Author Topic: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......GRAND FINAL RESULTS  (Read 68605 times)

Offline Lowdz

Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 8 RESULTS........Rd 9 OPEN.
« Reply #875 on: October 26, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »
Sent, as long as Brent doesn't have it  :biggrin:  :justjen

good luck!

Yeah, tell me about it  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: October 26, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »
Sent an instrumental.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #877 on: October 26, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »

haha..........clever move here Paul  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #878 on: October 26, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »
9 tracks in ..............hoping to be under way with my first listen by late-ish tonight our time (around 12 hours away)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #879 on: October 26, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »

haha..........clever move here Paul  :tup

I hope so!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #880 on: October 26, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
Sent!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: BL5150 Roulette - Ghost Protocol......Round 9 LISTENING
« Reply #881 on: October 27, 2015, 06:01:03 PM »
Strong round guys.........only a couple of listens in but at this stage I would say a similar spread of ratings as the last round but a clearly higher average score.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: October 27, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
Gonna be tight into finals then by the sounds of it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #883 on: October 27, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
Should have some teasers up tonight guys and results tomorrow (Thursday Aussie time)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #884 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
You're moving faster than mine!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #885 on: October 27, 2015, 09:11:37 PM »
#gethyped2k15

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »

As good as it gets mate :neverusethis:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: October 27, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »

Looks like you might struggle to have yours done by the 6th bro?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: October 27, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »
Gonna be tight into finals then by the sounds of it.

If nothing changes between now and my final ratings for Rd 9 there will only be 1.5 points between 1st and 5th going into Rd 10.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: October 27, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »
How many go into finals again?  I honestly don't know.  ::)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
How many go into finals again?  I honestly don't know.  ::)

Top 6 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: October 27, 2015, 10:52:14 PM »

Looks like you might struggle to have yours done by the 6th bro?

I likely won't have final results posted by the 6th, but will be in the final listening stages.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: October 27, 2015, 10:57:51 PM »
I think I should probably start compiling stuff for the final.  I SHOULD be safe considering Brent's comments on the scores this round.  Need a safe song for the last round though, but have blown plenty of loads already and don't want to waste something else if it can be used in finals.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: October 27, 2015, 11:01:38 PM »
I think I should probably start compiling stuff for the final.  I SHOULD be safe considering Brent's comments on the scores this round.  Need a safe song for the last round though, but have blown plenty of loads already and don't want to waste something else if it can be used in finals.

I'd offer some suggestions, but that would likely hurt your chances.   :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: October 27, 2015, 11:03:38 PM »

Don't forget Kade.............NOTHING is wasted.   Final round score will be added to your score at the end of Rd 10.

I will run through a few examples to be a bit clearer.   Firstly the final round is a 20 min EP (18-25 mins ) and will be scored out of 20.

Example 1)  Let's say that you have one single 19 minute track that you might use in Rd 10 or in the final - that track is going to be rated out of 20 in the final and might best be held back for the final if you think it's a killer.

Example 2)  If your final EP will have 2 tracks on it then it's neither here nor there as these tracks will effectively score out of 10 just like the regular rounds

Example 3)
    If your final round EP will have 4 tracks on then these tracks are effectively being rated out of 5.   So a track that might normally get a 9 will score a 4.5.    If this sounds more like you then a killer track might be better sent in Round 10 as it will carry more points weight there.

Make sense?

Obviously more tracks on the EP spreads your risk too , so that's up to you guys.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:10:17 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: October 27, 2015, 11:23:33 PM »

I'd offer some suggestions, but that would likely hurt your chances.   :biggrin:

Thanks for the offer bro.  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:45 PM »

Don't forget Kade.............NOTHING is wasted.   Final round score will be added to your score at the end of Rd 10.

I will run through a few examples to be a bit clearer.   Firstly the final round is a 20 min EP (18-25 mins ) and will be scored out of 20.

Example 1)  Let's say that you have one single 19 minute track that you might use in Rd 10 or in the final - that track is going to be rated out of 20 in the final and might best be held back for the final if you think it's a killer.

Example 2)  If your final EP will have 2 tracks on it then it's neither here nor there as these tracks will effectively score out of 10 just like the regular rounds

Example 3)
    If your final round EP will have 4 tracks on then these tracks are effectively being rated out of 5.   So a track that might normally get a 9 will score a 4.5.    If this sounds more like you then a killer track might be better sent in Round 10 as it will carry more points weight there.

Make sense?

Obviously more tracks on the EP spreads your risk too , so that's up to you guys.

This does make a lot of sense mate, and definitely something to think about.  Everyone should read this, could make all the difference to be honest.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: October 28, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »

Example 3)

Make sense?

This does make a lot of sense mate, and definitely something to think about.  Everyone should read this, could make all the difference to be honest.

tl;dr 

:lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: October 28, 2015, 12:27:40 AM »
Too low , didn't read?  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #899 on: October 28, 2015, 12:44:43 AM »

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #900 on: October 28, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
So you are not scoring the EP on whether it sounds like an EP? (that is, there is a theme, there is a good flow of songs).

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: October 28, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »
So you are not scoring the EP on whether it sounds like an EP? (that is, there is a theme, there is a good flow of songs).

Interesting question and something I considered in preparing an EP for jingle.boy in case I make his final.   The way I read his rules it didn't seem like the flow of the EP would affect the rating , but all the same I have placed one short interlude track on it for that reason - the transition from one track to the next was too jarring IMO.

It is quite hard to make say 3-4 songs from different artists and different genres flow really well.

So my answer is that if you had a choice between 4 amazing songs that don't flow well vs 4 good songs that do flow well .........then I will have the 4 amazing songs please .  ;D    I will only "go with the flow" if it comes down to splitting a tie.  So there might be half a point in it , but I would focus on great songs as the major priority.

Perhaps consider it more a "sampler" EP.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:03:48 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #902 on: October 28, 2015, 02:07:55 AM »
OK. I am not making it to the finals anyway.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #903 on: October 28, 2015, 03:39:16 AM »
OK. I am not making it to the finals anyway.  :lol

I wouldn't say you're totally out of it the way things are shaping up , but someone ahead of you would have to really stuff up.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:22 AM »

Well done.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #905 on: October 28, 2015, 04:53:51 AM »
What, there's another round after this??? Rapidly running out of music that's send worthy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: October 28, 2015, 04:57:03 AM »
What, there's another round after this??? Rapidly running out of music that's send worthy.

You'll be right bro.  I've been saying that since round 2 and have been surprising myself.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: October 28, 2015, 06:27:13 AM »

Well done.

Indeed it was.  I tip my cap to you sir.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: October 28, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
Some short teasers (almost forgot......bedtime!):

"  I preferred the instrumental sections to the vocal sections. "

"Well these guys obviously wanna be Judas Priest"

"It’s bright , melodic , nice vocal harmonies, layered guitars and has bits and pieces of other bands that I quite like "

"It reminds me a bit of Threshold in the chorus"

"the vocal performance and a nice solo turn what is really a pretty basic 70’s influenced rock track into a bit of a barnstormer"

"This track definitely gave me a bit of a Chilli Peppers vibe "

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #909 on: October 28, 2015, 08:36:34 AM »
I can't remember what I sent.  :lol

I am so lost in these roulettes.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol