Author Topic: Spock's Beard Discography thread  (Read 111929 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Spock's Beard Discography thread
« Reply #1225 on: November 17, 2023, 01:33:31 PM »
I saw on Facebook this morning that SB is doing a small European tour.  So I guess they aren't dead yet.

That's what ted said, they'll be doing some shows here and there, but as far as a new album, it's possible that won't be happening.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1226 on: November 19, 2023, 09:55:29 AM »
I wanted to revisit Feel euphoria given its anniversary and the buzz around the vinyl release, but I instead decided to play Octane. I've always loved Octane and felt like it was underappreciated. Hopefully when it gets released on vinyl as well two years from now people reevaluate it. Great stuff.

Offline DTA

« Reply #1227 on: November 19, 2023, 11:05:20 AM »
Octane is great. There Was A Time might be one of the catchiest songs in their entire catalog and the mood of She Is Everything is fantastic.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1228 on: November 19, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »
Octane has three songs that I love (She Is Everything, Watching the Tide, and There Was a Time) and not a ton else that really sticks for me. As Long As We Ride is kind of fun too I guess.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1229 on: November 19, 2023, 02:00:38 PM »
That suite is just as good as The Healing colors of sound and The Great nothing, if not even better. And then there are some amazingly catchy short tunes towards the end. A couple of rockers as well.  :metal

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1230 on: November 21, 2023, 05:02:29 AM »
I read somewhere that Feel Euphoria is the first of a number of re-releases in the SB catalog - I'm guessing they will re-release Octane and SB9 next. I hope, all the Octane bonus tracks will be included since there were some real good tunes on the second disk.

The NDV era of SB was when I got to know the band and I'm looking forward to these releases. I feel like they haven't gotten the appreciation they deserve when they were released (and I honestly thought they would never be re-released because of that).
any rock can be made to roll

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1231 on: November 30, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »
NDV doing Onomatopoeia on his youtube channel: https://youtu.be/oztVfr1GW4g?si=yTEtImx3clg2pvK2

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1232 on: January 09, 2024, 06:24:15 AM »
https://jimmykeegan.bandcamp.com/album/jimmy-keegan?fbclid=IwAR0AFbqGzMynmwaS813tBOTD304esiOQMJt6DSo3ToHt9_BnrMZWbJiGV2c

Jimmy Keegan is releasing a solo album on March 1st, with some special guests including Michael Sadler, Dave Meros, Eric Dover, Ted Leonard, Ryo Okumoto, Otmaro Ruiz, Jennifer Jo Oberle and Randy Jacobs. 

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2024, 07:57:41 AM »
Speaking of Jimmy, I was listening to Waiting For Me last night, and man is it a great track. Jimmy’s drums sound really good, and they especially stood out to me. Also love those guitar solos. One of the best Ted era tracks for sure.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: January 10, 2024, 04:15:02 PM »
https://jimmykeegan.bandcamp.com/album/jimmy-keegan?fbclid=IwAR0AFbqGzMynmwaS813tBOTD304esiOQMJt6DSo3ToHt9_BnrMZWbJiGV2c

Jimmy Keegan is releasing a solo album on March 1st, with some special guests including Michael Sadler, Dave Meros, Eric Dover, Ted Leonard, Ryo Okumoto, Otmaro Ruiz, Jennifer Jo Oberle and Randy Jacobs. 

-Marc.

I have the FLAC file of this album available for REVIEW

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1235 on: February 02, 2024, 07:43:14 PM »
https://www.discogs.com/release/29664670-Alan-Morse-Far-And-Away?fbclid=IwAR1aM-Qa3y7QO3vh9-hdJXr_zRPqJOdWKRQj6EIXyS6geFxuAAfyJb9hhVw

Seems like Alan is selling his new solo album on their current tour. Only as digital downloads so far so I'm hoping for a CD, but if not, maybe his bandcamp page will have it up soon enough.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline HOF

« Reply #1236 on: February 02, 2024, 07:55:17 PM »
Just saw that and followed him on Bandcamp, but there was nothing but a profile page? Can it actually be downloaded now?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1237 on: February 02, 2024, 08:16:22 PM »
Just saw that and followed him on Bandcamp, but there was nothing but a profile page? Can it actually be downloaded now?

Only if you buy the card at one of their concerts to get the code, or get someone you know to get it for you.

-Marc.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1238 on: February 02, 2024, 08:25:56 PM »

Only if you buy the card at one of their concerts to get the code, or get someone you know to get it for you.

-Marc.

Ah, that makes more sense. Hopefully once the tour is over it gets a full release.

Offline Cocopjojo

• Astral Traveler
« Reply #1239 on: February 03, 2024, 08:15:56 PM »

-Marc.
Why would he do it this way? Not a rhetorical question, I'm really wondering what the reason is.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1240 on: February 03, 2024, 08:36:06 PM »

-Marc.
Why would he do it this way? Not a rhetorical question, I'm really wondering what the reason is.

Probably not enough money to fund the production of CDs or vinyls at the moment. Hopefully if the album download cards (which are apparently 12" and LP sleeve sized) sell well at their current shows, maybe he'll consider a physical release. At any rate, I think he'll put it up on his bandcamp page after the tour.

-Marc.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1241 on: February 03, 2024, 08:50:12 PM »
Pretty great multi-camera shot of Go The Way You Go from London.

https://youtu.be/vcF5LDBVUMo?si=tsVCZ-kzMqKL0rf7

Looks like there are some other songs from this show by this guy too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 08:55:57 PM by HOF »

Offline HOF

« Reply #1242 on: March 11, 2024, 09:10:35 AM »
Neal Morse just shared a video of him performing June with Ryo’s band on cruise to the end, which included Al but unfortunately didn’t include Nick (who was snorkeling according to Neal!).

https://www.facebook.com/100044525675682/posts/pfbid0AhyJ6Msf3krDbhkmDmF2urJMuhYyhQMqWtprhfarUKdf1zaP1XQqoFQXk5yoRX88l/

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1243 on: March 11, 2024, 05:27:51 PM »
So I contributed to Jimmy's campaign around 2015 (Indiegogo) for a signed CD of his solo album. Well, I had totally forgot about it but I got the CD in the mail.

It's also available in streaming services and Bandcamp
https://jimmykeegan.bandcamp.com/album/jimmy-keegan

Haven't listened to it but I will in the next few days.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1244 on: March 11, 2024, 05:59:33 PM »
So I contributed to Jimmy's campaign around 2015 (Indiegogo) for a signed CD of his solo album. Well, I had totally forgot about it but I got the CD in the mail.

It's also available in streaming services and Bandcamp
https://jimmykeegan.bandcamp.com/album/jimmy-keegan

Haven't listened to it but I will in the next few days.

I ordered a copy off Bandcamp last month and finally got around to listening to it over the weekend. Gave it one good spin and quite enjoyed it, but I've been neck-deep in BBT music for awhile so I'm probably not going to give it another spin for a bit, but I did like what I heard.

-Marc.

Offline HOF

« Reply #1245 on: March 14, 2024, 10:43:49 PM »
Nick got together later with Ryo and Al to do "Carrie" during the cruise. Still one of my favorite vocal performances by Nick (or anyone!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn3nXri0u3o