Author Topic: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Run Forest, Run!  (Read 192520 times)

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
Re: The Official Exercise/Fitness Thread v. Now with mental fitness!
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2020, 07:33:49 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I plan to keep going.  I'm going to try to get to 2 miles next.  Also, I want opinions on what I should add to my workout?  I don't have a gym membership and I haven't net bought any home gym equipment.  I was thinking of pushups or situps.  Any recomendations?
Do a 'deck of cards' workout. Each suit represents an exercise, and the value is reps. My standard is push ups, sit ups, squats and burpees. You can do "easier" decks by having the reps go 1-13 for ace through king. Or you can make it harder by having Jacks be 15, Queens 20 and Kings 25, or some other variation. I like to leave the jokers in and make them 5 of each exercise.

They're a really intense workout, and the randomness makes it fun. Well, sort of anyway. Just remember: the cards giveth and the cards taketh away

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1051 on: March 12, 2020, 08:28:07 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I plan to keep going.  I'm going to try to get to 2 miles next.  Also, I want opinions on what I should add to my workout?  I don't have a gym membership and I haven't net bought any home gym equipment.  I was thinking of pushups or situps.  Any recomendations?
Do a 'deck of cards' workout. Each suit represents an exercise, and the value is reps. My standard is push ups, sit ups, squats and burpees. You can do "easier" decks by having the reps go 1-13 for ace through king. Or you can make it harder by having Jacks be 15, Queens 20 and Kings 25, or some other variation. I like to leave the jokers in and make them 5 of each exercise.

They're a really intense workout, and the randomness makes it fun. Well, sort of anyway. Just remember: the cards giveth and the cards taketh away

Man, even I don't go that crazy!

Brother Lion... deck of cards are fun to do, and give a goal (reps and time) to measure against.  But be aware, If Jacks=11 / Queens=12 / Kings=13 / Aces=14... equates to 105 reps of each movement.  It's intense, even for fit people.

My recommendation would be 3x10 of body-weight squats, pushups (from your knees if necessary), and situps.  Or, if 3x10 is something you can already perform, find out what your failure rep count is.  Then rest and do 2-3 more sets trying to get to that.  It doesn't have to be complete/total failure - simply feeling like you're virtually exhausted is sufficient.  Most people usually have a few more reps in them at that point, but you don't have to go to total failure.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1052 on: March 15, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »
13km run yesterday (8 miles).  Time was 1 hour 19 minutes and 8 seconds.  6 minutes a km, pretty slow but still alright since I was pacing for a bigger run.  I don't know how people run marathons, jeez.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1053 on: March 15, 2020, 05:19:35 PM »
I've felt so damn tired lately that my work outs have taken a bit of a back seat.  I've been pretty damn good with just dieting though.  I weighed in around 186 today.  Getting close to 50lbs down.  Just did some bike riding today, I've been trying to do at least a little of that every day and I'm surprised I'm still losing given I have my cheat days too on the weekend. 

Well, part of that being tired was that I had to work an overnight on Wednesday and my job put me up in a hotel.  The bathroom had a much better and bigger mirror than anything I have at home and it was the first time in awhile that I looked at my whole body not distorted and I can't recall ever seeing my legs so thin.  I still have a belly but it seems my legs which have always been fairly thick (it's a trait of my dad's side) actually not be so thick.  I always didn't mind my legs having some meat on them and would rather attack that belly but I was and am a bit amazed at how skinny my legs are getting.  Also, my arms and wrists.  Seems the extremities are getting hit the most with killing fat.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: March 15, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
That's fantastic Marc!  You're gonna be lighter than me in a couple of weeks at this pace.  I weighed in at 182.4 this week.  Had a strong week with my diet - I've converted breakfast to be a 2-scoop protein shake (with almond milk), 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, and 20g of almonds.  Along with a few glasses of water, that fills me quite nicely until 1-ish

Workouts have been strong - I skipped today, because I did a crap load of hard yard-work today - lots of digging into some seriously hard dirt/clay.  Wrapped up with a beer on the porch - even though it was only 4oC.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1055 on: March 15, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »
The gym is empty right now! OMG!! Wait... it's always like this.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1056 on: March 15, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
  Getting close to 50lbs down. 

:clap:

That's awesome!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1057 on: March 15, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
up with a beer on the porch - even though it was only 4oC.
Screw you lol. It's -17oC in Edmonton today. I still braved the cold for a 90 minute mtb session though

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: March 15, 2020, 08:12:06 PM »
up with a beer on the porch - even though it was only 4oC.
Screw you lol. It's -17oC in Edmonton today. I still braved the cold for a 90 minute mtb session though

Yeah, I saw that Alberta got clobbered.  -33C in Calgary!!   :omg:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: March 16, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
That's fantastic Marc!  You're gonna be lighter than me in a couple of weeks at this pace.  I weighed in at 182.4 this week.  Had a strong week with my diet - I've converted breakfast to be a 2-scoop protein shake (with almond milk), 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, and 20g of almonds.  Along with a few glasses of water, that fills me quite nicely until 1-ish

Workouts have been strong - I skipped today, because I did a crap load of hard yard-work today - lots of digging into some seriously hard dirt/clay.  Wrapped up with a beer on the porch - even though it was only 4oC.

Thanks, I might get lighter but I will still be fatter based on our height differences.  I'm actually wondering how much of my belly is fat vs just excess skin as disgusting as that sounds.  My belly is just so flabby but even in that area, I am seeing some improvements.  Also have been solid in that last belt buckle for a couple weeks now.  Next up would be a new belt (for the second time) but I don't see that on the horizon anytime soon since I wear my belt/pants just under my belly which means there's not much to loose there anymore.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: March 16, 2020, 12:59:15 PM »

Thanks, I might get lighter but I will still be fatter based on our height differences.  I'm actually wondering how much of my belly is fat vs just excess skin as disgusting as that sounds.  My belly is just so flabby but even in that area, I am seeing some improvements.  Also have been solid in that last belt buckle for a couple weeks now.  Next up would be a new belt (for the second time) but I don't see that on the horizon anytime soon since I wear my belt/pants just under my belly which means there's not much to loose there anymore.

You'd be surprised.  That's how I wear my pants, and in the winter I had to buy 32' waist jeans for like the first time since I was probably 11 - I was always a porky kid.  For most of my adult life, I'd been 38'... then 36' when I first lost a bunch of weight 13 years ago ... dropped to 34' a couple years ago, and now 32'.  Not that I really trust the labels - I firmly believe a 32' today is the same as a 34' of 10 years ago.  Clothing manufacturers know how to stroke the ego.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: March 16, 2020, 01:24:26 PM »
Marc, I'm so happy for you. It's awesome to read your progress!

Can we talk caffeine withdrawals? I have a very unhealthy relationship with caffeine; at this point, I've had an unhealthy obsession with energy drinks (Monster, particularly) for almost half my life which is a little sobering from that perspective. Anyway, I always make a large coffee or cappuccino to start my day, then I have between 1-3 Monsters throughout the day to keep me awake and energized at work; the more physical activity, the more I consume to stay alert and then go to the gym later. Well last week I inadvertently abruptly stopped the energy drinks, and although I had a couple over the weekend, I believe the drastic reduction in caffeine contributed to these constant, dull headaches in the back left of my head.

So I took a very long nap on my lunch today, about 45 minutes of my hour, laying in bed. When I got up and back to work, the headache was returning, but I popped a Monster Zero Ultra and as of right now, the headache is gone. Leg is restless, though, I mean hopping mad jittery, but I feel normal again. (I always drink Monster Rehabs which have 10 calories, no sugar, are non-carbonated, and made with tea, but I slipped into the sugary deliciousness recently, unfortunately)

So I guess I'm going to have 'wean' myself off caffeine which I haven't had to do in years. Ugh. But, I suppose it's for the best, and I need to use this as a chance to ditch the energy drinks for good. I am getting concerned about my blood pressure even though I don't check it.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: March 16, 2020, 02:14:09 PM »
I don't have much advice to offer for caffeine addiction, but sounds like you know you need to find a way to combat it.  I'd say start by stopping with the energy drinks and move to coffee.  Much better for your body.  That monster stuff is really really bad for you especially if you are drinking such large amounts of it.  I think if you just switched your source of caffeine you may be better off without even limiting it.  I get my own caffiene withdrawal if I don't have any throughout a day with a headache.  I drink two cups of coffee every day.  Occasionally only 1 or 3.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1063 on: March 16, 2020, 02:20:26 PM »
I don't have much advice to offer for caffeine addiction, but sounds like you know you need to find a way to combat it.  I'd say start by stopping with the energy drinks and move to coffee.  Much better for your body.  That monster stuff is really really bad for you especially if you are drinking such large amounts of it.  I think if you just switched your source of caffeine you may be better off without even limiting it.  I get my own caffiene withdrawal if I don't have any throughout a day with a headache.  I drink two cups of coffee every day.  Occasionally only 1 or 3.

That's good advice, I was considering that, since the headaches are a real buzzkill, and I'm not sure how I'd fare without replacing it with something. Each can has 140mg caffeine, so on a really bad day that's 420mg from 3 monsters plus whatever is in the big coffee mug I make in the morning. Yeah, that's bad.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
I haven't posted in here recently but I've been reading and just want to say; @ Brother Lion, excellent!  :tup :tup; @ Kade, awesome!  :tup :tup; @ Cram, spectacular  :tup :tup :tup. @ Chad, cool.  :tup.

Ya'll are inspiring!

Katt,

I had a similar issue with coffee/caffeine a few years ago. I would literally drink 1-1/2 large pots of coffee per day.  It put a lot of strain on my kidneys and contributed mightily to a slight ulceration in by stomach. I'm down to one cup per morning now.

I kicked the habit by cutting to one cup and then treating the headaches with a couple of ibuprofen for a few days. I don't miss the caffeine any more. I hope something like that works for you.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1065 on: March 16, 2020, 02:53:17 PM »
WTH... only 1  :tup for me.   :sad:   :lol

Anyway... I'm on board with restricting caffeine.  I try to limit myself to 2 cups in the morning, and 1-2 in the afternoon.  Though, I'm trying to wean off of that afternoon caffeine periodically.  I've actually not had any coffee since this morning.  I do find myself brewing decaf in the late morning, as I like to have a hot cup of something to sip at while working.

Ironically, as I start to type this, I feel a bit of a headache brewing.  If I go without for 24+ hours, I definitely feel it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1066 on: March 16, 2020, 03:27:58 PM »
I drink entirely too much caffeine. I start the day off with a 40 oz tumbler...that usually tides me through until 11ish. If I'm at my office I'll have anywhere from 2-5 single serve cups.....if I'm out and about at job sites and meetings then most of the time none. I'll then make another 40 oz tumbler around 6ish that I'll finish up around 9ish.

so I'm easily 80 oz of coffee a day....some days a tad more. Straight black, and the night cap tumbler is usually pretty light on the brew. I just really like coffee.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1067 on: March 16, 2020, 03:33:12 PM »
Coffee has actually been a huge help for me in my diet.  Drinking it black so it's essentially 0 calories and it helps me not feel hungry, I am often tempted to drink more than my 2 cups (and on the days I feel the hungriest is when I push to 3 cups).  But I really don't want to get myself anymore addicted than I already am so I have yet to have a 4 cup day and really hope I don't ever feel that urge.  One thing that has helped me is to not drink a full cup at once, put it aside and reheat and finish it off an hour or two later to help with the mental side of needing to put food/drinks in my mouth. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: March 16, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
Ewww, reheated coffee! Never been able to get on board with that.  :lol

My headaches have been gone all afternoon but I think I'm still gonna take a nap when I get home in a few. Going to take the advice here and try to wean off slowly. Thanks for the tips, guys.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1069 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
To be fair, I use cheap k-cups so the coffee is never really that good to begin with  :lol I'm actually relatively new to coffee only having started drinking it about 5 years ago.  I used to drink a lot of soda to get my caffeine fix and when I cut that from my diet completely, I finally started drinking coffee and not really liking it so I put so much cream and sugar in them to make them taste good.  Over time, I've come to enjoy it and even with eliminating all the extras, I've still found I can enjoy the cheap black coffee so I choose also not to spoil myself.  I'd hate myself if I came to be a coffee snob only for the fact that it will cost me more money.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: March 16, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »

You've already reached the pinnacle, my man. You only need a slight 'atta boy'.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: March 16, 2020, 04:10:08 PM »
To Kade (and anyone else who's thinking of the Keto diet)

Mrs. P and I discovered something that, while not a pitfall, is worth considering. I think I've mentioned that we've only focused on the ratio of fat/protein/carbs (roughly 70/25/5 %) in our food...with the caveat that we stay in the 20g of carbs per day range. It has worked well and we are both closer to our weight goals, but we both have stalled recently. I think I also mentioned that I've stayed the same weight for over a month. Well, last week we both noticed that we were gaining weight again. I put on five unanticipated pounds and Mrs. P six!

That's when I had the idea that we may just be eating too many calories. We started counting up what we were consuming compared to what we can reasonably expect to burn given our activity levels. As you know, high fat foods (even though we avoid trans fats) are loaded with calories. It adds up quick and I found that we were eating about 20% more than we should. Of course, just exercising more would take care of the issue, but we new that would be difficult with our schedules.

Well, we started being more judicious with the fats and rotated in extra veggies to tuck in the corners at mealtime. In five days our ketone counts went up and the amount we gained (and then some) just melted off.

So, learn from our error. Yes, eating between 20-50g of carbs while eating plenty of healthy fat is what's required to get into ketosis, but it's not a blank check.

Offline H2

« Reply #1072 on: March 16, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »
I lost a ton of fat on keto. Would recommend (for a short term - only 8 weeks I'd say). I did lose strength and athletic ability however.

Next two weeks in quarantine in my tiny apt, I found a few zenlabs app programs to increase pushups, squats, sit-ups, and pull-ups. Gonna have to settle on that before I'm allowed to leave the house and can start running again.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: March 16, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »
We've already exceeded that by 17 weeks, and I'm gaining strength, muscle tone and endurance. I've no plan to stop any soon, especially considering my A1C levels. Besides, Halle Berry has been on the keto diet for years...I should be so fit!  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1074 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
To Kade (and anyone else who's thinking of the Keto diet)

Mrs. P and I discovered something that, while not a pitfall, is worth considering. I think I've mentioned that we've only focused on the ratio of fat/protein/carbs (roughly 70/25/5 %) in our food...with the caveat that we stay in the 20g of carbs per day range. It has worked well and we are both closer to our weight goals, but we both have stalled recently. I think I also mentioned that I've stayed the same weight for over a month. Well, last week we both noticed that we were gaining weight again. I put on five unanticipated pounds and Mrs. P six!

That's when I had the idea that we may just be eating too many calories. We started counting up what we were consuming compared to what we can reasonably expect to burn given our activity levels. As you know, high fat foods (even though we avoid trans fats) are loaded with calories. It adds up quick and I found that we were eating about 20% more than we should. Of course, just exercising more would take care of the issue, but we new that would be difficult with our schedules.

Well, we started being more judicious with the fats and rotated in extra veggies to tuck in the corners at mealtime. In five days our ketone counts went up and the amount we gained (and then some) just melted off.

So, learn from our error. Yes, eating between 20-50g of carbs while eating plenty of healthy fat is what's required to get into ketosis, but it's not a blank check.

Oh yeah, I think my decent knowledge on nutrition has helped me burn a lot of fat over the last 10 weeks or so.  Even though my fat has drastically increased, my food portions and the amount has lowered.  I've done that from the start.  It was tricky to adjust too, but loving the fatty foods so it's worth it.  However, with my training increasing, so has the food and it's working well.  I don't count calories at all.  I know how much I'm eating based on eyeballing what I put on the plate but use to count calories and took so much focus off my training.  I'm pretty intuitive.

Gregg, both protein and carbs have 4 calories per gram.  Fat on the other hand has 9 calories per gram, so while low carb is great for the keto effect it seems, yeah, eating too much will put you in a caloric surplus, you have to find the right balance.  Good job on getting it off quickly though.  Once you're in the fat burning zone, it doesn't take long to get it back off once a little has creeped on.  Basically, you eat more calories than what you mean, doesn't matter the macros, you'll put the weight on.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: March 16, 2020, 05:15:01 PM »
I lost a ton of fat on keto. Would recommend (for a short term - only 8 weeks I'd say). I did lose strength and athletic ability however.

Next two weeks in quarantine in my tiny apt, I found a few zenlabs app programs to increase pushups, squats, sit-ups, and pull-ups. Gonna have to settle on that before I'm allowed to leave the house and can start running again.

I'm glad to have my own exercise bike, bench, and dumbbells for times like this.  My job has been think tanking some ideas of exercise regiments for everyone working at home.  Like friendly competition things to keep people active on working out while not leaving home.  I've never done these before (last year they had a step counter competition) but maybe it's time to participate if they do come up with something.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: March 16, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »
Marc, I'm so happy for you. It's awesome to read your progress!

Can we talk caffeine withdrawals? I have a very unhealthy relationship with caffeine; at this point, I've had an unhealthy obsession with energy drinks (Monster, particularly) for almost half my life which is a little sobering from that perspective. Anyway, I always make a large coffee or cappuccino to start my day, then I have between 1-3 Monsters throughout the day to keep me awake and energized at work; the more physical activity, the more I consume to stay alert and then go to the gym later. Well last week I inadvertently abruptly stopped the energy drinks, and although I had a couple over the weekend, I believe the drastic reduction in caffeine contributed to these constant, dull headaches in the back left of my head.

So I took a very long nap on my lunch today, about 45 minutes of my hour, laying in bed. When I got up and back to work, the headache was returning, but I popped a Monster Zero Ultra and as of right now, the headache is gone. Leg is restless, though, I mean hopping mad jittery, but I feel normal again. (I always drink Monster Rehabs which have 10 calories, no sugar, are non-carbonated, and made with tea, but I slipped into the sugary deliciousness recently, unfortunately)

So I guess I'm going to have 'wean' myself off caffeine which I haven't had to do in years. Ugh. But, I suppose it's for the best, and I need to use this as a chance to ditch the energy drinks for good. I am getting concerned about my blood pressure even though I don't check it.

Holy hell!!  Yeah mate, cut that back, as others have said, maybe keep the coffee for now but cut back the energy drinks.  I use to drink 1 a day and they would always make me feel sick, but I'd keep buying them.  As I've said in the past the Zero Ultra ones (so good I might add) were a great tool to cut calories.  I've gone past that phase but yeah, cold turkey won't be easy, definitely try and cut back in stages.

Anyway... I'm on board with restricting caffeine.  I try to limit myself to 2 cups in the morning, and 1-2 in the afternoon.  Though, I'm trying to wean off of that afternoon caffeine periodically.  I've actually not had any coffee since this morning.  I do find myself brewing decaf in the late morning, as I like to have a hot cup of something to sip at while working.

Ironically, as I start to type this, I feel a bit of a headache brewing.  If I go without for 24+ hours, I definitely feel it.

Jeez, that still seems like a lot.

I only really get coffee on the weekends when I'm out.  I don't drink it through the week normally.  Maybe might grab a double espresso if I'm travelling between work places, but it's not often.  I'm so tired through the day though, at times I can hardly keep my eyes open and even talk properly to people.  My caffeine fix is an afternoon preworkout.  They say have a tub then take 2 weeks or so between tubs.  lol yeah, about 50 tubs in a row should be fine.  :lol

Coffee has actually been a huge help for me in my diet.  Drinking it black so it's essentially 0 calories and it helps me not feel hungry, I am often tempted to drink more than my 2 cups (and on the days I feel the hungriest is when I push to 3 cups).  But I really don't want to get myself anymore addicted than I already am so I have yet to have a 4 cup day and really hope I don't ever feel that urge.  One thing that has helped me is to not drink a full cup at once, put it aside and reheat and finish it off an hour or two later to help with the mental side of needing to put food/drinks in my mouth. 

Yep, it's a great weight loss tool, and great if you are doing IF.  As you said, have to watch and limit yourself.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: March 16, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »

This is timely.  This was just posted yesterday (I follow this guy religiously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1E5CfRfos

Thankfully, I have fairly decent home gym, with pretty much everything I need to still be able to lift effectively.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: March 17, 2020, 12:10:38 AM »

This is timely.  This was just posted yesterday (I follow this guy religiously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc1E5CfRfos

Thankfully, I have fairly decent home gym, with pretty much everything I need to still be able to lift effectively.

Jeff Cavillere?  Can't click the link, at work.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: March 17, 2020, 12:13:16 AM »
Really enjoying this running thing.  Last week I calculated I think I ran 27km over the course of the week.  A bit of a run every arvo after my weights session and then the big one on Sunday.

Sunday arvo I made the big call once I worked out the distance to up it this week to 30km over the week.  It's Tuesday arvo and only did a 3km run yesterday and I feel like trash.  About to do a leg session in an hour plus try and push out a few more km.  Definitely bit off more than I could chew but a challenge and a half.  Legs are so sore, they need a break. 

Still pushing my weights though and making sure strength doesn't decrease with the extra running.  So far so good.  Going to need a lot of pre workout to get these legs to deadlift and squat this arvo.

Offline H2

« Reply #1080 on: March 17, 2020, 04:43:20 AM »
I had to google 'arvo' LOL. Ignorant american checking in. What would you say are your performance goals for lifting and running? Those are my exercise activities (running more so).

@ Podaar - Well, if ketos working great for you and your performance is increasing, I'm no expert but I would say keep at it! I think the duration a keto diet should last probably depends a lot on one's starting point. If you have someone who is already pretty lean or well-trained, I would guess there would be a point where keto gets in the way of performance.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: March 17, 2020, 05:25:55 AM »

You've already reached the pinnacle, my man. You only need a slight 'atta boy'.

You've got incredibly low standards if you think I'm the picture of 'pinnacle'.   :lol  I think that's reserved for Big Hath - I remember him posting either here, or in the post-your-pic thread and damn that dude was in shape (I assume he still is).  I'm getting to where I want to be - slowly but surely.

@ Kade... yes, Jeff Cavaliere.  And I too had to Google "arvo".  First time you used it, I was certain it was an autocorrect of something, but then I was like "wtf?".   :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: March 17, 2020, 05:59:14 AM »
Ha!  Yeah sorry, didn't even think using the word 'arvo' would confuse anyone.  Bloody Aussies!  ;D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1083 on: March 17, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »
Ha!  Yeah sorry, didn't even think using the word 'arvo' would confuse anyone.  Bloody Aussies!  ;D

Crikey!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: March 17, 2020, 08:24:14 AM »

:lol never heard that word either