Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 92672 times)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #630 on: May 03, 2016, 08:07:03 PM »
If you get NHL Network, the Blues/Stars are on.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #631 on: May 03, 2016, 08:30:41 PM »
If you get NHL Network, the Blues/Stars are on.

I don't. Thankfully the OT didn't last long. Still don't see why they couldn't have changed feeds regionally.

I know for dang sure if that was Chicago playing it'd have switched.  :biggrin:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #632 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:45 PM »
Great OT win by Tampa Bay! Kucherov and Boyle are definitely stepping up!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #633 on: May 03, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
This Blues game is fun. :coolio

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #634 on: May 03, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #635 on: May 04, 2016, 06:46:47 AM »
The NHL Network thing had me fucking livid.  That was absolute horseshit.  It's a good example why this league remains a 2nd tier league, when fans of both teams playing are not even able to watch the freaking game.

Thank God the lame east coast game ended early though.  Can't imagine what would've happened had it gone to 2-3OT.  Great game by the Blues.
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #636 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:56 AM »
It's a bit confuzzling to me how ESPN is covering the World Cup of Hockey, when damn near every other hockey ANYTHING is NBC or NHL Network. What sense does that make?
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #637 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »
One of the perks of living in Canada: all 3 games were televised on Sportsnet or CBC. We take our hockey coverage very seriously up here lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
One of the perks of living in Canada: all 3 games were televised on Sportsnet or CBC. We take our hockey coverage very seriously up here lol

Yeah... the Rogers and CBC have done a good job "sharing" the coverage all year.  I just can't stand the American announce crews when we have to pick up the NBC feed.   :facepalm:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #639 on: May 04, 2016, 09:12:03 AM »

Yeah... the Rogers and CBC have done a good job "sharing" the coverage all year. I just can't stand the American announce crews when we have to pick up the NBC feed.   :facepalm:

Funny you mentioned that, I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about how bad nationally televised NHL game announcing crew are as far as appealing to a wider fan base here in the US. Basically commenting on how no one in the US cares about a 3rd or 4th liners junior team or what little Canadian town he grew up in...

I figured you guys north of the border enjoyed that sort stuff, sounds like just about nobody likes some of those announcers.  :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #640 on: May 04, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
I love Doc Emrick, but he's about the only thing I enjoy about the NHL's TV coverage in the US.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #641 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »
Randy Hahn for the Sharks is great, and unlike seemingly every other US commentary guy he can keep his talk neutral when it comes to national games.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: May 04, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »
I love Doc Emrick, but he's about the only thing I enjoy about the NHL's TV coverage in the US.

That's the only American announcer I enjoy.  Some I can tolerate, but whoever was doing the Stars/Blues made me want to run my ears through a cheese greater.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #643 on: May 04, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
I like Dave Strader, loved Gary Thorne, and can deal with Emrick. Just about everyone else is horrible.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #644 on: May 04, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »

That's the only American announcer I enjoy.  Some I can tolerate, but whoever was doing the Stars/Blues made me want to run my ears through a cheese greater.
I think it's the Hurricanes' guy.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #645 on: May 04, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »
The announcer that really bothers me is the guy who does Bruins games. Not sure if it's a radio or TV guy, but he's always doing the calls when I see highlights on SportsCentre. His voice is the worst. I'd rather hear Fran Drescher call games than that fellow.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
Found it....Jack Edwards. Hate the guy's voice. Like his opinions about Chris Stewart though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WRzysH3Ny0

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #647 on: May 04, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »
Pens are blessed to have one of the greats still doing the radio broadcasts, Mike Lange.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »
This is probably super unpopular coming from a diehard Hab fan, but I actually like Jack Edwards. Yeah he's a homer but he's got more personality than just about any other commentator. He's said stuff in the past I haven't been a fan of but most of the time I just find him hilarious.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »
Pens are blessed to have one of the greats still doing the radio broadcasts, Mike Lange.
Mike Lange is just too cool. :lol Wish he still did TV. I also love the Dallas commentators. They have such an odd sense of humour sometimes that they can be a joy to listen to.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »
Dave Strader of the Wings is good, not really a fan of Mickey Redmond (yeah, I'm a Wings fan and I dislike a guy who favors the Wings) but I have always wanted unbiased sportscasters. Tom Mees was an awesome play-by-play man for ESPN before he passed.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #651 on: May 04, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »
Thank God the lame east coast game ended early though.  Can't imagine what would've happened had it gone to 2-3OT. 

I beg to differ.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #652 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »
That game was amazing! All games should be so lame.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: May 04, 2016, 02:48:53 PM »
Mike Lange is the man. He's been doing it forever, has a great voice, and while some of the expressions he uses when a goal is scored are over-the-top silly, they don't sound silly when they're coming from Mike Lange.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #654 on: May 04, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »
You guys should see the butthurt on social media over the dude from Twitter whose first hockey game was the STL/CHI game seven. He lost his shit and made a bunch of tweets, so the team hooked him up with sweet seats for last night's game, etc. I saw on Facebook a shitton of people were totally butthurt and pissed off simply because the team seemed to "not care" about "lifelong fans" but instead decide to shell out for some random dude who just discovered the game. It was rather pathetic.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: May 04, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
You guys should see the butthurt on social media over the dude from Twitter whose first hockey game was the STL/CHI game seven. He lost his shit and made a bunch of tweets, so the team hooked him up with sweet seats for last night's game, etc. I saw on Facebook a shitton of people were totally butthurt and pissed off simply because the team seemed to "not care" about "lifelong fans" but instead decide to shell out for some random dude who just discovered the game. It was rather pathetic.
God forbid they try to make someone's day and spread the game to someone new. Chances are, that guy will be a fan for life now. How awful.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #656 on: May 04, 2016, 03:37:16 PM »
What are you talking about?  I live in St. Louis and hear about this guy almost daily and haven't heard or read a single thing that you're talking about.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #657 on: May 04, 2016, 04:36:06 PM »
I didn't mean St. Louis proper....when the story was posted on social media, butthurt fans crawled out of the woodwork bitching and moaning about it. I'm sure the vast majority think it's awesome. I think it is too. But there were quite a few trolls hating on it.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #658 on: May 04, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
>reading social media comments
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #659 on: May 04, 2016, 04:44:05 PM »
It was mildly entertaining watching the trolls get all pissed off that they weren't given free shit by their favorite hockey team. Bunch of em pulled the race card. Pathetic. I can't seem to find the Facebook thread now. Read it this morning.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #660 on: May 04, 2016, 04:47:13 PM »
I didn't mean St. Louis proper....when the story was posted on social media, butthurt fans crawled out of the woodwork bitching and moaning about it. I'm sure the vast majority think it's awesome. I think it is too. But there were quite a few trolls hating on it.

Yeah, I've seen some of those comments too.

I thought it was a great story, and was happy the team responded like they did. And hey, with that performance they should be getting him to every home game until they lose!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #661 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »
Watching tonight, the Caps just look like the better team, but they are now an OT goal against away from being down 3 games to 1.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: May 04, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »
Watching tonight, the Caps just look like the better team, but they are now an OT goal against away from being down 3 games to 1.

There's your OT game winner for the Pens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #663 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »

There's your OT game winner for the Pens

Yeah... that's a shame.

Quite happy with that result.  For some reason, I've got a bit of a hate on for the Caps.  Maybe because I can't stand looking at Trotz... he reminds me of someone that I can't fucking stand.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #664 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30:24 PM »
I thought it was a great story, and was happy the team responded like they did. And hey, with that performance they should be getting him to every home game until they lose!
Me too. I thought it was cool that Luongo was talking to him too. I thought it was a cool story all around
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen