Author Topic: Women who like Dream Theater  (Read 26405 times)

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Re: Women who like Dream Theater
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »
6. What, in your opinion, is the best Dream Theater song for introducing a women to the world of DT?
I'd say I walk beside you or any ballads.

*bzzt*

Wrong answer, but I do admit most NORMAL females aren't into Dream Theater-type music at all. It's the blanket statement that we only like ballads or soft songs that kinda grinds my gears in this thread.

I dunno--I'm getting saltier lately. :getoffmylawn:

Well, best in this context is referring to most successful in getting women into DT, so I don't see how it's a blanket statement if those people had more success with those songs than with others.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2016, 02:01:54 AM »
He did say "or any ballads" though. Unless he coincidentally tried every single DT ballad of course, then I stand corrected.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2016, 02:35:32 AM »
3. Have you ever failed to get a lady to share in your love with Dream Theater?
Too much.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:40 AM »
Women who like Dream Theater...

Creepy old guys acting like 13 yo girls count? Cause' I believe we have one of those around...

... dude. REALLY? :tdwn

What's with this one....

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
  • Take me far away, to the ends of this earth.
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2016, 09:16:11 AM »
Actually, I have a recording of me asking people of they know DT.
You'd be surprised how many No's were said...
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »
I guess it depends on who you're asking to, but it doesn't really surprise me at all :P

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2016, 10:33:44 AM »
I guess it shouldnt. ;)
Yeah, there are people who like slayer and korn, but they say dream theater never clicked for them.
as for girls....it should be pretty obvious  :D
I've been drinking beer since I was 18 and dabbled since I was 16. I have at least 500 beer bottles in my collection and love the fancy shit though my wallet doesn't. I'll drink liquor not even five times a year including shots or mixed drinks. Jack Daniels and Coke is an easy go-to for me. Very smooth nads candy sweet.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2016, 12:33:47 PM »
Yeah, there are people who like slayer and korn, but they say dream theater never clicked for them.

See I'm the opposite, I couldn't care less about most metal and its variations (except for some instrumental groups). I love DT because they are so diverse. And, many of their heavier songs (besides TOT and SC for me) are still very interesting. I think a lot of people who don't care for metal in general may like DT just because, in all honesty, there are way more light to medium songs than really heavy ones, and most of the really heavy ones are on specific albums. Besides the 2 albums I listed, and a few other specific songs, I like quite a few of their remaining heavy songs (especially on Awake, TEI, and the ones on the new album).

Offline Hal Incandenza

• AAAAAAAARGH!!!
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2016, 02:04:06 PM »
1. Do you know any women who like Dream Theater?
Yes, three that I can think of offhand.
2. Did you yourself introduce them to Dream Theater?
Two yes, one no. In fact, she's the one who gave me my copies of Images and Words and Awake.
I think I'm 2 for 2, but I may simply not remember.
5. Have you ever "gotten freaky" to DT, if so what song?
Almost certainly, but not with specific intention, just with it showing up during a playlist.
6. What, in your opinion, is the best Dream Theater song for introducing a women to the world of DT?
Depends what she likes. One woman, I started with all the ballads, and worked into some of the more metal stuff. She wasn't ever going to be a big fan of that stuff, but she loved a lot of it. I think she became more of a Kevin Moore/Chroma Key fan in the end. My wife, I focused on the proggy angle. She only likes the more metal stuff when it's live, for whatever reason.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »
I guess it shouldnt. ;)
as for girls....it should be pretty obvious  :D
I love Korn, best of both worlds baby. (well, I liked the pre-Skrillex Korn)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline ASacrificedSon

• The Forsaken
« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
Too much.

Oopsies. Let me clear things up.
I was thinking that women enjoy ballads.
Doesn't mean I'd recommend only ballads to them. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline pdurbin22

« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »
My wife enjoys "Beneath the Surface," minus Jordan's keyboard solo which she thinks ruins the moment. She also likes "As I Am" because it's a pretty straight-forward rocker. 

I put "I Walk Beside You" on a wedding mix that we gave to all of our guests, thinking she'd love the song (and because I had to find a way to get DT on there), but she thought it was "kinda cheesy." Oh well!

Offline Enalya

« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
4. Why didn't she like them?

i guess THEY just didn't have the t
                                                       i
                                                        m
                                                           e    for music anymore

You win the internet sir