Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 39962 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2016, 10:08:28 AM »
Definitely interested and i'm sad to say more than TWD.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »
I'd really love to hear Domingo do some voice acting for some video games and anime, that'd be a real treat.

But yeah it's good to know my two favorites will be sticking around for at least a while longer. I also really like that this show is using non-American actors using completely perfect American accents. I mean, not that it's difficult to use an American accent cause our phonetics are pig shit but it's just funny. I remember seeing Dillane in Sens8 and then watching this thinking "Ahhhh THAT'S where I seen't yew!"

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2016, 07:48:29 PM »
I'd really love to hear Domingo do some voice acting for some video games and anime, that'd be a real treat.

But yeah it's good to know my two favorites will be sticking around for at least a while longer. I also really like that this show is using non-American actors using completely perfect American accents. I mean, not that it's difficult to use an American accent cause our phonetics are pig shit but it's just funny. I remember seeing Dillane in Sens8 and then watching this thinking "Ahhhh THAT'S where I seen't yew!"

Same with TWD. Rick and The Governor have British accents.
I think the daughter in FTWD is Australian? Hot too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #178 on: January 09, 2016, 08:06:54 PM »

And Morgan and Maggie.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: January 09, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

And Morgan and Maggie.....

I didn't even know about Morgan. What's his normal accent?
I knew about Maggie (I was watching some interviews only yesterday), but her natural accent isn't as much of a departure. I think many of the southern accents are put on for the series. I can't imagine Eugene really sounds like that. It must be the mullet's fault. :lol
Lauren Cohan's normal accent is actually kind of odd. It sounds..... actually it sounds exactly like a mixture of the places she's lived. :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2016, 08:25:42 PM »
Yeah I knew of all the British/Australian actors on TWD; a lot of shows are doing it these days and I really like it. I didn't know (or 'remember') that Dillane was British till I saw him again on Sens8. Same thing for Carey (chick who plays Alicia...whose first name is also 'Alycia'). I mean, god damn it must be easy to do an American accent no matter what region you're emulating.  :lol

She was also in the god-fucking-awful show The 100 (or as everyone says it in the show 'THE HUNDRED') and the only reason to watch it is the very sensual girl-girl make-out sesh between her and the lead chick. Jesus fucking christ it was such a horrible show.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2016, 08:40:57 PM »
Morgan's Brittish also....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2016, 08:47:28 PM »
Morgan's Brittish also....

Damn. Even though I'm not American, they've all convinced me. Not like watching old Hercules/Xena episodes with endless horrible New Zealand actors doing awful accents. :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2016, 10:08:55 PM »
Judging from the teeth.....I believe all the Walkers are as well.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2016, 02:55:29 AM »
Apply cold water to burned area.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2016, 03:12:59 AM »

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »
Judging from the teeth.....I believe all the Walkers are as well.
https://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/17/health/british-american-bad-teeth-study/

:P

....was using the popular stereotype for a bit of fun, then here you go and get a 'technical'.... :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2016, 08:29:25 AM »
Pffffft, you can use "facts" to prove anything. What's the fun in that?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2016, 12:00:35 PM »
Really looking forward to S02 and i'm surprised how non-active this thread is given it starts tomorrow.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:04 PM »
I haven't looked at any previews etc for S2 because I want to go in fresh (wish I could for TWD), but I'll be watching. :tup

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »
I'll be watching, but nothing captivated me about it in season 1.  It was well-done, but seemed kinda sterile for some reason.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2016, 02:39:41 PM »
I'll be watching, but nothing captivated me about it in season 1.  It was well-done, but seemed kinda sterile for some reason.

Yeah...the shortened season seemed like a long introduction more than anything. I like the zombie genre so it's pretty tough to lose me as a viewer....but I am curious to see how a full second season plays out.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2016, 07:39:21 PM »
I atleast thought it was a refreshing show compared to TWD. I haven't seen any previews because as Blob mentioned I wanna go in fresh.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »
I just saw that the 2nd season is going to be 15 episodes. My thoughts on this show is that it will go the same path as TWD with several filler episodes, even more annoying characters, somewhat interesting tidbits sprinkled across some episodes,etc.
I'm watching this first episode of the second season and am 30 mins into and already so freaking bored.

...and the episode was crap. I'm out.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:58:43 PM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2016, 06:38:16 AM »
already so freaking bored.

Man.....what a poor decision to move this story to the ocean like that. Wow. That was rough and I don't see how it gets better unless they get these folks off that boat like now. I'll give it another episode or two....

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2016, 06:40:06 AM »
I gave up on this show 4 or 5 episodes into the first season. There is no need for this show and it just reeks of $$$$$ grabbing by AMC.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2016, 06:55:28 AM »

Man.....what a poor decision to move this story to the ocean like that. Wow. That was rough and I don't see how it gets better unless they get these folks off that boat like now. I'll give it another episode or two....

I don't know if this was verified or not but apparently this is going to be similar to how season 2 of TWD was with the farm. This season is all about the boat.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2016, 08:09:49 AM »

I don't know if this was verified or not but apparently this is going to be similar to how season 2 of TWD was with the farm. This season is all about the boat.

:facepalm:   They don't have compelling enough characters to pull that off. At least in TWD they had characters that could keep you around....there's only so much you can do with the 'boat' idea. They're already going for the whole 'pirate' aspect with them about to be found and raided. I'm sure there's a 'mutiny' in the mix against the Captain....maybe one of them will get scurvy also.  :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »

I was coming here to post that I fast-forwarded through A LOT of the episode last night.  We're talking TWD season 2 levels of fast-forwarding through boring stuff.  :lol
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2016, 08:54:17 AM »
Man, you guys are tough to please  :lol I thought it was a decent episode.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2016, 09:14:21 AM »
Right now I don't have much of a connection with any of the characters or their relationships.

The raft/boat of survivors was interesting regarding if they should have stopped or not (they, well Strand, definitely made the right decision there).  And for me about the most/only compelling thing going for the show at this moment is what Strand has planned for this group.  What does he know, if anything?

I don't care one bit about the one kid who just lost his mom (that sounds harsh :lol)  I was kind of hoping the zombies would get him on the beach.
Winger would be better!

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2016, 10:25:57 AM »
I generally agree with you guys - what is it about these characters (actors?) that makes me not give a crap about them?  In TWD I care a lot more about them.  Even the leads/parents seem to have gotten minimal development to the point that I wouldn't be very affected if they were killed.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2016, 03:29:14 PM »
Maybe because we're only 7 episodes in?  :lol I know I didn't care about the majority of the characters on TWD after 7 episodes. I do think Travis is a good character and the best actor on the show.

I must say I do enjoy the scenery on this show though; it's refreshing after watching 6 seasons of TWD where they are seemingly going in circles and running into group after group every season. Not sure why people are already complaining about the "boat idea" after 1 episode.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2016, 03:34:56 PM »
Yeah the boat could be fine.  For some reason TWD was a lot clearer with getting you to attach to the characters faster.  The moment when Rick reunited with Lori and Carl should've done it for you, and that was in episode 2.  Then you had his interactions with Shane, and everything stemming from that.  The stories are different, and I'm not willing to write it off yet since it's different, but 7 episodes in and they offed one of the most easily-killable characters (the mom) and the old guy's wife (didn't even remember she existed til she was mentioned in this episode), and it hasn't had any impact.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
Maybe because we're only 7 episodes in?  :lol I know I didn't care about the majority of the characters on TWD after 7 episodes. I do think Travis is a good character and the best actor on the show.

I must say I do enjoy the scenery on this show though; it's refreshing after watching 6 seasons of TWD where they are seemingly going in circles and running into group after group every season. Not sure why people are already complaining about the "boat idea" after 1 episode.
Yea I also think it's refreshing and it's a bit diffrent pace then TWD. Do I care much about these characters so far...no but I can assure you I don't give a single crap about anyone in TWD at this point either.  :lol

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
I watched this on Comcast on-demand and the best part of the show was the 2 minute preview of the new show 'Preacher'.  Of course the show itself may suck, but that was intense.

I agree that the show does not have strong enough characters to pull it off with a whole season on the boat.

And remember that it is my fucking boat.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2016, 04:21:03 AM »
Finally saw the S2 opener. That was a really dull opening episode. I don't care about these characters, the idiot kid was being an idiot and getting them into trouble, and I don't think I could watch much more of them on the boat, it's not an interesting setting, and it avoids a lot of the decay of society that I was hoping to see that TWD didn't get to do. Strand and Nick are the only characters I remotely like. And I hope the ending isn't an indicator that we're already getting TWD style generic bad guys. YOU HAVE ZOMBIES. USE THEM.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2016, 06:23:03 AM »
and it avoids a lot of the decay of society that I was hoping to see that TWD didn't get to do.

so much this.  When they flew past that last season, I pretty much lost hope for the show.
Winger would be better!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2016, 04:28:10 AM »
Much better episode than the first one. There was a nice slow buildup to the ending, and a change of scenery and characters. Strand and Nick continue to be the clear standout characters. The ocean walkers were cool.

"Children are the definition of dead weight." :lol I said the exact same thing at the start of the episode.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2016, 06:30:32 AM »
Yesterday morning, I finally got around to watching Season 1 and the first episode of season 2. I'm loving this show so far. Only character I truly hate is Alex (I think that's his name), the kid who's mom got put down on the beach. What a blood belching vagina that kid is. What a puss.

I'm actually really excited about the rest of this season. With TWD, we've seen them in cities, woods, prisons, gated communities, farms, etc.. but nothing ever really near water. I'm perfectly happy with the boat scenario so far and I can't wait to see how it plays out.