Author Topic: So there's this girl.... v.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  (Read 7692 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
So there's this girl.... v.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
« on: July 14, 2015, 09:39:14 PM »
So there's this girl at work that is obviously head over heels for me. All my co-workers have commented on how she's always flirting with me, the girls on the sales floor are constantly asking "what's the 411?" and my friends keep asking "So when you gonna start dating her?"

Sigh

I've been telling myself for the past few years I have neither the time nor the money for a relationship. Money's not as much an issue now, but time... Well, I don't know. I might just be using that as an argument so I don't have to put any effort into another relationship. I keep telling myself I enjoy being single, but I don't know. She's a Supernatural fan, a gamer, a movie fan, likes pretty much everything I do. We get along pretty damn well. Fuck. FUUUUCK.

Psycho-analyyyyyze... NOW
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:54:35 PM by MetalJunkie »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Re: So there's this girl.... v3.PO
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
just go for it.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
How is this even a thread? Just do it.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »
She's a Supernatural fan, a gamer, a movie fan, likes pretty much everything I do. We get along pretty damn well. Fuck.
I don't know what Supernatural is, but it sounds like you find plenty to like about the girl. Quit looking for excuses. Unless you're just so enamored of your current career path and/or getting so much amazing tail on the side, you have no need of them.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:59:17 PM »
How is this even a thread?
Because apparently in the past few years my balls have shriveled up. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Shitty part is, I want a relationship, but I hate dating. Or... like the preliminary first few dates, anyway.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 10:00:54 PM »
Don't let your dreams be dreams, bro.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »
I thought about asking her to join some friends when we go see Ant-Man. She knows a couple of them, so I don't think she'd feel awkward.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:41:49 PM »
nah, just take her to it by yourself, you can do it!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 10:51:37 PM »
Well I'm already going with a group of friends. I just figured I might extend the invite to her as well. She is a Marvel fan, after all.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »
How about in terms of music?  She opened to what you like?  You opened to what she likes?  Etc.?

Offline Skeever

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 05:04:48 AM »
Yeah just go for it.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 05:23:19 AM »
If she already really likes you, you probably don't have to worry about the first few dates. Those are tricky only if you have to try very hard to get the girl to like you, but apparently you've skipped that part. Sorry if that sounded a bit harsh, but there you go, a honest comment. Go for it, it shouldn't be stressful.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 05:42:01 AM »
Be upfront and let her know you have time constraints but you are interested in seeing her.  Sounds like you are already interested, just worried which is fine and normal.  Don't hold yourself back though and honestly you might find that you'd rather spend that time with her than whatever else you are doing.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 05:46:08 AM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »
Hey, why don't you not accept that Billion dollars dropped in you lap as well.

*Bitch slaps*

Do the group Ant Man thing then ask her out again!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:41 AM »
"what's the 411?"

what does this even mean
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 06:35:31 AM »
What's the Info.  Dialing 411 in USA is asking to talk to an operator for information.  So give us the info?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 06:55:48 AM »
Find out if she likes Nickelback.  If she does, turn and walk away.  Never look back.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »
Find out if she likes Nickelback.  If she does, turn and walk away.  Never look back.

And if she likes Steel Panther?.......propose?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »
Hell. Yes. Nail her in the ladies' room.

FTF Steel Panther

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 07:02:33 AM »

FTF Steel Panther

Meet, meet you in the Ladies' Room.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 07:03:13 AM »
For my money, you can't be too soon.
 :gene:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:09 AM »
Take Coz's advice. He's won the wife lottery. He knows what's what when it comes to the ladies.

Oh, King too.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »
Well I'm already going with a group of friends. I just figured I might extend the invite to her as well. She is a Marvel fan, after all.

Then be ready, willing and able to accept one of your friends mowing your lawn.

Not sure why the drama; ask her to get a drink after work.   Pick a game, a TV show or something and when you get there make it the start of a conversation.  "Hey, did you watch that last episode of Sons of Anarchy?  What's with the crow?" or something.   If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.  If she's really as into you as you say (and I have no reason to doubt you) she'll overlook any nervousness or cobwebs. 

Hell, the first date with my fiancé, I was waiting for her and she had changed her hair color without me knowing so was like 90 times hotter than I thought, so I was taken off my game bad.   I was as nervous as I have ever been on a date.   We sat down at the restaurant and I went with something dumb about Vince Neil or something, and we ended up sitting at the table for FOUR HOURS without even so much as ordering a drink.  (I tipped the waitress $20 anyway, and as we were walking out, the owner came running out to ask what was wrong; I had recovered my wits enough to say "nothing wrong at all; first date with a beautiful woman and ordering food was the last thing on my mind".  We've been together ever since, almost two years). 

Just be yourself.   Don't deny your nerves or pretend they don't exist, but don't be slave to them either.   Go with your strengths:  yourself.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 08:18:26 AM »
She's a Supernatural fan, a gamer, a movie fan, likes pretty much everything I do. We get along pretty damn well. Fuck. FUUUUCK.
All you need to consider right here.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
It sounds like you have a few reservations.  That's not unusual.  Just make it clear to her from the outset that this relationship will be on your terms.  You will see each other when it is convenient for you.  You will do things that you want to do, for as long as you want to.  She chased you down, remember?  Tell her that this is how it will be.  If she's not up for that, fine.  You weren't looking for a relationship in the first place.

Wait... is she hot?  If so, forget everything I said.  Just go for it.  She sounds great.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:49 AM »
Just go for it. There was this girl once who really liked me but I was too much of a chickenshit to ask her out. Eventually we started dating ad now we've been together for six and a half years. You never know what can happen but nothing good will come if you don't take a chance. Since she already likes you it's not like you have to worry about if she's into you or not. So ask her out. It could end up working out really well for the both of you.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
She likes Supernatural? That's enough to give her the Pooper Scooper™

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 10:40:26 AM »
Regrets suck man, take a chance.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »
gopher it

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 01:58:42 PM »
For what it's worth, anytime I was ever nervous on a date, I admitted to it.  I would say something like "I'll warn you now, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I'll be tripping over my words and my own two feet all night.".  That usually broke the ice, got a good laugh from her, and gave me an automatic excuse for any flubs during the night.

When my wife and I went on our first date, we were making-out in the car and I accidentally  :biggrin: touched her breast; we stopped kissing and I said "oopps... sorry.".  She proceeded to put my hand back where it was and told me to find a quieter place for us to talk about what just happened.  I've been a blessed man ever since!

The point is, go with it man!  You never know what's going to happen!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
For what it's worth, anytime I was ever nervous on a date, I admitted to it.  I would say something like "I'll warn you now, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I'll be tripping over my words and my own two feet all night.".  That usually broke the ice, got a good laugh from her, and gave me an automatic excuse for any flubs during the night.

When my wife and I went on our first date, we were making-out in the car and I accidentally  :biggrin: touched her breast; we stopped kissing and I said "oopps... sorry.".  She proceeded to put my hand back where it was and told me to find a quieter place for us to talk about what just happened.  I've been a blessed man ever since!

The point is, go with it man!  You never know what's going to happen!

:lol I like that suggestion.  I haven't had the nervousness issue on first dates, but maybe I just haven't met the girl to make me nervous yet... when I do, I will use that line.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 07:24:48 PM »
When my wife and I went on our first date, we were making-out in the car and I accidentally  :biggrin: touched her breast; we stopped kissing and I said "oopps... sorry.".  She proceeded to put my hand back where it was and told me to find a quieter place for us to talk about what just happened.

colour me aroused

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 10:41:33 PM »

FTF Steel Panther

Meet, meet you in the Ladies' Room.

"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."