Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91061 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #980 on: May 22, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »
Burns should absolutely be suspended - if that isn't a clear attempt to injury someone, I don't know what it is - but don't expect the league to do the right thing; they rarely do.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #981 on: May 22, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »
That's just the way the playoffs go. But I know that you know that Elliot and puck luck got the Blues the win in Game 1. Because the Sharks played like the team that won that game. But like I said, that's just the way it goes sometimes. If the Sharks can shake off a bad game in that same game, I'm not going to feel too worried about them. And you guys should feel good about two wins, even if Game 1's win was a bit of flukey luck and a goalie taking an entire team onto his back your team played great in the first two periods and held on in the third last night with some goals of their own.

Flukey luck? How? Because Elliot played great? Goalies steal games in the playoffs....yours has. At the end of the day it's the final score that counts....not zone time, shots on goal, whatever. I feel your pain because the Blues have done that countless times....heck, game 2 against Chicago was a prime example. We manhandled them the entire game and were rewarded with a Loss. Like you said, it happens.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #982 on: May 22, 2016, 05:01:08 PM »
Rare moment from Burns, they were both on the ground, no way Burns could put his weight into that, and it was gloved. Dirty hit no argument here, that was a naughty wookie right there, but I doubt Tarasenko will have any lasting injury or anything for that matter from that.

EDIT: I should have just stayed out of this thread like I'd been doing, you guys can't take off your homer glasses ever it seems like.

P.S. Gmiller, if a team is noticeably playing better than the other team, I'm sure they're going to recognize that, and it will play into their confidence levels. Just saying.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #983 on: May 22, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
Burns should absolutely be suspended - if that isn't a clear attempt to injury someone, I don't know what it is - but don't expect the league to do the right thing; they rarely do.

There is no disputing how cheap and dirty that was. A full on punch right to the mid section where there is no padding and Tarasenko was completely vulnerable and unsuspecting. There is no possible way anyone can look at that dirty a$$ play and defend what he did.

Imagine if that were Crosby with one opposing player laying on top of him and another one gut punched him like that?  :lol  There'd have been a game misconduct handed out and that dude be suspended the remainder of the playoffs.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #984 on: May 22, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »
We can't take our homer glasses off?? Aren't you the guy who got suspended for calling a mod a name because you were being a homer and got bent out of shape about that disallowed goal in OT in G4 against the Predators?  :lol :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: May 22, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
you guys can't take off your homer glasses ever it seems like.

:coolio

I can't see how the Burns and Thornton cheap shots are homer related? And please point out to me anywhere in this banter where what I've said is homery?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #986 on: May 22, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
At this point I don't give a rat's arse about Nick, and will gladly take a week off from here to give him a piece of my mind.  :hat

You just view things in the Bluest tint ever, kinda like I do with the Bills in football :lol:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #987 on: May 22, 2016, 05:10:22 PM »
P.S. Gmiller, if a team is noticeably playing better than the other team, I'm sure they're going to recognize that, and it will play into their confidence levels. Just saying.

The series easily could have been 3-0 Sharks heading back to San Jose. It wasn't, which for as bad as the Blues were playing (and as good as San Jose was) still only called for the Blues to split there to make it 2-2 and essentially eliminate any type of momentum the Sharks generated in the opening three games. They did.

It's a best of three, which is neat because now it appears that the Blues have pulled their heads out of their a$$es and are ready to play. San Jose missed the chance to bury them....now it's a battle to reach two wins. I think the next three hockey games are going to be less one sided (either team) and more nail biting.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #988 on: May 22, 2016, 05:32:21 PM »
My head hurts whenever I come into this thread.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #989 on: May 22, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
My head hurts whenever I come into this thread.

Probably got cheap shotted by Thornton   :biggrin:

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #990 on: May 22, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »
Bottom line is that the Blues and Sharks are both capable of playing like the best team in the league.  The margin of error for either team is very small - take a game/period/shift off, and the other team can and will bury you.  This is a great series, and I'd be shocked if it didn't go 7 games.

And I love seeing ALL the homers in this thread, cuz Dylan... you're just as guilty sometimes.  It just shows passion.  I love it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #991 on: May 22, 2016, 08:57:13 PM »
Playoff OT!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #992 on: May 22, 2016, 09:12:04 PM »
Now that was a playoff overtime goal.  Shoot and have it hit a player in front and go in.  :lol

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #993 on: May 22, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
Unbelievable!! Let's go Bolts!!! ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #994 on: May 22, 2016, 09:51:17 PM »
wow! ... whew

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #995 on: May 22, 2016, 11:01:43 PM »
Bummer. Seems like all the bounces (and injuries*) have been going TB's way the last two games. Hopefully the Pens go back to Murray for game 6 b

*i know Stamkos is hurt, but I think the Daley injury hurts the Pens a lot more than losing Stamkos hurts the Bolts. Of the superstars in the league I've long considered Stamkos the most overrated (that's not to say he's not a great player, but I definitely wouldn't be throwing $10 million a year for 7 years like he's going to get).

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #996 on: May 22, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »
It is interesting how Daley has improved with the Pens compared to the defensive disaster he was with the Stars.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #997 on: May 22, 2016, 11:06:05 PM »
Let's be clear. Tampa Bay's superstar is hurt, but he isn't Stamkos. Our star is Ben Bishop.

And I do somewhat agree with you, considering how poorly Stamkos played last year's playoff/Stanley Cup. However, his leadership on the team is unprecedented.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #998 on: May 22, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »
Let's be clear. Tampa Bay's superstar is hurt, but he isn't Stamkos. Our star is Ben Bishop.

And I do somewhat agree with you, considering how poorly Stamkos played last year's playoff/Stanley Cup. However, his leadership on the team is unprecedented.

But considering the way Vasi has played I don't think TB fans need to complain.  :lol my original comment is more to acknowledge players like Kucherov, Johnson, Killorn, etc. that are playing phenomenal, and that this all but spells the end of Stamkos' time in Florida.

If TB goes on to win this series it will be on the play of Kucherov and Vasi, and the inability of Crosby and Malkin to do what they should be doing.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #999 on: May 23, 2016, 07:34:06 AM »
Who do the Pens start in Game 6? Fluery came in and I honestly thought he was going to shut it down last night... He did not. He let in several bad goals, I don't know if you go back to Murray now though, it seems a bit reactionary... Tough call.

Pens have played poorly the last two games and full credit to TB for being very opportunistic and making some great adjustments.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1000 on: May 23, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
It's very rare that a team gets this far in the playoffs without a clear #1 goaltender. I realize in TB it's a situation of the first string being hurt, and Vas had filled in admirably. It puts the coach in a very tough spot trying to balance the usual stresses of adjustments and pressure within the playoffs with the constant decision-making that is often not necessary at this point. The Red Wings haven't been able to ride more than one goalie through the playoffs since Osgood stole the starting position back from Hasek halfway through the first round in 2008, as a case in point. It'll be interesting to see if the switch from Elliot in the West becomes a permanent one over there. As for the Pens, I don't know how I would approach that situation. Do you go with the guy who got you to this point or the seasoned veteran who has been here before?

Tough call.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1001 on: May 23, 2016, 07:42:21 AM »
Hitchcock will probably ride Allen until he loses. Personally, win or lose I'd go back to Elliot for games 6 and if needed 7. When he's done this with these two all season when the one who's been sitting gets back in they play lights out.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1002 on: May 23, 2016, 07:46:22 AM »
It's tough for the Pens because I think Fleury is the better goalie, but Murray was hot. They pulled Murray, Fleury has had one bad game. So do you pull him and switch again or stick with your decision to put him in there? It's tough I honestly don't know what I would do if I was the coach.

The frustrating thing is that if the Pens keep playing like this, it won't matter who is in net for game 6, they'll probably get beat either way.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1003 on: May 23, 2016, 08:07:51 AM »
The other thing they have to take into account is the confidence of the rest of the team in who is in net. I was surprised to see Fleury in net after 1 bad game by Murray. Typically, the coach puts his starter back in after a rough night, to get his focus back and give him a chance to rebound. To not give the guy a second chance tells the rest of the team the coach doesn't have confidence in his ability to bounce back. Now, if he replaces Fleury, he faces the thought that he doesn't even have faith in his veteran. That trickles down, and sends mixed signals to his team.

Like I said, very tough call.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1004 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
Yup very tough call. There are pros and cons either way. I'm surprised Fleury got the start last night.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: May 23, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »
Please......I don't want a San Jose-Tampa Bay finals.  I respect the franchises, but........
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1006 on: May 23, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
I don't think Murray played bad in game 4. All 4 goals he either had no chance or it was a fluke goal (deflection or Drouin's goal which was like a pinball play). That being said, he hasn't been as good this series as he was versus Washington. I'd go back to the goalie that has has good games this playoffs.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »
There has to be some consistency. Once the coach starts flip-flopping, the rest of the team will lose some confidence. Whatever decision they make, they need to stick with it.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #1008 on: May 23, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
Right on. My initial response was get Fleury out of there... But there has to be some consistency. They can't change goalies every other game.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #1009 on: May 23, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
Please......I don't want a San Jose-Tampa Bay finals.  I respect the franchises, but........

Why not? Battle of the Bays!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: May 23, 2016, 02:44:07 PM »
Because most of us despise the west/southern franchises.

I want Pitt-StL !!!!

(wish Green Bay had a franchise)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »
I want either a San Jose-Tampa Bay finals or a St. Louis-Tampa Bay finals (I truly despise Pittsburgh).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2016, 06:23:42 PM »
I want either Tampa Bay OR St. Louis to win. I mean I want them both to win, but I won't get greedy, all I want is one team to root for in the finals. A Sharks/Penguins matchup would make me grudgingly root for the Sharks.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1013 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:11 PM »
Sharks tie it after a bull shit penalty. Ugh.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1014 on: May 23, 2016, 07:20:43 PM »
I'd say Brouwer's was a bit more impressive, but nice work by both teams whacking the puck out of the air and into the back of the net.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1