Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 47448 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
As has been the case with this show the entire time.....each episode finds a way to be better than the next....which is remarkable. At this point it's just better to watch and appreciate and soak it all in.

And......that was an interesting revelation at the end that there seemingly is 'more' personalities protecting Elliot that we haven't seen yet?
Protecting? Or sabotaging?

That scene was absolutely fantastic, the way the conversation slowly led to the reveal. Esmail's writing and directing are just so great.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #281 on: November 04, 2019, 08:51:11 PM »
Just when I thought I couldn't get enough of the Watchmen series, Mr. Robot ups them with possibly one of my favorite episodes in the series. What a breathtaking ride that entire episode was, the music, the cinematography was unreal. It was all-round amazing start to finish.

That too with just two lines of dialogue.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2019, 06:51:31 AM »
Just when I thought I couldn't get enough of the Watchmen series, Mr. Robot ups them with possibly one of my favorite episodes in the series. What a breathtaking ride that entire episode was, the music, the cinematography was unreal. It was all-round amazing start to finish.

That too with just two lines of dialogue.

Yeah. Pretty awesome episode. This show, I mean.....I’m so excited to see how this all wraps up but completely bummed it’s nearing its end. It’s literally been the perfect show.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2019, 06:57:35 AM »
These last two episodes have been amazing :metal

This show, I mean.....I’m so excited to see how this all wraps up but completely bummed it’s nearing its end. It’s literally been the perfect show.
Same, but I'm actually happy that it can end on a very high note instead of being needlessly dragged for more seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: November 05, 2019, 07:01:33 AM »
These last two episodes have been amazing :metal

This show, I mean.....I’m so excited to see how this all wraps up but completely bummed it’s nearing its end. It’s literally been the perfect show.
Same, but I'm actually happy that it can end on a very high note instead of being needlessly dragged for more seasons.

I agree. I love that they didn’t cave and abandon the original plan and add seasons just because of how popular it the show is. Me being bummed about it ending is just more directed at the fact these episodes are so well done you just don’t want them to end.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:47 AM »
So that last episode. Wow. With the majority of the series being set up where Elliot is kind of the 'hero' so to speak....although he's always had some questionable moral choices.....this episode really shows how far 'gone' the dude is. He may be making sense to himself as he's solely focused on bringing down White Rose but he's pretty disconnected from reality at this point. What he did to that woman was just outright brutal. As 'Mr. Robot' stated in his commentary.....he flat out ruined her life just to get what he wanted.

Time for the obligatory "this show is so good" comment. This show is so good.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »
As 'Mr. Robot' stated in his commentary.....he flat out ruined her life just to get what he wanted.
Except of course that if it was that simple, we might start to dislike him for it, but it's not just "what we wanted", it's what he feels he needs to do to stop the dark army and protect a lot of people. Which is exactly why it's so morally uncomfortable for us.

This show is so good.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
The show is without a doubt a joy to watch, after that adrenaline filled episode last week, I'm glad this episode was a dialogue driven gold mine. Geez Darlene and Elliot made out to be monsters and wreckers of people's lives.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »
HOLE. E.  :censored

What an episode. Just wow........

Offline faizoff

« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
 ??? :eek
I don't think any other show would've been able to carry out such an episode. That was quite a ride throughout with just dialogue. It was just as tense as that action packed one with the chase.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2019, 10:45:10 AM »
??? :eek
I don't think any other show would've been able to carry out such an episode. That was quite a ride throughout with just dialogue. It was just as tense as that action packed one with the chase.

The use of the soundtrack with that method of storytelling was awesome.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2019, 10:48:02 AM »
The soundtrack, the change in aspect ratio to an ultra wide format, the scenery, I could go on, so many good things to say.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
And the gigantic plot twist, jesus fucking christ. Rami absolutely nailed it.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2019, 11:42:37 PM »
I loved the slow reveal. There was no point at which the twist suddenly hit. By the time it was confirmed, you already knew the answer and the writing reflected that. Such a superbly written and directed scene.

This show is so good. Has anyone said that already?

I be am boner inducing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2019, 08:00:08 AM »
I decided this brilliant series was worth a full rewatch before properly concluding it, and I started with Season 1, finished it this week. Old spoilers coming, of course.

While the novelty effect has worn out, I still consider this one of the best seasons ever of any TV show. The top of the top, the "1% of the 1%" to quote Elliot. Everything is so perfectly woven together.

The greatest thing was the double twist, or what I consider the "real" twist: the fact that Darlene was Elliott's sister. It was so evident! the clues were abundant: how she was just annoyed at being discovered naked under the shower, her knowing where he lived, her entitlement in requiring Shayla to leave them alone (d'uh, of course, it's her brother, family first), and that she knew Angela... it was clear for all to see, but nobody noticed it because they were so busy over analyzing every single appearence of Mr. Robot to prove that he wasn't real.

Well played. Absolutely well played.

Also Tyrell's descent into total and utter Whattdafuckery was impressive. Christian Bale's American Psycho could take notes.

Everyone is on top of their game, from Price who talks in that charismatic and yet almost stuttering manner, and of course Whiterose. Mentioned just randomly, then appearing in the hard disk lab, and then as a final cliffhanger post credits in the last episode as an obviously important and famous man. WHOAH!

Now let's see how I'll relive Season 2, which I think was too much indulgent and strained people's patience with the whole prison thing. But Season 3 was back to form and I'm glad to read so far positive comments for season 4 (which I won't indulge however to avoid spoilers).
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2019, 08:49:12 AM »
I plan to give a full re-watch a year or so after this series ends.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: November 24, 2019, 10:58:39 PM »
Goddamnit, that was another amazing episode. It made me both terribly tense and cry at the end :'(. I love how everything is getting so heavily recontextualized now, making a lot of sense. Gotta admire that attention to detail since day one.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: November 25, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »
Goddamnit, that was another amazing episode. It made me both terribly tense and cry at the end :'(. I love how everything is getting so heavily recontextualized now, making a lot of sense. Gotta admire that attention to detail since day one.

One week they have you in rebellion against Elliot and his behavior and the next you’re hearts breaking for him. LOVED the Darlene and Dominic moments. Kudos to Dom for taking matters into her own hands when concerning her families safety.

This show is so good.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #298 on: November 25, 2019, 12:23:48 PM »
The stuff with Dom and Darlene was awesome, so much tension and what a great payoff.

Between last week and this week, I'm feeling really emotionally affected by the revelations about Elliot, Mr Robot and his father. And I honestly think I wouldn't have found these scenes so upsetting before I had a child. It's kind of hard to explain. I can't really put into words how much I love my little one, and just the idea that any father could do something like that really deeply upsets me - not in an angry sense, but a sense of overwhelming sadness. Even typing this now is making me feel really miserable. I think it's such a credit to how well made this show is that it's clearly really tapped into something I didn't even know was there.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2019, 11:24:42 PM »
Sunday nights are like a one-two punch with Watchmen and Mr. Robot. Both these shows are like one upping each other and I don't care which one wins in the end, I'm enjoying every single minute of both shows and throw in some comedic relief with Silicon Valley, it's been a dream run.

Oddly enough I was predicting this kind of battle when GoT and Veep were running together. But alas that was a mixed bag and this run has been just fucking flawless.

The hacking in episode nine was a joy to watch unfold. It wasn't some "'let me run VB script on their IP address" bullshit. I'll be so sad after the next four episodes are done plus with all that has been happening in this season so far, I can't believe we still have 4 episodes of plot left.

It will be a joy to rewatch the entire series once its all said and done.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: December 02, 2019, 12:01:25 AM »
This was a fun one to watch for sure. Like you said, hard to believe there’s only (4) episodes left in the series. It’s such a good show.

Side note: I need to get on that Watchman show. Been meaning to watch the movie then dig in.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2019, 06:23:58 AM »
Regarding the Watchmen show, seeing the movie is definitely a plus but I'm kinda surprised by how much back story they actually show/explain so for those who haven't watched the movie or read the novel. You should be still able to follow along for the most part.

The music for last night's episode in Mr. Robot was something else too.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »
The music for last night's episode in Mr. Robot was something else too.

Honestly, the score for this entire series is just perfect. And, I think it's a major factor in 'why' this show is so good. It just sets and keeps the tone/mood for the scenes so well.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: December 02, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
Damn what a fucking great episode.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: December 02, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »
Damn what a fucking great episode.

I was trying to describe to a co-worker how....with this show/series.....that I've simply never been disappointed with an episode. That, I've said to myself many times "Well....I bet the next episode is going to suck or be slow because that one was awesome". then the next episode comes out and it's just as good or better than the last then I'd say the same thing.

It just never ends. It's one fantastic episode after another.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #305 on: December 02, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »
I've said to myself many times "Well....I bet the next episode is going to suck or be slow because that one was awesome". then the next episode comes out and it's just as good or better than the last then I'd say the same thing.
Interestingly though, this season they're all kind of slow, but never in a plodding way but in a "oh god it's so tense why is it so tense" kind of way. This episode was no different, brilliant stuff, but really interested to see where the next four episodes go!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2019, 04:34:19 PM »
Slowly catching up, I finished my rewatch of Season 2!

Watching it all in a row and with the benefit of knowledge helps greatly, but damn if it wasn't a bit frustrating seeing it for the first time. Yet another mystery / twist going on for the first half of the season (the prison), and too many cliffhangers many of which weren't exactly world shattering (who's at the door to startle Darlene? just Cisco and the other dude... who's sending gifts to Joanna? just a drunk broken husband). I also didn't like that much how the warden basically commited "suicide by Elliot" by allowing back to a computer, he explained his reasons in allowing it but it would have been better if Elliot did really pwn him.

Still, when the action started, damn if it wasn't awesome! the bar shooting scene all in one take was awesome, and every scene with Whiterose and Price were riveting.

Now in a short while I'll move on to Season 3, which was a brilliant return to form for Mr. Robot, and then on to the grand finale!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2019, 09:56:44 PM »
Damn that was a really lovely and also tense episode. Really hyped to see what happens with Elliott and the machine.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »
Amazing episode again but I am very nervous by Bobby Carnavale's appearance in the airport. I'm fearing the worst for Dom.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2019, 11:54:50 PM »
Amazing episode again but I am very nervous by Bobby Carnavale's appearance in the airport. I'm fearing the worst for Dom.

Yeah. That was not a coincidence....at all. Wouldn’t surprise me if they down the plane.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: December 15, 2019, 09:52:53 PM »
What in the name of FUCK has just happened??!?? :o This show is so fucking mental.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2019, 11:46:30 PM »
What the fuck is right indeed. So next Sunday is the finale with 2 back to back episodes? I'm checking out of the theories and just going to watch next week. Crazy crazy shit going down for sure.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: December 15, 2019, 11:54:34 PM »
What in the name of FUCK has just happened??!?? :o This show is so fucking mental.

Came here to say this. Hole. E.  :censored

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
WHAT THE

That is all.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2019, 02:41:20 PM »
WHAT THE

That is all.

The series finale has some 'splainin' to do