Author Topic: The jingle Roulette Trilogy - Final Results - no more mind games  (Read 80859 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The jingle Roulette Trilogy - Welcome back my friends
« Reply #210 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »
I was only joking.............my guess would be Screaming Jets -  I can't imagine anyone but an Aussie sending them.  I now feel like some Samboy chips  ;)

Someone sent Screaming Jets? I haven't looked at Chad's recent listening but I can assure you that wasn't me.  I'm interested in knowing who though.  What song?

Great band by the way.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: September 07, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »

I think I sent a stronger song for the 2nd elimination round, if I get through. My first round submission, though cool, has some cheesey lyrics.

How did you know you made it to the second round?

I don't, but I sent both songs at the same time.

That's actually a pretty smart way to help ensure a place IMO.  Gives Chad a listen to the second song right away if he didn't dig your first track, good advantage.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #212 on: September 07, 2015, 05:36:19 PM »
I smaht! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: September 07, 2015, 06:00:27 PM »
"Boys in the Bright White Sport Car" by Trooper,"Action" by Streetheart and Kim Mitchell!!

Not likely that someone sent you those songs, but nice to see some Canada mixed in

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: September 07, 2015, 06:13:42 PM »
I was only joking.............my guess would be Screaming Jets -  I can't imagine anyone but an Aussie sending them.  I now feel like some Samboy chips  ;)

Someone sent Screaming Jets? I haven't looked at Chad's recent listening but I can assure you that wasn't me.  I'm interested in knowing who though.  What song?

Great band by the way.

Had a look, they sent Better.  A great song, just so overplayed here.

I wonder who sent the Accept?  :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2015, 06:15:22 PM »
That's a five star song by Accept.  Great pick by whoever sent it

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: September 07, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »
That's a five star song by Accept.  Great pick by whoever sent it

Hmmmmm........

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »
Accept have 66 plays on the iTunes list so hopefully nobody  :lol    It's hard to tell what's roulette and what isn't.   I doubt anyone has heard of my band and it's in the melodic rock/hair band style.  On reflection I think it maybe isn't a wow factor song (more a song to test out if that style still appeals) , but I'm still not through my first culling of the jingle.list .  :-[   Better prepared for Rd 2 if I make the cut.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:37:19 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #218 on: September 07, 2015, 08:00:54 PM »
I was only joking.............my guess would be Screaming Jets -  I can't imagine anyone but an Aussie sending them. 

You're absolutely right.

"Boys in the Bright White Sport Car" by Trooper,"Action" by Streetheart and Kim Mitchell!!

Not likely that someone sent you those songs, but nice to see some Canada mixed in

Oh, and my listening lately is also a smattering of "What might Brent not know?"

^these two quotes are related.

It's hard to tell what's roulette and what isn't.
Fun game, eh?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: September 07, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
I was only joking.............my guess would be Screaming Jets -  I can't imagine anyone but an Aussie sending them. 

You're absolutely right.

I think there might only be one other Aussie in this besides Brent and I, not completetly sure though.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2015, 10:18:12 PM »
I think there might only be one other Aussie in this besides Brent and I, not completetly sure though.
I believe you are correct. Therefore, The Screaming Jets must be my submission. ;)

I'll be interested to learn who sent Pendulum. I checked your Last.fm a few days ago and was thinking it was Sacul, but then he just said he sent prog metal. :justjen

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2015, 11:03:30 PM »
I'm not familiar with Pendulum either :P

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »
Pendulum seems to me like a very poor choice for a band to send in Chad's roulette though :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2015, 02:41:50 AM »
Pendulum seems to me like a very poor choice for a band to send in Chad's roulette though :lol
No kidding. :lol

If you were hosting a roulette right now, Pendulum-Sender, this is what I'd send you.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »
Now that I think of it, that might be me, it was a toss up between two songs, and I thought I had sent the other, but that probably ended up now being the case.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm fucked. :biggrin: :biggrin:

EDIT: Was it Witchcraft?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:06:21 AM by Train of Naught »
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2015, 04:40:08 AM »
I believe you are correct. Therefore, The Screaming Jets must be my submission. ;)

That's what I thought.

Never heard Pendulum.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »
They used to be this live Drum & Bass group, but they split up, so now there's this one guy who goes by the name "El Hornet" who pretends to be a DJ and play songs from Pendulum at parties.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2015, 04:53:04 AM »
Just checking out that Witchcraft song.  Different, but it's not bad for what it is.  Dunno how it will go down with Chad.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2015, 05:03:19 AM »
Really looking forward to the results here. We might actually all explore some new music here :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2015, 06:31:07 AM »
Just checking out that Witchcraft song.  Different, but it's not bad for what it is.  Dunno how it will go down with Chad.
Yeah, it's not that bad. It'll be a lot easier for Chad to swallow than something like Voodoo People would have been. :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2015, 06:42:24 AM »
I've been around this forum waaay shorter than all of you, so yeah, don't really know who to send what to, and the last.fm page only made it more confusing. :( I think choosing from the Pendulum discography, I probably picked (one of) the safest song(s) though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
Really looking forward to the results here. We might actually all explore some new music here :biggrin:

Without a doubt.  Gonna be a lot of obscure stuff here methinks.

I'm pretty sure I know how things are panning out.  I've got something I've got to go to tonight, and I have no idea how long it's gonna last.  If I get home at a reasonable hour, results might be in the next 12-13 hours.  Good listening here.  It's gonna be a shame to relieve some of you from your duties.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2015, 08:00:29 AM »
That's actually a pretty smart way to help ensure a place IMO.  Gives Chad a listen to the second song right away if he didn't dig your first track, good advantage.

I smaht! ;D

Except for the fact that I'm not listening to it until your spot in Qualification #2 is confirmed.  This isn't like your roulette... no early submissions.  I might be throwing some curve-balls along the way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »
No I know. That wasn't my intent. I sent them together out of convenience.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »

I smaht! ;D

Except for the fact that I'm not listening to it until your spot in Qualification #2 is confirmed.  This isn't like your roulette... no early submissions.  I might be throwing some curve-balls along the way.

Yay, throw in the curveballs!
I was going to send some Chumbawumba but they're. Already on your last fm.  :omg:
And I'm a bastard apparently...  :biggrin:
Won't come as a surprise  to anyone:biggrin:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »
Honeymoon Suite!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2015, 10:48:39 AM »

Really not sure what to make of this.  Sneaky for sure, and I literally mean sneaky... not trying to suggest that's who this is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:58:51 AM by jingle.boy »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
I really hope if this mystery guy sends crappy song, he gets eliminated, not getting some out-of-jail free card. I know, mystery and suspense, but rules are rules. I mean, I can see Kade or RJ getting a out-of-jail card for sure, but this guy? No, and I don't even know who he is.

I might be a bit biased though, because this mystery approach kinda pisses me off. If you want to play, come out and play. Sorry, mystery guy.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »
I really hope if this mystery guy sends crappy song, he gets eliminated, not getting some out-of-jail free card. I know, mystery and suspense, but rules are rules. I mean, I can see Kade or RJ getting a out-of-jail card for sure, but this guy? No, and I don't even know who he is.

I agree.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2015, 12:56:07 PM »
I might be a bit biased though, because this mystery approach kinda pisses me off. If you want to play, come out and play. Sorry, mystery guy.

I got no beef... adds a little spice to things.  And ya know, something just dawned on me.  Who's to say he's not already playing?  Hell, Mystery could be anyone of you!  Unless it's a she.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »

+1. Don't hide behind your fake e-mail addresses and just play like everybody else.
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »
He probably thought telling his friends that he is doing 'Roulette' on the internet with some random dudes would be taken the wrong way, so he is doing it secretly.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »
He probably thought telling his friends that he is doing 'Roulette' on the internet with some random dudes would be taken the wrong way, so he is doing it secretly.

I reckon it's last fm and it's too embarrassed to admit it after the last roulettes poor showing...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2015, 02:49:56 PM »

I reckon it's last fm and it's too embarrassed to admit it after the last roulettes poor showing...

:lol :lol

Actually, last.fm didn't do so hot in my first roulette too! 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »
What is this nerd talk Chad.  Run this roulette mofo! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC