Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 336986 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #3395 on: February 26, 2023, 02:28:50 PM »
I use a cologne from time to time but I never go out and buy them myself.  If I get one as a gift, sweet, I'll give it a spray from time to time but daily it's an anti perspirant spray and that's it.  I'm not a roll on guy.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3396 on: February 26, 2023, 06:05:34 PM »
If I want to smell like anything other than me I'll use one of the many beard shampoos I get as gifts. Some of those smell nice, and with my beard it's more than enough. By and large I buy unscented everything, though.

And the flavour thing has bugged me for years. Colours are not flavors. Adding random adjectives to them doesn't change that. I have no idea what Fierce Blue Mist tastes like, and by the gods I hope I never find out. Zero Glacier Freeze? Rainbow Unicorn? Purple Haze? Here's one thing I do know. The folks that run Pepsi-Co aren't idiots. They don't squander money and ideas on things that won't make them money, so there has to be a benefit to giving drink flavors silly, meaningless names. People are stupid.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3397 on: February 26, 2023, 07:24:06 PM »
And the flavour thing has bugged me for years. Colours are not flavors. Adding random adjectives to them doesn't change that. I have no idea what Fierce Blue Mist tastes like, and by the gods I hope I never find out. Zero Glacier Freeze? Rainbow Unicorn? Purple Haze? Here's one thing I do know. The folks that run Pepsi-Co aren't idiots. They don't squander money and ideas on things that won't make them money, so there has to be a benefit to giving drink flavors silly, meaningless names. People are stupid.

YES! Hey, I am thirsty for some Gatorade... let me see what my options are.... where's Fruit Punch, or Orange? What the hell is Arctic Thunder?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3398 on: February 26, 2023, 07:27:06 PM »
Pretty sure that's the movie where Ben Stiller and his pals dress up like eskimos.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3399 on: February 27, 2023, 05:58:05 AM »
And the movie is just as bad as the flavor. 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3400 on: February 27, 2023, 06:16:36 AM »
I'm the opposite. I wear cologne every day, well eau de toilette technically. My daily scent is always something very light and maybe a little citrusy like Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. Just a spritz into the air, and walk under it...half an hour later no one can tell your wearing it unless they get very close. I have a collection of other, going out at night colognes as well, that are meant to pair with the clothing or event.

I won't bother you with further details, but I will say that not once have I ever regretted taking this extra step in my hygiene. I've had all manner of women comment favorably and even snuggle up to me, to my wife's eternal amusement.
I'm not talking about cologne (unless you consider Axe body spray cologne). Most good cologne are natural scents derived from actual plants or whatever their source is. My beef is more with synthetic scents. They mostly smell terrible, are super generic, and they're everywhere. Men's body products in particular are really bad at the generic synthetic scents. But laundry detergent, air fresheners, etc are full of them too. Synthetic scents are known to be terrible for you and I personally think they generally smell horrible too. I've gotten way more sensitive to them as I've gotten older.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3401 on: February 27, 2023, 07:09:33 AM »
I don't remember the last time I wore an actual cologne.

My wife is very sensitive to scents.  We can never go near, for example, a perfume counter in a department store, or near a Bath & Body Works.  So I wear nothing more than Nivea aftershave (very faint scent), and she picked out my beard products.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3402 on: February 27, 2023, 07:20:52 AM »
Hey, I'm a 'Cool Rush' guy.

I would expect nothing less from Professor Peart.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3403 on: February 27, 2023, 08:14:49 AM »

My wife is very sensitive to scents.  We can never go near, for example, a perfume counter in a department store, or near a Bath & Body Works.  So I wear nothing more than Nivea aftershave (very faint scent), and she picked out my beard products.
Same for my wife. Which is funny because when we first got married she was big into scented fabric softener and candles and stuff. Now she can't stand anything. Maybe it's just rubbed off on me.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3404 on: February 27, 2023, 09:01:23 AM »

Same for my wife. Which is funny because when we first got married she was big into scented fabric softener and candles and stuff. Now she can't stand anything. Maybe it's just rubbed off on me.

I'm that way as well, people with heavy perfumes will actually trigger a hay fever like reaction in me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3405 on: February 27, 2023, 09:06:39 AM »
My wife has rhinosinusitis, so any strong fragrance destroys her. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3406 on: February 27, 2023, 10:19:31 AM »

That must be hell lately.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3407 on: February 27, 2023, 10:24:58 AM »

Is that an actual thing?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3408 on: February 27, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »

Is that an actual thing?

Yes
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3409 on: February 27, 2023, 10:42:54 AM »

Is that an actual thing?

You think I'd make up a word I can't spell?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3410 on: February 27, 2023, 10:46:43 AM »

Is that an actual thing?

Yes

Wow that actually sounds scary.

Is that an actual thing?

You think I'd make up a word I can't spell?

Well you sent music to me in my roulette that you obviously didn’t listen to.  :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3411 on: February 27, 2023, 10:52:09 AM »
I think my example is more plausible than yours Mr. Page 39 Africa boobs.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3412 on: February 27, 2023, 10:53:51 AM »
I think my example is more plausible than yours Mr. Page 39 Africa boobs.

:rollin

I’m right though… about the boobs.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3413 on: February 27, 2023, 10:54:36 AM »
I'm going to call you that moving forward. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3414 on: February 27, 2023, 10:56:17 AM »
I’ve been called worse. Lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3415 on: February 27, 2023, 11:57:56 AM »
Exciting days in the Hefner household.  We got a new mattress/box springs delivered this weekend.

So I've got that going for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3416 on: February 27, 2023, 12:16:15 PM »
Hey, I'm a 'Cool Rush' guy.

I would expect nothing less from Professor Peart.

:rollin

Well played, sir, well played.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3417 on: February 27, 2023, 12:27:30 PM »
I'm going to call you that moving forward. Lol

It just rolls off the tongue.

Side bar, I remember - I'm guessing it was about fifth grade - a classmate did a collage of boobs from Nat Geo.  At the time it made him akin to a Viking in terms of boldness.  In hindsight, it's a head scratcher, frankly.  :).  I did one on sharks. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #3418 on: April 21, 2023, 12:29:04 PM »
Anyone ever scroll through social media and see an entertainment news-type story and ask yourself, "Who the fuck ARE these people?"

It is happening more and more for me.  Today's contestants were Drake Bell and Janet Von Schmeling.  IDFK  :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3419 on: April 21, 2023, 12:51:10 PM »
Anyone ever scroll through social media

Nope.  ;D

... and see an entertainment news-type story and ask yourself, "Who the fuck ARE these people?"

It is happening more and more for me.  Today's contestants were Drake Bell and Janet Von Schmeling.  IDFK  :lol

Since my homepage when I open my laptop is MSN, I can definitely relate. But I do know who Drake Bell is from my kids watching Drake & Josh on Nickelodeon.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3420 on: April 21, 2023, 12:52:54 PM »

Nope.  ;D

... and see an entertainment news-type story and ask yourself, "Who the fuck ARE these people?"

Since my homepage when I open my laptop is MSN, I can definitely relate. But I do know who Drake Bell is from my kids watching Drake & Josh on Nickelodeon.

Wow, Tim knows someone obscure  :lol

And yes, my social media is filled talking about news of people I have no idea of. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3421 on: April 21, 2023, 01:20:59 PM »
Anyone ever scroll through social media and see an entertainment news-type story and ask yourself, "Who the fuck ARE these people?"

Constantly.

Janet von Schmeling sounds like she might be hot...googles...looks really young, and everything appears to relate to the Drake guy.  Not a clue.

On a (possibly) related note, I've been seeing a bunch of commercials lately for something called "Darcy and Stacy," which seems to be a "reality" show about two...IDK...let's say 50ish women who've had ALL the plastic surgery and are trying to land good looking young men as spouses/significant others.  I thought back to when I was a (semi-) good looking young man and thought, "EWW!!!"  Also, people actually watch shit like this (enough to justify whatever production costs there are)?  WHY?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Harmony

« Reply #3422 on: April 21, 2023, 01:47:37 PM »
Never heard of Darcy and Stacy.  A quick Google search reveals twins from CT who got 'famous' on another reality tv show so a spin off.  Apparently they live together with their kids and divorced their spouses on the same day.

Sounds like a weird twin thing to me.  Looking at their photos they appear to be Kardashian wannabe types.  Not my bag but judging from the popularity of shows like the Kardashians and The Real Wives franchise shows, I can see why some might be.

FTR, I have never watched one episode of the Kardashians or The Real Wives series and I am damn proud of that fact.   :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #3424 on: April 25, 2023, 03:06:20 PM »
I'm getting too old for my own good or anyone else's. :|
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3425 on: April 25, 2023, 03:12:10 PM »

Nope.

Under redundant it says, "See redundant."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3426 on: April 25, 2023, 03:57:31 PM »
FTR, I have never watched one episode of the Kardashians or The Real Wives series and I am damn proud of that fact.   :lol

I have a VAGUE recollection of someone goading me into watching an episode (or part of it) of the Real Housewives of Orange County back in '05 or '06.  Other than that, you and me both.  However, I did once almost take a deposition of a "real housewife of New York," Ramona Singer.  This was probably in 2006, and RHoNY wouldn't premier for another couple years, so I had no idea who she was.  I represented a retailer who got sued for selling counterfeit goods that had been provided by several suppliers.  Singer was a supplier who supplied genuine goods with the plaintiff's marks.  The plaintiff noticed her deposition, and I flew to NY.  Singer showed up, without counsel, and was completely frazzled.  She freaked out a couple times because the events in question took place around the time her mother had died.  After maybe an hour, she said, "I can't do this anymore," and got up and walked out.  The plaintiff's lawyer and I just looked at each other and shrugged and were done for the day.  The plaintiff's lawyer never sought to compel her to come back.  I didn't realize until many years after RHoNY has premiered that this woman had become a "real housewife."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline HOF

« Reply #3427 on: May 12, 2023, 01:17:44 PM »
Been dealing with a flare up of low back pain (didn’t do anything, just came on at the end of a long day working at my desk). It responds best to heat, and then I realized if I run my car seat warmer it’s basically like a heat pad whenever I’m in the car. Doing this old thing right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3428 on: May 12, 2023, 01:31:23 PM »
Yeah, car seat warmers are great.  If I'm not imagining things, mine is the seat plus a little ways up the back, maybe 4-6 inches.  It's awesome.

Offline HOF

« Reply #3429 on: May 12, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »
Yeah, car seat warmers are great.  If I'm not imagining things, mine is the seat plus a little ways up the back, maybe 4-6 inches.  It's awesome.

Mine goes up to about my mid-back, so it’s perfect for lumbar pain. Rarely ever used it and then only during winter when I’d have a coat or layers of clothing on and wouldn’t be able to really feel it, so it never occurred to me to use for back pain until just now.