Kevin Moore
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: A Wasp  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran
Re: A Wasp
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
I grew up with bees and wasps, but I have no idea why they conjure up so much hate. Sure, they sting occasionally,  but not even remotely as much as people make it out to be. In fact, I always suspect that it's the inevitable thrashing by people that makes them sting (witnessed just that yesterday in fact. The kid went completely berserk, flailing arm everywhere). If left alone they usually do nothing.

This is my sentiment. It's sort of like living in the ghetto. No one really messes with you unless you mess with them.

I did see an interesting fight between a Black Widow spider and a wasp once. The spider won.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »
I grew up with bees and wasps, but I have no idea why they conjure up so much hate. Sure, they sting occasionally,  but not even remotely as much as people make it out to be. In fact, I always suspect that it's the inevitable thrashing by people that makes them sting (witnessed just that yesterday in fact. The kid went completely berserk, flailing arm everywhere). If left alone they usually do nothing.

I prove this point a lot to family and friends when wasps/hornets are around. Just leave them alone and they will go away. And....share the same sentiment for snakes. People freak out over snakes but the fact of the matter is if you turn your head for fifteen seconds that snake will be long gone...they don't want a confrontation as much as you don't. It's when you mess with them that they end up biting you.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 11:51:51 AM »
I get what you are saying.

But wasps are fucking evil and should be destroyed.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »

I prove this point a lot to family and friends when wasps/hornets are around. Just leave them alone and they will go away. And....share the same sentiment for snakes. People freak out over snakes but the fact of the matter is if you turn your head for fifteen seconds that snake will be long gone...they don't want a confrontation as much as you don't. It's when you mess with them that they end up biting you.

Pretty much wild life in general.  There are not many animals/insects that will actively go after you without you first prompting them.  Besides ones like mosquitos and ticks.  Damn blood suckers, now those insects really suck!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 11:58:51 AM »

I find close up views of Wasps VERY fascinating. Just a really cool looking animal...especially Hornets.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Calvin6s

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 07:33:39 AM »

I find close up views of Wasps VERY fascinating. Just a really cool looking animal...especially Hornets.

So not evil.  Just looks like Stryper and a hipster had a kid.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »
I get what you are saying.

Waspinator not want to be destroyed. Waspinator has plans.