Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90968 times)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
I'm still fucking stoked that we got Saad...
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »
Did they get enough, Chad?

Pitt definitely got the better end of it.  Time will tell on how these prospects pan out.  Would've been nice to get a solid 2nd/3rd liner as well, and I don't think that Nick Spaling fits that bill.  I don't know anything about him, but stats-wise, 32 points is his best season ever.  I mean, you trade 2 prospects for 2 prospects, I would've figured that we'd get a better current player than this Spaling character.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 12:02:12 AM »
He doesn't HAVE to be the best guy on the team, but just might end up being the best (offensive) player on the team.
Gonna be hard on a team with 2 of the top 5 best offensive players in the league. :P That being said, I think he's gonna rock it in Pitt.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 05:46:10 AM »
^ fair enough. But Kessel does show flashes where you think "how is this guy not a 50 goal scorer". In Pitt, there won't be A) the media pressure, and B) the pressure of being the hero and the goat. Pitt has Sid and Evgeni to bear those responsibilities. I predict Phil will put at least 40, maybe 50 in the basket. He could even win the Richard trophy. He's that talented - just never had any kind of supporting cast here in Toronto. Now he IS the supporting cast.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »
That's kind of cool to see.  I forgot about a few of those players.  For good reasons though.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »
After 16 NHL seasons, Martin St. Louis had announced his retirement. Such a great and classy player. It's a shame to see him retire, but it was easy to tell in the playoffs that he was nowhere near the same player he used to be.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
True... being relegated to the third line, and getting barely 15 minutes of ice time was a pretty strong signal his time as a Tier 1 player was up.  Was always a fan of Marty.  Great player on and off the ice.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
The Blues just dealt TJ Oshie to the Washington Capitals for forward Troy Brouwer, goaltender Phoenix Copley and a third-round pick in 2016. It's a good start....looking more likely I'll be able to watch a game or two next season.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-trade-oshie-to-washington/article_9ee09081-b44c-596f-b9ae-6f0fe959e0f1.html
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 04:48:07 PM »
The Blues just dealt TJ Oshie to the Washington Capitals for forward Troy Brouwer, goaltender Phoenix Copley and a third-round pick in 2016. It's a good start....looking more likely I'll be able to watch a game or two next season.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-trade-oshie-to-washington/article_9ee09081-b44c-596f-b9ae-6f0fe959e0f1.html

Blues definitely got the worst of that deal. Between Oshie and Williams the Caps just got a whole lot more dangerous next year.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
Yeah, what's with these lopsided trades?  It's like some teams just want to dump their under-performers (perhaps rightfully so), but certainly don't appear to be getting enough in return.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
Oshie is one of the most overrated players in the league so I'm not too worried for the Blues. On the opposite side of it, they just got the very underrated Brodziak.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 09:58:00 PM »
Oshie is one of the most overrated players in the league

This. I said it earlier in the thread....he's good for 15 or so crushing reverse hits on larger players.....6 or 7 highlight reel goals....50-60% shoot out rate and then utterly disappearing in the playoffs.

It's like some teams just want to dump their under-performers (perhaps rightfully so), but certainly don't appear to be getting enough in return.

I don't know the player we got for him that well but this trade was more about dumping him AND sending a message than "improving" but they did improve anyway.

This will open a spot for Statsny to hop up on a top line and get the chance to produce more.....give some of the young players the chanc to earn minutes and get better.

I wouldn't stop there....I'd dump one more 'big' name to really drive the point home that girly sissy men who clam up in the playoffs will be cast away.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
Is Ryan O'Reilly THAT good?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
Sharks sign Joel Ward.

Ward + Wingels

All Hail Doug Wilson.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 04:24:50 PM »
I love Joel Ward.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
Is Ryan O'Reilly THAT good?
This is just the direction the market is going in. The cap will need to be raised a considerable amount or there will be trouble.
Sharks sign Joel Ward.

Ward + Wingels

All Hail Doug Wilson.

Yeah that's a good pickup. I was hoping we'd snatch him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »
I think the Sabres will regret the contract before it's over.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
I think Reilly might struggle making an adjustment next year. New team, BIG role. But in the long run, I do think he'll be worth it.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
Leafs hiring Lou Lamoriello as GM gives me hope and optimism.  I think.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »
Leafs hiring Lou Lamoriello as GM gives me hope and optimism.  I think.

It sure does.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:20 AM »
Patrick Kane is under a rape investigation. Wow.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »
Patrick Kane is under a rape investigation. Wow.

I read it was sexual assault. I guess that would be a bit different. But "wow" indeed.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2015, 05:10:53 PM »
I've seen rumors circling in the water that it was statutory rape.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
It could just be a one night stand that the girl regretted so now she's calling it rape. It could be that he took advantage of her while she was drunk which is technically rape. There's so many possibilities of what this story is. We don't know for sure what happened as very little detail has been revealed. I don't think it's fair to speculate one something like this without knowing more about the situation.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »
She went to the hospital for a rape kit straightaway...that's not really consistent with morning-after regret...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2015, 12:51:35 PM »
Well, I know at least one game I'm going to this year.

Coming back from vacation on November 19, and since it's cheaper (with more flight options) to go into Philadelphia than Allentown, I looked up the hockey schedule...

My flight lands at 5:09pm, and at 7:00pm a few miles down the highway from the airport the Sharks are in town. :D

So I'll be buying tickets for my gf and I. Huzzah.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »
Cool Nick. Sharks. Nice.

One more week!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
Speaking of the Sharks, I like how they're looking in the Preseason. Obviously got to see how he handles a full season of starting duty but Martin Jones is looking like a fantastic pickup. Martin with Burns is great and the rookies are really showing their worth! Tierney is picking right up where he left off, Donskoi will be on the team later in the season if he doesn't initially make the roster, guy looks great; Mueller seems to have goten down his positioning and is a real slick passer, Goldobin isn't ready but he's developing quite nicely, his defensive game has gotten a lot better, it looks like he found out to contribute defensively which was his weakest spot by far. Other than that Ward is a blast to have on the team and he brings some very obvious energy, Mike Brown is an explosive little shit, and is looking pretty good actually. I'd be fine if he showed he didn't deserve all the shit he gets from fans. And finally seeing Torres back is great, I really missed having him around last season.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »

Coming back from vacation on November 19, and since it's cheaper (with more flight options) to go into Philadelphia than Allentown, I looked up the hockey schedule...

My flight lands at 5:09pm, and at 7:00pm a few miles down the highway from the airport the Sharks are in town. :D

Well, happy birthday to me. 

Wait, wat?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2015, 09:33:58 PM »

Well, happy birthday to me. 

Wait, wat?

You fly in to help pick me up and you'll get a hockey game, dinner, and some southern goodies!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »
Getting closer to another solid regular season from my Blues :metal So much excitement to come with Tarasenko signed and scoring goals....the youngsters speeding around the rink putting up points....two goalies who will push each other to their best....can't. freakin. wait.

Oh....If anyone has anything important to tell me do it before Thursday because that's when I'll get amnesia and forget that the Blues are going to lose in the first round again despite dominating the regular season...

#scornedfan  #gonnatakealottowinmeback  #secondroundisourcup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
I'll just leave this here... https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41864.msg1952641#msg1952641

And will continue to repost this whenever you think you have some hope or optimism.   :lol

I guess being addicted to the Blues is better than other addictions  ;).  If it gets too far out of hand though, I'll stage an intervention, or some kind of 12-step program for you.   :rollin :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »
I'll just leave this here... https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=41864.msg1952641#msg1952641

And will continue to repost this whenever you think you have some hope or optimism.   :lol

I guess being addicted to the Blues is better than other addictions  ;).  If it gets too far out of hand though, I'll stage an intervention, or some kind of 12-step program for you.   :rollin :rollin

:lol    I remember that day well....it's burned into my memory. I knew I could count on you to 'keep it real' for me. And, I now am finally starting to understand my Father in Law's lack of Faith when it comes to the Blues. He's always said he used to be hopeful and a fervent fan...back in the day, but the years have worn on him and now he just mocks me anytime I get excited about them. Last year was brutal though....maybe the worst let down yet.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2015, 09:31:21 AM »
Here's the thing... I like to leave my expectations on the floor.  Makes it a lot easier for my team (or any situation really) to exceed them.  The joys of being in sales - set expectations low; deliver high.  Runs into my real life... I expect very little - especially when it comes to the Leafs.