Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 39986 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2015, 02:56:19 AM »
The kids are a bit annoying, but that's only because NO ONE TELLS THEM WHAT'S GOING ON. Seriously, the dumb decisions the kids make aren't even their fault, no one ever explains what's going on to them. That's my one problem with the episode.

That was really annoying too.

Good episode.  God these kids are annoying!

The dude's son is really annoying so far, although the woman's two kids are fine to me.

I thought the daughter was annoying, how she was about to leave the house.  That was one of those "yeah go on, go you stupid bitch I hope you get eaten" moments.  She could turn out to be this show's Andrea.  Ugh.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2015, 03:22:06 AM »
I agree entirely, I just figured that was the characters' justification. It bugged me when he phoned his ex and didn't just explain what he was calling for.
Yea I thought the exact same thing during that scene however I do know that feeling when your talking to someone on mobile and you realize that explaining something over phone can be tricky especially if the person your talking to have no idea what the hell your talking about, much easier to explain face to face is what i'm trying to say which he of course didn't do either though so yea  :lol well until later that is.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »
So is this show worth watching? I've heard mixed things and I'm on the fence. I don't know if I could handle another show with annoying children. Plus I don't see where the story could go that the original hasn't already touched.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Yes, the show is worth watching.  I really like the drug addict kid and the overweight kid.  He is going to have to learn how to kill if he is going to make it.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2015, 07:49:44 PM »
It's definitely worth watching if you are into this genre. It may not have gotten off to as good a start as TWD did, but I'm still more excited about the show because I'm pretty tired of TWD all together.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
finally watched the episode and I'm enjoying the slow burn of it all. Especially because you 'know' where this is going but watching them figure it out is neat.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2015, 05:53:27 AM »
Also the fact that all or most zombie movies or shows are set in a world where there is no such thing as the concept of zombies makes it more compelling.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2015, 10:25:40 AM »
Dammit, was looking forward to the next episode last night. Arrgh!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
Me too! Completely forgot it wasn't on and got myself all excited to see the next episode. :(
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »
Yeah that was shit, why wasn't it on?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
Yeah that was shit, why wasn't it on?

It was an American holiday weekend, traditionally many "new" episodes do not air on such weekends.  I used the evening to catch up to last weeks episode.  I thought it was good, but I'm surprised how quickly it's spreading.  Obviously if it were in real life, it would spread quickly too, but I think I just thought the show would be more slow paced about life before and just at the moment of infection, looks like everything is starting to go down already in the show.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2015, 08:51:16 PM »
I think that kid Tobias has seen the original TWD show, it's ridiculous how spot on he is from our perspective :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
It was cool seeing him still freak out and completely fail in trying to take a down the principal. I was thinking that it'd be weird if he just took it down like a badass and am glad that despite his knowledge, he's still a newbie like everyone else at this point in the game.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »
This past week I watched the first episode of this and the first episode of The Walking Dead. 

Am I safe?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:36 AM »
from the zombies?  You're gonna need a weapon.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
How about this?

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
This past week I watched the first episode of this and the first episode of The Walking Dead. 

Am I safe?

I'm assuming you know the premise of FTWD. It's that time period of when Rick went into a coma until he came out. The two shows are separate entities so I don't think watching them at the same time will hurt.....heck, it may even been a bit more neat that way.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »
How about this?

actually you'll need something more precise.  the kill rate on that gun would be way too low and you'll eventually run out of ammo.  It's also not very maneuverable so if you had to get away fast, you lose your gun.  And it is probably REALLY LOUD.  You'll end up drawing more of them to you.

Rifle/pistol or some reusable blade or projectile weapon would probably be better.
Winger would be better!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »
 :tup

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2015, 07:32:47 PM »
nevermind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
Pretty good episode, I still just worry they're moving very fast. Society is falling pretty quickly even by episode 3. I wonder how they'll end the first season, maybe with the city getting nuked, or the final breakdown of society.

I love that the kid is still wearing the old gramps clothes after all of this time. It's working for him. :lol

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
Pretty good episode, I still just worry they're moving very fast.

yeah, it's like they're doing a live action "that escalated quickly" meme/gif.  Seems like they could show a lot more interesting/cool things going on before they got to the point where they are now.
Winger would be better!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »
The monopoly scene was a it weird, otherwise it was another good episode. I liked how the riot made it so that no one even noticed the zombie outbreak happening all around them.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2015, 01:13:18 PM »
Good episode. I atleast are so damn desensitized of zombie killing in TWD at this point so I like that the zombies and riots are actually scary and you can feel the tension of them watching society falling apart.

I agree though that stuff are happening pretty quickly.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Oh, and the scene when they were watching the lights go out across the city was pretty powerful. It lost some of its impact though when the light came back on a few times afterwards, but it was still a cool scene.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
Oh, and the scene when they were watching the lights go out across the city was pretty powerful. It lost some of its impact though when the light came back on a few times afterwards, but it was still a cool scene.

yeah, a shot like that should have been that "yep, there goes the power.  Forever." moment.

This early in the zombie "invasion", what would be causing the outages?  Somebody dying at the power plant?  Are zombies just going to walk right up to a plant or power transformers or substations and cause outages that soon?
Winger would be better!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »
I wondered the same thing about the power outages. I figured it had more to do with the rioting and looting and general panic rather than walkers specifically. The riots hit a power station, and the workers, flee so it doesn't get fixed immediately. Best I could come up with.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:15 PM »
I wondered the same thing about the power outages. I figured it had more to do with the rioting and looting and general panic rather than walkers specifically. The riots hit a power station, and the workers, flee so it doesn't get fixed immediately. Best I could come up with.

yeah, possibly, although my guess is that those are mostly off the beaten path and you would have to really want the power to go out to get to it.
Winger would be better!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »
Pretty cool episode. Although I literally screamed 'fucking idiots' at the tv when the mom/daughter/son left the back door wide fuckin' open RIGHT AFTER seeing a walker. Even not knowing it was a walker, a stumbling bloody dude is close to your backyard, you're all freaked out, and you're gonna leave the door wide open...okay...maybe they forgot in a panic. Except no line of 'oops' or 'damn!' when they saw it...just, like..."mkay...yeah...the doors open...the guy is inside". That made me cringe so fuckin' much. Honestly, aside from the old man whose not in the family, every other person on this show is exhibiting a vast unawareness and immense stupidity in some form. Even disregarding their complete ignorance of the actual state of affairs, it's common sense shit that tends to turn me way off and take me out of the fantasy.

Other than that, I couldn't agree more on the power-outage scene, awesome stuff and really cool music to go along with it. I'm loving the soundtrack and direction of the show. If the characters can wake the fuck up and become a lot smarter, I'll be less worried for the show's future. I'd say it's nitpicky...but it's really not...that is absolutely a purely fuckin' stupid move even for an adolescent. There were a few really, really bad moments in character choices that make them seem like inbred halfwits when they clearly are not (well...except for the whiney son, the one who isn't a druggie...). Eh. We'll see.

RIP DTP.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2015, 03:11:15 AM »
yeah, definitely had the same level of frustration at the characters as Tio pointed out.  I guess its just remembering that these guys have never seen TWD so don't know any better :P

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2015, 03:41:26 AM »
Yeah leaving the back door open like that was really dumb. I was baffled through that entire scene though, because they spotted a single walker out in the street.. and their reaction was to leave their house (which was safe!) to run to their neighbors house (which they didn't know if it was safe or not). Sure, maybe the neighbors did have a weapon, but if they had just stayed inside their own house the entire time, they wouldn't have needed the weapon and the walker would just have wandered down the street. :P

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2015, 11:40:32 AM »
I look forward to seeing how they work Tobias back into the action.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2015, 12:28:47 PM »
Right, leaving the house in of itself is stupid but then the door thing almost made me turn the TV off...almost.

Yes! I really, really hope they don't just leave Tobias out, he and the badass old man are the only ones right now I give a shit about. Well, and the drug addict, but even he hasn't shown any type of actual use other than not being a dumbass and claiming that 'they're dead', which was also a pretty cool scene.

RIP DTP.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
I liked the episode a lot, I like Travis, Madison and the drug addict kid. I dunno if the actor is doing it on purpose but I feel like his whole acting style very closely resembles Johnny Depp's, in the first two episode I thought it was just cause they kinda look alike to me but in this third episode the scene when the girl with the doll waived good bye to him through the window; his reaction was very Depp-like.
Other thing is that I've read somewhere that the second season of Fear is going to feature the virus spreading inside an aeroplane and I think we just saw the aeroplane in question swerving in the air towards the end of the episode, just a guess.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2015, 05:56:07 PM »
^ definitely.  He's a dead ringer for Depp in terms of appearance, and acting style. 

That would be a cool connection if that was the case with the aeroplane.