Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 93221 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #1295 on: June 24, 2016, 06:35:53 PM »
Blues traded Brian Elliot to the Flames for the 35th pick (second round) and a conditional 2018 pick. Wow....didn't see that one coming.

Just heard about this from three different people.  Word is we would have lost one of our goalies in the expansion draft anyway, and they obviously see Allen as the long term guy, not Elliot, but still, I would have like to have gotten a little more for him.

that's my only disappointment. We basically gave him away. I'm fine with handing it over to Allen. I think he's 'better' than Elliot skill wise.....he could stand to learn from Elliots mental tenacity though.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1296 on: June 24, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »
Blues traded Brian Elliot to the Flames for the 35th pick (second round) and a conditional 2018 pick. Wow....didn't see that one coming.

Just heard about this from three different people.  Word is we would have lost one of our goalies in the expansion draft anyway, and they obviously see Allen as the long term guy, not Elliot, but still, I would have like to have gotten a little more for him.
At least it's a high second rounder, so it's not too bad.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1297 on: June 24, 2016, 06:42:34 PM »

This just means Calgary will beat us in the playoffs next season....

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1298 on: June 24, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »
Shaw was definitely a good pickup for the Habs for the picks the gave up. An upgrade in offense on Eller, that's for sure.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1299 on: June 24, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »

I'm not sure the Blues would have necessarily lost a goalie in the expansion draft. Depending on what happens with Fleury in Pitt, the Fleury/Murray tandem or Bishop/Vasilesky in Tampa would be stretched attractive choices for a tender. Blues are up there too, for sure, but Vasilesky is a top young goalie and Bishop is a legit veteran starter. They could be proper screwed in the expansion.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1300 on: June 24, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »
Well, isn't Bishop already on the block? And Las Vegas still has to choose 3 goalies.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1301 on: June 24, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »
Shaw was definitely a good pickup for the Habs for the picks the gave up. An upgrade in offense on Eller, that's for sure.
Yeah. Eller is better defensively, but Shaw will be better help for our offense while also helping clear up the logjam of centers we have among the low lines. Only worry are rumours Shaw is asking for a heftier contract than he's worth. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1302 on: June 24, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
Well, isn't Bishop already on the block? And Las Vegas still has to choose 3 goalies.

That's true. It would be a total dick move though to pick 3 ready to start goalies, just to have to send one to the minors lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1303 on: June 24, 2016, 09:23:59 PM »
Love what the Flyers did with their trade today. Moved from 16 to 20, while still getting a player that we needed, while moving from the tail end of the 3rd round and early into the 2nd. Great move by Hextall.

Still pales in comparison to how Ken Holland fleeced that kid in Phoenix.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1304 on: June 24, 2016, 10:09:17 PM »
Love what the Flyers did with their trade today. Moved from 16 to 20, while still getting a player that we needed, while moving from the tail end of the 3rd round and early into the 2nd. Great move by Hextall.

Still pales in comparison to how Ken Holland fleeced that kid in Phoenix.

At first I thought the same, but Arizona got the guy they debated over picking at 7. They unloaded Vitale and his $1.1 million, and just lose a late 2nd round pick, which history tells us won't likely become an NHLer, not to mention this draft isn't considered very deep outside the first round. They don't even have to pay Datsyuk, just have his number on the books for a year, which helps them get to the cap floor this year, probably the only team in the NHL that the  $7.5 million is meaningless, even perhaps helpful too. They got Chychryn, who has the potential to be a very good dman in this league. That alone is worth it in my opinion. Arizona is going to be good in a few years if they can keep it together.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1305 on: June 25, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
So glad Bitten fell to the 3rd to us. I'm thinking playing in Flint hurt his stock, along with being on the smaller side. He should have gone early 2nd IMO.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1306 on: June 25, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only sports fan who expects these type of things.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1307 on: June 25, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »

Ha ha. It's just 'what' happens.....you've seen it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1308 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
Victor Mete! Montreal is having a crazy good draft! :) Fell due to being a small defenseman, but he basically already has elite skating ability and is a crazy good puck mover. I feel like all my wishes are coming true this draft. :lol

EDIT: K, not happy about the 5th round pick. Staum looks like a big longshot. I'll trust the magic of the Timmins 5th round pick, but Stransky would've been nice.

EDIT 2: Now I'm starting to wonder if Stransky uploaded a video of himself smoking out of a bong on Twitter. :lol The guy could have gone in the 2nd round, probably should have gone 3rd. Yet here we are in the 6th and he's still up for grabs.

EDIT 3: Wild got Sokolov. Similar situation to Stransky.

EDIT 4: Stransky undrafted. WOW. This is insane.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:39:45 AM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1309 on: June 25, 2016, 04:35:36 PM »

Ha ha. It's just 'what' happens.....you've seen it.

As a Jets and Rangers fan, I've seen it way too many times.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1310 on: June 27, 2016, 06:49:21 AM »
Word around Pittsburgh is that the Pens plan on starting next season with both Fleury and Murray on the roster... I think that's the smartest move for the team. Someone will need moved before the expansion draft so the team can actually get something in return, but I think its a good idea to have both around to make sure you know what you have in Murray.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1311 on: June 27, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
I get the temptation for the Pens to move Fleury, but yeah I think keeping him for now is the right move. Love Matt Murray since he's a hometown boy (who's my age, so maybe I've met him before) but he's still unproven as far as I'm concerned. I'd love nothing more than to see him become a true star though. :)

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1312 on: June 28, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
Yeah. Eller is better defensively, but Shaw will be better help for our offense while also helping clear up the logjam of centers we have among the low lines. Only worry are rumours Shaw is asking for a heftier contract than he's worth. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

Shaw deal is pretty reasonable in my opinion. 6 years at just under $4M per is a good number in today's inflated NHL market. What do you think as an actual Habs fan?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1313 on: June 28, 2016, 11:10:24 AM »

Shaw deal is pretty reasonable in my opinion. 6 years at just under $4M per is a good number in today's inflated NHL market. What do you think as an actual Habs fan?
The original rumours were 4.5 so I'm relieved. Some people are pretty mad about it but I basically agree with you. The term might be a bit long considering guys who play that rough on the body style he does tend to exit their prime sooner, but otherwise not too bad. He's the kind of guy I think can flourish in our system too. Hopefully I'm right!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1314 on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »
HALL TO THE DEVILS! :o :o :o Adam Larsson part of the trade. More details coming? Also, Chia has now trades the top 2 pocks from the 2010 draft.

EDIT: There are people saying it's a one-for-one. It can't be...

EDIT 2: It's a one-for-one. Pardon my French but what the FUCK Chiarelli? Apparently he hates that draft class because he's traded both the top 2 picks for hilarious underpayments. I understand the Oilers' need for a defenseman, but you gotta at least get more pieces than Adam Larsson. He's a great defender who hasn't reached his ceiling but Hall is one of the best left wingers in the NHL.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:43:33 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1315 on: June 29, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »
SUBBAN FOR WEBER WHY WHAT NO WHAT WHY AHHHH I HATE EVERYTHING

EDIT: Alright initial rage period cooling off. Yeah, I'm done defending Bergevin. Subban is far better than Weber, and at a younger age. Nashville just improved drastically, and we've gotten drastically worse. I don't really care who we sign in the free agency, Montreal is a worse team now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:08:27 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1316 on: June 29, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »
SUBBAN FOR WEBER WHY WHAT NO WHAT WHY AHHHH I HATE EVERYTHING

EDIT: Alright initial rage period cooling off. Yeah, I'm done defending Bergevin. Subban is far better than Weber, and at a younger age. Nashville just improved drastically, and we've gotten drastically worse. I don't really care who we sign in the free agency, Montreal is a worse team now.

Yikes, yeah sorry man. That's not a good trade for Montreal...

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1317 on: June 29, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
HALL TO THE DEVILS! :o :o :o Adam Larsson part of the trade. More details coming? Also, Chia has now trades the top 2 pocks from the 2010 draft.

EDIT: There are people saying it's a one-for-one. It can't be...

EDIT 2: It's a one-for-one. Pardon my French but what the FUCK Chiarelli? Apparently he hates that draft class because he's traded both the top 2 picks for hilarious underpayments. I understand the Oilers' need for a defenseman, but you gotta at least get more pieces than Adam Larsson. He's a great defender who hasn't reached his ceiling but Hall is one of the best left wingers in the NHL.

Yeah we lose that trade. Larson fits a need, for sure, but fuck me. Hall is top 3 at his position. Larson is not. DAMN YOU CHIARELLI!!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1318 on: June 29, 2016, 02:10:30 PM »
That was one of the weirdest half hours in NHL offseason history that's for damn sure.

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1319 on: June 29, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »
Subban for Webber makes no sense from the Habs perspective. Sure, Webber might be more physical and a little better defensively, but he's quite a bit older and on a 30 year contract or something ridiculous like that.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1320 on: June 29, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
Agreed. Subban and Hall are MUCH better than Weber and Larsson.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1321 on: June 29, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »
Montrelol
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1322 on: June 29, 2016, 02:24:43 PM »
I guess cronyism prevails over the team itself in Montreal. :P So strange how the "crazy" Hab fans ended up being right for once.

Subban for Webber makes no sense from the Habs perspective. Sure, Webber might be more physical and a little better defensively, but he's quite a bit older and on a 30 year contract or something ridiculous like that.

Weber in his prime was better defensively. Subban outdoes him now though. Weber plays the body like a champ sure, but when it actually comes to suppressing offense Subban wins pretty handily. Physicality can be misleading sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:31:21 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Online SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1323 on: June 29, 2016, 02:30:07 PM »
sports radio here in Edmonton is going crazy right now. They're doing open line if you want to hear fans rant about how they're going to piss on Chiarelli's grave  :rollin

https://player.tsn1260.ca/

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1324 on: June 29, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »
Bergevin is giving a press conference at 6:15 and I'm about 70% sure he won't make it there without getting ganged up on by an army of enraged Hab fans.

On the other note, Nashville's top 4 defense looks like something someone put together on NHL 16.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1325 on: June 29, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »
Welcome to New Jersey Taylor Hall :D
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1326 on: June 29, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »
  DAMN YOU CHIARELLI!!

Get used to it! :lol

Just wait till he overpays Lucic. WTF. He has now traded BOTH Seguin and Hall!

Lots of WOW going on and it's only Wednesday. Can't wait for Friday!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1327 on: June 29, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »
I feel so betrayed. Defending Bergevin from crazy Hab fans all time. Now he's turned me into one of them. :'(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1328 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:44 PM »
Why would they trade Subban? I couldn't believe they were even considering it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1329 on: June 29, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »
I got Bergevin at first for at least listening to offers in case of a huge overpay. This is just horrible. Shea Weber is only better in all those really cliche overrated departments (MOAR LEADERSHIP, MOAR GRIT, MOAR BIG). Like at least Edmonton addressed an issue, albeit it's still a terrible trade for them. There are no upsides to this trade for Montreal.

On an attempt to have some sort of positivity: I welcome Shea Weber with open arms. He's still at least in the top 20 defenders in the league, and I love watching him play. I just wish it didn't happen like this. And I'll still cheer on Subban. Hopefully he racks up another Norris or two playing for a team who (hopefully) actually respects him. :'(

EDIT: My poor Gally. :'(