Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 336909 times)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2940 on: December 29, 2021, 05:42:16 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2941 on: December 29, 2021, 05:48:27 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2943 on: January 22, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »
First Fogey Thread post of 2022.

Sometimes I feel like such an asshole. I fucking mock EVERYTHING in my head that I read.

I don't get it.

How many fucking characters can we make up in Star Wars and make a series out of?

Is it possible to have a tiktok video and it not be viral? Because someone doesn't froth your frappachino, do you have to make a video about it?

THIS is Batman!

and THIS is how he climbs a building!

Who the hell would use doordash? Are you too fucking lazy to go to McDonald's?

When a guy makes a tackle does he have to act like a jackass?

I just popped into the Amazing Race Thread. People....you watch that??

I'm sorry that you guys miss Meat Loaf, but he was one of the worst concert experiences I've ever had. Sorry. Fuck him.

Ugh. I've been bitchy lately.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2944 on: January 22, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2945 on: January 22, 2022, 11:26:29 PM »
^
That made me do a spittake :lol
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2946 on: January 23, 2022, 02:57:49 AM »

I'm sorry that you guys miss Meat Loaf, but he was one of the worst concert experiences I've ever had. Sorry. Fuck him.

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2947 on: January 23, 2022, 05:36:33 AM »
You know, maybe someday 1980 will kick Tim out of the house so he can come and join us in the 21st century.

How many fucking characters can we make up in Star Wars and make a series out of?
Star Wars is a whole galaxy/universe dude.  Infinite.  That's your answer ... there's an infinite amount of characters.  Star Wars is more than just Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie/RD/3PO.

Is it possible to have a tiktok video and it not be viral?
Yes.  I'd gather there are a few hundred million TT videos out there.

THIS is Batman!
*snip Adam West photos*
Dude ... this is one adaptation from the comics.  Even the comics have lots of different Batman's

You live in America.  I think you know your answer

When a guy makes a tackle does he have to act like a jackass?
NFL ... you watch that??

You don't watch ANYTHING (other than sports), so you're not standing on firm ground with your mockery of anything on TV.

I can't even mock this.  Seriously, the day after the guy dies??

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2948 on: January 23, 2022, 06:35:09 AM »
Jesus Tim.  You make Crankshaft seem docile.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2949 on: January 23, 2022, 08:10:40 AM »
Alright Chad. I take back the Fuck him part.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2950 on: January 23, 2022, 08:11:16 AM »
Jesus Tim.  You make Crankshaft seem docile.

Man I was aggravated last night. It’s a me problem.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2951 on: January 23, 2022, 10:00:58 AM »
Alright Chad. I take back the Fuck him part.

That’s fair.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2952 on: January 23, 2022, 02:43:39 PM »

I do (not DD so much, but Uber Eats and Postmates).  Let's see...I have a limited amount of time on my days off, and they constantly send me coupons that basically negate all the delivery fees.  So...I could take the time to go there or have it delivered for about the same price.  Have you ever gotten a pizza delivered?  Was it because you were too lazy?

Damn right I do.  Have you EVER watched even a single episode?

Thin Lizzy...you listen to that??

Ugh. I've been bitchy lately.

Get yourself some Midol, man....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2953 on: January 23, 2022, 02:52:04 PM »
I thought the post was entertaining.....

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2954 on: January 23, 2022, 02:54:37 PM »
I don't get the whole food delivery thing.  The young staff do it all the time.  The fuckers have half an hour off during their shift, drive to work so they have their own transport and spend delivery money for food that is literally a 2 minute fucking drive around the corner because they are too funking lazy.  Blows my mind the money just pissed up a wall.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2955 on: January 23, 2022, 02:57:21 PM »

I do (not DD so much, but Uber Eats and Postmates).  Let's see...I have a limited amount of time on my days off, and they constantly send me coupons that basically negate all the delivery fees.  So...I could take the time to go there or have it delivered for about the same price.  Have you ever gotten a pizza delivered?  Was it because you were too lazy?

I never get delivery. But at least if I got a pizza delivered, it's an employee of where I ordered it from. I order pizza for my kids every Friday night, and I always go pick it up.

But I would never use a Doordash type thingy. Having my family's food delivered by a complete stranger (which I classify differently than the complete stranger that at least works at the establishment). Is the guy a smoker? How many stops before he gets to me? Food Safety? My wife and I were at a restaurant a few couple of months ago, and a (I'll just call him a doordash guy) doordash guy comes in to grab an order, but it's not ready. So he sits at the bar and orders a shot and a beer while he waits.

Obviously, I'm not looking at shut-ins or the disabled.

YES I have seen The Amazing Race. My wife LOVES the show. But I guess I was really using it as a euphemism for all reality shows.

BTW, Thin Lizzy!! :metal   ;D

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2956 on: January 23, 2022, 03:01:57 PM »
YES I have seen The Amazing Race. My wife LOVES the show. But I guess I was really using it as a euphemism for all reality shows.

I don't even think of TAR as a "reality" show.  It's a competition/travel show.  When people start acting like what I consider to be "reality TV," I get annoyed.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2957 on: January 23, 2022, 03:07:46 PM »

I don't even think of TAR as a "reality" show.  It's a competition/travel show.  When people start acting like what I consider to be "reality TV," I get annoyed.

OK, so now we're just a couple of dudes having a chat over a beer....

It is a reality show though. Like I said, my wife loves it. I walked into the bedroom and she had it on, and the contestants were waving flags of some sort. I don't know.

I think I get upset because I feel like, what am I missing? Then I watch two minutes of a show like that and I have my answer.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2958 on: January 23, 2022, 03:13:35 PM »

OK, so now we're just a couple of dudes having a chat over a beer....

It is a reality show though. Like I said, my wife loves it. I walked into the bedroom and she had it on, and the contestants were waving flags of some sort. I don't know.

I think I get upset because I feel like, what am I missing? Then I watch two minutes of a show like that and I have my answer.

It's characterized as "reality TV," but the distinction I draw is that it's ultimately a competition, and the winner is determined by objective skill and performance, as opposed to something like Survivor.  My wife loves Survivor, but the only thing I watch is when they do challenges.  At the end of the day, though, Survivor is nothing but a popularity contest.  I think most or all other "reality" shows are either the same or aren't even competitions, and I wouldn't dream of watching that stuff.  I don't get it, and I don't understand why people watch it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2959 on: January 23, 2022, 03:15:48 PM »
It's characterized as "reality TV," but the distinction I draw is that it's ultimately a competition, and the winner is determined by objective skill and performance, as opposed to something like Survivor.  My wife loves Survivor, but the only thing I watch is when they do challenges.  At the end of the day, though, Survivor is nothing but a popularity contest.  I think most or all other "reality" shows are either the same or aren't even competitions, and I wouldn't dream of watching that stuff. I don't get it, and I don't understand why people watch it.

Welcome to the club!!  ;D

I understand the distinction that you are making. I do.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2960 on: January 23, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »
I would never use one of those food delivery services. From what I understand, the restaurants get burned badly on what they earn from those. I mean, Domino's has those commercials where they were giving away coupons to local mom and pop's who were getting torched by delivery services. I don't like Domino's, but they got some respect from me for doing that and telling people, 'Hey, don't use those services', essentially. They were telling people to order right from the place of business.

Pizza is a different thing because, like TAC said, the actual place of business is handling everything.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:10:35 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2961 on: January 23, 2022, 06:53:25 PM »
Not every restaurant has direct ordering, and relatively few offer delivery.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2962 on: January 23, 2022, 06:55:47 PM »

But that would never be an option for me anyway. If I buy food at a restaurant, I want it served hot while I'm sitting there. I just can't eat a meal that's been driven to me for who know how many stops in a styrofoam container.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2963 on: January 23, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »

But that would never be an option for me anyway. If I buy food at a restaurant, I want it served hot while I'm sitting there. I just can't eat a meal that's been driven to me for who know how many stops in a styrofoam container.

Tim....this isn't the 80s  ;) You can follow their travel route on your cell phone. You'll know where they are at any given moment.   Oops, uhm, you do own one of those cell phone thingys, don't you? :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2964 on: January 23, 2022, 07:12:40 PM »

Tim....this isn't the 80s  ;) You can follow their travel route on your cell phone. You'll know where they are at any given moment.   Oops, uhm, you do own one of those cell phone thingys, don't you? :D

Hah! The only route I want it to travel is from the oven to my table. Besides, I pick up whatever I order anyway. I realize it's not hunting and gathering, but I never even consider delivery. Meanwhile some dude is standing at my door waiting for a tip....for doing his job.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2965 on: January 23, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »

I agree.  It just feels weird to me too mate.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2966 on: January 24, 2022, 06:31:54 AM »
I don't get the whole food delivery thing.  The young staff do it all the time.  The fuckers have half an hour off during their shift, drive to work so they have their own transport and spend delivery money for food that is literally a 2 minute fucking drive around the corner because they are too funking lazy.  Blows my mind the money just pissed up a wall.

I don't do the doordash thing because I'm cheap and also because I don't like getting cold food. At lot of third party delivery people will make multiple stops to make it worth it to them so your food can just be sitting in the car getting cold, which wish fast food the shelf life is already short as it is.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2967 on: January 24, 2022, 06:40:32 AM »
God dammit, TAC.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2968 on: January 24, 2022, 06:45:44 AM »
My forehead is bruised from reading all of the posts from Tim here.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2969 on: January 24, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »

And he didn't even mention Power Windows!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2970 on: January 24, 2022, 02:36:08 PM »

Yeah! :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2971 on: January 24, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »

It'd be better to talk about things that don't suck.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2972 on: January 24, 2022, 02:49:21 PM »
After careful consideration from reading recent posts, I've come to the conclusion that Timmy poo needs a group hug.  :hug:  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2973 on: January 24, 2022, 02:56:52 PM »

It'd be better to talk about things that don't suck.

Like winning a coin flip?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2974 on: January 24, 2022, 10:04:21 PM »
It has never once occurred to me to have anything other than a pizza delivered. And the last couple times I ordered pizza, I went and picked it up, or more likely, picked it up as the last segment of a multi-stop trip. We don't order take-out often, but have more recently since Covid hit to help support restaurants, and every time it was just a given I would go pick it up. I don't think it crossed my wife's mind either.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'