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
I don't think any of those are about mine.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2015, 08:30:13 AM »
Mine is in there.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
"I am no Pink Floyd expert but I felt like there was plenty of Floydian influence in some of the melodies too."

This could be mine, but it's a stretch. I think my song isn't there.

And I'm listening to my song again, and damn, I do love it so much. Maybe I should've went with it in Chad's too.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
There's one comment that may apply to mine, but I know most of those don't. Argh the anticipation....
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2015, 09:04:33 AM »
Mine is in there.

It most certainly is.  Mine could be as well.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
Mine is in there.

It most certainly is.   

:lol

That's what I was afraid of.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »
Mine could be the first 30 second one. Mine lives and dies on its chorus...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2015, 12:15:27 PM »
I'm in trouble. I know which one is mine dammit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »
So somebody already submitted Haken?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »

Nope

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2015, 09:24:17 PM »

Nope

OK. I thought you were referring to them with this:

"there is enough good prog metal stuff in there to suggest this band has a song that will impress me more than this one does.  So I will check out the relevant album"

:lol

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #413 on: September 28, 2015, 03:57:49 AM »
The anticipation is killing me, but I have to go home now.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: September 28, 2015, 05:15:38 AM »
"This song is perfectly serviceable prog metal but doesn’t really bring any highlights to the table for me."

One of these are mine, for sure.  Hopefully the second by the sounds of it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 3 RESULTS = Round 4 OPEN
« Reply #415 on: September 28, 2015, 06:48:42 AM »
An interesting round this one and another one that took a bit of time with the ratings.    It’s nice to see some strong ratings for a couple of you that haven’t managed one so far – for those that are still waiting

and there’s still 2 rounds to put yourself in a strong position for the second half of the roulette.  As far as I am concerned everyone is still very much in the game.

I actually upgraded the stragglers a bit on the final listen so the range of marks is 6.5 – 9.5.

Not too many of you were right in terms of picking the preview comments .   I’ll keep that going in future rounds as I know I enjoyed that in Evermind’s roulette.  The preview comments have been done in italics in the full reviews.

1) Almah : Trace of Trait – wolfking.  Rating = 9.5

If I had rated this after the first 30 seconds then you could perhaps cut your score in half – it had a real modern metal/industrial vibe with the feeling that djent (and all that often means for my rankings) was just around the corner , but then the melodies kicked in and despite feeling at times like it really shouldn’t , this song actually works.   The modern metal vibe continues on and off throughout the song but there’s enough melody , nice guitar and well integrated progressive moments at to keep me a happy camper.  I have sampled this band in the past due to the Angra connection and wasn’t all that impressed, but on the basis of this song I will certainly reconsider.

I listed the “modern metal vibe” as one of the reasons I didn’t like the new Pyramaze quite as much as everyone else.  I feel this song pulls it off better than pretty much anything on the Pyramaze.  Good stuff.

2) Mark Knopfler: So Far From The Clyde – Evermind  Rating =9

You’re doing a good job of reconnecting me with the softer end of my musical taste sir.  I have been on a bit of a metal binge the last few years and really haven’t been listening to anything from my collection that I would call relaxing.  And it’s not that I don’t have plenty of it.  This song has a nice folky Celtic vibe and although it doesn’t contain the best guitar work I have heard from Mark , it has that distinctive sound you expect and it does take me back to when Dire Straits were a big influence in my life. Looking back now, Brothers In Arms really should’ve made my DTF Top 50 – it got an honorable mention , mostly because I thought a couple of tracks (Money For Nothing mostly) had aged pretty badly.   But it was one of my most played albums of the 80’s and this song brought back some memories of that. 

I have never had an issue with mark’s “talky” vocal style – it suits his music quite nicely and his guitar tone has a magic about it. Really nice song.

3) Opeth : Harvest  - Big Hath   Rating =9

The only Opeth album I banned was Damnation but I have heard Blackwater Park once  (and that’s plenty enough thanks) –so what are the odds of Mr Hath picking the one song on that album that I liked?  A good effort there at judging my taste and applying it to another “DTF fave”.  This is a really pleasant song with some nice melodies. I am no Pink Floyd expert but I felt like there was plenty of Floydian influence in some of the melodies too.

4) Blind Guardian : Tanelorn (Into The Void) – Lowdz  Rating = 9

I mentioned in my write up on the Primal Fear in Rd 1 that I like Scheepers, but that the songs he sings on often don’t live up to expectations.   Well Hansi is in a similar boat for me.  I have a couple of Blind Guardian albums but have never really considered them a big favourite.  I also have some Demons and Wizards and they’re another good illustration.  I only like a few of their tracks but one in particular (Love’s Tragedy Asunder) is an all time metal fave.  So when I do like a song with Hansi I usually like it quite a bit as he does have a very strong and distinctive vocal tone.  I am not sure that this song will ever be an all time fave but it’s a strong power metal track with some nice moments and was a bit of a grower.

5) Jimi Hendrix: Fire –jingle.boy  Rating = 8.5

I am one of the few guitarists ( or ex-guitarists in my case ) who has never really rated Jimi as a player ...........along with Marty Friedman who copped plenty of shit for saying he doesn't know what all the fuss is about with Hendrix.

I totally get his influence and so forth but to me the players of the 60’s and 70’s were miles behind the greats (or even average players) of the 80’s in terms of technique and therefore (technique being only one aspect)  the only thing left to impress me from that period is the melodic/rhythmic side of things and I heard little from Hendrix over the years that did much for me there.  That’s not to say that he didn’t have some decent songs though ,or that I have sampled enough of his stuff to write him off totally.  I just didn’t get the urge to dig deeper based on what I had heard.

So this song is short and to the point , features some decent guitar work I suppose but the appeal here for me is the groove/swagger/attitude.  It’s no coincidence that Van Halen are my favourite band –not only do I love the music but there is a real cheekiness/humour in their music(DLR era more so)  that really connects with me.   I also used to listen to James Brown with my sister as kids and we would be rolling around crying with laughter listening to him in songs like Living in America with all the grunts and attitude.    I believe Hendrix played with James Brown at one point and you can hear some of that influence in this song.  “Move over Rover and let Jimi take over”...... :lol  So a solid rock song that would’ve been rated lower but for the fact that it (unusually) connected with me in a way that my favourite band of all time does.    Good job getting me to rate a 60’s song highly  :tup

6) Shineback: Rise Up Forgotten, Return Destroyed – Bolsters.  Rating =8.5

Seeing as you had already sent this in advance I had plenty of time to stew on it while I waited for the other entries for Rd 3.   So I decided to check out its Amazon listing .........after typing it in I noticed that this 10 min + song was filed away under Dance/Electronica .  So after my nervous breakdown I spent a number of days preparing my ears for the torture , but in the end I was pleasantly surprised.

There is certainly plenty of electronic elements in the music but given the amount of guitar (thankfully) I wouldn’t have any trouble labelling this progressive rock.  I think I will anyway as I don’t want anyone thinking that I like dance/electronic music  :neverusethis:

In the end I didn’t struggle too much with the 10.5 minute journey as the vocal melodies were nice , the underlying rhythms were surprisingly catchy (if a little repetitive) and the guitar solo work through the midsection was really quite good.   I seem to be noting vocalists sounding like Joseph Williams a lot , but the singer here has that sort of tone which is fine with me.  The only period where I zoned out a bit –and this probably cost it half a point - was the section post the guitar solos (6.10-8.10)  which was mostly acapella vocals and I felt it lost a lot of the song’s momentum.  Overall though I liked it.

I am surprising myself with some of this stuff –maybe the old dog is open to a few new tricks after all.  :hat

7) X Japan: Endless Rain – erwinrafael  Rating =7.5

Another erwin selection from the Land of the Rising Sun – this time a ballad.   X Japan were a band that I have thought about checking out over the years but never got around to.  I can see that they certainly have some talent and I enjoyed the song , but having said that I am not sure that the distinctive vocal tone of a Japanese male singer and the “Engrish” work as well in a melancholy ballad as they do in metal.  Nice bridge/solo section and some other nice melodies here and there.  Not a stand out song I wouldn’t have thought but a solid effort nonetheless  .

8) Iron Maiden : Dream of Mirrors –jjrock88  Rating =7.5

I am a fairly recent “convert” to Iron Maiden – enough to rate a decent number of their songs very highly.   Somewhere in Time and SSOASS in particular have a consistency for me that was lacking in most of their other albums – the rest of the “classic era” albums all contain songs I really enjoy but also plenty that I don’t..  My exposure to the modern era has been limited to the Best Of: From Fear To Eternity and I like many of the songs on that too.  I also checked out Book Of Souls.

Having said that I still rate a large swag of their material (including much of the latest album) as little more than “solid” heavy metal and am still nowhere near comprehending the drooling worship that they seem to get for almost everything they release.

So this track is from Brave New World , which is one of the albums that (based on feedback from others) is one of the modern era albums that is likely to be up my alley.  This particular song , like many of theirs, contains a catchy little lick that forms the basis of the song + lyrics/melodies that become rather repetitive and come very close to wearing out their welcome. I was very thankful for the change in pace at 5.50 as I was just about to switch off.  It seemed like the song was about to go to a whole new level/direction but then we end up with the same old chorus again shortly after , just faster and with a fairly rough transition.

In the end I think this is a strong song but it’s one which has about 5 or 6 mins worth of musical/lyrical ideas filling out a nine and a half minute song.  Take a scalpel to it and it gets an 8 or 8.5.

9) Apple Pie : The Gates of Never – kingshmegland   Rating =7

I am itching to give you a strong score king , so don’t get too discouraged and give up on me with the prog metal/rock type stuff.  I can see what you have tried to do with this and I think you are on the right track in many ways.  In other ways you went backwards – introducing growlies possibly wasn’t a great move as I have warned against this.  And if he’s gotta growl then at least sound mean and nasty – this guy sounds like he just needs a Butter Menthol :lol

As I have mentioned previously prog rock/metal is arguably my favourite type of music when it is right in my little bullseye zone , but I also lose patience very quickly when too much time is filled in with little more than syncopated/proggy rhythms or muso wankery .........I need some melody, funkiness etc...nearby/around the corner at all times.    This sort of thin ice that prog rock/metal bands tread with me can see a large part of my DTF Top 50 filled with prog metal at the same time as the band responsible for one of my top 3 albums ever (Images and Words) has other albums that I would rank very low .  It’s not uncommon for I&W and ToT to rank #1 and #2 in a DTF album list but as far as my taste goes they are on totally different planets.

So Images and Words is the absolute pinnacle for me – lots of progressive elements but just about every second has its place and the more proggy moments either involve melody, funky rhythms or resolve very quickly into another melodic moment. In this situation I find that the prog very much adds to the equation .    I have a band or two that I recently discovered that are on the lighter side of prog rock/ metal and nail a lot of the elements I like -  but I am keeping them up my sleeve for Chad’s roulette.  :angel:

Another interesting thing that you have introduced me to king is the concept of a song that I love half of and dislike the rest.  That doesn’t happen very often but it’s been a bit of a common thread with a couple of your songs and it makes them pretty hard to rate.  Am I going to listen regularly to a song with extended sections that I dislike ?  – probably not.  But do they contain some great moments and deserve a better score than most songs I have no desire to hear again – certainly.    Usually I either like a song or I don’t.  So I have broken down this song into bits and made brief comment so you can see how I am thinking as I move through it.

0.00 –  2.00    - cool , catchy progressive rhythms with a nice serene melodic interlude around 1.30
2.00-     rhythm under vocal seems mostly prog for progs sake –not particularly interesting and loses momentum
3.00-    nice melody and vocal , sounds like Joe Williams
3.20 -   another proggy section that’s alright
3.40  - another vocal over reasonably catchy rhythm but growls beginning........mine beginning too.  Aaaaargghh.  :lol
4.15-   losing momentum..............proggy rhythms going nowhere
4.35-    back to chorus
4.55  - DT like proggy rhythm – cool for a little while but outlasts its welcome....needs to resolve somewhere meaningful much quicker
5.30    back to the main (better) proggy rhythm but getting repetitive at this point
6.20 -  growls suck......this guy makes MP sound awesome and seems to have taken “cookie monster” a bit too literally.
7.15-   another proggy section that seems to be proggy for the sake of it - finishes with some nice guitar though
7.50  - cool DT like rhythm that has me into it again
8.20  - back to main rhythm which is nice , but getting a bit old by this point.
8.35-  chorus ...........nice enough.

On my normal scale this would’ve rated a 6 as I cannot see myself returning to it for the reasons mentioned,but there is enough good stuff in there to suggest a couple of things:

1) I can exercise a bit of discretion and bump up the rating a bit, and
2) this band most likely has a song that will impress me more than this one does.  So I will check out the relevant album.

So after all that I decided on a 7 as a bit of a compromise.  Sorry for the essay but I wanted to give some more detailed feedback ,as I know you're capable of really impressing with a few tweaks .

10) Last Crack: Energy Mind – Sacul   Rating =7

This song is perfectly serviceable prog metal but doesn’t really bring any highlights to the table for me – I can’t say that I was impressed with the rhythms, melodies or musicianship.  I do hear some Kings X style chord structures in there at times , which I don’t mind , but there’s too few valleys and troughs for mine.  Fairly one dimensional and just okay in all departments.

11)The Sacrificed:  24  - TAC  Rating =6.5

That means some suckah scored lower than Blondie!! :metal

Well Tim – I warned you against assuming (hint,hint  ;) ) and then you went ahead again and made the suckah comment ..........in poker they say that if you’re at the table and you don’t know who the suckah is then the suckah is you  :lol   

All jokes aside I  feel a bit ordinary giving you such a low rating for a song that you had such confidence in , but it is what it is.  Also bear in mind that on my rating scale in the OP that a mark of 6 isn’t diabolical.  It represents a song that I consider decent but with little that impresses me or drags me in for repeat listens.

I have of course listened a number of times and I have tried to hear what you hear in this but to no avail.  The thrashy riff is fairly catchy and there is some nice guitar work here and there but aside from that I didn’t hear much to talk about.  The playing is okay , the vocalist is okay (but rather distant), the production/mix seems a bit of a mess to me and the song is just okay.   The chorus does nothing for me.   The midsection of the song is a mix of nice guitar work and dissonant semi-djenty stuff (repeated near the end) that I identify as noise.......that stuff likely cost a point or so.  On the whole if I was forced to split the two 6.5’s I think I would take the Blondie.  ;D

Luckily I upgraded the rating on this late in the piece from a 6 to 6.5 or it really would've sucked for The Sacrificed - being beaten by Blondie in a metalhead's roulette.

12)  The Blitz: Untouchable Lady – splent  Rating =6.5

I almost feel like I need to be careful here not to offend anyone you know  (splent knows band members) but I can only be honest about what I am hearing and hopefully you’ll take it in that spirit.  This reminds me a bit of the debut album from a band called White Sister in terms of its sound – chunky guitars + some keys but demo quality production.  In White Sister’s case the album was saved by some strong songs and a stellar vocalist and is considered a bit of an underground classic.   Unfortunately this band have just an okay song and a pretty poor vocalist – there’s the odd flat note and there’s a shocker flat on the guitar at 1.06.    The riff driving the song , while simple ,is pretty cool with its unison bends etc...

It seems to me that this isn’t quite what the finished product would’ve been if these guys had seen a proper record deal and so it’s not entirely unexpected.  It basically sounds like what I think it is – a fairly cliche song from a mid 80’s hard rock demo.

Updated Standings:  Number of * = number of bonus points used.

Evermind 20+9=29*
Lowdz 18+9=27*
Big Hath 18+9=27*
Bolsters 18+8.5=26.5*
wolfking 16+9.5=25.5*
jjrock88 17.5+ 7.5=25
Sacul 18+7=25*
jingle.boy 16+8.5=24.5*
erwinrafael 16.5+7.5=24*
kingshmegland 15.5+7= 22.5*
TAC 15+6.5= 21.5*
splent 14.5+6.5 = 21*

As mentioned before these standings are indicative only until we complete Round 5.

Banned bands

Almah
Apple Pie
Ayreon
A.C.T
Animals As leaders
Blondie
Blind Guardian
Buckethead
Cryonic Temple
Dead End
Holst
Iron Maiden
Jimi Hendrix
Jon Lord
Karnya
Last Crack
mark Knopfler
Mystery
Opeth
Pain of Salvation
Primal Fear
Queensryche
Riverside
Shineback
Stream of Passion
Steely Dan
Steve Vai
The Blitz
The Sacrificed
Throne of Chaos (TOC)
X Japan

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 3 RESULTS - ROUND 4 OPEN
« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2015, 07:02:01 AM »
Mine is in there.

It most certainly is.  Mine could be as well.

Nailed it... I was hoping/predicting on the right comment.  Glad it connected with you.

Swinging for the fences now - gotta leap frog a few of you.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 3 RESULTS = Round 4 OPEN
« Reply #417 on: September 28, 2015, 07:03:37 AM »
Seeing as you had already sent this in advance I had plenty of time to stew on it while I waited for the other entries for Rd 3.   So I decided to check out its Amazon listing .........after typing it in I noticed that this 10 min + song was filed away under Dance/Electronica .  So after my nervous breakdown I spent a number of days preparing my ears for the torture , but in the end I was pleasantly surprised.
I had no idea it was categorised as Dance/Electronica anywhere so I never imagined that preview applying to me. :lol Though to be fair this is the most guitar-centric track on the album and I don't imagine much else on it would to appeal to you. Infact, Crush Culture is a lot closer to what you were expecting.

Fortunately this is a song roulette and not an album roulette. :biggrin:

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #418 on: September 28, 2015, 07:13:31 AM »
 I'm not offended… Don't worry. It is a demo basically..  I mean they did go to the studio, but it was done around the time when music was starting to change. This was actually a song from prior band that constituted several of the members.

I have a feeling I'm gonna lose this roulette   :lol  oh well. First experience. You're a tough man to please LOL
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #419 on: September 28, 2015, 07:15:55 AM »
If I don't get into contention after my attempt for a bonus point next round, I might drop out.  :lol