Author Topic: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Run Forest, Run!  (Read 188978 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. How's it goin this week?
« Reply #1575 on: July 17, 2020, 02:14:55 PM »
I think almond milk in a protein shake would be fine, but no way could I drink a glass of almond milk.

It's really good on its own. I prefer drinking it to real milk. I also use almond milk in my coffee and cappuccinos
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1576 on: July 17, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
I think almond milk in a protein shake would be fine, but no way could I drink a glass of almond milk.

It's really good on its own. I prefer drinking it to real milk. I also use almond milk in my coffee and cappuccinos

:tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1577 on: July 17, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »
You, you could probably hide it in a coffee.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1578 on: July 17, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »

I drink plain unsweetened almond milk pretty much every day.

For protein shakes though, I'll mainly use water though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1579 on: July 17, 2020, 02:46:44 PM »

Yeah, I usually only buy coffees but been getting them on almond milk for a few years now.  Works really really well.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1580 on: July 17, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »
I buy Silk Almond Unsweetened Original Milk and their slogan is "You'll go nuts, we promise.  And if you don't, we'll give your money back.  No hard feelings"...…………..I have never returned an Almond milk to date  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1581 on: July 17, 2020, 02:55:12 PM »
I buy Silk Almond Unsweetened Original Milk and their slogan is "You'll go nuts, we promise.  And if you don't, we'll give your money back.  No hard feelings"...…………..I have never returned an Almond milk to date  :lol

I love those type of down to earth slogans.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1582 on: July 17, 2020, 03:01:22 PM »

I love those type of down to earth slogans.

Silky Smooth, Taste You'll Love

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1583 on: July 17, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
The quicker picker upper

#howsthatone?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1584 on: July 17, 2020, 03:14:29 PM »
Whatever you do, just don't call it 'nut juice'  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1585 on: July 17, 2020, 04:05:43 PM »
I get the vanilla almond milk - unsweetened. Cereal and shakes/smoothies. Perfect so as to not drink my calories.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: July 17, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »
I get the vanilla almond milk - unsweetened. Cereal and shakes/smoothies. Perfect so as to not drink my calories.

I go for whatever unsweetened is on special, don't care about the brand, but I'm always stoked if an unsweetened vanilla is on sale.  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1587 on: July 17, 2020, 04:33:06 PM »

I go for whatever unsweetened is on special, don't care about the brand, but I'm always stoked if an unsweetened vanilla is on sale.  :metal

6-pack from Costco - always a good price.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1588 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57:56 PM »
Unsweetened almond milk rules.  I first tried it because it lasts so much longer than regular milk, but found that I prefer it anyway.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1589 on: July 18, 2020, 04:33:54 AM »

Costco over here you have to pay 60 bucks to sign up just to shop there.  Fuck that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1590 on: July 18, 2020, 04:34:57 AM »
Unsweetened almond milk rules.  I first tried it because it lasts so much longer than regular milk, but found that I prefer it anyway.

Most say discard after 5 days of opening or something but I've had some up to a week and a half or longer and they are always fine.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1591 on: July 18, 2020, 04:42:18 AM »

Costco over here you have to pay 60 bucks to sign up just to shop there.  Fuck that.

So?  It's $50 here.  On top of that, the Executive Membership is another $50, providing a 2% rebate cheque at the end of the year on every purchase you've made.  They guarantee a minimum rebate of $50, so it literally pays for itself.  I once had a rebate check of $330.  I'd say I the average rebate I've gotten is around $200.  Shopping at Costco is more than worth the membership fee.  EVERYTHING is less expensive at Costco - food staples, household supplies, clothes, electronics ... hell, they sell $100 iTunes gift cards for $90, and sometimes have them on sale for $80.  Also, protein powders and bars - WAAAAAYYY cheaper than the health stores.

Though, we have 2 kids living at home, so there's that.  If it's just you and your lady, you don't need quite as much - but I'd still bet it's more than worth the $60

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1592 on: July 18, 2020, 05:19:59 AM »

So?  It's $50 here.  On top of that, the Executive Membership is another $50, providing a 2% rebate cheque at the end of the year on every purchase you've made.  They guarantee a minimum rebate of $50, so it literally pays for itself.  I once had a rebate check of $330.  I'd say I the average rebate I've gotten is around $200.  Shopping at Costco is more than worth the membership fee.  EVERYTHING is less expensive at Costco - food staples, household supplies, clothes, electronics ... hell, they sell $100 iTunes gift cards for $90, and sometimes have them on sale for $80.  Also, protein powders and bars - WAAAAAYYY cheaper than the health stores.

Though, we have 2 kids living at home, so there's that.  If it's just you and your lady, you don't need quite as much - but I'd still bet it's more than worth the $60

Yeah fair enough, but I don't have the time for that sort of stuff.  I'm lazy as fuck, I want to walk into a store and pay for something and leave.  Sounds arrogant but I don't really need to worry about saving a few bucks here and there.  I'll look for specials but if nothing is on, I'm cheap as fuck anyway and only buy the essentials.

I probably should have mentioned  first off that the nearest Costco to me is over an hour drive anyway lol.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1593 on: July 18, 2020, 05:28:15 AM »
Well, there's that (the drive) too.  Nearest one to me currently is about 40 mins away.  We go probably 2x per month.  They're about 1/2 way thru building one that is about 15 mins away.  It was supposed to be done by September, but COVID delayed the start.  Hopefully it'll be up and running around Christmastime.

Though, the 'cheap as fuck' would play right in to being a member.  I pay $100 to get $200 rebate, PLUS all the savings.  No judgment here, it's just how I'm wired.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1594 on: July 18, 2020, 05:33:00 AM »
Well, there's that (the drive) too.  Nearest one to me currently is about 40 mins away.  We go probably 2x per month.  They're about 1/2 way thru building one that is about 15 mins away.  It was supposed to be done by September, but COVID delayed the start.  Hopefully it'll be up and running around Christmastime.

Though, the 'cheap as fuck' would play right in to being a member.  I pay $100 to get $200 rebate, PLUS all the savings.  No judgment here, it's just how I'm wired.

Didn't know you worked at Costco.  ;D jk.

There's supposed to be one getting built in my local area, if that ever happens then I'll definitely be looking more into it.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1595 on: July 18, 2020, 09:18:54 AM »

Most say discard after 5 days of opening or something but I've had some up to a week and a half or longer and they are always fine.
Mine says 7-10 days which is already longer than I'd keep open milk, but like you, I've had it for longer than that and it's always been fine. 

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1596 on: July 18, 2020, 11:25:24 AM »
Wolf, you can't be lazy as fuck if you run 500 miles a week lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1597 on: July 18, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »

With fitness I'm all over it, it's just everything else in life I have zero motivation for.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: July 18, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »

With fitness I'm all over it, it's just everything else in life I have zero motivation for.

:rollin  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1599 on: July 19, 2020, 03:53:33 AM »
It's weird, putting in at the gym or running 10 miles gets me going, but simple shit in life is just brutal and I couldn't be fucked.  Getting up, going to gym, appointment, putting the car in for servicing, buying anything that needs a bit of research, then especially if you have to put it together, cooking, washing, you name it, can't stand it.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1600 on: July 19, 2020, 03:54:43 AM »
10 mile (16km) run time today was down.  Did some 3x4km speed interval training last week for something different but back to a big run today.  1.24.11 last 10 mile but today was 1.25.00.  Gutted. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1601 on: July 19, 2020, 05:25:36 AM »
10 mile (16km) run time today was down.  Did some 3x4km speed interval training last week for something different but back to a big run today.  1.24.11 last 10 mile but today was 1.25.00.  Gutted.

Easy there Roger Bannister ... not every outing is gonna be a PB.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: July 19, 2020, 06:12:59 AM »

Easy there Roger Bannister ... not every outing is gonna be a PB.  :lol

Truth right here, unfortunately.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1603 on: July 19, 2020, 06:15:11 AM »
I get tired driving ten miles.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1604 on: July 19, 2020, 06:26:38 AM »
I get tired driving ten miles.

:lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1605 on: July 19, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
 :lol

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1606 on: July 20, 2020, 12:56:35 PM »

I pay for the $150 executive membership. I made my money back in just gas savings alone. I paid for it a second time just in meat purchases. I paid for it 1.5 more times last year when I got about $230 worth of Costco cash.   

Buying a membership to Costco is one of the best financial decisions you could make.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1607 on: July 20, 2020, 12:59:33 PM »
I crested under 180lbs with this morning's weigh-in ... 179.6.  Down 1lb over last week.  Weight loss isn't my goal right now, it's BF%.  It went down 0.1%.  If I can do that every week, that will make me a happier camper.  Half a percent per month will get me where I want to be by the spring.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1608 on: July 20, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »
Been having a frustrating couple of days. On the 27th, I started upping my daily walking from 5 miles to 7 miles, with bits of jogging sprinkled in. The weightloss hit a brick wall as soon as I made the change  :justjen I haven't broken 1600 calories in a day in weeks.

I've been in a hell of a groove lately. I've been doing a solid 7-8 miles a day around my area. It's 95% walking, but there's a number of 400'+ climbs and it's a heck of a work out, at least for my fat ass. I'll admit that my calorie intake is hovering around 900-1000 calories a day, but I don't feel weak, or tired, or fatigued, etc. I've gone from drinking 3/4 of a gallon of milk a day to just a 1/4 cup in a fruit smoothie.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: July 20, 2020, 01:09:28 PM »

I pay for the $150 executive membership. I made my money back in just gas savings alone. I paid for it a second time just in meat purchases. I paid for it 1.5 more times last year when I got about $230 worth of Costco cash.   

Buying a membership to Costco is one of the best financial decisions you could make.

Yea, the costco membership really works itself out if you shop there enough.  As a single dude, that means it doesn't work out too often in my favor since I just don't buy that much stuff.  However, I do get the membership every few years and will stock up on the things that will last for awhile and then let the membership slide until I need to stock up again... which will probably happen before the end of the year.