Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 39989 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2015, 11:48:03 PM »
Yes, Proggy, that'd be awesome and I was really surprised when they didn't show anything else in that scene. I was absolutely sure that after hearing how the plane sounded and seeing it swerve erratically like that, there'd be a huge boom soon after but...nothing. So it'd be neat if they saved it for later.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2015, 11:51:53 PM »
I was also expecting a huge boom. WHERE'S MY BOOM?

Seeing a zombie turn situation on a plane would be amazing. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and shooting a gun is risky.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »
I dunno if the actor is doing it on purpose but I feel like his whole acting style very closely resembles Johnny Depp's, in the first two episode I thought it was just cause they kinda look alike to me but in this third episode the scene when the girl with the doll waived good bye to him through the window; his reaction was very Depp-like.
Yea it's definitely something i've noticed but I was unsure if I felt that just because their similar appearance.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2015, 02:28:27 AM »

Seeing a zombie turn situation on a plane would be amazing. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and shooting a gun is risky.

Eh, turned out OK for Brad Pitt. :neverusethis:

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
The plane scene in World War Z was pretty intense. Those zombies were more suited for that situation though, given how fast they were and how quickly they turned.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:02 PM »

Well then....here ya' go!!!

https://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28/walking-dead-airline

Finally had a chance to see the last episode. I really think the 'Dad' is going to be the first one of the group to get munched up by a Walker. He's refusing to admit what's going down as where the Mom already knows the deal it seems. I'm a little confused as to why that truck wasn't looted like the rest of the cars in the street....when they showed up to get in and leave it's just sitting there all nice and ready. Anyway....I think it's a solid show thus far.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
Did nobody watch Ep4 yet? :P

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »
Did nobody watch Ep4 yet? :P

yep. I like how curious and feisty the Mom is. She seems like she's already figured out where this is all headed. The Dad is clueless and still thinks the world will be ok. The whole relocation of anyone sick or questionable was a typical military move and I guess in the absence of having the Walkers to be the main 'enemy', a big evil army is one way to have some sort of feud going.

I still can't figure out why that kid would change back into the old man clothes after he's been home for over a week....swam, all sorts of stuff and he's still sporting the old man clothes?

I'm maintaining the Dad is the first one of that group that gets eaten alive in front of everyone....probably be in the finale.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
I dunno, I thought that the ending with Travis was powerful and signaled that maybe finally he is starting to question things more. I also think the confrontation and the military taking Nick will also affect them. I would say the daughter feels the most useless so far, but her relationship with her brother does open up some doors to explore their fairly interesting connection.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »
I dunno, I thought that the ending with Travis was powerful and signaled that maybe finally he is starting to question things more. I also think the confrontation and the military taking Nick will also affect them. I would say the daughter feels the most useless so far, but her relationship with her brother does open up some doors to explore their fairly interesting connection.

Yeah ya know, you're right about Travis and the end. It did look like he'd turned a corner. The daughter may end up being one of the mainstays it seems. She's level headed and able to adapt pretty quick.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
I liked the episode, despite a meh first few minutes. The kid with the camera on the roof dropped some really wonky exposition. He might as well have been talking directly to a camera. He did, but you know what I mean. The time jump was a bit awkward as well at first, but that feeling went away as the episode moved along.

The scene when Nick got taken was really cool. And I also don't get what everyone's problem is with Travis. His reactions are perfectly logical and realistic to me.

Maddy however... Her cutting the fense and sneaking out was probably the stupidest moment in this show so far for me. I didn't actually say "what the hell are you doing?", but I was thinking it really really loudly. But whatever, nice way to give some info to the audience yo.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2015, 02:05:24 PM »
And I also don't get what everyone's problem is with Travis. His reactions are perfectly logical and realistic to me.

I don't have a problem with him....his actions do seem on par with how a responsible Father/Husband would be acting. I just think he's going to be the first 'big' death of the series....probably in the finale.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
I think a lot of people's hate for Travis is because he plays that naive character who has a hard time grasping what's happening and still believes things can be reversed. It's very easy as a viewer of a tv-show to hate that character, because we as an audience knows that once you become a walker, you're screwed, but the characters don't know that. I think if a zombie apocalypse were to happen in real life, a lot of us would be in that denial stage and hoping for the best instead of accepting the harsh truth. I think Travis is one of the most human characters and has reactions fairly close to what a lot of people would have, but because we as an audience are so used to zombies and know how they work (as well as having seen 5 seasons of Walking Dead by now), we expect the characters to be all out beast-mode and just killing people left and right.

The two parts that are the most important I think: 1. This is still NEW to the group, and the characters have just been thrown into something they don't fully understand yet. (unlike the gang in the normal TWD, who have lived with walkers for a long time) 2. So far this is taking place at home. Seeing your neighbors turn into something you don't fully understand, the people you greet every day, I can understand why he would have a hard time accepting how bad things are.

"Hope is the last thing that abandons you" is a pretty good phrase. Once you accept that the world has fallen and there will never be a zombie-free peaceful life again, you're not the same person anymore. Hoping for the best and not wanting to accept the worst is logical.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 07:06:37 PM »
It was hard to watch the old man struggle when Nick took his IV.  Shows what a drug addict will do for the fix.  Any chance the person signaling from the window is Tobias?

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2015, 12:08:43 AM »
If it was he'd be dead now, so most likely not.

And yeah, lots of people seem to have problems with the characters knowing less than them. Like reviewers and stuff getting annoyed. I just don't get that, is it really so hard to imagine or adjust to? Even with 5 seasons of the main show, I don't get the negative reactions to the characters not being walker killing machine badass people.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
I have absolutely no problem with the characters and their thoughts on the walkers and the situation at hand. My problem is with everyday fucking logic: leaving a door wide open with danger right around the corner; actively putting yourself in harm's way for a fleeting, minute amount of information given by a kid; etc. so on and so forth. That said, this episode, with exception to Madison doing the aforementioned and putting herself in harm's way for a flickering light (that ended up being a moot point by the end of the episode), this episode did a really great job portraying what would most likely occur...it's not as if the military would just up and crumble against some slow, stumbling monsters that merely need a good head-shot. Many people (I'm mainly thinking of other forums and my real life friends) seemed to have this huge problem with the episode not having any zombies and I think that's moronic. The creators already let us know this would be a slow burner and it wouldn't be so quick to go into apocalypse mode. I really liked the episode overall and as others have said, the ending sequence of the army and this doctor taking these people to 'save' them was great.

I'm pretty sure everyone who was taken is fucked with the exception of Nick. I really hope they keep him around as he's my favorite character thus far, not because of his character, but I think his acting is the most concise and well developed; but he's also the most interesting to me. All in all I think this season is setting up something big at the end even though it may not be the finale some dipshits are hoping for. I think it'll still be fun and set up for a hopefully great S2. I personally like the slow burn; it's giving the show a chance to flesh out the characters and develop them a bit more before jumping into some inevitable action, even if it isn't all that much. Good episode overall, especially since not one walker was shown; and I'm kind of glad they didn't show any because it does make it feel a bit more realistic that way. Surely there'd be quarnantine zones, safe-zones, and other areas of relative peace before shit starts to really crumble, if ever so slow (rather, slower than expected for some) until the moment when the shit truly hits the fan.

RIP DTP.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »
The scene with the daughter and her boyfriend on the floodlights, I was like, "he's gonna die, and she's going to prison tat that drawing on to her skin". 

nailed it

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2015, 07:55:04 AM »
The scene with the daughter and her boyfriend on the floodlights, I was like, "he's gonna die, and she's going to prison tat that drawing on to her skin". 

nailed it

Likewise. :lol

I liked this episode, and how they feel like things are being taken care of, when it feels more like shades of the far gone isolated societies we've seen in TWD instead. I still worry that things are moving too fast, but I enjoyed it, and every episode has felt quite different, which makes it less predictable.

The junkie kid is still the most interesting character, and I was kind of hoping he'd get taken away just so that we'd see what was happening to the people who got taken away (My first guess is they're getting the old yeller treatment). Obviously I don't want him to die or anything though.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2015, 11:53:10 AM »
I will probably catch flack, but I was really not thrilled with episode 4. To much scattered scenes. Just felt there are too many subplots and no real connection.  I really liked the first three episodes and hope the remaining 2 have promise.

That said the daughter is smoking hot :metal

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
I didn't care much for it either, really.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2015, 01:47:48 PM »
It was my least favorite episode so far, but I've really enjoyed the start of the series so that isn't saying all that much. Speaking of the episode alone, I enjoyed it. But yeah, as far as comparisons, it was definitely the slowest and most fragmented. But I can see what they're trying to do with setting up a bigger scheme and developing a rift between the main cast, which I appreciated. The last two episodes will hopefully amp up the drama and a bit more action (though again, I'm not expecting anything too crazy). It'll be cool to see Nick in one horrible situation and the rest in another horrible situation.  :lol I'm pretty sure Nick is going to have it the worst though...who knows what kind of concrete hell they'll going to. I'll betcha dollars to doughnuts Nick is going to see the outbreak first. It'd make sense it'll happen in a hospital and/or some kind of quarantine.

RIP DTP.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2015, 01:59:15 PM »

no problem with that statement, but I want to see more Ofelia!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2015, 03:07:36 PM »
That bitch is so dead, mark my words. Probably before the end of S1, but I will be flabbergasted if she makes it into or past S2.  :lol I can feel it. My character-death-senses tingle whilst looking at her...or...maybe....that's something else. EITHER WAY!

RIP DTP.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »

no problem with that statement, but I want to see more Ofelia!
oh I would ofelia her

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2015, 10:05:30 AM »
Thought that was a really good episode last night. Loved how they showed the deterioration of the Military, the moral and the command aspect of it and getting that insight into the triage area was need also. I loved that new character they introduced in the detaining cell.....at first I thought he was part of the government just hassling people but alas....he's just a dude who already has it figured out.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »
Thought that was a really good episode last night. Loved how they showed the deterioration of the Military, the moral and the command aspect of it and getting that insight into the triage area was need also. I loved that new character they introduced in the detaining cell.....at first I thought he was part of the government just hassling people but alas....he's just a dude who already has it figured out.

With a voice smooth as butter. I'm interested to see what he does with Nick.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Didn't love this episode. Felt messy. But there were some things I liked. What comes to mind first is Alicia and Chris trashing the rich family's place. That was cool.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
Also, I don't like Daniel anymore. They seem to be trying to make him this hardened badass, but in this episode he was just plain unlikable. He always was a little, but more than usual here. And if he intentionally let out all the infected in the arena I might just facepalm myself to death, come back as a walker, then facepalm myself to death again. I've given the characters here a lot of slack for not knowing the whole story, but opening those doors are just such a plainly bad idea that I can't look past that. We'll see what happens.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
I'm not so sure they were trying to make him seem 'badass', I actually got exactly what you did, and don't like him as much (although I don't dislike the character); but I thought they were intentionally revealing his darker, true self. Especially with the story of him during war and telling his young child all the gory details. He's clearly very fucked up, and to me that's what they were trying to show, not that he was 'hardened'...I mean, which he is, just in a really bad way. As you said, he went from being stern yet caring to cold and calculating. I like that type of character development though, he's got a really evil side that we didn't see before, and that story as well as the torture scenes brought that to the surface.

I really enjoyed the episode a lot, especially whenever the main dad (I can't remember certain character's names for shit  :lol ) was going to shoot the walker and then couldn't simply because of the name-tag and 'realizing' (remembering) that they were once human. I really think that he's the weakest character so far and yet I don't think he'll be one of the initial characters to die. I really loved the ending scene and...again, I'm not so sure that he's going to open the gates; I think he just wanted to confirm if the soldier was lying, or if there was anything to see, etc. But man...if he does, then yeah, the character is full on fucked in every fashion. At this point, he's really messed up and skewed, morally deranged, but he still seems to want to protect his loved ones, albiet in a very violent way with no regard for those he doesn't love. If he does that though, it's all gone. However, I didn't see that at all...he looked scared shitless.

I'm excited for the finale! I think this was a pretty great start and I really enjoyed the slower exposition. People seem to be thinking that things went to shit quicker than expected but I don't think they realize that...we've seen a minute, tiny little portion of not even the state, but the city alone. I'm betting that once they inevitably get the fuck out of there at the end of the finale (nice parallels to the end of the first season), they'll find that there are pockets of areas that haven't felt the impact as much as this area. I'm sure the bigger cities are fucked by now and/or are about to collapse completely, but it'll be interesting to see if they do any time skips, or show areas that are blinded to it, etc. But the scene with the main dad sitting in the army vehicle while listening to the radio was pretty powerful and kind of lifted the veil on the whole 'there's nothing out there' shtick. That was another great scene. I'm excited to see what the finale and season 2 brings us.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:58:14 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
I didn't get that feeling at all, for me he just seemed to be in need to be sure the Marine told the truth. Maybe i'm missing something though.
Ok so i'm eating my own words right now Oumm nam nam. Turns out he did open the arena after all although I get why.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:13:36 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
No, you may very well be right. I just had the feeling for a second that that's what he would do, and that if he did that, it'd be really stupid. I do think those doors will come open somehow though, I don't think they'd take the time to show the doors and tell the story of how it happened and exactly what's behind them if it wasn't going to lead somewhere.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »
That we can agree, would be one stupid move.  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »
No, you may very well be right. I just had the feeling for a second that that's what he would do, and that if he did that, it'd be really stupid. I do think those doors will come open somehow though, I don't think they'd take the time to show the doors and tell the story of how it happened and exactly what's behind them if it wasn't going to lead somewhere.

Yeah, those doors are going to burst open at some point. Like you said....they'd not have told the story or shown them if they didn't have plans to have them get opened or the Walkers inside to burst through.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
I feel bad for Daniel's inability to converse, answer questions, make statements or express opinions without telling a fucking story, must be difficult to live like that.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
I feel bad for Daniel's inability to converse, answer questions, make statements or express opinions without telling a fucking story, must be difficult to live like that.

My sister and I were so sick of his damn stories. :lol