Author Topic: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Run Forest, Run!  (Read 199750 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Now wth Nutrition!
« Reply #875 on: January 26, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »
mrs.jingle's b-day is coming up, and I'm seriously considering getting her a couple of Keto books.  I really am interested to try it (short-term), and based on Gregg's commentary, it might be the thing for her for a longer-period.  She's been going thru 'the change' for a while, and her body is really changing on her.  No immediate health issues, but weight gain, and general moodiness have contributed to some ongoing depression.  Plus, she has no drive to exercise due to various other ailments and said emotional swings.  Perhaps a general overhaul of her diet is in order.

Fuck dude, is this a secret kamikaze mission you've been given. 

:rollin :rollin :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #876 on: January 27, 2020, 02:35:30 AM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #877 on: January 27, 2020, 02:37:21 AM »
mrs.jingle's b-day is coming up, and I'm seriously considering getting her a couple of Keto books.  I really am interested to try it (short-term), and based on Gregg's commentary, it might be the thing for her for a longer-period.  She's been going thru 'the change' for a while, and her body is really changing on her.  No immediate health issues, but weight gain, and general moodiness have contributed to some ongoing depression.  Plus, she has no drive to exercise due to various other ailments and said emotional swings.  Perhaps a general overhaul of her diet is in order.

Fuck dude, is this a secret kamikaze mission you've been given. 

:rollin :rollin :rollin

haha.  I realised in my shocked state at reading Chad's post I forgot the question mark.

I still love ya Chad.  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #878 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
If I go thru with this, I'll report back mid-next week.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #879 on: January 27, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

If you go through with this, you’ll be posting from divorce court mid next week!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: January 27, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »
Yeah, count me among people who don't think this is a good idea. :) It's your wife though so I'm sure you know what you're doing... maybe.

Waiting for the report!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #881 on: January 27, 2020, 01:25:32 PM »

Big nuts if you do mate.

If you go through with this, you’ll be posting from divorce court mid next week!  :lol

:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: January 27, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »
Normally, I'd tend to agree with you all.  But this has been an ongoing thing with her (food / weight issues) for like ... ever, but even moreso for the past 3-4 years.  She knows her body is changing on her in ways she doesn't like.  I'm not stuffed about it, but she is.  It's not like getting this will be interpreted as a hint from me that she's gettin pudgy - she already bemoans it of herself daily... usually multiple times a day.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #883 on: January 27, 2020, 02:25:45 PM »
Don't fall for it! :lol

You'll come home to a big ass bottle of Rogaine!

Just joshing with you Chad. Your initial post on the subject was kind of funny. A long as this is something you guys have talked abut then it's all good. Like I said, I've bought a shit ton of exercise stuff for my wife. But she's asked for it.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #884 on: January 27, 2020, 02:29:11 PM »

Damn near spit out my drink at this  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #885 on: January 27, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »
Normally, I'd tend to agree with you all.  But this has been an ongoing thing with her (food / weight issues) for like ... ever, but even moreso for the past 3-4 years.  She knows her body is changing on her in ways she doesn't like.  I'm not stuffed about it, but she is.  It's not like getting this will be interpreted as a hint from me that she's gettin pudgy - she already bemoans it of herself daily... usually multiple times a day.

Woman can say it about themselves all they like, but as soon as the man says or implies something.....haha, you're fucked.  Nah, you know her, we don't, godspeed.

:rollin

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #886 on: January 28, 2020, 05:43:46 AM »
Just wanted to throw out a little Jiu Jitsu update. Its been almost a month at this point and I absolutely love it.

The exercise aspect of it is insane. I can lift weights in the gym or run the treadmill all day, but its usually at my own pace. When you are sparring with another guy, he's not gonna hold back so you are giving every ounce of energy you have and are truly pushing yourself to your limits. I love that.

The techniques are extremely intricate, well thought out and very effective. Its really fascinating and I'm thinking about it all the time.

And mentally speaking, this makes me incredibly happy. I walk out of there feeling like a million bucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: January 28, 2020, 06:20:20 AM »
Sounds f'n awesome.  Couldn't ask for anything more out of a workout regimen.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: January 28, 2020, 06:53:42 AM »
That sounds intense, glad you are getting a kick out of it  :metal

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: January 28, 2020, 07:03:33 AM »

I see what you did there...
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: January 28, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »

Sounds like he is proud as punch with himself too.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #891 on: January 30, 2020, 09:41:28 AM »
This morning I ratcheted up all my lifting routines to 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. I like the symmetry because 40 lbs is pretty close to the amount of weight I've shed. Sure, the weight was distributed all over my body but it's still enlightening when thinking about how much more of a struggle my daily life was packing around that much. Again, I focused on my legs, glutes and core, adding in extra lifting/balancing lunges and step back lunges. It's surprising how shaky I am now, even after my recovery drink.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #892 on: January 30, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
This morning I ratcheted up all my lifting routines to 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. I like the symmetry because 40 lbs is pretty close to the amount of weight I've shed. Sure, the weight was distributed all over my body but it's still enlightening when thinking about how much more of a struggle my daily life was packing around that much.

That's an interesting way to look at it and you are right too about the struggle of lifting some weights and realizing "shit, that was what my body was carrying around in excess!" as my weight drop would be a struggle for me to curl (~35 lbs).

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: January 30, 2020, 10:53:44 AM »
This morning I ratcheted up all my lifting routines to 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. I like the symmetry because 40 lbs is pretty close to the amount of weight I've shed. Sure, the weight was distributed all over my body but it's still enlightening when thinking about how much more of a struggle my daily life was packing around that much.

That's an interesting way to look at it and you are right too about the struggle of lifting some weights and realizing "shit, that was what my body was carrying around in excess!" as my weight drop would be a struggle for me to curl (~35 lbs).

Hey, if a geezer like me can curl 40 lbs, 10 reps, 2 sets, I'm sure you could.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: January 30, 2020, 11:13:53 AM »
I'm not strong  :lol getting there.  I do 30 reps at 30 lbs now when I do curls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: January 31, 2020, 05:28:50 PM »
My favorite work outs these days are going into mosh pits.  Man I had a blast last night and must have burned a few hundred calories in that mosh pit, the endless jumping and pushing but also I must have gotten more than my share of military presses in with how many teenage girls wanted to be picked up and crowd surfed.  Literally as soon as I got into the pit a group of young girls asked to be lifted up... sure.  Great work out and so much fun.  Was absolutely drenched in sweat after that.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: January 31, 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
My favorite work outs these days are going into mosh pits.  Man I had a blast last night and must have burned a few hundred calories in that mosh pit, the endless jumping and pushing but also I must have gotten more than my share of military presses in with how many teenage girls wanted to be picked up and crowd surfed.  Literally as soon as I got into the pit a group of young girls asked to be lifted up... sure.  Great work out and so much fun.  Was absolutely drenched in sweat after that.

What a strange strange paragraph.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: January 31, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »
Got to keep that vibe going from last week  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: January 31, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »
Got to keep that vibe going from last week  :lol

haha, yeah fair enough.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: January 31, 2020, 07:20:31 PM »

What a strange strange paragraph.

:lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: February 02, 2020, 10:21:16 AM »
Had a good workout this morning. For the first time, I was able to keep the vinyasa of plank, chaturanga, upward dog, downward dog, to lunge pose between each of the warrior poses. Man, I was sweating hardcore when that was finished. For weights, I stuck with arms, chest and core to give my legs and back an extra day or two to recover. Feeling pretty good.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: February 02, 2020, 10:38:17 AM »
 :metal

Need a good work out for super bowl sunday festivities. I. Currently on the bike but actually feeling a bit sick like a cold so I am not likely to do the workout I was hoping. Regardless, something is better than nothing

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: February 09, 2020, 04:07:17 PM »
^ wow, after I wrote that last week, I took a break from the bike, and even though feeling sick said fuck it, and did 20 miles combined from my earlier ride, which was the furthest I've done in one day since I started.  This week I've been weaving between my belt holes around my waist.  Maybe finally hitting some of that belly fat I've been striving for.  I think I can secure this last belt hole by the end of February.  Seems every other day I can get it in fine and then it's too tight.  Just means I'm making more progress. I weighed myself again, definitely at 40lbs lost since May when I started.  When I get that next belt hole I bet I'll be at 190 which I am very close to.  Then time for a new belt (again).  :metal Also, biked 16 miles yesterday and 19 today.  Ate pretty well the last couple days, but this week is prime for another good controlled diet and daily workout.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #903 on: February 10, 2020, 04:20:24 AM »
Good stuff Cram!!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: February 10, 2020, 06:08:49 AM »
I love the update Cram. Very inspirational.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: February 10, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »
Podaar, do you know what telltale signs to look for to know you are in ketosis?  I've been going pretty well, extremely low carb through the week but a bit higher on the weekends to keep sane.  Not really trying per se to make sure I get to ketosis level, just curious to know.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: February 11, 2020, 06:08:56 AM »
Podaar, do you know what telltale signs to look for to know you are in ketosis?  I've been going pretty well, extremely low carb through the week but a bit higher on the weekends to keep sane.  Not really trying per se to make sure I get to ketosis level, just curious to know.

The only way to be sure is to pee on one of these reagent strips.

That being said, I can usually tell by how dry my mouth feels. It's a strange sensation, I can feel saliva in my mouth, but my teeth feel dry(?). I find the sensation to be more pronounced in the morning. Does your wife accuse you of dragon breath every morning?

Edit: If you're eating less than 50 carbs per day, you should be in ketosis. If you're eating less than 20 carbs per day, you surely must be in ketosis.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: February 11, 2020, 10:53:10 AM »
to be sure, you mean 50g of carbs, not 50 calories of carbs.  right?

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #908 on: February 11, 2020, 11:24:39 AM »
So I'm developing a new diet/fitness regime, and I just need a little help with one step. Here's what I got so far.

1) Eat whatever you want
2) Do whatever you want
3) ?????????
4) Be in great shape.

So I think I've done the heavy lifting on points 1, 2, and 4 but could use help with the mostly insignificant step 3.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »
Create custom definition of "great shape"