Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91052 times)

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #1260 on: June 23, 2016, 04:16:55 PM »
Okay, now if that's true I'm gonna be pretty angry. :lol I wouldn't call Laraque a super credible source (I mean, has he ever been right about anything?), but if Montreal offered that Edmonton would be fools not to take it. Like the article says though, they'd have to make cap adjustments.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:28:59 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1261 on: June 23, 2016, 04:43:43 PM »
On the French sports channel leading up to the press conference, they're saying that Subban is immature, that he can be replaced by Oscar Klefbom, and that Markov is as good as Letang. God the French media is such a joke. :lol

EDIT: Subban not traded confirmed. Weeeee.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:51:05 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1262 on: June 23, 2016, 04:50:47 PM »
My God, having a French speaking coach is more important than a top 2 player on their team.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1263 on: June 23, 2016, 04:52:09 PM »
Yeah, what a circus. Oh well. Bergevin basically said that he has not been shopping PK at all, but he can't stop teams from calling regardless. Basically what I figured was the case. Hurray. :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1264 on: June 23, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
I never believe GM's.  They don't want to tip their hand.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1265 on: June 24, 2016, 07:20:35 AM »
Adam Henrique just did an AMA on both the hockey subreddit and Devils subreddit simultaneously. He answered his first question at 5:50pm and answered his last at 4:04am. That is just unheard of. Easily one of the greatest AMAs ever and he was a really funny guy too. Definitely made a fan out of me!

EDIT: And he's started back up again! What a machine. :rollin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:26:28 AM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1266 on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:17 AM »
Yeah I remember the Devils beat writer tweeting out some pretty funny behind the scenes stuff at times, usually involving Henrique :lol
Photobucket sucks.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1267 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39:36 AM »
Not surprised. Seems like a fun dude, and super cool of him to spend such an insane amount of time shooting the shit with fans. :lol

Also, Oilers making a strong push for 4th + Draisaitl @ 9th + Subban. Seems hilariously low. :P

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1268 on: June 24, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
Not surprised. Seems like a fun dude, and super cool of him to spend such an insane amount of time shooting the shit with fans. :lol

Also, Oilers making a strong push for 4th + Draisaitl @ 9th + Subban. Seems hilariously low. :P

I don't think Draisaitl and the 4th for PK and the 9th is such a low offer. Draisaitl has shown he can play at the NHL level in a top 6 role, and he's still really early in his career. And the 4th overall, whether it's Tkachuk or Dubois, is a solid top end prospect too. Draisaitl and the 4th straight up for PK would be a steal for Montreal, so they would have to throw in a pick. A 1st rounder, especially a top 10, might be a bit high. I wouldn't call it hilarious though  ;)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1269 on: June 24, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »
It's not enough for Subban.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1270 on: June 24, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »

I don't think Draisaitl and the 4th for PK and the 9th is such a low offer. Draisaitl has shown he can play at the NHL level in a top 6 role, and he's still really early in his career. And the 4th overall, whether it's Tkachuk or Dubois, is a solid top end prospect too. Draisaitl and the 4th straight up for PK would be a steal for Montreal, so they would have to throw in a pick. A 1st rounder, especially a top 10, might be a bit high. I wouldn't call it hilarious though  ;)

Draisaitl and the 4th straight up for Subban is still not enough, and you're the first person I've seen suggest the thought :P. A genuine #1 defenseman like Subban is very hard to find and goes a big way, far harder to find than the player Drai could amount to. Plus Draisaitl has played good for approximately 0.5 seasons. Mind you he killed it in that time, but he is still unproven in my eyes. No GM in the league would make that trade. It's a laughable offer, and a classic lowball attempt. You're overvaluing Drai a lot.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1271 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:33 AM »

Draisaitl and the 4th straight up for Subban is still not enough, and you're the first person I've seen suggest the thought :P. A genuine #1 defenseman like Subban is very hard to find and goes a big way, far harder to find than the player Drai could amount to. Plus Draisaitl has played good for approximately 0.5 seasons. Mind you he killed it in that time, but he is still unproven in my eyes. No GM in the league would make that trade. It's a laughable offer, and a classic lowball attempt. You're overvaluing Drai a lot.

You're probably right that I'm over valuing Drai  given that he's only played 1 1/2 seasons, and yes, he was only really good for 30 or 40 games. I just don't think that Subban is so good that he's worth a 3rd and 4th overall, especially given the level of prospect Drai is and the 4th is expected to be. And Subban is coming off his worst season too, so his value is probably at its lowest right now.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1272 on: June 24, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

You're probably right that I'm over valuing Drai  given that he's only played 1 1/2 seasons, and yes, he was only really good for 30 or 40 games. I just don't think that Subban is so good that he's worth a 3rd and 4th overall, especially given the level of prospect Drai is and the 4th is expected to be. And Subban is coming off his worst season too, so his value is probably at its lowest right now.
So you don't watch Subban is what you're saying. Roger. :P

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1273 on: June 24, 2016, 11:08:27 AM »
Also, on another point, Ekblad rumoured to be getting an 8-year $60M-ish extension offer. Boy's gonna get paid. Rightfully so. I believe he will be the best defenseman in the league in a few years. :metal

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1274 on: June 24, 2016, 11:24:27 AM »

I am based out west, so no I don't see him play that often. However, I'm pretty sure any objective observer would say that 2015-16 was his worst season statistically since probably his 2nd full season. And it sure doesn't help that he couldn't crack the world cup roster. Make no mistake, I'd love PK on my team. I just wouldn't trade, oh say, Taylor Hall straight up. PK doesn't have that kind of value in my opinion.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1275 on: June 24, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »

I am based out west, so no I don't see him play that often. However, I'm pretty sure any objective observer would say that 2015-16 was his worst season statistically since probably his 2nd full season. And it sure doesn't help that he couldn't crack the world cup roster. Make no mistake, I'd love PK on my team. I just wouldn't trade, oh say, Taylor Hall straight up. PK doesn't have that kind of value in my opinion.
If you base your opinion entirely on goal scoring you could make that argument. But Subban's play in other areas is far improved this season. He's a more well-rounded defenseman than ever. This was at the very least his second best season ever IMO.

As for not trading Hall, I see lots of people saying the Oilers would need to give up Hall + the 4th + Nurse to match Subban's value, so don't read too much. ;) That one I think would hurt both teams though and I don't believe it's fair. I just don't think Montreal and Edmonton would be able to reach a mutually beneficial trade here, so I think these rumours are almost certainly going to turn out fruitless. The only way this could work is if Montreal used a Subban trade with Edmonton to facilitate another trade to add more pieces, and I just don't think it's going to happen. Subban is far too valuable to Montreal right now. Him and Price (and if his development continues down the path, maybe Galchenyuk can enter into it too) are the saving grace of this team.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1276 on: June 24, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
When a team goes wrong like the Habs did last year, everyone on the team looks bad.  It was not expected.  This from a B's fan.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1277 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
Joe....heavily rumored that Boston is going to be the landing spot for Shattenkirk.....how you like them apples?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1278 on: June 24, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
My name is not Joe, but I'd take him for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1279 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:25 PM »
Surely you can't be serious....

....and yes I would want him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1280 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
that's what they are saying. That any team that trades for him would want him to commit to an extension beforehand and that being that he played at Boston College and he grew up on the East Coast.....Boston is a team that has a good shot at him. If the package is right. I'm near certain the Blues are committed to trading him...he's gonna cost a fortune now due to the Yandel deal...being that Shatty is IMO better and worth more than him. StL is not going to pay him that type of money when we are about to commit a ton to Schwartz, need the $$ for Paryako....so, might as well trade him and get what we can now. We have a couple young studs that are ready for full time play anyway.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1281 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
I heard that on local sports talk radio yesterday.  I hops so.  We need a #1 defenseman.  Chara is not that anymore.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1282 on: June 24, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
Been a while since I've kept up much with hockey, but since I'm now going to be moving to Raleigh, where they actually have a team, I think I will ease back into it this coming season.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1283 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:38 PM »
Raleigh, where they actually have a team

But do they?
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1284 on: June 24, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »
Technically.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1285 on: June 24, 2016, 04:02:40 PM »
Carolina has a cup win and a conference finals appearance in the last 10 years. That's more than Toronto has done in the last, like, 48 years.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1286 on: June 24, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »
Eh, Toronto is going to be very scary soon. I would not be surprised if they won a cup within the next 10 years. Can't say the same for Carolina.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1287 on: June 24, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
That town would lose it if they won.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1288 on: June 24, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »
For sure, haha. And I mean, I hate the Leafs, and their fans would be super obnoxious to deal with in the event that that happens :lol, but at this point I sympathize a bit. It's almost hard to take the rivalry seriously since they've been a joke for so long. It's nice to watch your rivals lose, but it's more fulfilling when both you and your rivals are doing well. But with the draft picks the Leafs had made and with acquiring Babcock and Lou, I think this will be the start of a new Leafs team.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1289 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:33 PM »
Habs unload Eller, acquire Shaw. I'm okay with this! Does having both Gallagher and Shaw make us the biggest pests in the league?! :metal

Sad to see Eller go though. I like him a lot.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1290 on: June 24, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
Eller killed the B's so I'm ok with this. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2016, 06:19:45 PM »
Eller killed the B's so I'm ok with this. :lol

Yup. B's killer.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1292 on: June 24, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
Yeah, he really turned it on against the Bs, haha. Overall though he was offensively underwhelming, although he's a defensive machine.

And Sergachev! The player I was hoping we'd get. I know it's weird saying this about a top 10 pick, but I believe him to be a sleeper. Best defender in the draft IMO. :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: June 24, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
Blues traded Brian Elliot to the Flames for the 35th pick (second round) and a conditional 2018 pick. Wow....didn't see that one coming.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1294 on: June 24, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »
Blues traded Brian Elliot to the Flames for the 35th pick (second round) and a conditional 2018 pick. Wow....didn't see that one coming.

Just heard about this from three different people.  Word is we would have lost one of our goalies in the expansion draft anyway, and they obviously see Allen as the long term guy, not Elliot, but still, I would have like to have gotten a little more for him.