Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 91017 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #1015 on: May 23, 2016, 07:45:39 PM »
Sharks tie it after a bull shit penalty. Ugh.

You should have heard Kelly Chase and Kerber on that.  :lol  needless to say they weren't find if the call.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1016 on: May 23, 2016, 07:53:54 PM »
It was crap, but the Blues need to take a page from the Sharks book and be more aggressive on the PK.  When we are on the PP, it's hard to get set up because SJ aggressively challenges whichever Blue has the puck, forcing quick passes and mistakes.  Meanwhile, the Blues sit back and wait when the Sharks get it set up.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1017 on: May 23, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
It was crap, but the Blues need to take a page from the Sharks book and be more aggressive on the PK.  When we are on the PP, it's hard to get set up because SJ aggressively challenges whichever Blue has the puck, forcing quick passes and mistakes.  Meanwhile, the Blues sit back and wait when the Sharks get it set up.

Very true. It's a good technique against less aggressive PP but not against the Sharks unit.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1018 on: May 23, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
Tied after 2.  Don't blow it Sharks!!!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1019 on: May 23, 2016, 08:16:28 PM »
Got tickets to the Lightening game tomorrow, center ice second row, can't wait.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1020 on: May 23, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »
That Pavelski deflection was frighteningly good. Fully extended and perfectly redirected.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
Getting a tad annoyed the Hawks style pic San Jose runs entering the zone hasn't been called. That last entry was the most blatant one yet.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2016, 08:44:01 PM »
Wow. WTF.

Blues, I mean, my god. Puck is in your zone, you outnumber the opponent and you just stand there? Not a terrible game overall, but that empty net goal was just pure laziness on the Blues part.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »
Yep, they got outworked like crazy the last few minutes.  They definitely got hosed on some calls (or non-calls), but the Sharks simply outworked them at the end of the game. 

Oh, and the crowd sucked. They were deathly silent for most of the 3rd period.

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #1024 on: May 23, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
Wow. WTF.

Blues, I mean, my god. Puck is in your zone, you outnumber the opponent and you just stand there? Not a terrible game overall, but that empty net goal was just pure laziness on the Blues part.

Particularly Pietrangelo who just stood there with the puck and let Marleau steal it from him right from behind. He should be the one apologizing in the locker room for giving that up.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1025 on: May 23, 2016, 09:09:45 PM »
Fuck hockey
But if the dung comes out
He shits the death upon a man
Throw them a rag
Better to save the menstruate
Then surrender tuna sea crap
Whale!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1026 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:29 PM »
Wow. WTF.

Particularly Pietrangelo who just stood there with the puck and let Marleau steal it from him right from behind. He should be the one apologizing in the locker room for giving that up.

Pietrangelo has been awesome for almost all of the entire playoffs; he need to apologize to no one, although being the leader that he is, I could see him doing it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2016, 09:19:03 PM »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2016, 11:23:44 PM »
Whether you like it or whether you don't.....wooooooo!  :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: May 24, 2016, 06:18:28 AM »

Yeah. I only say it because it sucked to see the Blues hit three posts in the third period, watch a high stick to the face right in front of a ref not get called with six minutes to go in the game....and a tipped puck that literally only had the smallest of options to go in....go in. Oh well. But it sucked to see.

I still think this is going seven games though.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1030 on: May 24, 2016, 06:22:47 AM »
I've been a Sharks fan for 25 years and I think they're finally going to make it to the finals! A San Jose vs. Tampa Bay finale would interesting.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1031 on: May 24, 2016, 06:37:43 AM »

Yeah. I only say it because it sucked to see the Blues hit three posts in the third period, watch a high stick to the face right in front of a ref not get called with six minutes to go in the game....and a tipped puck that literally only had the smallest of options to go in....go in. Oh well. But it sucked to see.

Yep, the hockey gods, and the officials, were on the Sharks side last night.  Yeah, we got hosed by some awful calls (or non-calls), but given how outworked the Blues were in the last few minutes, I couldn't help but put the blame sorely on them for losing.  They were in position to overcome the calls and the bad luck, and they didn't. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1032 on: May 24, 2016, 06:56:55 AM »
Yep, the hockey gods, and the officials, were on the Sharks side last night.  Yeah, we got hosed by some awful calls (or non-calls), but given how outworked the Blues were in the last few minutes, I couldn't help but put the blame sorely on them for losing.  They were in position to overcome the calls and the bad luck, and they didn't.

As much as it sucked not to get the two very blatant missed calls and a couple bounces, you're right. There really was no excuse for the way they played the last seven minutes of the game.....as if there were a whole other period to play?

I've been a Sharks fan for 25 years and I think they're finally going to make it to the finals! A San Jose vs. Tampa Bay finale would interesting.

:omg:   hope you're not superstitious    :lol    cuz, that's a jinx if I've ever seen one.......

Every instance in these playoffs where the Blues HAD to win, they have. And I'm banking on them doing it again two more times.

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1033 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:58 AM »
In other news I've developed a rapidly growing hatred of Pete DeBoer during this series.  What a smarmy, whiny prick.  And he looks like a turtle the way his mouth is constantly opening and closing by a little bit at a time.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1034 on: May 24, 2016, 08:47:16 AM »
In other news I've developed a rapidly growing hatred of Pete DeBoer during this series.  What a smarmy, whiny prick.  And he looks like a turtle the way his mouth is constantly opening and closing by a little bit at a time.

Mine is for every NBC commentator as they've been noticeably biased towards whoever the Blues have played. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1035 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22:43 AM »
I used to like Joe Micheletti, but if I have to hear one more time that Joe Thornton is as good a passer as Gretzky was, I'm going to hurl.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1036 on: May 24, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »
I used to like Joe Micheletti, but if I have to hear one more time that Joe Thornton is as good a passer as Gretzky was, I'm going to hurl.

What about Pavalski being the greatest shot tipper in the history of the world. Listen, the guy clearly has fantastic hand eye coordination and thanks to Micheletti telling us every other minute during the game we know that he does nothing but practice for 20 hours a day at tipping pucks.....but jeez.....calm the  :censored down dude. He's not the only player who can deflect a puck well.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1037 on: May 24, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
Yep, that was pretty over the top. And then he ripped Tarasenko, while saying nothing about the possibility that he was struggling cause he likely has cracked ribs because of that cheap shot he took in G5. I hadn't noticed any slanted announcing in this series until last night. Given that Micheletti used to work here, it's bizarre.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »
And then he ripped Tarasenko, while saying nothing about the possibility that he was struggling cause he likely has cracked ribs

I fully expect in the post mortem of the playoffs to learn that Tarasenko is hurt. The amount of slashes that he took from Chicago and Dallas on his wrists were criminal. I think he's out there ala Terrell Davis as a decoy....but problem is by now San Jose knows he's hurt and unable to perform so they really don't need to pay too much attention to him. There's no way a guy with his pedigree and playoff scoring history goes from productive to nothing. If San Jose were doing something drastic towards him I'd say maybe but he's had chances and hasn't been able to give even a decent effort.

There is always the chance the Russian KGB is holding his grandfather hostage, has bet $50 million on San Jose.....and has demanded him not to perform.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1039 on: May 24, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
Pens are going with Murray in net for Game 6.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1040 on: May 24, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »

I fully expect in the post mortem of the playoffs to learn that Tarasenko is hurt. The amount of slashes that he took from Chicago and Dallas on his wrists were criminal. I think he's out there ala Terrell Davis as a decoy....but problem is by now San Jose knows he's hurt and unable to perform so they really don't need to pay too much attention to him. There's no way a guy with his pedigree and playoff scoring history goes from productive to nothing. If San Jose were doing something drastic towards him I'd say maybe but he's had chances and hasn't been able to give even a decent effort.

Agreed.  Cracked ribs for a sniper like Tarasenko are crippling.  His shots have far less zip now and he looks hesitant whenever any contact is coming.  Had it happened on a legit hit, it would have sucked, but I could have dealt with that, but knowing that he likely got hurt on a blatant cheap shot after the whistle, one both the officials and the league overlooked, is sickening.  :censored

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1041 on: May 24, 2016, 06:42:17 PM »
Elliot is starting Game 6.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Mr. Ister

« Reply #1042 on: May 24, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »
That's the only defensible decision.
Throw them a rag
Whale!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: May 24, 2016, 07:55:17 PM »
Elliot is starting Game 6.

I mentioned before yesterdays game win or lose that Elliot should and would be back in goal. He had started a ton of games in a row leading into the playoffs and 17 straight in the playoffs. He got a break both mentally and physically and when these two goalies tag teamed in the regular season the past two years....typically when one steps back in goal they've been nails. I expect Elliot and the Blues to have a fantastic game tomorrow....I think that if the Sharks want that 4th and clinching victory they are going to have to really earn it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1044 on: May 24, 2016, 08:23:29 PM »
In the past few years when the Blues lost a pivotal game 5 at home when the series was tied 2-2, them losing game 6 on the road to get ousted was a foregone conclusion; this year it's not.  They might not win tomorrow, but this team is much tougher mentally than the ones from previous seasons, and if they go down tomorrow, I am fully confident that they will go down swinging.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: May 24, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
In the past few years when the Blues lost a pivotal game 5 at home when the series was tied 2-2, them losing game 6 on the road to get ousted was a foregone conclusion; this year it's not.  They might not win tomorrow, but this team is much tougher mentally than the ones from previous seasons, and if they go down tomorrow, I am fully confident that they will go down swinging.

That's really all I ask. No game 2 and 3 efforts please. Play tough and make San Jose earn the trip to the Cup if they indeed are the team that's going.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #1046 on: May 24, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »
Big win for Pittsburgh. Crosby was a beast all night, and Murray just ensured Fleury is on the trade block this off season. Can't wait until Thursday.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1047 on: May 24, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
We simply got outplayed. Too many missed opportunities. Well done, Pens. Game 7 are the best games in any sport!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: May 24, 2016, 10:11:47 PM »

My view of game six tonight's when the Lightning disappointed me

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1049 on: May 24, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »
Those are great seats, and even better seats had they won and clinched a spot in the Stanley Cup!