Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 40025 times)

Offline nattmorker

Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
I finally caught up with last season, I really liked it. I agree that somewhere in the middle of season 3 the show begin to be really good. So, we are now in the midseason finale, let's see how they continue with the rest of the season.

I didn't understand if John (Morgan's friend) was alive at the end, I guess he could be recovering in the vehicle as the others were by the fire finishing telling the story.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »
I didn't understand if John (Morgan's friend) was alive at the end, I guess he could be recovering in the vehicle as the others were by the fire finishing telling the story.

I took it as they did save him and he was just in the vehicle recovering.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #317 on: June 26, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
I'm still amazed that they killed off Madison.  It's nice to see that the showrunners took Kim Dickens' concerns into consideration and let her go out in a sacrificial way to save her kids. 

I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes in the back half of the season - they've completed the arc with the Vultures, and likely the majority of the flashback storytelling....so now it's all moving forward.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #318 on: June 26, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
FTWD at this point is far more compelling than TWD. Better characters, better story being told and better acting.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2018, 03:56:01 PM »
Sidenote: I stumbled upon a live music clip on facebook with a singer called Rubén Blades...wait a minute I know that face. Googled and hey it's Daniel Salazar which apparently is a huge salsa singer icon in his home country Panama. He even once run for presidency in Panama.  :lol

I love finding random facts like that on people you only know from a character on TV.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #320 on: September 28, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Wow, I didn't know that. I searched him on youtube, it's funny to watch him singing and thinking about him as Daniel.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
I pretty much liked the season finale.  Overall, it was a great season - I loved having Morgan tie the two shows together, and hearing him talk about his friends and Alexandria in Fear was so neat to hear on a show that is in the same universe, but has always been separated by distance. 

I was truly hoping that they would combine the shows at the end, with the talk of everyone going to Virgina, but that was overruled by creating a new, small community to help others (and vanquish their new villain in the second half of the season).  The main show was always about creating a little hope where none exists, so that was a nice touch....though it will likely fall to pieces next season.   :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2018, 12:25:09 PM »
I dug the first half of the season a lot. Pretty strong and was on a good track. Second half of the season was a train wreck and destroyed any of the ground the show had made up with that awesome third season and strong first half.

The ‘crazy lady’ character and storyline for the last 4-5 episodes was atrocious. Horribly written and completely irrelevant. They tried to ruin Morgan’s character with the whole  ‘won’t kill’ anyone and that everyone can be saved in the flagship show and inexplicably carried it over to this show and about ruined him again.

Really disappointed with the finale and direction they took the back half of the season.  Total bore fest and had the same storytelling issues the main show had been suffering from. No coincidence being that Gimple took over the direction of that show as well.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #323 on: November 03, 2018, 01:58:36 PM »
Such a boring ending, would have been interesting to see them go to Virginia and connect the two shows but of course Morgan changed his mind at the last second, stupid tease by the writers. That whole story arc with that crazy lady was so boring.

Overall I found myself more annoyed about everything this season, such a shame when the last season was such a breath of fresh air for the show.  :-\

*Slight spoilers for TWD and me rambling on*
Btw I recently decided to dive into TWD again after a couple of years break. I completly lost interest in the show after S06. Saw S07 and S08, can't watch S09 unfourtunately so i'm avoiding the main thread.
I'm not sure what to say honestly, in the end I actually enjoyed Negan as a character. I just hate how the show always takes 1 step forward and the suddenly 2 steps back, it gets so annoying after a while.
I was so annoyed that Rick never mentioned to anyone about the Heli he saw that later shows up with Negan and that lady, stuff like that really annoys me.
Another thing that bugs me is how little the show explores what actually caused the outbreak, at this point I want something completly diffrent to happen instead of another season of killfest. I'm so tired of them fighting other groups all the time but of course that's probably why they have so many seasons.
I think my main problem with the show is that I simply don't care about any characters in the show either TWD or FTWD anymore and that is a problem when the entire focus of the show(s) is the characters and the people.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:17:37 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »
First episode was pretty Blah. On the heels of that horrible second half last year and the fact there’s just too much other good content out there to invest in....I’ll be a sport and give them two, maybe three more episodes to earn my viewership rights.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #325 on: June 05, 2019, 06:08:50 AM »
I'm intrigued by a few things that will keep me watching:

1.  Daniel's back! 
2.  The logo on the paperwork that Al was looking at at the end is the same logo that was on the helicopter that took Jadis and Rick on the main show.  So they are now using Fear to do some universe-building and expanding. 
3.  Dwight is crossing over to Fear this season.

We'll see where it all goes.  I still enjoy all of the characters on this show.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »
I've enjoyed this season so far, there are some things I don't like (the splitting of the bullet with the axe  :yeahright)  but it is an overall entertaining show to watch. I really liked the return of Dwight!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »
I've enjoyed this season so far, there are some things I don't like (the splitting of the bullet with the axe  :yeahright)  but it is an overall entertaining show to watch. I really liked the return of Dwight!

I’m still with it. I thought the last couple episodes were good. That first one was rough. Dwight being back is a cool layer to the show now.

Offline Grappler

« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2019, 06:13:18 AM »
I'm still watching too....and love John Dorie, so I have no problem with his trick shots and splitting the bullet.   :metal   This universe hasn't ever had a gunslinger, so it's fun to watch him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #329 on: October 04, 2019, 09:39:29 AM »
Ooof. Man, this show is just a roller coaster. And not in a good way. It's been really good at times but when it's not it is REALLY bad. And, IMO.....the last 3-4 episodes including the finale were REALLY bad. Like...laughable bad.

The show for whatever reason utterly refuses to kill off any of the 'main' cast.....every now and then will kill off some no namer.....but treats the main cast as untouchable. The last main cast member to die was the Mom and that was almost (2) full seasons ago.

The story is just unbearable at this point.....as well as Morgan's character. To bring him to this show then trash his character the way they did is actually par for course when you think about Gimple's track record. I have zero motivation to watch next season, especially with the utterly ridiculous way they ended it. Completely 'unbelievable' (i know its a zombie show) in the way that group would allow themselves to be split up like that.

Anyway....I say I'm done watching yet I'm mildly curious as to how much more bad it can get  :lol  So I'll probably start off watching next season just to see. But this show has long jumped the shark for me.

Here's hoping the next spin off can learn from this train wreck and maybe be good?

Offline Grappler

« Reply #330 on: October 04, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »
I lost interest in this season completely.  Didn't watch episode 15 at all, then barely paid attention to the season finale.  I'm tired of the "documentary" thing that they're doing and the altruistic notion that they need to help everyone.  They introduced the people that took Rick in the helicopter, but haven't followed through with anything other than the one episode that involved them.  It was worldbuilding/universe building.  Having Dwight jump ship was fun, but the overall story didn't do much for me at all.  Still love John Dorie though.

The new bad guys are very much in the vein of The Saviors, which we've seen before...."we're taking you over and you now work for us."  Virginia is so boring.  At least with Negan, he has some personality, despite being an asshole.

I'll probably keep tabs on the series.  They really just need to march everyone east and join this series with the main series.  I though they'd do that last year, when Morgan was deciding to head home, but they didn't. 

Offline New World Rushman

« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2019, 11:45:28 AM »
Stolen for a Reddit discussion:

Cool so they're doing the "split everyone up so we only have to pay two actors an episode" thing they've always done plus the Glenn under a dumpster/season 6 finale cliffhanger bullshit they clearly didn't learn from. Season 6 writes itself!

Episode 1: Charlie centric of course!

Episode 2: We finally learn Morgan's fate; he gets up and walks away from the 6 walkers and finds a horse to ride.

Episode 3: Alicia and Wes paint fences under duress, and also kiss?!!?!?!

Episode 4: Althea starts doing journalism in a new medium like a newspaper or something.

etc. etc. etc.
------------------------
Episode 5: meow. Skidmark episode. Skidmark looking for Daniel :( (prob. the only thing worth watching)

Episode 6: John and June try to solve their marriage problems. Can they get Dr. Phil into this show?

Episode 7: All other background disappear. We see nothingness for entire episode.

Episode 8: All survivors suddenly know what it is.

Episode 9: Everyone's clear.

Episode 10: Everyone' ready to HEEEEEELP.
------------------------
What if 6.1 focuses on Skidmark. We see skidmark scared and alone in his cat carrier. Then we cut to flashbacks of Daniel training Skidmark, like a sort of Eye of the Tiger montage. Then Skidmark busts the hell out of his cat carrier and stealthily takes down Virginia's dudes at this outpost one by one. Skidmark vows to reclaim his humans, no matter how much carnage will be left in his wake.

With each new episode, Skidmark rescues one of the main characters and leads an attack on one of Virginia's communities. After rescuing Alicia, Strand, Luciana, Al, John, and Dwight, Skidmark realizes it is time for the midseason finale and there is only one character left who matters: Daniel. Skidmark leads an attack on Virginia's hq. They kill 100 of her people and only Virginia is left. Skidmark has a gun and she is cornered on the roof, but she is holding June hostage! Skidmark shoots them both in the head and they fall off the roof. Skidmark walks off toward the sunset with Daniel, all the while wondering why he bothered to get involved with these bozos. Daniel admits he was drunk on Jimbo's Beerbos throughout the whole thing.

Morgan arrives for the midseason premiere, and takes the remaining characters to a better show. The others are never heard from again.

:lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »
Stolen for a Reddit discussion:

Cool so they're doing the "split everyone up so we only have to pay two actors an episode" thing they've always done plus the Glenn under a dumpster/season 6 finale cliffhanger bullshit they clearly didn't learn from. Season 6 writes itself!

Episode 1: Charlie centric of course!

Episode 2: We finally learn Morgan's fate; he gets up and walks away from the 6 walkers and finds a horse to ride.

Episode 3: Alicia and Wes paint fences under duress, and also kiss?!!?!?!

Episode 4: Althea starts doing journalism in a new medium like a newspaper or something.

etc. etc. etc.
------------------------
Episode 5: meow. Skidmark episode. Skidmark looking for Daniel :( (prob. the only thing worth watching)

Episode 6: John and June try to solve their marriage problems. Can they get Dr. Phil into this show?

Episode 7: All other background disappear. We see nothingness for entire episode.

Episode 8: All survivors suddenly know what it is.

Episode 9: Everyone's clear.

Episode 10: Everyone' ready to HEEEEEELP.
------------------------
What if 6.1 focuses on Skidmark. We see skidmark scared and alone in his cat carrier. Then we cut to flashbacks of Daniel training Skidmark, like a sort of Eye of the Tiger montage. Then Skidmark busts the hell out of his cat carrier and stealthily takes down Virginia's dudes at this outpost one by one. Skidmark vows to reclaim his humans, no matter how much carnage will be left in his wake.

With each new episode, Skidmark rescues one of the main characters and leads an attack on one of Virginia's communities. After rescuing Alicia, Strand, Luciana, Al, John, and Dwight, Skidmark realizes it is time for the midseason finale and there is only one character left who matters: Daniel. Skidmark leads an attack on Virginia's hq. They kill 100 of her people and only Virginia is left. Skidmark has a gun and she is cornered on the roof, but she is holding June hostage! Skidmark shoots them both in the head and they fall off the roof. Skidmark walks off toward the sunset with Daniel, all the while wondering why he bothered to get involved with these bozos. Daniel admits he was drunk on Jimbo's Beerbos throughout the whole thing.

Morgan arrives for the midseason premiere, and takes the remaining characters to a better show. The others are never heard from again.

:lol

:lol   what's sad is the first four guesses there are probably spot on.   It's baffling to me how this show has went from pretty good in S3 when they were on the survivalist Ranch.....to just laughable. It's sooooo bad right now. The people who write the dialogue for these characters need to be replaced immediately by folks who aren't in high school.