Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 39968 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2015, 12:11:18 AM »
Indeed. That's another reason I never really cared much for that character.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:50 AM »
Thought that was a really good episode last night. Loved how they showed the deterioration of the Military, the moral and the command aspect of it and getting that insight into the triage area was need also. I loved that new character they introduced in the detaining cell.....at first I thought he was part of the government just hassling people but alas....he's just a dude who already has it figured out.

With a voice smooth as butter. I'm interested to see what he does with Nick.

Yes, I like the guy.  Anyone remember the movie Congo?  The black guy that lead the group thru the jungle had a voice very much like the guy in this show.  Also, please let Tobias still be alive.  He was much more interesting than the other kids on the show.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
I don't get why everyone loves that Tobias guy. I never cared about him. And as we saw in the scene at the school, he doesn't know shit about survival, no matter how much he's learned on the internet.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:06 PM »
^ +1
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »
^ -1  Ha ha....I took your plus one away.... :lol

just kidding.

I don't get why everyone loves that Tobias guy. I never cared about him. And as we saw in the scene at the school, he doesn't know shit about survival, no matter how much he's learned on the internet.

I'm not in love with the character....but I think the appeal may be because he already kind of 'knew' where society was going before most others. And, the fact that he may have hoarded some survival items/weapons is alluring.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »
I didn't get what the sultry voiced black guy's deal was?  Is he a drug dealer?  Looks well off, realised that Nick was dopesick and not infected, wondered if he was protecting a potential future investment?  That would be interesting, keeping Nick as a pet, feeding him drugs in exchange for zombie duties or whatever I dunno, fellatio duties.

Daniel is awesome, I loved the monologue at the sink where he revealed his nastiness.

Travis' wife is hands down THE MOST annoying character in the TWD TV universe, more so than Andrea or Lori - at least those guys had some semblance of emotion.  If next season rolls around and she's still around with that dumb as fuck furrowed eyebrow, blank as fuck, may-as-well-be-a-zombie look I may have to drop the show... or take a piss during her scenes at least.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »
He was so over the top and seemed to be deluded that I figured he was just some insane guy, but by the end I actually really liked that he was so over the top. It's weird, because the acting itself doesn't seem over the top, but the character himself seems to be doing it in a very blatant, obvious fashion; as he's meant to be that way. I'm interested in him and would like to see him more, especially with how observant he is, knowing that Nick was detoxing instead of infected and how he's already played the guards and knows his 'role', as he spoke of. Really neat intro, that's for sure.

As for Tobias, like Gman said, it's not that I love the character...he's a tubby 'lil shite whose more than likely not coming back, but it was interesting to me that he caught on so quickly and seemingly knew that shit was going to go down without anyone else in the show having that kind of '4th wall breakage' of knowing what zombies were, knowing the genre either in their on world with movies/games and such which does not seem to be present in TWD-verse (not that he said he knew about zombies, but I think it was clear he knew some kind of disease was spreading and that they were going to attack). That's about it, and if they did bring his character back, it could be interesting, but the interest ends there. At this point I don't think he's coming back and I'm okay with that. But at the time he was introduced, all the other characters with the exception of Nick were completely blind or in straight up denial.

I don't mind Mexican-old-man's stories, they're entertaining enough, but now it's wearing thin. If it continues to be his 'thing', it'll get annoying to me; but at this point I just see it as expanding his character, his past, and how he became so morally skewed and lost his way. Again, as I said before, he clearly is not a totally corrupt man, he still loves his family and is willing to do anything to get it, but it's just that he's doing it in a way that is destructive. Hell, if one of my family was taken...not that I have many morals or much of a conscience as it is when it comes down to me being between a rock and a hard place...but if they were taken, especially by militants...all that goes like a fart in the wind. But as for the character himself...not so much interesting as it is interesting to see where he's going and if he goes completely nuts. Clearly there's a breaking point and I can see him being the one to break first.

One last thing...I really abhor Travis' ex-wife. She was in Orange Is The New Black and I vehemently hated her in that, as a character I mean, and she's not as much of a piece of shit in this, but she's even more stupid... I'd very much appreciate seeing her as walker-food soon.

Speaking of...now that we are in the finale, who do you guys think will be the first to be bit? I mean, maybe the surprise will be that no one bites the dust in this finale...but if so, who's betting? I think (other than just hoping) that Travis' ex-wife will be one of the first to go, especially because she's in what is closest to being 'ground zero'...and ALL quarantines are 'ground zeroes' (METALGEARSOLID) in some shape or form eventually (certainly this place thanks to that...zombie stadium). But I think another good bet is one of the kids. Now, that would be pretty radical, I think, given the nature of the show at this point, but it'd certainly be out of left field. If I'd pick any, I'd say Travis' son...and I'm also biased cause he's a little shit muffin who is ripe with ignorance and that horrible teen angst that is in all actuality, just being a brat. I don't think any of the main adults will bite it yet, and if I were to bet on any of them, other than Travi's ex-wife, I'd say the Mexican-story-teller.

(I've noticed that the more sober I get...the longer my posts get....FFFFFFFFFFFFF-)

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2015, 04:42:47 PM »
I think Travys son and the mexican man are the most likely to go.  But I'd be really happy if blonde wife died.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
I liked her in the beginning because she's a great actress (at least she was in Gone Girl and...another movie that's escaping me at the moment), but yeah she's getting on my nerves in this one. I don't dislike her, certainly not as much as some other characters (which might be why), but I wouldn't mind seeing her going. And now that I think on it, that's a good bet considering she is one of the higher-profile actresses on the show and I think is probably the most likely to have upcoming gigs (although I don't wanna spoil it for myself by IMDB-ing or anything, so I'll ask others to not post those things if they do). I know stuff like that usually doesn't interfere with things, but given that she has been in some high profile films, I could see her only having a one-season contract just to see where this goes and move back into film.

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »
He was so over the top and seemed to be deluded that I figured he was just some insane guy, but by the end I actually really liked that he was so over the top. It's weird, because the acting itself doesn't seem over the top, but the character himself seems to be doing it in a very blatant, obvious fashion; as he's meant to be that way. I'm interested in him and would like to see him more, especially with how observant he is, knowing that Nick was detoxing instead of infected and how he's already played the guards and knows his 'role', as he spoke of. Really neat intro, that's for sure.

I thought he was a pretty neat character....and one of the only characters thus far that actually have some substance, and I credit that to his acting. He sold me on that guy....whoever that guy is that actor made me believe he was real and intrigued to find out more. Which is more than I can say for a couple of the main characters....but I'm still patient in that aspect.

Speaking of...now that we are in the finale, who do you guys think will be the first to be bit?

I still think it's Travis. I think they are setting this series up for (what's her name) Travis' now GF/Wife to be the 'Rick Grimes' of that show. I think they are playing opposite day. She's a strong chic...Rick is strong. It took quite some time for Rick to 'come around' to how to operate in that world....I think she is going to start killing Walkers and people right out of the gate. Who knows though?? We shall see.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
What's wrong with Travis' ex? She's been nothing but helpful.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2015, 04:40:46 AM »
Eh, if you watch Orange Is The New Black first, you can't get over her cunty-ness. She's just that one dumb bitch to me now. I don't hate her in this, but it's like if I see Hugh Laurie in something, he's just House to me. Except in this case I hate her.  :lol

Yeah, her character in this is okay. I JUST WANT TO SEE PEOPLE DIE, OKAY!?  :police:

(I've been up since 6 and haven't slept yet...it's almost 6 again...because...I'm insane)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:51:37 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2015, 07:34:43 AM »
I get the same vibe from her that I used to get from Andrea..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »
Speaking of...now that we are in the finale, who do you guys think will be the first to be bit?

I still think it's Travis. I think they are setting this series up for (what's her name) Travis' now GF/Wife to be the 'Rick Grimes' of that show. I think they are playing opposite day. She's a strong chic...Rick is strong. It took quite some time for Rick to 'come around' to how to operate in that world....I think she is going to start killing Walkers and people right out of the gate. Who knows though?? We shall see.

I really like your theory, only because it would make a lot of sense and just be awesome to have a strong woman lead the spinoff, but I really don't want Kim Dickens to be that woman.  I also think they may have put too much development into Travis to just off him first season, Sean Bean style.  But then that's quite an attractive idea again, if Travis goes, then its up to his tattered anus of a family to stick together without the guy that holds them together. 

God I can't get over the fact that the blonde wife might be the main character for the rest of the show :/ she's the top billed cast member... fuck I don't think I could handle that. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2015, 09:17:24 PM »
Pretty good way to end the season I'd say. I certainly didn't peg the nurse lady from OITNB to be the one offed. I still wished all the teenage kids were bitten and burned in that pile. 😁
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2015, 03:42:03 AM »
I would have been ok with most of them being offed, but the ex works for me, and double bonus for having the guy do it. Toughen him up a bit. Probably the best episode so far. Probably because of all the walkers, and making them fight through them.

Strand is possibly my new favourite character. I hope he lasts a little while. Speaking of which, check out his character bio on imdb, assuming it hasn't been changed yet. :lol (I'd post a pic myself but I can't remember any of my passwords on this thing to upload it)
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2015, 04:05:31 AM »
And if he intentionally let out all the infected in the arena I might just facepalm myself to death, come back as a walker, then facepalm myself to death again.

Yep.

Honestly though, this was incredibly average, with some moments of good thrown in. One of which was when Nick and Strand were stuck behind the locked door, another was the whole ending bit. But other than that, there wasn't really much I liked here.

Disappointing finale. I might watch next season, if I'm bored.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »
Strand is possibly my new favourite character. I hope he lasts a little while. Speaking of which, check out his character bio on imdb, assuming it hasn't been changed yet. :lol (I'd post a pic myself but I can't remember any of my passwords on this thing to upload it)

He'll last until they bring in another black character.  ;)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Strand is possibly my new favourite character. I hope he lasts a little while.
Definitely, easily the best character so far.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2015, 09:18:34 PM »
I thought it was a great episode overall and HELLZ YES on the Mexi-ex biting the dust. Completely okay with her being the one to go. I love Strand and how seemingly crazy yet suave and survivalist he is (really liked the part about not letting the other people out because they'd get in the way/slow them down). Also, did anyone catch that they casually just threw in that these people already know that you come back no matter what!? I thought that was brilliant. 1. The audience knows, so there is no suspense to keeping it a secret and trying to make a thing of it whenever it's revealed and 2. given that they were in a ground zero of sorts with all the so-called 'quarantined' (fucked), it makes complete sense for them to know. I really, really liked that part and how nonchalant it was (well, other than the ex's blabbering). For all the shit I give her, she actually wasn't too annoying to me in this and I was kind of warming up to her. Still totally okay that she's gone.  :lol

Overall I thought it was a pretty damn good finale. That was hilarious the way that the old man just casually walked over, knowing there was literally a horde of walkers mere steps behind him, "Nice night...save your bullets".  :rollin What a fuckin' badass. I hate yet love his character. The one part that I thought was weird as hell was the fact that the guy who was tortured randomly shot the woman he was screwing? I mean, I know they weren't shown to be these crazy in love people but whaaaaaa-? I suppose he was nuts. But that led to a really neat moment of Travis finally letting go and showing the anger, I really liked that and it showed that he's not just this naive man who will only kill RIGHT BEFORE he's about to die (not that he killed him but he might as well have...one might say he left him for an even more torturous death). Unleash the beast, Travis.

Now it's time...

ZOMBIES ON A BOAT!! I love that they're showing this because holy hell would that be the first place I go to. A boat, and then a relatively big island with a shitload of trees that are hopefully filled with food and an island of nomnom animals. I can't wait to see where they go with this but I'm excited. Great start! I'm also simultaneously terrified yet excited about a 13-episode S2 (er..maybe more? I can't remember how many they said). It's either going to be slow as hell and pull another TWD S2 or it's gonna evenly pace it out and hopefully have what we had this season which, in my opinion anyway, was a great balance of story, development of characters/the world and some action sprinkled in. I'm guessing we'll have some more slower episodes, especially if they do make it out on that boat for a while, but hopefully that boat won't be a parallel to the motherfucking farm. That...god...damn...farm...SOPHIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Now it's gonna be...ABIGAAAAAAIIIIIIIIILLLLLL!!! Gawd, I hope not. Also glad Abigail is a boat and not his kid because that'd be way too predictable. But he WAS looking at a picture before they went out to the scope...and the boat is already pretty far out on the water...like I said...MOTHERFUCKIN' ZOMBIES ON A BOOOOAAAAAAT! *Caffeine*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:50:27 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »
I might've missed it but in case no one has posted it yet:

Zombies On A Place: Ep 1 of 16.

Ed: Annnnd I realized it was a minute and a half right when I posted it. GOD DAMN IT, AMC.  :lol Whatevs...I suppose I'll wait till we have something substantial... Cause I will totally forget about anything happening at 1 minute at a time, for real.

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2015, 08:26:47 AM »
I might've missed it but in case no one has posted it yet:

Zombies On A Place: Ep 1 of 16.

Ed: Annnnd I realized it was a minute and a half right when I posted it. GOD DAMN IT, AMC.  :lol Whatevs...I suppose I'll wait till we have something substantial... Cause I will totally forget about anything happening at 1 minute at a time, for real.

Yeah I saw that. It's going to be (16) of those released a minute at a time. and the nugget is one of the survivors from the plane crash will join the cast in season 2.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »
I'd be really disappointed if it was the very obvious emphasis put on the militant-looking woman. But I think it might be.

And yeah, definitely gonna wait..that's just crazy. I mean, I know webisodes are usually short but if you're gonna do that many...just combine at least a couple or a few of them and cut the total in half.

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
I'd be really disappointed if it was the very obvious emphasis put on the militant-looking woman. But I think it might be.

And yeah, definitely gonna wait..that's just crazy. I mean, I know webisodes are usually short but if you're gonna do that many...just combine at least a couple or a few of them and cut the total in half.

I liked the webisodes they were doing a few years ago. the ones that were each 5-6 minutes long, there were what, 4 or 5 of them that told an isolated story? that was neat.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »
Gave up on the show after 4 episodes. After watching the original there is just comparison. I didn't like any of the characters and I just so see how that show can continue on and be interesting.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »
Yeah I definitely don't find the characters as endearing as early on in the regular show.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
I agree. I was really looking forward to this show especially since it's 100% new material and not related to the comics but after watching every episode, I don't find it very interesting and I really don't give a shit what happens to these characters. It's just more time and money that could be spent on bettering the main show. Oh well.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
The problem for me is that generally everyone under the age of 20ish is somewhat unbearable.  I actively hope that Travis' son dies, cause he's annoying as hell, the daughter seems to be worthless, the junkie is a junkie (though he's incrementally more interesting than the others) - are there other kids?  I don't even remember.  They're just playing annoying teenagers and it's hard to have so many of them but also try to be invested in their fates.  I think the two leads are pretty good, and I definitely don't want to make my mind up on the show just yet, but I think back to the rooftop scenes in TWD season 1, and nothing about FTWD approached that type of clarity of character presentation and motive.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2016, 07:23:10 PM »
Awesooome! I'm ready for it. I really enjoyed the vast majority of S1, especially on a binge. I hope they keep up the same creep factor, personality, music and pace that S1 had.

RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »
I liked how season 1 ended, so I'm interested to see what direction they take it now that they're out of the street. This is all of the stuff we didn't get in TWD, with people learning to survive and adapt to a new world, and hopefully there will be less need at this point for the "bad guys of the season" thing that I'm thoroughly sick of.
The junky kid was fun, and I hope the black guy sticks around forever to avert the black guy trope that they've stuck to so far. :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »
The junky kid was fun, and I hope the black guy sticks around forever to avert the black guy trope that they've stuck to so far. :lol

Colman Domingo (the black guy) was signed as a regular for next season. His character is the most interesting thus far (for me). And Frank Dillane did do a really good job in playing Nick...a strung out heroine addict. Those two characters made the first season for me.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2016, 09:02:13 AM »

Colman Domingo (the black guy) was signed as a regular for next season. His character is the most interesting thus far (for me). And Frank Dillane did do a really good job in playing Nick...a strung out heroine addict. Those two characters made the first season for me.

Excellent news. Obviously he'd at least start off the season, but I wasn't sure how quickly they'd dispatch him. While I like seeing the gradual wearing down of their morals to survive, I think I like that those two characters are a bit further along the spectrum, and they're not so uptight.
And I could listen to Colman Domingo's (damn even his name is cool) voice all day.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2016, 09:07:37 AM »
And I could listen to Colman Domingo's (damn even his name is cool) voice all day.

totally this. He could talk you into walking off a cliff...it has such a confident cadence and is oddly soothing.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
Season 1 interested me. I could totally see that as a real life scenario. I'll keep watching to see how things go.