Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46671 times)

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:14 AM »
This latest episode is why TV has surpassed movies in terms of quality entertainment.

There was not one second of that episode where I wasn't completely engaged. As soon as it ended, I immediately realized that I had never experienced an episode of a television show like that. Truly incredible! Even more incredible is the fact that not only does this show not disappoint, but when they accomplish something with the story telling that makes people wonder, "Where do the go from here," they somehow manage to take it to the next level.

Online faizoff

« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2017, 02:29:55 PM »
Yeah this season has been killing it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2017, 10:33:14 PM »
Wow. Just had the chance to finally watch the last episode. What can you say about this show that hasn’t been said? It’s so good and that’s an understatement.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2017, 07:24:52 AM »
That last one was pretty intense, I was on the edge of the seat the whole time. It's almost surreal how good this show is from every standpoint
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2017, 01:31:53 PM »
Damn that episode was so awesome. The single-shot effect editing was incredible and the tension was ridiculous.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2017, 08:45:29 AM »
Loved the reveal at the end of the episode when Elliot realizes that he (and Mr. Robot) were being played the whole time by the Dark Army. And it was a cool 'call to arms' so to speak from him as well.....to where now in lieu of him having this internal power struggle he can now get back to the combined 'power' of himself and I'm assuming 'go to war' with the Dark Army?

Angela's character sure has changed a lot since the beginning. Man...she's savage these days.

And, I think there's definitely some sort of time travel/inter-dimensional aspect to White Rose's end game. Angela is convinced she'd gonna see her mom again...told Elliot he'd see his dad......and there was that clever little 'See you in another Life' red script written on the white cake in Angela's flashback to when her mom was dying. I'm really curious to see the end game on that. Would they turn this into a sci fi show like that? Or when it's all said and done will White Rose's attempt at 'whatever' time manipulation he/she's trying ultimately fail...because....it's just not possible in the first place?

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
NNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH THIS SHOW IS SO RIDICULOUSLY GOOD

Angela's character sure has changed a lot since the beginning. Man...she's savage these days.
I think she's going to be pretty remorseful now she knows she's been played all along.

And, I think there's definitely some sort of time travel/inter-dimensional aspect to White Rose's end game. Angela is convinced she'd gonna see her mom again...told Elliot he'd see his dad......and there was that clever little 'See you in another Life' red script written on the white cake in Angela's flashback to when her mom was dying. I'm really curious to see the end game on that. Would they turn this into a sci fi show like that? Or when it's all said and done will White Rose's attempt at 'whatever' time manipulation he/she's trying ultimately fail...because....it's just not possible in the first place?
I'm increasingly thinking that White Rose doesn't actually believe any of that crap, just using it to manipulate people like Angela into taking part in what is essentially terrorism and cyber warfare. I might be wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

I be am boner inducing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »
I'm increasingly thinking that White Rose doesn't actually believe any of that crap, just using it to manipulate people like Angela into taking part in what is essentially terrorism and cyber warfare. I might be wrong, but that's the feeling I'm getting.

I could absolutely see that. The thing that's keeping me intrigued on whether or not White Rose is really up to something concerning the time/dimensional aspect is all the attention that's being placed on it. The fascination he has with time, the massive underground bunker he's built, the small little clues like the cake script and things of that nature. Maybe it's all there to throw us off as well but it just feels like there's more to it than 'simple' cyber warfare/currency manipulation.

No matter what, this show has given me zero reason to doubt that there will be an awesome payoff and story behind it all.

Online faizoff

« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »
Episode 6 gave me goosebumps and I just can't shake it off. I don't even have words to describe how fantastic this season has been, everything about each episode so far has been knocking it out of the park.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »
Yeah, serously. This show is killing it this season. It does every season but still, it's astonishing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2017, 10:02:24 AM »
I'm amazed at how this show just doesn't lower it's quality ever. I think it was episode 3 or 4 this season that I thought was a bit slow or not as good as it had been and I remember thinking that the show might finally start slowing down and not be able to keep the same level of intensity and dynamic it had before but boy did they prove me wrong.

Yeah, serously. This show is killing it this season. It does every season but still, it's astonishing.

Are you trying to get MP and DS to bash the show?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »
It is pretty remarkable that the show  hasn't lost one bit of it's pace or ability to captivate. It's like you keep waiting for the moment it will fall off but it just simply doesn't. It'll be a truly great feat if it can maintain this aura of greatness the entire series run.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »
This season has been fucking great so far, really love this series :2metal:

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2017, 09:45:55 PM »
Man....had a hunch those two wouldn’t wind up with a happy ending.

Angela has lost her mind. 

White Rose is a dick / bitch.  :lol   All that “because i had to ask twice”  :lol

This show is amazing

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2017, 07:53:18 PM »
Damn this episode was very dark.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2017, 01:32:26 AM »
Bloody hell that was brutal.

I be am boner inducing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2017, 10:02:26 PM »
Spoilers obviously....

Man I'm depressed as hell after that episode, I was so hoping Mobley and Trent would play a larger part down the line. What a gut punch of an episode. The editing on this series has been on point and kept me so wishful that I had to do a double take that they really killed off those guys.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
Spoilers obviously....

Man I'm depressed as hell after that episode, I was so hoping Mobley and Trent would play a larger part down the line. What a gut punch of an episode. The editing on this series has been on point and kept me so wishful that I had to do a double take that they really killed off those guys.

Not claiming to be a detective or sleuth by any means but when they showed them in the
Refresher previews, then the FBI head honcho reminded Tyrell to stick to the plan and it was revealed he ID’d two suspects.....I knew it’d be them and I knew they were gonners

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »
Started this one last night, already on S1, E8. Holy fuck is this show outstanding. I'll get back when I'm caught up...

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
Started this one last night, already on S1, E8. Holy fuck is this show outstanding. I'll get back when I'm caught up...

could possibly be the all around best show going right now. I love a lot of other shows....but this one is in a class of its own.

Online faizoff

« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Spoilers obviously....

Not claiming to be a detective or sleuth by any means but when they showed them in the
Refresher previews, then the FBI head honcho reminded Tyrell to stick to the plan and it was revealed he ID’d two suspects.....I knew it’d be them and I knew they were gonners
That's one of the reasons I never look at previews, you can always sense some plot points when watching those. In any case.. I still can't shake the feeling that episode gave me... Man talk about all round depressing and gloomy.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
And you still haven't reached Season 3, which has been a wild ride so far  :metal

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2017, 08:31:36 PM »
Ok, just hit the prison reveal episode. Wtf man, my world is fucking torn now...

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2017, 07:41:54 AM »
Although this last episode was not the frantic, fast paced...cat and mouse extravaganza that this whole season has been.....it was PERFECT! The way this episode unfolded and just allowed the viewers to take a deep breath in concert with Elliot as he came to grips with all that went down, went through a couple phases and ideas on how to 'deal' with it....and then just had this 'renewal' of sorts.....it was just done very poetically. It took me a bit to understand what was going on as I was getting anxious that 'nothing' was happening in the episode, then it hit me what the point of this episode was. Really well done.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:29 AM »
Other than the fact that I wasn't at all worried about the pacing of the episode, I completely agree with all that. The last three episodes were really intense and this change of pace is absolutely what was needed. And it's the most deeply emotional the show has been to date, particularly the short scene between Elliott and Angela at the end. Really excellent stuff.

I be am boner inducing.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2017, 09:09:11 AM »
And it's the most deeply emotional the show has been to date, particularly the short scene between Elliott and Angela at the end. Really excellent stuff.

Totally agree. So deeply emotional that it deserves another watching just to really absorb it. And as you said....that scene with Elliot and Angela at the end was gold.

Online faizoff

« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »
That episode was the indeed the perfect episode to have after all those crazy ass ones prior. It gave an excellent healing to a very tragic and gut punching episode prior. When that brother mentioned 'Trenton' to Elliot, I swelled up real fast. This season is just something else.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2017, 04:35:07 AM »
And it's the most deeply emotional the show has been to date, particularly the short scene between Elliott and Angela at the end. Really excellent stuff.

Totally agree. So deeply emotional that it deserves another watching just to really absorb it. And as you said....that scene with Elliot and Angela at the end was gold.

Agreed, that ending scene was very good.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2017, 02:40:20 AM »
I thought the boy was all in Elliot's head at first, which I think was quite intentional. It took me a long time to believe that he was actually there.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »
I thought the boy was all in Elliot's head at first, which I think was quite intentional. It took me a long time to believe that he was actually there.

You and me both.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2017, 05:42:23 AM »

You and me both.

I still believe it was all in Elliot's mind. Why is it that you guys think he was not?

Online faizoff

« Reply #241 on: December 04, 2017, 05:56:02 AM »
Why do you think the boy isn't real? I'm quite sure he's been shown before or at least the character. Or Trent has at least mentioned her brother.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: December 04, 2017, 06:10:45 AM »
Oh yeah, the boy has been in the show before, but I don't think he was with Elliot at all during that day, I think his mind created all the interactions with him after he saw him earlier in the day. His parents were preparing to leave town, why would they leave all day to a place that's a 2 hour drive from their home? That doesn't make sense to me. Also, it's too much of a coincidence that the boy is so adamant about going to the cinema the exact same day Elliot wanted to go watch Back to the Future. You also don't see the boy interacting with anyone other than Elliot since they meet in the beach.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: December 04, 2017, 07:24:38 AM »
People in line at the theater interacted with the kid and when Elliot asked the clerk at the counter if he saw a little boy leave and the clerk said ‘yes, he leaves out and left’

I’m pretty sure the kid was real. They’ve done a good job of revealing to us when Elliot is creating these instances.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2017, 07:30:45 AM »
People in line at the theater interacted with the kid and when Elliot asked the clerk at the counter if he saw a little boy leave and the clerk said ‘yes, he leaves out and left’

I’m pretty sure the kid was real. They’ve done a good job of revealing to us when Elliot is creating these instances.

I would need to watch the part when they are in line because I'm pretty sure they are interacting with Elliot, not with the kid since it's Elliot who is describing what back to the future is about.
As far as the guy behind the counter, that is the only one I haven't been able to work out and might be the one that actually gives it away, but I'm still not sold. Elliot doesn't really describe the kid and the guy behind the counter just doesn't seem to be paying any attention to anything.