Author Topic: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (FINAL RESULTS!)  (Read 54637 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (Round 7 Listening)
« Reply #420 on: October 06, 2015, 09:31:32 PM »
i actually try to get a variety of listening settings for these songs, usually a morning one somewhere, a later night one, a listen where I divide my focus a little and have the music half in the background... gets me a good impression of where different songs work best  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #421 on: October 07, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »
what you can expect:
1. me being really frustrated with the really boring song
2. potentially the highest score any song that's received a bonus .5 has gotten, but maybe not
3. at least one recent trend continues
4. there's a ton of songs that feel super in-between whole and half-point scores and i'm regretting not having quarter-scores

my rating system now seems to be "how badly do I want this song to be the next one to come up next on the randomizer"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #422 on: October 07, 2015, 02:51:56 AM »
God, I hopr mine isn't the boring song :lol
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »
I'm really hoping it isn't mine either, on the other side, it only lasts a little over 2 minutes and is full of energy so I can't imagine.  :eek
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2015, 05:36:11 AM »
I would not call mine boring either, but some people probably would. I hope Parama isn't one of those people.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2015, 06:09:43 AM »
Couldn't help but notice your signature sign with a link to your band, you played at Melkweg like last week? that's like next to my house  :lol I should've gone!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
I hope mine is the boring one, making you suffer as much as possible.  :tup

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »
Couldn't help but notice your signature sign with a link to your band, you played at Melkweg like last week? that's like next to my house  :lol I should've gone!

Yes! It was in June, but we took the time to make the videos as good as we could :) the first was released 3(?) weeks ago and this Friday we're releasing the last video. So you live in the Netherlands? Check out our music and come see us live sometime :D
Squ

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #428 on: October 07, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »
plot twist: everyone had the boring song, everyone gets 4 points this round the end

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #429 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »

Yes! It was in June, but we took the time to make the videos as good as we could :) the first was released 3(?) weeks ago and this Friday we're releasing the last video. So you live in the Netherlands? Check out our music and come see us live sometime :D
Yeah I checked it out, not exactly my usual taste but I thought it was good, I live in Amsterdam, basically 10 minutes away from Leidseplein with the bike. I might come see you sometime!

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (Round 6 Listening)
« Reply #430 on: October 07, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
Couple artists I might've tried submitting later- Sufjan Stevens (though I never would've thought of him in an instrumental round)

Fortunately, my Sufjan entry scored low enough that you can send a real one later.  ;)

This would've been a good round for it.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #431 on: October 07, 2015, 10:39:22 PM »
i'm bad and lazy but mostly i was putting these off for a while for no particular reason other than to make you all suffer, i'll start on writeups, expect them in an hour or so

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #432 on: October 07, 2015, 11:38:01 PM »
It's already been an hour. I guess I'll have to wait for the so  :P

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #433 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »
i didn't start right after I made that post, actually, and most of these writeups are getting to be longer than the songs themselves, somehow  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #434 on: October 08, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
Round 7 Results:

senecadawg2: Lunatic Soul – Cold

First Impressions: The first minute has me going “well I don’t know where you’re going with this yet, but I’m intrigued”. This isn’t really, like, a decent fit for the theme at all honestly but ehh. This has decent atmosphere to it but it ends up feeling repetitive by the end. The small subtleties that come in and out don’t change up the mood enough to keep me engaged. And the rhythm is fairly straightforward. Not until near the end is there any real variation, with the drums going a bit more intense and the rest of the instrumentation staying pretty much the same, a few synths coming in too I guess but it’s a little too late at that point.

Final Thoughts: I think the fatal flaw here is that… Mariusz Duda has always been my least favorite part of Riverside. Well, that and the kind of cruddy guitar tones they occasionally use for leads. But yeah. I don’t hate his voice or his singing or anything but I generally don’t listen to Riverside to hear him sing. I listen for the interesting music.

Here, I get… one guitar/synth line repeated over and over in a song with almost no build until near the end, a simple beat, and an okay atmosphere. That’s like… it. And Duda’s singing is fine here but the effects put on the vocals aren’t my favorite, never a huge fan of vocal effects but they don’t even add anything here.

And that’s why this song bores me. It’s fairly undynamic and it puts the music as mostly a backdrop for the singing. And if I don’t find the singing to be that great… I don’t find myself having a reason to come back and listen to the song. It doesn’t help that it’s 7 minutes long.

I also don’t really see how this fits the theme, and that’s part of why it bores me, as well; it’s not really even close to what I’m looking for from this round. Yeah, okay, there’s a flat beat throughout the entire song… but not an interesting one, and it’s certainly not given much focus.

I do think the ending section is alright. There’s a lot more texture to the music and it builds alright enough, the drums get a lot more interesting too. It’s a shame I have to wait over 5 minutes to get to that point, and up until that point this just does not interest me in the slightest.

Sorry, man, but I never want to hear this song again :lol

Score: 4/10

FlyingBIZKIT: OSI – Microburst Alert

First Impressions: Not that I’ve never listened to OSI before, more that it was a long time since I did and I wasn’t a huge fan when I first did, but who knows. This is super bass-heavy, gosh. Probably too bass-heavy. The bass stops sounding like it has a tone to it and just feels like a percussive hit. Takes a while to kick in, too. When it does kick in I do like it a fair bit, even if it’s not exactly original, but up until that point I find it hard to stay interested or focused on this.

Final Thoughts: Okay, I think you might have taken the theme a liiiittle too literally, since this song is very little but rhythm. The low synths are basically just percussion on top of a decent enough drum beat. There’s a few softer bits with some melodies and decent atmosphere and I’m okay with those sections, though the sampled voices that always accompany them are not my favorite.

The louder part at the end is cool too but there’s not so much any buildup to it as much as it just happens out of nowhere, and it’s not exactly enough to save the song, nor does it last for very long. I think this is short enough that it doesn’t bore me or anything, at least, and I kinda dig the rhythms, but at the end of the day… this is just reminding me why I never got into OSI to begin with.

Score: 5 (+.5 Bonus) = 5.5/10

Tomislav95: Gojira – Esoteric Surgery

First Impressions: Did try to listen to these guys once but didn’t make it through an entire song when I did. Let’s try again. Intro is not attracting any favor, straight kicks and going on a fair bit long and all. Once that passes the rhythm of the song definitely gets more interesting, though it’s a bit lacking in tone; very Meshuggah-esque. Like, yeah, these guys definitely listened to a lot of Meshuggah… and I don’t really care for Meshuggah… oops… I think the biggest thing about this is that not only does it lack much in the way of dynamics, but it also doesn’t have any huge shifts musically. It goes from loud section to loud section to slower loud section with chugging riffs and lots of double bass. It does cool down a little eventually but at that point it’s lost me anyways.

Final Thoughts: You, too, may have taken the theme a bit too literally, though this at least has a fair bit of melodic and musical meat on the rhythm bones. I like how the one vocal line comes in early at the last repetition of the intro, that’s a good touch. And I like the rhythmic breakdown after, it’s pretty cool, the drums do some neat stuff for that part.

A lot of this is just… too straightforwardly heavy for me to get in. Straight double-bass kicks and tremolo picking like this song uses in spades is basically a deathcore trope that I’ve heard done to death by basically every deathcore act I’ve heard, and I do not actively seek out deathcore (can’t stand it, honestly).

The song gets to a much more interesting place for the second half, though, the pace slowing down to give some nice headbanging riffs, even if they’re a bit simple. It never really goes anywhere with it, though, kind of just dying out into a clean section at the end, perhaps a bit too soon.

I think what keeps me from enjoying this more is that nothing about it is really that fresh, nor is it that gripping. The rhythmic breakdown section is a Meshuggah type thing that I’ve heard before. The flat drumming/tremolo picking stuff I’ve heard before. The slower chugging riffs I’ve probably heard in a hundred different songs. Far from calling this a bad song, but just not a particularly interesting one.

Score: 6.5/10

Sacul: Massive Attack – Dissolved Girl

First Impressions: I don’t really know what trip-hop implies but apparently not as bad as I’d feared. The relaxed groove of the instrumentals are nice and the singer’s voice is okay though a bit rough and not particularly powerful. I like the use of guitar here, it’s not a primary instrument but it can add texture to quieter moments and heaviness to louder moments. I found myself zoning out a little while listening to this, though. It’s not especially engaging…

Final Thoughts: Well, now I know what trip-hop sounds like, I guess. Vaguely pleasant but not especially engaging, downbeat electronic music. The kind of song I’d put on in the background and not mind at all, but not really notice much either. For 6 minutes it’s stretched a little thin. The climax of the song happens less than halfway through and it has nowhere to go from there. It just… meanders.

I’m neutral on her voice. It’s okay. It’s not great. The synth sounds are okay. Not great. The guitar sounds good and is used well. The beat’s decent but not fantastic or anything.

Man, I just, have a hard time saying much about this. It’s chock full of subtleties, sure, but the subtleties are put onto a framework that’s not exactly great. It’s not making me want to go and check out some trip hop, that’s for sure.

Score: 6.5 (+.5 Bonus) = 7/10

mikemangioy: Destrage – My Green Neighbor

First Impressions: Yeah, I can pretty quickly tell where you’re coming from sending this. What the heck is that higher pitched voice even doing, though. I guess it’s a singing voice but it’s hard to tell. This song feels a bit schizophrenic on first listen, even for the genre, it can’t tell if it wants to be really pretty or if it wants to be really heavy or if it wants to be more technical. All three of its moods work well enough on their own though and it’s not like the transitions are bad either. I don’t think any of this is particularly original but it’s plenty competent at the very least. You could do far worse sending me metalcore.

Final Thoughts: This may suffer from the fact that my most recent delve into metalcore stuff happened to be Burst, who did this exact kind of song just a lot better in every way. Cooler riffs, better harsh vocals, very interesting cleaner parts, and a general focus on writing heavy music, but not overly heavy music.

This is trying to be loud and heavy a lott of the time, and that’s fine. That’s where metalcore and death metal stuff in general runs into a problem for me… heavy for the sake of heavy is just not my thing in the slightest.

So I don’t really like the harsh vocals here at all. Especially the higher-pitched ones, they just irk me. And some of the riffs are a bit too “look how heavy this is”. But as a whole, there’s a ton of stuff here I like.

There’s plenty of decent riffs here and you can tell all the band members have definitely practiced, but they use that to build one hell of a hook and some really interesting frantic instrumental breakdowns. There’s one really heavy part with chromatic chords in the middle that I think works well as a really heavy thing. All the elements come together well there.

I kind of don’t like the ending at all though, that sample is… eugh, and the band comes in just for a quick punch in the face that really doesn’t add anything to the song.

The song as a whole, I can’t say I fully enjoy, but there’s so many good parts to this that outweigh the bad parts and I can’t say I dislike it or anything either, I dig this quite a bit actually, but I can’t say I’m especially eager to check out more from the band.

Score: 7.5/10

425: Yes – Siberian Khatru

First Impressions: Yes, I haven’t listened to much Yes, which is mostly my fault. The guitar lines in this song are pretty noodly but they’re not given too much focus so as to overwhelm everything else. The rhythm is a little flat though, a basic kick-snare-kick-snare beat for the early parts at least. The guitar lines have a bit of groove to them, I guess. My first time listening to this, a lot of this song is just in one ear and out the other, which I kinda expected to be fair, but oh well. It’s a fairly complex song both structure-wise and instrumentally, so. That’s why I give a fair number of listens to everything.

Final Thoughts: Yeah, the groove here definitely comes more from the guitar and synth than it does from the drumming. But it’s there well enough. I don’t think it’s a high level of groove or anything but at least well enough there to please me.

I will say that I’m a little disappointed that this isn’t as adventurous as the other Yes songs I’m familiar with (Close to the Edge and Roundabout, mostly). It makes up for that by just being a damn solid prog rock song, though.

It does kind of hammer in its guitar lines and riffs a bit much, though. There’s two of them that are just played over and over and while they’re cool lines, I don’t think they’re cool enough to sustain so much of the song.

Yes as usual does a lot of cool things vocal-wise, harmonies and ear-catching melodies aplenty. And the quiet parts with more atmosphere are cool in their own right, as well.

I think mostly what keeps me from rating this higher is that… I feel this song could be trimmed out a bit, the writing tightened some, and a much better 6 or 7 minute song could’ve come out of it than the 9 minute song it is. As it stands, it’s basically a classic track off a classic album that I’ve somehow never heard until now. And I like it. Don’t love it.

I keep pingponging between 7.5 and 8 for this one so I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go for the higher one since I can’t really make up my mind. I wish I had quarter scores :lol

Score: 8/10

Train of Naught: Royal Blood – Loose Change

First Impressions: Oh, that guitar line is delicious. Hmm. When it gets quiet for a moment I expect a louder chorus to come in but it doesn’t. Oh well. Okay, it has to be building to something now, right? Yes, alright. You tricked me the first time. Though it doesn’t have a lot of room to work with this does feel like a complete song. I think its guitar line is strong enough to carry the first half and the raw energy can carry the second half, so it works.

Final Thoughts: Okay, so I have been informed in-thread that that is not actually an electric guitar, it is a bass.

Goddamn, I love the tone on that bass, then. This is easily the grooviest song of the bunch and the kind of straightforward rocker I dig. The vocals fit the music perfectly. The drums just add to the groove of the main riff. It’s short enough that it doesn’t have time to wear out its welcome. You’d have to try really hard to beat an idea completely into the ground in two and a half minutes.

I will say that the faster part of the song probably isn’t as good as the groove of the slower parts, but being “not as good” as “really damn good” is not something to feel too bad about. The way that the vocal line remains the same between the two and the bassline is like, an alternate version of the slower riff keeps it feeling cohesive throughout the tempo shift.

Listening to this song just makes me very happy and if the rest of their album is cool rockers like this song then I’m definitely interested. And you definitely win the “best fit to theme” prize of the round, though there’s no bonus for that.

Score: 8.5/10

LordCost: The Contortionist – Thrive

First Impressions: So yeah I’ve listened to this album before but I don’t exactly remember the specific songs. I just remember “djent with pretty good atmosphere” and that’s basically what I’m getting here. There’s a balance between the more chaotic bits and the more straightforward bits that keeps the song interesting. The only thing is that it may be a bit of a blur, musically; a lot of the riffs aren’t that distinct. It seems like you went both for the groove and the complexity factors of the theme this round, and shoved in some atmosphere for good measure.

Final Thoughts: Maybe it’s kinda cheating since I already heard this album all the way through once and liked it enough to decide that I’d probably pick it up at the end of the year or something, but considering that I wasn’t familiar with any of the songs at all, and that I was fairly sure I would like it, yeah, felt okay letting this one through.

And I’m glad I did. Obviously. There’s just a lot about this that works. It’s heavily textured and there’s a ton of atmosphere in the quieter moments, but at the same time there’s a frantic energy to it throughout, and a lot of rhythmical complexity that flows well and feels natural.

I’d hesitate to call this djent at all, now that I’m more familiar with it. It’s more a specific flavor of progressive metal that has a bit of djent inspiration in it. The bass does some djenty stuff during the quieter moments that keeps the song’s energy going strong and I really dig that; the bass in general here is actually really good, very audible and it’s not just mimicking the guitar like a lot of bands tend to have it do.

I will say that my feeling of “this kind of blurs together a little” has still stuck, but at the same time, there’s a definite progression and flow to the song to where it doesn’t really feel like a blur even if a lot of the kinds of riffs and rhythms are samey. I just have to hope that the entire album doesn’t sound exactly like this one song, I imagine it doesn’t though.

Score: 8.5/10

Shadow Ninja 2.0: Shining – Fisheye

First Impressions: Considering how dissonant and noisy this intro is, you think I’d hate it, right? Uhh. I don’t, it’s actually pretty cool. Frantic but organized music like this is something that seems to work well, and there’s a strong underlying sense of groove to it that keeps it grounded. I worry that once the initial shock of this wears off I won’t find as much making me want to come back to it, though. And it’s a little too consistently loud, also. Oh hey there crazy sax, ahah. Yeah, this song is just… exhausting, more than anything.

Final Thoughts: Please keep sending me weird stuff. This kind of weird stuff definitely pays off well. Even when it’s like, made up of elements I’d usually not like, but everything works together here so well that the chaos just ends up sounding great.

What the heck does ONE THREE SEVEN FIVE mean though, seriously.

Anyways, the guitar line has a ton of groove to it and I love it. Also that crazy noodly thing that happens just before the first “verse” or whatnot is kind of hilarious but super cool.

I think this song really earns the right to be pretty consistently heavy because even when it’s heavy it still has room to build. The really frantic heavy part towards the middle is a clear step up from the heavy groove of the parts before.

And when this song returns to an older idea, there’s always something new added to keep it fresh. Vocals getting louder, guitar noodling over the dissonant synth line, let’s just have a random sax solo out of nowhere because it ups the already manic feel of the song to a new level.

This song is definitely exhausting though, but it never wore out its welcome, each time I listened to this I noticed more subtleties that made each listen better than the last. Something this weird that still ends up working this well definitely deserves both its high score and its bonus point, I’ll definitely dig into more of this band’s stuff, though hopefully it won’t all be as… tiring to listen to, haha, I don’t think I could take 50 minutes of just this kind of song.

Score: 8.5 (+.5 Bonus) = 9/10

(Continued in next post...)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »
Elite: Lesoir – Battle

First Impressions: Well, I definitely dig the swell at the start of the song. Okay, yeah, from the intro alone I can tell you went for the groove here, which definitely works. I am not sure how well the vocals here match with the music, but the music itself is really cool. Very moody with both a lot of groove and a lot of atmosphere. The bass is really high in the mix, which is a plus. Adds a sense of heaviness to even the quieter moments that keeps things tense. The group vocals coming back in for the chorus after the long break adds a real feeling of climax to the track too. The long slow fadeout at the end might be a bit of a drag with how long it is, though.

Final Thoughts: You didn’t have to worry about being in the bottom half of the set this round at all, you’re crazy for thinking so, like geez man this is just a great song.

Where to begin? How about with the chorus. That riff is great. The booming drums just accentuate it. The female vocals sound as aggressive as the riff. It all works great. Damn, I love that chorus.

First verse. What’s that, a bass groove and some frantic drumming over some softer but still powerful vocals? Yes, you better believe I’m gonna sign on that dotted line.

Then there’s the quieter break in the middle. A foreboding piano melody and some super-thick bass tones over a sluggish but driving drum rhythm. Female vocals come back in with a ominous, almost whispered echo by another vocalist. The vocals themselves have really good dynamics that basically create a build all by themselves even when the other instruments don’t.

The third chorus. Everything great about the first two choruses, with the added bonus of some cathartic group vocals making it even bigger.

Really the only thing about this that isn’t excellent is the long outro. It doesn’t drag the whole thing down a lot, and there’s some nice guitar leans going on throughout it, but it’s a bit of an anticlimax I feel, especially with how long it takes for everything to die out.

But yeah, everything else here? Damn. Hot damn. I gotta check out this album.

Score: 9/10

Current Standings:
Elite - 58.5
Sacul - 56.5
Tomislav95 - 54.5
mikemangioy - 54.5
senecadawg2 - 54
FlyingBIZKIT - 54
425 - 53.5
LordCost - 51
Train of Naught - 49.5
Shadow Ninja 2.0 - 46.5

Pretty mixed round overall but I got a fair number of cool songs out of it for sure so I can’t complain in the end. And I’m sorry so many songs get stuck at 8.5, the 9’s tend to be hard to compare to when I have standards set by previous rounds. Lesoir would’ve totally been a 9.5 with a shorter outro though, and The Contortionist would be like an 8.75 if I gave out quarter ratings, maybe it’ll get the half-point when I do relistens I dunno.

And YEP hit the character limit this time, oops  :lol

Get your Round 8 entries ready, now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:05:18 PM by Parama »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Parama's Coincidental Roulette! (ROUND 7 RESULTS)
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
Damn, was kind of worried this would happen. Again  :lol. Yeah, the song meanders a bit, but you should check the album anyways (specially the song Teardrop) - most tunes have great yet subtle buildups and a dark atmosphere. Which would have been perfect for this round, fuck.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2015, 02:17:48 AM »
I managed to impress Parama at last, I'm happy.
Most of Royal Blood's songs are kind of like Loose Change, but the breakdown is actually my favorite part of it, and it's what makes it different from most of the songs. Figure It Out also has a breakdown at the end but does it waaay cooler, other faves are probably Little Monster, Out of the Black and Careless.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2015, 05:38:10 AM »
I guess most of Gojira's songs are repetitive, riff based. And as long those riffs are great I'm pleased :D But maybe I took round theme too literally, yes :P
Elite is maybe too far from me now, but I hope he will fail in at least one round (come on man, you can't send great song in every round ;D ).
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #439 on: October 08, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
I would probably have picked Ocean Planet or Art of Dying for a Gojira submission, but I don't know too many songs by them, and judging from Parama's write-up, Gojira would not work out anyway.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #440 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »
Don't worry man, I am totally just going to keep sending you weird stuff. I mean me winning is impossible at this point so I might as well. :lol

Offline LordCost

« Reply #441 on: October 08, 2015, 08:23:48 AM »
Sent now! If I had chosen another song and got a standard vote like 6.5 instead of a 2 on the post rock round I could have been third  :\

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #442 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »
please do not send me light of day, day of darkness for round 8, there's a variety of reasons why i won't accept it  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #443 on: October 08, 2015, 09:13:35 AM »
Hey LordCost, good things came out of that 2, for instance, I feel better about my own score now.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »
Um, I'm pretty much indifferent to that Lunatic Soul album, but Cold really deserves more than 4/10. Nice song.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #445 on: October 08, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
i was tempted to rate it lower, actually, 4 is me being nice  :loser:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #446 on: October 08, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
Cold really deserves more than 4/10. Nice song.
Definitely. I'd have sent the opener from that album instead, which is quite more epic and a bit less repetitive, but I guess Parama's tastes aren't that easy to read :lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #447 on: October 08, 2015, 12:04:03 PM »
i was tempted to rate it lower, actually, 4 is me being nice  :loser:

Well then you should rate it lower. Go on.

I'm not buying your apologies and :lol's anyways.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:20 PM »
Nah, the 4 is fine as is. Just wish I could get more into the song but bleh.

Offline 425

« Reply #449 on: October 08, 2015, 12:48:18 PM »
please do not send me light of day, day of darkness for round 8, there's a variety of reasons why i won't accept it  :lol

Things I should have said...  :biggrin:

Cool, figured you'd like the Yes but probably not love it, so that score is pretty good for what I was expecting. I'll send for round 8 today today.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #450 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »
Damn, Parama is picky.  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #451 on: October 08, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »
it's true and for that I apologize  :lol

a lot of the time I'm not even really too sure of my own taste

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #452 on: October 08, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »
Hey, you like what you like  :tup

Offline LordCost

« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
Hey LordCost, good things came out of that 2, for instance, I feel better about my own score now.
We should do a playout round :D

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #454 on: October 08, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
i'm a little sad that i don't have a roulette for dumping songs on people right now, maybe i should rush the last few rounds here and skip having a final EP round so that the next roulette can start up sooner  :P

i probably won't but I'll definitely try to stay under 2 months and the EP round will probably get axed if it looks like I won't be staying under 2 months, oops  :lol