Author Topic: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Run Forest, Run!  (Read 191462 times)

Offline hunnus2000

Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. liftin' and losin'
« Reply #2170 on: January 04, 2021, 11:38:16 AM »
Damn!  $35 for one band!   :omg:  You could get a whole set for less.

No - qty 2......

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2171 on: January 23, 2021, 05:30:31 AM »
finished week 3 of Insanity, and I'm down almost 7lbs.  Unfortunately, according to my scale, 2/3 of it is lean mass.  :-\  If it keeps up like this, I may have to reconsider doing the full 60-days.  Took me 13 weeks to add 2lbs of lean mass on the last program, and 3 weeks to lose 2.5lbs - though I know these scales aren't completely accurate and can be inconsistent ... so I'll just have to see how my weigh-ins are over the next 2 weeks.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline tofee35

« Reply #2172 on: January 23, 2021, 05:54:43 AM »
Hi all. This is my first post in this thread (after posting in the fast food thread). I've been yo yo-ing between 274 and 244 for the last few years trying different diets and work outs. The gaol weight is 175 over the course of a year. I'm down to 239 now from 274 in October. I am going steadily along. I'm eating +\-1800 calories and burning 200-400 a day in exercise. If I find myself not losing weight, I eat less caloric food and if I'm losing more than 1% of my body weight in a week, I eat a bit more. It's been working well and I'm liking the food I eat, which are only slight modifications. The exercise has just been elliptical and walking 10-15 flights of stairs at work. My overall goal is to be happy with the food I eat and healthy to live into my eighties. At 5'-9", 273lbs wasn't going to get me there.

-Tof

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2173 on: January 23, 2021, 07:03:35 AM »
Hi all. This is my first post in this thread (after posting in the fast food thread). I've been yo yo-ing between 274 and 244 for the last few years trying different diets and work outs. The gaol weight is 175 over the course of a year. I'm down to 239 now from 274 in October. I am going steadily along. I'm eating +\-1800 calories and burning 200-400 a day in exercise. If I find myself not losing weight, I eat less caloric food and if I'm losing more than 1% of my body weight in a week, I eat a bit more. It's been working well and I'm liking the food I eat, which are only slight modifications. The exercise has just been elliptical and walking 10-15 flights of stairs at work. My overall goal is to be happy with the food I eat and healthy to live into my eighties. At 5'-9", 273lbs wasn't going to get me there.

-Tof

Awesome!  Welcome to the Light Side.   ;)

Water.  Drink lots of it.  Keeps the metabolism up.  When I lost my big chunk of weight back in 2005 (I was doing a very similar thing to you... keep cals at a deficit, and 5 days / wk of low-intensity cardio), I could tell the weeks I didn't drink enough water by my (lack of) progress on the scale.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2174 on: January 24, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »
finished week 3 of Insanity, and I'm down almost 7lbs.  Unfortunately, according to my scale, 2/3 of it is lean mass.  :-\  If it keeps up like this, I may have to reconsider doing the full 60-days.  Took me 13 weeks to add 2lbs of lean mass on the last program, and 3 weeks to lose 2.5lbs - though I know these scales aren't completely accurate and can be inconsistent ... so I'll just have to see how my weigh-ins are over the next 2 weeks.

Well done on the loss mate but 66 percent being muscle?  That doesn't sound right to me.  It would be hard to trust scales with a result like that one would think.  Just seems like a lot of muscle in less than a month.  I'd assume you're still eating well and enough?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2175 on: January 24, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »

-Tof

Awesome mate.  Seems like you have a decent grasp on what you're doing and making great progress.  Keep it up.  If you ever need any advice just ask.  We're not experts but collectively have a knowledge base in here.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2176 on: January 24, 2021, 02:54:40 PM »

-Tof

Water.  Drink lots of it.  Keeps the metabolism up.  When I lost my big chunk of weight back in 2005 (I was doing a very similar thing to you... keep cals at a deficit, and 5 days / wk of low-intensity cardio), I could tell the weeks I didn't drink enough water by my (lack of) progress on the scale.

I always toss and turn with this.  I drink litres a water a day so I'm a big advocate of drinking lots, but I've always been skeptical about the amount consumed affecting weight loss.  I'm sure there's science behind it but I struggle to grasp how the amount of water interplays with caloric defeceit and weight loss.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2177 on: January 24, 2021, 02:55:22 PM »

Well done on the loss mate but 66 percent being muscle?  That doesn't sound right to me.  It would be hard to trust scales with a result like that one would think.  Just seems like a lot of muscle in less than a month.  I'd assume you're still eating well and enough?

I agree.  I usually just look to the scales for trends and changes when it comes to BF%, as opposed to absolute accuracy.  On the eating, I've been about 80%-90% clean.  A couple of rewards here and there (couple of beers, a few chocolates still lingering from Christmas), but nothing outrageous at all.  That said, losing 2.5lbs of lean mass in three weeks just by doing HIIT (when some of the HIIT moves are anaerobic (ie, pushups, lots of squats and jumps, dips) makes no sense.  I don't buy it at all.

And with that, it's pizza night!   :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2178 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:35 PM »

-Tof

I always toss and turn with this.  I drink litres a water a day so I'm a big advocate of drinking lots, but I've always been skeptical about the amount consumed affecting weight loss.  I'm sure there's science behind it but I struggle to grasp how the amount of water interplays with caloric defeceit and weight loss.

Yeah... I know we've debated the point before.  I'm a believer, you're a bit of skeptic.  Whether it does have a big impact or not, we both agree it's still a good practice

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2179 on: January 24, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »

-Tof

Yeah... I know we've debated the point before.  I'm a believer, you're a bit of skeptic.  Whether it does have a big impact or not, we both agree it's still a good practice

Haha, yes I remember our argument now.  I think I was a bit too arrogant at that time.  Simply, it's better to drink more than not.  I think we both can agree on that.  Letting my guard down, I'm sure being hydrated enough may in turn have some effect.  It might be miniscule but the body needs to work efficiently do work so it would have more advantages than not.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2180 on: January 24, 2021, 04:18:06 PM »

I agree.  I usually just look to the scales for trends and changes when it comes to BF%, as opposed to absolute accuracy.  On the eating, I've been about 80%-90% clean.  A couple of rewards here and there (couple of beers, a few chocolates still lingering from Christmas), but nothing outrageous at all.  That said, losing 2.5lbs of lean mass in three weeks just by doing HIIT (when some of the HIIT moves are anaerobic (ie, pushups, lots of squats and jumps, dips) makes no sense.  I don't buy it at all.

And with that, it's pizza night!   :rollin

Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much at this point mate.  As long as you feel as strong with your lifts I'd ride it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2181 on: January 25, 2021, 05:22:13 PM »
So, at work we've organised to join this fundraiser as part of a swim challenge between ourselves.  More for our own benefit and a team building exercise but donating some money to a good cause always is a good thing.

https://superswim.org.au/t/aqualogan (I'm not posting the link for money, please don't think that, just sharing with you all incase anyone is interested.)

Anyway, set myself 60km over 30 days.  A lot of us went in early and did a swim together which was great and knocked out 5km, so a good start.  Would like to smash 60km but it will no doubt get tougher as the month goes on.

Anyway, the real challenge I've given myself is also my diet.  My sugar intake has been going up and up and I consume more on a daily basis.  My activity levels mean my weight doesn't increase but it's getting a little out of control.  For the 30 days I'm cutting as much sugar as I can.  I want to keep improving my body composition and while I do believe a calorie is a calorie, it's the perfect opportunity to cut the sugar and regulate my eating a little more and see if it can make a difference while doing the swimming challenge.  Whole foods will be the primary basis so it's pretty simple.  I will add protein powders too.  Saturday night may be a low calorie ice cream or something but will be minimal.  I want to try and limit artificial sweeteners too but as I said, will allow powders.  No snacks or protein bars, just meats, veg, nuts, oats, natural peanut butter, protein powder some beans and that's really about it.   

The swimming if fucking going to be easy, the diet is where the true challenge lies.  Wish me luck.

Offline H2

« Reply #2182 on: January 25, 2021, 08:35:06 PM »
I know that every time I've done Insanity (which is about 5 total times through the whole program), I lose so much strength and muscle. Perhaps eat more and don't aim to lose? Insanity burns so much anyway that you'll probably lose without even tracking cals.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2183 on: January 26, 2021, 07:09:00 AM »
3 more days, and it's the "recovery" week... which I'm going to do some lifting.  After one week of phase 2, I'll decide if I want to do the full 4 weeks of it, or go back to lifting (which I enjoy more anyway).  I just wanted to shed some BF, and if I ain't doing that with Insanity, no need to keep at it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2184 on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:40 PM »
I know that every time I've done Insanity (which is about 5 total times through the whole program), I lose so much strength and muscle. Perhaps eat more and don't aim to lose? Insanity burns so much anyway that you'll probably lose without even tracking cals.

I always thought that losing strength was the best indicator as to if you were losing muscle or not.

Offline H2

« Reply #2185 on: January 26, 2021, 03:00:09 PM »

I always thought that losing strength was the best indicator as to if you were losing muscle or not.
Yeah. It's not a perfect indicator though. Just going on a cut will hurt your strength in a few days' time.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2186 on: January 26, 2021, 03:10:55 PM »
One day down with nothing sugary.  So far so good.  Feel alright.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2187 on: January 26, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »
The swimming if fucking going to be easy, the diet is where the true challenge lies.  Wish me luck.

Word brother.  I've got no problem pounding out my routine on a consistent basis (currently, fasted bike ride for 45 mins in the morning; 35-40 mins HIIT 5 days a week + 20 minute bike or treadmill in the evening).  I'm almost 4 weeks in, and only skipped one session.  Diet on the other hand ... well yeah... it's sometimes as if I'm working out that much just so I can give myself those rewards.  I gotta get a little more disciplined.  The leftover Christmas treats are starting to disappear, so it'll get easier.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2188 on: January 26, 2021, 07:13:53 PM »

Word brother.  I've got no problem pounding out my routine on a consistent basis (currently, fasted bike ride for 45 mins in the morning; 35-40 mins HIIT 5 days a week + 20 minute bike or treadmill in the evening).  I'm almost 4 weeks in, and only skipped one session.  Diet on the other hand ... well yeah... it's sometimes as if I'm working out that much just so I can give myself those rewards. I gotta get a little more disciplined.  The leftover Christmas treats are starting to disappear, so it'll get easier.

Mate, you summed up my whole way of thinking and the main reason why I've tied this diet challenge in with the swimming work thing.  I'd train harder just to eat more shit, and that's been creeping into my subconsciouss daily.  I need to reset my thinking and train to improve and the want to improve my pyshique, not so I can eat shit and get away with it.  Easier said then done.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2189 on: January 27, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »
Turned 45 yesterday and have been trying the last two weeks to get back into my running routine. When our family was hit with covid in the beginning of December.....it was a couple weeks of really not doing a lot of exercise. Just felt real run down and that little virus just takes it out of you. So, after we were cleared I was just playing hockey once a week on Sunday nights.....usually two games.

Then two weeks ago started ramping the running back up....and it's just strange not having the stamina I had only a month and a half ago. I can 'feel' the difference in my lung capacity when I run and play hockey....it's nothing alarming but I can tell things are different. Plus, I've gained about 15lbs that I 'normally' don't have on my body so that's affecting things as well.

I bought my boys a weight machine (similar to a bow flex) that's an all in one workout machine. Finally got it put together over the weekend so now I'm going to set up a workout schedule for them and me to utilize it. It maxes out at 140lbs of potential weight to move so it's not a massive thing....but it'll be good enough for multiple sets of 10...15 reps. It has the capability for us to do several arm and leg workouts so it'll do the trick for now.

I've registered for the annual Half Marathon trail run I've done every year since 2011 to give me motivation to stay running....that's on March 27th. Plus, there's a 10k trail run in February I'm waiting for registration to open on.

And.....the elephant in the room is diet. I have become pretty lax about watching what I eat.....meaning I've been eating bad foods AND at bad times of the night. Gotta nip that crap in the bud now.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2190 on: January 27, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Ok boys... time to hold ourselves accountable. Post your eatings - including "cheats" or "rewards", and let the others judge you - either as forgivable, or shame-worthy.  :lol

So far today, I've had a Costco egg sammich, and a home-made parfait of greek yogurt (probably 3/4 of a cup), 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, and a splash of granola cereal.  Planning on a home-made calzone for lunch (baked, not fried).  The menu for dinner is Chicken Korma.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2191 on: January 27, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
Kade and Chad, same here. I started rewarding myself more as I began running longer distances so I stopped losing but also didn't gain weight, and then Covid + Christmas / New Year holidays and it got way colder, like -20°C. In between Dec 15th and Jan 22nd I only ran once before the New Year, but I didn't do diet at all, ended up gaining around 13-15 lbs. Not as fat as before, but definitely still uncomfortable.

Now I'm facing Gary's problem :) Only just now getting back into the whole diet and running routine. Saturday 5k run (first this year) was difficult as hell and I couldn't even get out of 30 minutes. Today's 5k was also difficult as hell, I was out of breath after 3km but persevered and at least I finished at 29:05.

Eating-wise, also cutting all sugar again (I ate quite a lot of it during Covid as I didn't lose my sense of taste and had nothing better to do, you know), now it's no breakfast, a routine salad (cucumber, tomato, a bell pepper, a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper) with either turkey or chicken at work, sometimes with broccoli, green beans or rice (carbs, but I like rice too much), cold cuts of low-calories cheese/some meat at home after work. Sometimes a beer, usually after a run (like today). Loads of water at work as I'm with Chad on the whole water thing, always feel much better because of it. Weekends will probably include some cheats though, it's weekends.

I do plan to adhere to the whole thing again though, I liked being thinner way too much.

Hopefully your plans will work out for you, keep the updates coming.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2192 on: January 27, 2021, 11:00:46 AM »
Ok boys... time to hold ourselves accountable. Post your eatings - including "cheats" or "rewards", and let the others judge you - either as forgivable, or shame-worthy.  :lol

So far today, I've had a Costco egg sammich, and a home-made parfait of greek yogurt (probably 3/4 of a cup), 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, and a splash of granola cereal.  Planning on a home-made calzone for lunch (baked, not fried).  The menu for dinner is Chicken Korma.

Well, I took up intermittent fasting back in August so I've only had water and black coffee so far today lol. Here's what I've already pre-logged for the day though:

"breakfast" (eaten anywhere from 1pm-4pm): Salad eggs (not to be confused with egg salad, which is fucking disgusting). Contains spinach, red and green peppers, onion, 2 slices of bacon chopped up, 2 full eggs and 3 egg whites, 1 piece of toast

Dinner: 9oz grilled chicken breast (done on the BBQ...despite the -20C temp) with oven roasted cauliflower and Brussells sprouts as a side

Snacks: 1 scoop protein powder with 1.5c milk, 2 cups steamed veg (broc, carrot, caul), likely a large portion of frozen yogurt as a night snack. Almonds if I'm still hungry somewhere in there.

I use olive oil in my cooking, so there's generally a good tbsp used throughout my day.

For me the diet part is pretty manageable, but I tend to over snack some days. I went to town on peanut butter and my kids' cookies Sunday. Ended up eating a day and half worth of calories that day. The change in my body is noticeable if I can stay consistent for a stretch of 1 or more weeks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. nutrition accountability 2021
« Reply #2193 on: January 27, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »
I love me an egg scramble - load whatever veggies and meat is handy, 2 eggs, and 1/2 carton of the Costco egg whites (I gave up on real egg whites a long time ago... these are close enough, cheaper and way more convenient).

My calzone was a piece of naan, dozen or so slices of turkey pepperoni, two big slices of deli ham, two slices of provolone, and some leftover sloppy joe mix.

Snack wise, I'm an almond guy too had a handful around 11:30, as I knew I wasn't getting to lunch until now.  Greek yogurt, cottage cheese + salsa, and kolbasa are my other go-to snacks.

Oh, the other thing about water (that I remember reading a long time ago), is that people sometimes confuse the body's signal of thirst with hunger.  So, whenever I'm hungry (but shouldn't be, or want to try and hold off until the next mealtime), I pound back some water.  Doesn't always satiate me, but it does about 50% of the time.

@Schecter... do you drink cows milk with your protein shakes?  I switched to almond milk a while back, cuz when I'm lifting, I'll have a whey shake in the day, and a casein one at bedtime, and I didn't want to have those (needless) calories from 3ish cups of milk/day.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2194 on: January 27, 2021, 11:17:21 AM »
Also, here's the graph of my weight over the last 4 years. It' interesting to see the spikes where I made deliberate changes to my diet or exercise. If I look at the data over a shorter period, like say 3 months, you can actually see the weight increase virtually every weekend. I typically try to view it as a 'best fit' line to determine the actual trend in my weight so I don't get discouraged. Part of tracking my weight daily means dealing with the wild swings from changes in my sodium or carb intake. Example: sunday morning - 193lbs, monday morning - 196.5 lbs, tuesday - 193lbs, today 191.8. Daily weight logging is definitely not for the faint of heart lol.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2195 on: January 27, 2021, 11:20:19 AM »
I love me an egg scramble - load whatever veggies and meat is handy, 2 eggs, and 1/2 carton of the Costco egg whites (I gave up on real egg whites a long time ago... these are close enough, cheaper and way more convenient).

My calzone was a piece of naan, dozen or so slices of turkey pepperoni, two big slices of deli ham, two slices of provolone, and some leftover sloppy joe mix.

Snack wise, I'm an almond guy too had a handful around 11:30, as I knew I wasn't getting to lunch until now.  Greek yogurt, cottage cheese + salsa, and kolbasa are my other go-to snacks.

Oh, the other thing about water (that I remember reading a long time ago), is that people sometimes confuse the body's signal of thirst with hunger.  So, whenever I'm hungry (but shouldn't be, or want to try and hold off until the next mealtime), I pound back some water.  Doesn't always satiate me, but it does about 50% of the time.

@Schecter... do you drink cows milk with your protein shakes?  I switched to almond milk a while back, cuz when I'm lifting, I'll have a whey shake in the day, and a casein one at bedtime, and I didn't want to have those (needless) calories from 3ish cups of milk/day.

Yeah, just regular old 1% cow milk. It's what the rest of the house uses, so I just roll with it. I think if I were using it more than once per day I'd consider switching, but honestly the calories aren't a concern. With the IF, I'll be sitting around 1k calories eaten by 7 or 8pm. In fact, I find myself almost wanting to eat just for the sake of getting some calories in so I'm not starving all the next day until my eating window opens.

It's crazy that I went from 5-6 smaller meals or snacks to basically 1 massive meal, 1 reasonable sized meal, and a large snack.

Offline H2

« Reply #2196 on: January 27, 2021, 11:21:20 AM »
Two sleeves of Mega Stuf Oreos, ngl

Strength gains going way up in the gym. I love watching those numbers go up.

I realize I may have messed up my knee. I did Insanity for four months straight, and often after workouts, my left knee would be frickin killing me (esp. after sitting for a long stretch of time). Like, the front part of the knee, just lower than the knee bone. I think it's a cartilage issue. It was the many burpees and in-and-out abs that would trigger it.

Well, I quit Insanity because of that three months ago, so I've kept to more mild HIIT  once a week, and light jogging once a week. Still, my knee is achy and uncomfortable at times. So, I am going to just going to lay off it, I think. I think I'll switch my HIIT workout to swimming, and instead of jogging I'll just be walking. Sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: January 27, 2021, 11:22:34 AM »
Part of tracking my weight daily means dealing with the wild swings from changes in my sodium or carb intake. Example: sunday morning - 193lbs, monday morning - 196.5 lbs, tuesday - 193lbs, today 191.8. Daily weight logging is definitely not for the faint of heart lol.

No shit!  That would drive me nuts.  Weekly weigh-ins can be frustrating enough - like, when I don't have the need to .... "move" (if you catch my drift) ... before my weigh in.

Yeah, just regular old 1% cow milk. It's what the rest of the house uses, so I just roll with it. I think if I were using it more than once per day I'd consider switching, but honestly the calories aren't a concern. With the IF, I'll be sitting around 1k calories eaten by 7 or 8pm. In fact, I find myself almost wanting to eat just for the sake of getting some calories in so I'm not starving all the next day until my eating window opens.

Makes sense.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2198 on: January 27, 2021, 11:23:09 AM »
Damn H... If this is how you are at the end of your 20s, wait 'til you hit your 40s!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2199 on: January 27, 2021, 11:24:14 AM »
Part of tracking my weight daily means dealing with the wild swings from changes in my sodium or carb intake. Example: sunday morning - 193lbs, monday morning - 196.5 lbs, tuesday - 193lbs, today 191.8. Daily weight logging is definitely not for the faint of heart lol.

No shit!  That would drive me nuts.  Weekly weigh-ins can be frustrating enough - like, when I don't have the need to .... "move" (if you catch my drift) ... before my weigh in.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I've skipped my weigh in more than once because I wasn't happy with the morning's movement lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2200 on: January 27, 2021, 12:51:05 PM »

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I've skipped my weigh in more than once because I wasn't happy with the morning's movement lol.

:spitcoffee:

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2201 on: January 27, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
The big question for me is what am I going to do when I return to the office? Thankfully, my organization didn't fuck around with covid, so I've been working from home since mid-march and they don't expect us to return until at least September. However, I definitely won't be able to make bacon and eggs at the office, and, since I cycle to work most days, I think it'll be tougher to go fasted until the afternoon. I've done some big fasted workouts since taking up IF, but never during a work day where I need to be focused and sharp. It's only a 20-30 minute ride to work (unless I detour on the MTB trails), but then I'm hungry as fuck as soon as I start work. Right now at home, the coffee and water easily get me to lunch. I get hungry a bit around 10am, but it usually subsides pretty quickly.

Offline H2

« Reply #2202 on: January 27, 2021, 02:27:00 PM »
What's the heaviest everyone has ever been, out of curiousity? (and how tall are you, too?)

I'm 5'7 and got up to 185lb a few years ago after a bulk. (Now I'm like 155lb.)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:22 PM »
What's the heaviest everyone has ever been, out of curiousity? (and how tall are you, too?)

I'm 5'7 and got up to 185lb a few years ago after a bulk. (Now I'm like 155lb.)

I was 6'3" in my early 20s (I've probably compressed to about 6'1" nowadays).  In university, I got up to 240lbs probably.  When I met mrs.jingle, I was around 235.  We lost a bunch of weight together in '05/'06 - I got down as low as 183.  Maintained it (185-190) for quite a few years, then gradually put it back on from '12-'15 to the point I was 214 when I started this thread.  I'm at 178.6 as of my weigh in last Friday.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #2204 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:44 PM »
I'm 5"9, maybe even a 1/4 inch under. Heaviest was Feb 2001, where I tipped (or broke) the scale at 285lbs. This was post-football season in my senior year as a high school O-lineman, and post christmas break. It started me on a path that saw me shed 100lbs in a little over 1 year.

Lowest weight: 172lbs in summer 2002. My absolute lowest when I was running 15km 6 days per week, and then roller blading 10km to the gym to lift weights. I hope to never be that light again.

So basically i've gone from 285 on the way up, to 172 on the way down, back up to a high of 248 in Christmas 2015, and back down to a low of 191.6 about a month ago or something. It's funny that I'm more shredded and have better cardio now at 190 then I did at 172. The cycling part of me still says I should go for as light as possible, but I'd rather have a good looking, muscular physique than be a little faster on the bike