Author Topic: CHVRCHES  (Read 6563 times)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: CHVRCHES
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »
They released a digital deluxe version of Screen Violence with 3 extra tracks at the end but I haven't had a chance to check those out yet.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »
They released a digital deluxe version of Screen Violence with 3 extra tracks at the end but I haven't had a chance to check those out yet.

They're all great!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »
No f'n way!
at least listen to Nightmares and let me know what you think, then  :corn

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2021, 12:08:10 AM »
The bonus tracks are good, again. The ones on Every Open Eye will take some beating, mind.  :)

Screen Violence has weathered really well. Album of the year for me, no doubt. Beats DT and Mastodon.  :omg: :hefdaddy

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »
I saw CHVRCHES in Chicago on November 19th. It was awesome. Lauren killed it and the light show was amazing. Science/Visions had an absolutely spine-tingling light show to accompany the huge low end in that song and that just bumped it way up for me. I've always loved that song but I love it even more now. And ending the show with Clearest Blue was incredible. They played nearly all of my favorites especially from the new album. Violent Delights had another stellar light/screen show to accompany it, it's my favorite on Screen Violence.

CHVRCHES rules.

I was at the same show actually, my first time seeing them. I didn’t look at the set list ahead of time so I was pumped when they played Science/Visions, which has always been one of my favorites. I was never a fan of Clearest Blue until the concert, but seeing it live really helped my appreciation for it.
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
They played Science/Visions when I saw them last time too. Was an absolute show highlight.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2022, 04:17:33 PM »
Saw them again on Friday night. The Screen Violence tracks are so good live. I really hope they use the drummer more in the studio next time. Somewhat amazing to me that they've pulled in as much guitar as effectively as they have.

A couple of nights before I saw them they had Robert Smith on stage with them.

Top, top band.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 04:59:03 PM by DoctorAction »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2022, 08:59:54 PM »
Maybe I said it on another thread (or another forum, lol), but their previous two albums really disappointed me compared to the debut, but Screen Violence was a big step in the right direction again.  Definitely one of the better albums last year, and "How Not To Drown" and "Violent Delights" in particular were on constant rotation for me. 

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2022, 12:52:19 AM »
There's only 4 so a ranking doesn't stretch me too much:  ;D

Screen Violence
Every Open Eye
The Bones Of What You Believe
Love Is Dead