Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 334722 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2905 on: September 21, 2021, 09:26:22 AM »
The other thing about that sleep - by the way, I'm not sure I made it to 99, and I was fighting it (I was scared, not going to lie) - was when I woke up, I was UP.  There was no grogginess, none of that "adjustment" like when you wake up from a normal sleep.   I can absolutely see why Michael Jackson would want to be pumped up with that shit if he couldn't sleep otherwise.

I only went under once, and I remember the hospital saying to make sure I had a ride home because you shouldn't drive afterwards due to the effects of waking back up.  But I also felt perfectly awake and fine.  Definitely could have driven.  Also, I didn't make it far into the count either before being out  :lol

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2906 on: September 21, 2021, 09:39:48 AM »
Hey, I'm 40 in october, I do naps and sleep badly at night...I guess I can join the club !
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2907 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:55 AM »
Hey, I'm 40 in october, I do naps and sleep badly at night...I guess I can join the club !

Qualifications check out.  Welcome sir! :lol

53 years old and I've woken up 6 to 8 times a night the last 4 days.  I can't tell you why.  I just don't get it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #2908 on: September 21, 2021, 11:32:15 AM »
I've woken up 6 to 8 times a night the last 4 days.  I can't tell you why.  I just don't get it.

This sucks when you get in stretches like this. I’m 41 and have had this problem recently as well, but I can at least blame it on a newborn who’s been painfully gassy as all hell at night waking me up every hour.

That notwithstanding, I’ve had this happen several times before and it definitely is no fun. My sympathies, King. Hope it resolves soon!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2909 on: September 21, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
Thanks.  It drives me crazy because I am tired going to bed, then I wake up 2 hours later and then it happens the rest of the night.  It kills that deep REM sleep I need.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2910 on: September 21, 2021, 01:53:08 PM »
My problem isn't staying asleep.  It's getting to bed early.  Just can't seem to do it.  Night owl here.  During the week, it's about 5 1/2 to 6 hours a night tops.  However, I usually sleep straight through unless I wake up on rare occasions to take a piss.  Then, right back to sleep.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2911 on: September 21, 2021, 02:11:22 PM »
Colonoscopy-I had a colonoscopy not quite 10 years ago. I remember getting the anesthesia, but I was still aware when the guy started. He said your going to feel a little pressure. I looked up at the screen, and I asked, "Is that me??. He said "yes" and that's all I remember.

Sleep- I work 5am-1pm. My alarm goes off at 3:55am. I try and get to bed by 10:30, but no later than 11:00. 2-3 times a week, I take an hour nap after work.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2912 on: September 21, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »
I'm 37 and in bed by 9.00 each night.  I try and get 7-8 hours of sleep.  My schedule is a little random though, sometimes up at 4 but sometimes can sleep in til 6.

Trying to stay up much past 9.00 these days is near impossible.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2913 on: September 21, 2021, 02:59:32 PM »
Thanks.  It drives me crazy because I am tired going to bed, then I wake up 2 hours later and then it happens the rest of the night.  It kills that deep REM sleep I need.

I've experienced this a few times lately.  It's almost crippling the next day.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2914 on: September 21, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »
Colonoscopy-I had a colonoscopy not quite 10 years ago. I remember getting the anesthesia, but I was still aware when the guy started. He said your going to feel a little pressure. I looked up at the screen, and I asked, "Is that me??. He said "yes" and that's all I remember.

Sleep- I work 5am-1pm. My alarm goes off at 3:55am. I try and get to bed by 10:30, but no later than 11:00. 2-3 times a week, I take an hour nap after work.

Wow, sometimes 5 hours of sleep?  Beast mode.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2915 on: September 21, 2021, 04:07:25 PM »
Get outta this thread, youngling!!   :lol

I’m normally a 6-7 hr sleeper, usually straight thru. As long as I squirt right before bed, I’m usually good thru ‘til morning. I can’t sleep more than 8 hrs... my body just aches if I go that long. My biggest issue is if I wake up anytime after about 5 hours of sleep, rarely can I get back to sleep.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2916 on: September 21, 2021, 04:09:48 PM »
I usually get up to piss once or twice a night, but it's due to drinking beers.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2917 on: September 21, 2021, 04:24:15 PM »
Get outta this thread, youngling!!   :lol

I’m normally a 6-7 hr sleeper, usually straight thru. As long as I squirt right before bed, I’m usually good thru ‘til morning. I can’t sleep more than 8 hrs... my body just aches if I go that long. My biggest issue is if I wake up anytime after about 5 hours of sleep, rarely can I get back to sleep.

Hey, I'm old at heart.  ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2918 on: September 22, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »
I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2919 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:01 PM »
I'm getting a colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm not old enough to meet the entry requirements for this thread, but I'm making myself an honorary member starting 22 minutes from now when I have to drink the first bottle of that poo inducer.

Who convinced you to get a roto-rooter job at age 32?  :lol :rollin :lol

A doctor.   

That whole procedure was a breeze. Maybe it's because I only consume 1400ish calories a day as it is, but cleaning me out was no problem. Getting knocked out for it was super weird. It was like someone snapped their fingers and I was teleported to a different place and time. The whole thing was instantaneous.

Why?  Are you high risk?  Most doctors don't recommend it until at least age 50.
Risk factors, I'd assume. In my situation, barring a damn fine rationale, I'll ignore any requests to do so. The truth is my eventual cause of death is probably reasonably well known at this point, and I have zero risk factors that I know of. Colorectal cancer would have to take a number.

As for being knocked out, he didn't ask me to count. I think I heard somebody say "goodnight" and then I woke up 21 hours later. According to my folks I was semi-conscious for a few minutes after about 12, but confused and grouchy. Wasn't lucid until 0700 the following day. Highlight for me was the preceding 20 minutes being fucked up on Midazolam. That stuff rules.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2920 on: September 22, 2021, 01:59:48 PM »

For your diabetus?  Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2921 on: September 22, 2021, 02:02:13 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2922 on: September 22, 2021, 02:05:21 PM »

I eat oats just about everyday.  Love them.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2923 on: September 30, 2021, 07:32:53 AM »
I am a foreman and project manager for a finish carpentry, I have 15 construction sites.
Plus a 3 years old daughter.

I'm just exhausted, and wake up around 4-5am from stress. (I work 7am to 6pm mon-fri).
Weeks are all the same and I feel like being a zombie.

But on the other hand, only 40 years of our life is dedicated to working !
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2924 on: September 30, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »
Work is the necessary evil for all but the very fortunate.  What counts is what you do with the rest of your time.

I too feel tired and sore most of the time.  It's become the norm, I guess.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2925 on: September 30, 2021, 03:44:41 PM »
Got two options that may work for the sleeping stuff:

1)... KIN Dreamlight (the online store that starts with an A): mix two ounces with an equal amount of Oat Milk and you'll feel the draw-down in about 60-minutes.  Have to say that this stuff slams me out for 8-hours without waking up and gives VIVID dreams.  I actually had a lucid dream one night with this stuff.  Stick with 2oz and you'll get around 10-servings.  I wouldn't use it every night.

2)... Laird Hamilton's Renew Rest & Recover: 10 servings for a bit less of a price.  Works very well (though not as vivid as KIN).

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2926 on: December 05, 2021, 04:18:07 PM »
So we were putting together our Christmas card and were picking out pictures. My wife finds one of the family, and I was like "No, I look like I'm farting in that picture."
To which my smart ass 18 y/o says.."All 50 year old guys look like they're farting." :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2927 on: December 05, 2021, 06:31:34 PM »
I would let him know he's so right every time he's sprawled out on a couch.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2928 on: December 05, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »
 :lol

Smell ya later!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2929 on: December 05, 2021, 06:40:30 PM »
Every time, I rip one on him. Lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2930 on: December 05, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »
That's when you teach the lesson of crop dusting!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2931 on: December 12, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »
I turn 40 in about 17 months.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2932 on: December 12, 2021, 08:39:03 PM »
Get the funk out of here, you little punk!

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #2933 on: December 12, 2021, 08:49:15 PM »
Get the funk out of here, you little punk!

I feel 50 does that count :lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2934 on: December 13, 2021, 09:09:54 AM »
Sorry, no.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2935 on: December 13, 2021, 09:23:56 AM »

I have it every day during the week, I love that shit. I think it's partly due to me growing up as a kid eating and loving it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2936 on: December 17, 2021, 09:16:54 AM »

I have it every day during the week, I love that shit. I think it's partly due to me growing up as a kid eating and loving it.

I have it for my first meal of the day too... normally around 3PM (I fast).  I toast the oats in the oven first for about 5-minutes, then add 2 TBSPs dry quinoa, a good pinch of salt, and everything goes on low stovetop heat in a pot with pour-over boiling water (let sit at low heat about 18-minutes).  The result is nutty and quite awesome!  Pour over a TBSP or three of Maple Syrup and add a bit of good butter and chomp.

The maple syrup doesn't do much for the diabetus...
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2937 on: December 17, 2021, 09:42:27 AM »

I like oatmeal, but every morning?  After a while it would get pretty old.  Would have to mix it up a bit.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2938 on: December 17, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
My week:

Sunday - carried something heavy and had a sore back from lifting.
Monday - Spent all day in my desk chair, working.  Must have sat in an awkward position due to my sore back.
Wednesday evening - Sat on the couch with poor posture.  Went to lay down in bed and had pain radiating throughout my right lower back, right hip and right leg.  Barely slept.
Thursday - see a doctor after dealing with back and leg pain all day.  Doctor felt my right leg and said "you have the tightest IT band I've ever felt, congratulations."   :lol

I have IT band syndrome from sitting with poor posture and not being active enough.  I occasionally have some sore back issues that are posture related a few times a year.  But the IT band being tight (a muscle that runs alongside your leg) created less mobility in my back, leading to back strain when I lifted a heavy object.  Each issue (back and leg) was then causing the other.   :facepalm:

Muscle relaxers, naproxen, heating pads and stretching.  The muscle relaxers helped overnight and I just have to try and get up and take breaks to stretch and move my leg a bit. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2939 on: December 19, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
Don't forget to roll those IT bad boys out.  Works wonders.