Author Topic: So there's this girl.... v.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  (Read 7694 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: So there's this girl.... v3.PO
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 06:01:18 AM »
 :lol

I forgot about that.

Don't show Chino that picture.  He hates Top Gun.  He turning it off after 15 minutes.  CHINO!  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 06:21:00 AM »
Fuck Top Gun.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 06:28:26 AM »
See! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »
Just do it, bro. So many opportunities could be missed if you don't. And then living with regret just sucks.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
Supernatural fan? Tread carefully.

I mean, definitely go for it, but keep an eye out...

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:47 PM »
I need an update on this, it's been too long.

NEWS DAMMIT.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2015, 10:49:12 PM »
Find out if she likes Nickelback.  If she does, turn and walk away.  Never look back.

:tdwn
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 01:12:25 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:40 AM »

Serioulsy. I took the chance I had a while ago with this girl, and now we're dating.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 04:48:40 AM »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Cable

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »
It sounds like you have a few reservations.  That's not unusual.  Just make it clear to her from the outset that this relationship will be on your terms.  You will see each other when it is convenient for you.  You will do things that you want to do, for as long as you want to.  She chased you down, remember?  Tell her that this is how it will be.  If she's not up for that, fine.  You weren't looking for a relationship in the first place.

Solid advice.

I'm about to get out of a marriage, and for a handful of reasons, I am also not looking for a relationship anytime within a year probably. If I meet someone, maybe. But I will make it clear to that person what happened, what I expect and so on.

Same goes for this girl MetalJunkie. If you want a night off a week for whatever, or you are broke, say so. If she gets pissed and runs, as Orbert said, tough for her. You have your needs, and you didn't fully want this anyway. Things might change, she might be awesome and so on. Take the ride with her, and if it ends, well the time you had on that ride was fun.

Relationships suck, but they are also wonderful. We cannot seem to experience the emotions they bring without them, otherwise why would the majority of peoples keep trying them.

Well, and there is that other thing too.
---

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:28 AM »
It sounds like you have a few reservations.  That's not unusual.  Just make it clear to her from the outset that this relationship will be on your terms.  You will see each other when it is convenient for you.  You will do things that you want to do, for as long as you want to.  She chased you down, remember?  Tell her that this is how it will be.  If she's not up for that, fine.  You weren't looking for a relationship in the first place.

Wait... is she hot?  If so, forget everything I said.  Just go for it.  She sounds great.

I gotta say as a female, if I met a new guy and he treated me like that, saying that it's on his terms, we'll see one another when HE finds it convenient, he'll keep doing what he wants to do, and so forth, I'd run a mile. It's just too much for a brand new thing, it would make me think the guy had a huge ego or didn't really know what he was doing in relationships. And sound arrogant and cocky. I would think well, forget I said anything, and continue the search for someone excited to date me rather than laying a load of ground rules down from the start.

It's good to keep things working for you, to not put yourself out to see someone, obviously essential to maintain your own interests, but in new 'relationships' or whatever this is, surely a 'show' and not 'tell' attitude is better? You can convey you're secure and don't need her and are gonna keep your own life going by the way you act, not seeing her too often, not always being available, but if someone actually says it all it doesn't come across well I don't think. Not sure if you were joking about that whole bit of the post Orbert by the 'if she's hot' but on the offchance you weren't, those were my thoughts. I mean there are some women out there who would just see this as a challenge and probably dig the whole 'being kept at a distance' thing but possibly not the totally most emotionally secure and stable people...

Same goes for this girl MetalJunkie. If you want a night off a week for whatever, or you are broke, say so. If she gets pissed and runs, as Orbert said, tough for her. You have your needs, and you didn't fully want this anyway. Things might change, she might be awesome and so on. Take the ride with her, and if it ends, well the time you had on that ride was fun.

Always surprises me when I see stuff like this about having a night off a week, in a new relationship I'd have said it's pretty weird to see each other every single night until it naturally develops into that months down the line. People shouldn't have to ask for a night off, it should be assumed you're 'off' until one of you asks the other out on a date or to hang out, at least at first.

Sorry to hear about the end of your marriage.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »
Solid advice.

I gotta say as a female, if I met a new guy and he treated me like that, saying that it's on his terms, we'll see one another when HE finds it convenient, he'll keep doing what he wants to do, and so forth, I'd run a mile.

Whoa, slow down, people.  I tried to make my "advice" so over-the-top that it would be obvious that I was not serious.

This was supposed to be the "punchline":

Wait... is she hot?  If so, forget everything I said.  Just go for it.  She sounds great.

No one here should take relationship advice from me.  I dated the first girl I met after I graduated high school, dated her for seven years, then married her.  We've been married 26 years.  I know nothing about dating.  I'm a computer programmer progheaded geek nerd, remember?

I have never been pursued when I was not looking for a relationship, so I have no idea how that would work.  I think it would be a good idea to make that clear to whoever was interested in me, but my example was supposed to be that of someone who was being a complete asshole about it, hoping to chase her away.  I don't know.  Maybe that would work for some people.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:19 AM »
I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not, it really seemed it! But then again I am well known for being gullible and taking things literally, so my apologies :P Although to be fair you wouldn't actually believe the number of people online who do dish out your advice word for word and mean it. It sounded kinda pick up artisty and I didn't know your relationship background :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:00:43 AM by nightmare_cinema »
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »
I took a chance with a girl off Tinder and we've been together almost two years now and have a house.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »

NEWS DAMMIT.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:12 PM »

NEWS DAMMIT.

Clearly she was batshit-Mariah-Carrey-crazy, and has thrown him in a hole in her basement.  Junkie is probably rubbing lotion all over himself at this very moment.  Or getting hosed... depends on how obedient he is.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »
I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not, it really seemed it! But then again I am well known for being gullible and taking things literally, so my apologies :P Although to be fair you wouldn't actually believe the number of people online who do dish out your advice word for word and mean it. It sounded kinda pick up artisty and I didn't know your relationship background :)

It occurred to me later that the "joke" would depend on people reading it and just going "Ha ha, no."  I didn't consider that there are people who would say exactly that, and that it could be a valid position, given the person and the situation.  I can be an asshole, no question, but around here I try to keep things in check.

I was serious though, that if she's hot, just go for it.  That's advice any guy would give to any other guy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
2009. There was a certain someone who worked at the coffee shop where I lived.

I was absolutely crazy about this certain someone but it was 300% obvious that there was absolutely nothing in return.

My God it hurt so much.

So I pretty much decided to carry on being single :lol

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »

NEWS DAMMIT.
Not much of an update. She's out of town for work right now. We're just randomly texting and I'm kicking her ass in Trivia Crack.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 11:54:20 PM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: So there's this girl.... v.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 12:01:59 AM »
CarleyFries....operation kidnap Junkie's possible love of his life...START! LOOK FOR ANYONE WHO LOOKS LIKE A CURLY FRY WITH TITS!!

But srsly, good on you.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2015, 12:06:39 AM »
Dude, did you go on hiatus? I feel like I haven't seen you post in a while. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 12:07:05 AM »
Cool deal! Her reply to your 'bubble' reference suggests she's got a cool sense of humor. Good luck!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »
Dude, did you go on hiatus? I feel like I haven't seen you post in a while. Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

Yes sir! I just got back a couple weeks ago. Well, here I did, I got back to the states and civilization a month ago but I had so much shit to catch up on that I didn't even turn on my computer for a few weeks.

RIP DTP.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:02 AM »

Yes sir! I just got back a couple weeks ago. Well, here I did, I got back to the states and civilization a month ago but I had so much shit to catch up on that I didn't even turn on my computer for a few weeks.
Welcome back bebe :heart

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 12:42:26 AM »
 :heart :heart :heart :smiley: :smiley:

RIP DTP.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
mmm...the plot thickens....no?
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:27 AM »
Something thickens.

:angel:

RIP DTP.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 06:06:34 AM »
Sweeeet, good job and good luck

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 12:04:57 PM »
 :tup

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
Something thickens.

:angel:

Haha, nice reference to a penis :lol :lol :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »
eyyyyyyy.  nice one dawg.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 08:54:19 PM »
Yayy, just saw this thread! Good call asking her out and let us know how it goes :caffeine:

I think a lot of people have the misconception that a relationship HAS to be a huge time and money investment. Sure, it requires some of both, but you don't have to see each other every day and it doesn't HAVE to get super serious if you're not ready for that. Naturally, in the "honeymoon" phase people tend to spend a lot of time together, but you're entitled to whatever space you need. You don't necessarily need to lay out "rules" but you can say up front that you have a lot going on and it's nothing personal if you can't hang out all the time, or whatever. For me, it's not only being busy but also an energy thing- my job is very draining and I'm hella stressed a lot of the time, and the best way to unwind is to be alone. At the end of the day I'm an introvert and I need quiet time away from people, so I set a ton of alone time aside for myself, and anybody who has a problem with that can kiss my ass. I've had relationships where I spent several days a week with a person, and others where I only saw the person maybe once a month because we both have a lot of shit going on (and ones that have gone from one extreme to another). Just let it unfold the way it does and good things will happen  :tup
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.