Author Topic: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD  (Read 40538 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: FEAR THE WALKING DEAD
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:27 AM »
Yeah, that kid is a whiny bitch. I'll be glad to see him become zombie food.
I wasn't liking the boat idea based on the first episode, but I'm feeling much better about that direction after this episode.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
I wasn't liking the boat idea based on the first episode, but I'm feeling much better about that direction after this episode.

That episode was much better...
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:33 AM »

Do you mean the first episode was better, or the second?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2016, 09:36:50 AM »
Pretty good episode although that kid turning was hilarious for some reason. I think something is wrong with me because I had the same reaction when that Sam kid got eaten in TWD. Shireen in GoT, laughed my ass off although that was mostly because her scream didn't sound believable.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »
Pretty good episode although that kid turning was hilarious for some reason. I think something is wrong with me because I had the same reaction when that Sam kid got eaten in TWD. Shireen in GoT, laughed my ass off although that was mostly because her scream didn't sound believable.

I love that shit. Those damn wiener kids are just asking for it. :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »

Do you mean the first episode was better, or the second?

sorry....I can see where that's a confusing statement  :lol   I liked the second episode much more than the first.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Oh good. I wasn't sure whether we were in agreement or not. :lol

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
Episode was a little better, but holy wow that final scene was terrible.  I'm supposed to believe that in the 5 minutes it took the group to gather everything and get the hell out of dodge, the mom (a) finished dying (b) reanimated (c) the dad just let her wander around as a zombie instead of barricading her, killing her, etc (d) she was able to navigate the house, go down steps to the 1st floor, out the door, etc (e) she was able to walk straight toward the group, across rocky outcroppings and straight down a pier without falling off?  And again, in like 5 minutes?  Was that scene supposed to have some sort of emotional impact?  Because if so they totally butchered it.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:05 PM »
meant to click modify instead of quote - how do you delete posts?
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2016, 12:22:11 PM »
Episode was a little better, but holy wow that final scene was terrible.  I'm supposed to believe that in the 5 minutes it took the group to gather everything and get the hell out of dodge, the mom (a) finished dying (b) reanimated (c) the dad just let her wander around as a zombie instead of barricading her, killing her, etc (d) she was able to navigate the house, go down steps to the 1st floor, out the door, etc (e) she was able to walk straight toward the group, across rocky outcroppings and straight down a pier without falling off?  And again, in like 5 minutes?  Was that scene supposed to have some sort of emotional impact?  Because if so they totally butchered it.

:lol   well....when you put it like that, she was a "fresh" walker so maybe she had a little pep in her step?   :lol     I'm curious as to if there wasn't actually more time between that but they sure didn't do a good job in portraying it that way if that were the case.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2016, 12:26:31 PM »

:lol   well....when you put it like that, she was a "fresh" walker so maybe she had a little pep in her step?   :lol     I'm curious as to if there wasn't actually more time between that but they sure didn't do a good job in portraying it that way if that were the case.

I assumed the dad got down on his knees to let her eat him and she made her way outside because she heard her son fire the sniper rifle as he went to get his brother... still doesn't explain her ability to navigate the stairs though.

Stuff like that is what drives me nuts about these shows.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »

Yeah, it could be a case of editing or taking a while with getting onto the boat, and the argument. Let's also not forget that in the first episode of TWD, the walkers could move quite quickly, and even climb. For all we know, she fell down the stairs and got back up. And also, it's entertainment. I can accept if it's not 100% accurate for the sake of the story.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2016, 12:40:52 PM »

Yeah, it could be a case of editing or taking a while with getting onto the boat, and the argument. Let's also not forget that in the first episode of TWD, the walkers could move quite quickly, and even climb. For all we know, she fell down the stairs and got back up. And also, it's entertainment. I can accept if it's not 100% accurate for the sake of the story.

That's something I'd love to see! Have a walker at the top of a stair case with a rather intact face, fall and slide face first down the stairs, and then get up with a face that's been ripped off by the rug.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2016, 06:21:20 PM »
Awesome episode all because of the scene with the child. I'm glad this show has a bit more balls and gives less of a shit with stuff like that than the main series. Awesomely heartbreaking to see the kid take those pills that the cocksucking father had out and planned to use eventually anyway, except the plan was screwed thanks to the reanimation. Really loved the end there. Overall I'm just interested in seeing how the big set up comes together. As far as the show itself, this is being set up in an entirely different fashion than the main series and I feel like this is really just "Season 1 part 2" instead of a full on Season 2, if that makes any sense. It's like we're still in the prologue of the show, I feel. But I really like how they're setting it up and look forward to seeing how they either fuck it all up or how they make it even better than the main series. Either way it'll be interesting to watch unfold.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2016, 05:36:55 AM »
My favorite part is that there isn't a comic series to spoil major plot points. Don't get me wrong, I love the comics and TWD, but I like the fact that this is 100% fresh.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
I wonder if Nick realizes he's the reason that little girl (and mom and dad) are now dead thanks to his snooping around for a drugs he can get high on? After all, he found the pills and then was caught by the little girl....she saw where they were hidden. The little boy had mentioned earlier that he takes 'super pills' to defeat things (when he's playing) so it'd make sense that he and his sister had discussed or mentioned 'super pills' to each other while playing? She see's pills....doesn't know they aren't 'super' and boom...zombie day care.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »
I wonder if Nick realizes he's the reason that little girl (and mom and dad) are now dead thanks to his snooping around for a drugs he can get high on? After all, he found the pills and then was caught by the little girl....she saw where they were hidden. The little boy had mentioned earlier that he takes 'super pills' to defeat things (when he's playing) so it'd make sense that he and his sister had discussed or mentioned 'super pills' to each other while playing? She see's pills....doesn't know they aren't 'super' and boom...zombie day care.

I assumed those hidden pills were the 'super pills' the father gave the kids. I figured the dad would give them one each or something and the girl just ate a bunch of them when she got a hold of them herself. 

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
In a way he could be to blame, but in another way by him finding the pills, the rest of the family was saved.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2016, 02:47:30 AM »
Another solid episode. Strand and Nick are still awesome. Chris is still an angsty douche. There's an Asian chick now. I approve. I'm going to have to go back and watch the webisodes with the plane.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
Yeah I think the show is moving along pretty nicely now.  This is why you don't go nuclear with your reaction after one episode of a season.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
I think it's more that the first episode of a season really sets the tone of a story arc, and it was shaping up potentially badly, both with being confined to a boat, and also the hint of already devolving to comic book villians like TWD before even fully exploring the walkers. Also, starting off with such a weak and dull episode wasn't reassuring for the ongoing quality of the show.

However, in the past two episodes, the boat has actually been used to keep the scenery fresh each week rather than getting stale being stuck on a farm, or at a prison, etc, and the plot development has been good, and the water has proven to be an interesting setting for walkers so far.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2016, 10:54:36 AM »
I thought last night's episode was pretty damn good.  It's nice not having any idea what's going to happen, who might die, etc.  I started looking at the main couple as an analog to Rick & Lori but wondering what would happen to them that will deviate from what happened to Rick & Lori.  I wonder if they're going to directly turn on each other, if one is going to see the other one die, etc.  It's kinda cool to think about as they're not following a comic outline.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »
I thought last night's episode was pretty damn good.  It's nice not having any idea what's going to happen, who might die, etc.  I started looking at the main couple as an analog to Rick & Lori but wondering what would happen to them that will deviate from what happened to Rick & Lori.  I wonder if they're going to directly turn on each other, if one is going to see the other one die, etc.  It's kinda cool to think about as they're not following a comic outline.

Yeah, this is one of the most appealing aspects of FTW. I'm totally digging the 'human' element of it and how the decline of society is being portrayed....and, although I had reservations about this season taking place on a boat....it's actually been quite compelling and such a unique setting to explore.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2016, 04:21:07 AM »
Another good episode. I'm not thrilled about generic human bad guys, but it was an interesting situation. Nick's little side quest was fun, and I enjoyed seeing backstory for Strand. At the very start I joked he was going to kiss the other business dude, then later on I find that wasn't far wrong. Strand's just full of surprises. His friend should make things even more interesting now.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:34 PM »
Well everything just worked out SO well for our group last night, didn't it?
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2016, 12:44:20 PM »
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of that group, unfortunately.
The trick with the walker was cool, but it's a shame that was the only one in the episode.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
Cool episode, it was rather convenient for the group that it all worked out in the end. I'm ready for one of the 'main' cast to get killed now....this is starting to settle in to an everyone is safe type feel which makes me think a big death should be coming.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of that group, unfortunately.

Yeah...who knows. The chick from the raft, the 'love' interest and the preggo lady should be the only ones left.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2016, 01:51:57 PM »
One of the more interesting episodes this week. Chris just needs to die though both the character and actions are annoying and dosen't make any sense.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:13:09 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2016, 02:09:42 PM »
One of the more interesting episodes this week. Chris just needs to die though both his character and actions are annoying and dosen't make any sense.

His character is the only complaint I have on the show. Even with the distress and stuff he's gone through.....they've got him acting pretty silly and going some dumb stuff.

I think it's interesting how in both TWD and on this show the 'religious' folk initially are holding to that the 'dead' are not really dead and that they are 'fine' and will return ok somehow. I'm a man of Faith but I find it strange how silly they have the 'faith' folk acting.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2016, 10:51:52 PM »
It did instantly feel very familiar. It was the barn all over again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:02:58 AM by BlobVanDam »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2016, 03:52:06 AM »
Yea it really was, I guess what's nice is that instead of an entire barn season we get progress instead or atleast it seems like that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2016, 04:15:34 AM »
More generic bad guys just mindlessly shooting at people for no reason. Just what the show needed. And could that first walker have been any less threatening?

That said, I do like Nick's storyline so far, and it feels like there's potential for something interesting there, but the show is just boring, and focuses way too little on the zombies.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2016, 09:52:03 AM »
Also I have no belief that any main character on the show is at risk of death.  It seems like the show cut corners on budget with casting or something and is not including as many expendables, because the only real deaths we have gotten are fairly tertiary characters at the very end of a season (or mid-season).  There's absolutely no threat, already - like what a month into the outbreak?  The pacing has failed to follow the crescendo that TWD did and it seems like they've already jumped to Woodbury or further with plot armor.

To add on, the death of the guys shooting the zombies was so stupid.  Why the FUCK would they stand still and allow the zombies to approach them walking so slowly?  Why would they not, I don't know, back up slowly, to avoid certain death?  It makes no freaking sense.  It was terribly unbelievable.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
Preach it! Last I checked, reloading didn't mean you were stuck in place. So lame.
That first walker that Nick encountered in the car was a joke. There was zero threat at any moment there, even though they're barely into the zombie apocalypse relative to TWD, and he had no weapon and no defense. He just leaned right over and swatted the walker off. Then for the rest of the episode he was just chillin' walking around with a hoard.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2016, 10:03:41 AM »
To add on, the death of the guys shooting the zombies was so stupid.  Why the FUCK would they stand still and allow the zombies to approach them walking so slowly?  Why would they not, I don't know, back up slowly, to avoid certain death?  It makes no freaking sense.  It was terribly unbelievable.
I thought stopping on the highway and wasting bullets on them was stupid enough, that was just  :facepalm: It's like getting attacked by a bunch of rabies infested sloths, you simply take a couple of steps back and your safe.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:35:22 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »