Author Topic: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. How's it goin this week?  (Read 38018 times)

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • local Jimmy Buffett fan
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Now with mental fitness!
« Reply #1365 on: May 18, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »
Managed 3/4 a full lap today, breathing is back to normal. YES!! Going for a full lap tomorrow if I can manage.
Quote from: Katt's friend
I've accepted that the journey through Michael's musical likes and dislikes is at the level of erratic I imagine is only otherwise achieved by doing a full length mirror's worth of coke and then trying to play Mario Kart.
Nothing could ever make me happier than defeating Katt with East of the Wall. That's it. My entire roulette career has reached its peak. Goodbye everyone.

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1366 on: May 18, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »
Very good mate.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1367 on: May 19, 2020, 10:30:38 PM »
Kattelox, that's awesome.  I'm glad you're starting to feel better with the breathing.  Also, mangos are delicious. :)

I had a little workout break through today.  I'm not on the level of anyone here, but it was an improvement for me and I was pretty pleased.

I've been trying to stick to 5 times a week throughout the stay at home situation and so far I've kept to it.

Good on ya!  Consistency is very important.  Make it a habit.   :tup

That's definitely the key.  I usually do well in the spring and summer.  The pattern over the last few years is that I get sick after ProgPower, stop working out, and don't really pick it back up when I get better.  I suppose that won't be an issue if it gets cancelled this year. :P

But other things always seem to come up in the fall (or a normal fall) and I should try harder to stay on top of it.

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1368 on: May 20, 2020, 05:38:40 AM »
The funny thing is I had no problem lifting weights and kicking my own ass all these years, but it's only now that I'm getting into running for real and putting the weights on the back burner. Might just cancel my gym membership again because the fresh air is really invigorating. Consistency is definitely key

EDIT: Something I didn't even think about... it's allergy season, at least here it is. My allergies tend to flare up at the end of May, but perhaps they've been bothering me all month. Looking at the pollen count today and that might explain why I feel a little off today. Whoops. Time to break out the benadryl. Next couple weeks are gonna suck (and blow!).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:41:51 AM by Kattelox »
I've accepted that the journey through Michael's musical likes and dislikes is at the level of erratic I imagine is only otherwise achieved by doing a full length mirror's worth of coke and then trying to play Mario Kart.
Nothing could ever make me happier than defeating Katt with East of the Wall. That's it. My entire roulette career has reached its peak. Goodbye everyone.

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1369 on: May 23, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
I forgot how sore running can make your abs..  especially if you're out of shape. Holy schnikes. Taking it easy for a couple days, but the weather's way too nice to not walk. But OW.  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1370 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:44 PM »
Core, baby...CORE!!!
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol
You'd have an easier time trying to bring the internet to the Amish.
Turns out chlamydia tastes pretty good.

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1371 on: May 23, 2020, 08:46:54 PM »
Core, baby...CORE!!!

Time to reintroduce good ol' planks and such to the regiment! Been waking up with sore abs for a week now  :lol

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1372 on: May 24, 2020, 04:36:30 AM »
Did a 16km run today. (9.94 miles)  Time was 1 hour, 32 minutes and 33 seconds.  Slow but my 12km time was 1:08:32, so the 12km was better than last week, so my pace is slowly picking up over long distances.  Was amazing.  I'm becoming absolutely addicted to running.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1373 on: May 24, 2020, 04:47:10 AM »
The past week has been a nice one for me.  The program calls for 4 days of lifting, instead of 5.  It's 3 heavy lift movements + some HIIT.  I swapped the HIIT movement with some steady-state instead on my stationary bike instead (cuz I wanted to watch Into the Electric Castle Live).  Some good sweats.  I also ate a little heavier than normal ... and still dropped 1lb.  Think I'll continue with this cycle for another week, and see how she goes.

The day with deadlifts though... idiot me didn't stretch my hammies at all - no clue what I was thinking.  3rd round in, I felt a very noticeable twang on my left side.  Played it smart, and skipped doing deadlifts.  Fortunately, it was fine the next day, and all seems ok.

Today... lying tricep extensions, bulgarian split squats, and underhand db rows.  5 rounds of 1 set each.  It's supposed to be combined with 2 mins of DB squat/swings.  Yeah, like snot.  That's insane!  Think I'll stick with a 30-min bike ride, as I still have lots of stuff on the DVR to watch.
Looking at my most recent posts, it almost seems like I'm trying to become the Common Sense of DTF :lol
You'd have an easier time trying to bring the internet to the Amish.
Turns out chlamydia tastes pretty good.

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1374 on: May 24, 2020, 06:38:23 PM »
The past week has been a nice one for me.  The program calls for 4 days of lifting, instead of 5.  It's 3 heavy lift movements + some HIIT.  I swapped the HIIT movement with some steady-state instead on my stationary bike instead (cuz I wanted to watch Into the Electric Castle Live).  Some good sweats.  I also ate a little heavier than normal ... and still dropped 1lb.  Think I'll continue with this cycle for another week, and see how she goes.

The day with deadlifts though... idiot me didn't stretch my hammies at all - no clue what I was thinking.  3rd round in, I felt a very noticeable twang on my left side.  Played it smart, and skipped doing deadlifts.  Fortunately, it was fine the next day, and all seems ok.

Today... lying tricep extensions, bulgarian split squats, and underhand db rows.  5 rounds of 1 set each.  It's supposed to be combined with 2 mins of DB squat/swings.  Yeah, like snot.  That's insane!  Think I'll stick with a 30-min bike ride, as I still have lots of stuff on the DVR to watch.

Smart.  I could learn a thing or two from you.  :lol

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. How's it goin this week?
« Reply #1375 on: May 24, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »
Niiiiice, guys.

I should probably buy sunscreen. Ol' Brains here decided to go walking today at high noon. Went from looking like a viking to a drunk hobo. Holy sunburns, Batman.  :lol

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1376 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:14 PM »
Niiiiice, guys.

I should probably buy sunscreen. Ol' Brains here decided to go walking today at high noon. Went from looking like a viking to a drunk hobo. Holy sunburns, Batman.  :lol

Living in Queensland Australia, I can tell you that sunscreen is a must.  The sun will kill you going out in the middle of the day in the warm season without sunscreen.

Online Kattelox

• Son of a Shepherd
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1377 on: May 24, 2020, 08:23:35 PM »
Niiiiice, guys.

Living in Queensland Australia, I can tell you that sunscreen is a must.  The sun will kill you going out in the middle of the day in the warm season without sunscreen.

Oh God that sounds awful haha. Yeah, I think I'll grab some on Tuesday, thankfully I don't even have to leave the house tomorrow.

I'm just stumbling through life one day at a time right now  :rollin

Offline wolfking

« Reply #1378 on: May 24, 2020, 08:26:42 PM »
I'm just stumbling through life one day at a time right now  :rollin

I hear ya.