Author Topic: Pickups For A 7-String guitar  (Read 986 times)

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
Pickups For A 7-String guitar
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
For my birthday this year, I got a Schecter SGR C-7. I'mean looking to upgrade the pickups. To give you some basic info, the guitar is Basswood with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. I'm looking for something  to make the sound fatter and cleaner. I'm looking for something versatile, but with a focus on progressive music. I was looking at the Dimarzio Illuminators, but I want to get some more opinions on what pickups to get.
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Pickups For A 7-String guitar
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
For my birthday this year, I got a Schecter SGR C-7. I'mean looking to upgrade the pickups. To give you some basic info, the guitar is Basswood with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard. I'm looking for something  to make the sound fatter and cleaner. I'm looking for something versatile, but with a focus on progressive music. I was looking at the Dimarzio Illuminators, but I want to get some more opinions on what pickups to get.

I have a very similar Schecter 7-string.  And I ended up with the Dimarzzio Super Distortion series.  I kept the original neck position pickup and replaced the bridge pickup.

Offline Cedar redaC

• DTF.org Member
  • Streams of Light Unite With Water
Re: Pickups For A 7-String guitar
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:41:44 PM »
I hadn't considered that pickup, so I'll look into it. Thanks!
Perhaps you should ask bosk to reverse the "e" and "a" in the second half of your user name.
Cedar redaC swoops in for the kill!