Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 336966 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2555 on: June 05, 2019, 02:59:25 PM »
I have a few doctor friends who have had to deal with genetalia and I get some funny stories from them.  The one said he had to examine a kids balls but his dick was so big that he had to like move it out of the way and said it was so awkward and terrible but he couldn't like make that known  :rollin or times when girls have some vaginal disease and it's absolutely disgusting to go in there but they do it and don't show what they are feeling/thinking.  Never asked if they had some formal training on that, I kind of think it's one of those things when you just adjust and adapt to when you work in a hospital and training may not even be necessary.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2556 on: June 05, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
My personal doctor is also female, and likewise not unattractive.

Really, though, it's not an issue.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2557 on: June 05, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
I had a roommate way back when who told us once about a situation, the exact situation I did not want to find myself in.

When he was growing up, the family pediatrician was female.  This doesn't make much difference to little kids, but once he and his sister got to high school, he started running into situations.  At his annual physical, he was asked to remove his pants, and hesitated because he was embarrassed.  Not embarrassed by his equipment, but by its current state.  He apologized to her half-heartedly and said something like "Usually when I take my pants off for a pretty woman, I get to use it."

Mom and the doctor later conferred and decided that the kids were old enough to go to a regular MD, not a pediatrician anymore.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2558 on: June 05, 2019, 03:28:54 PM »
 :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2559 on: June 05, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
 :lol if only I had the balls to say that although my doctors were always male so I really haven't experienced the female doctor touching my jewels phenomena.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2560 on: June 06, 2019, 06:39:25 AM »
I really didn't know.  I knew that a female would be going where no woman other than Mrs. O had gone in a very long time, and I knew that there would be necessary and intimate physical contact.  I didn't know how I'd react, voluntarily or involuntarily, or mentally for that matter.  Would I be embarassed?  Would I be fine with it and actually enjoy it a little?  Would I react involuntarily?  New ground for me.  That's why when it all went as expected with zero anomolies, it was a bit disappointing.  But this is what it has come to.  Having a female doctor check out my equipment, enjoy it for what it was, and post about it on DTF.

I've had one prostate exam from a female doctor (also what we're apparently calling "not unattractive") but while I went through all the above thoughts, in the moment it was so overwhelming and... clinical for lack of a better word, that in hindsight there was little room for any shenanigans (even if one-sided).   Though for me, the torment continued (Why WEREN'T there shenanigans?  Was she not impressed? How could she not be impressed??) at least until reason kicked in and I realized that she is a qualifed professional that has dealt with this 100 times and likely has had at least some training, if not experience, in making the patient experience as professional and as uneventful as possible.

Absolutely.  I'm sure there is training, and "making the patient experience as professional and as uneventful as possible" would be one of the main goals and emphasized in the written materials.

Right. A female must have training to have self control in the presence of an uncovered penis. :huh:

Can't and won't speak for Obert (thought it sounds like he's in at least partial agreement) but not at all what I said.   I said the DOCTOR, who happens to be a "she" in this case, would likely have some training in the patient experience.   My comment would and should apply equally to a male doctor, and is independent of the sex/gender/orientation/identification of the patient in question.   It's about a potentially awkward experience for either patient or doctor.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2561 on: June 06, 2019, 06:45:05 AM »
I really didn't know.  I knew that a female would be going where no woman other than Mrs. O had gone in a very long time, and I knew that there would be necessary and intimate physical contact.  I didn't know how I'd react, voluntarily or involuntarily, or mentally for that matter.  Would I be embarassed?  Would I be fine with it and actually enjoy it a little?  Would I react involuntarily?  New ground for me.  That's why when it all went as expected with zero anomolies, it was a bit disappointing.  But this is what it has come to.  Having a female doctor check out my equipment, enjoy it for what it was, and post about it on DTF.

I've had one prostate exam from a female doctor (also what we're apparently calling "not unattractive") but while I went through all the above thoughts, in the moment it was so overwhelming and... clinical for lack of a better word, that in hindsight there was little room for any shenanigans (even if one-sided).   Though for me, the torment continued (Why WEREN'T there shenanigans?  Was she not impressed? How could she not be impressed??) at least until reason kicked in and I realized that she is a qualifed professional that has dealt with this 100 times and likely has had at least some training, if not experience, in making the patient experience as professional and as uneventful as possible.

Absolutely.  I'm sure there is training, and "making the patient experience as professional and as uneventful as possible" would be one of the main goals and emphasized in the written materials.

Right. A female must have training to have self control in the presence of an uncovered penis. :huh:

Can't and won't speak for Obert (thought it sounds like he's in at least partial agreement) but not at all what I said.   I said the DOCTOR, who happens to be a "she" in this case, would likely have some training in the patient experience.   My comment would and should apply equally to a male doctor, and is independent of the sex/gender/orientation/identification of the patient in question.   It's about a potentially awkward experience for either patient or doctor.

So if it was a male doctor you would still expect shenanigans and ask yourself was he not impressed? How could he not be impressed? Oh right, he must have some training to control himself.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2562 on: June 06, 2019, 06:46:27 AM »
Can't and won't speak for Obert

He can and did speak for himself, half a page ago. I really wish you'd catch up on a thread before you waltz in waiving your dick around! :getoffmylawn:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2563 on: June 06, 2019, 07:11:08 AM »

So if it was a male doctor you would still expect shenanigans and ask yourself was he not impressed? How could he not be impressed? Oh right, he must have some training to control himself.

Not the same thing.  Respectfully, you're looking at it in too binary a way. It's not about "FEMALE doctor", and all the power/societal dynamics that get wrapped up in that.   It's about the mindset of the potential for "shenanigans" with two people in a room.  I wouldn't "expect shenanigans", because I'm not interested in shenanigans with another man.  But if I was?  Or if I knew that the doctor might be?   Absolutely.   And would I ask myself if he was impressed?  ABSOLUTELY.   EVERYONE should be impressed (I say that to be funny, but in a serious way, I'm not at all joking.)

This is not gender dynamics at all. It's interpersonal sexual dynamics, and to a lesser extent, MY feelings of being judged.  And that can happen between ANY two people regardless of gender.   And with a doctor, the answer remains:  the doctor is (or should be) trained in a way to keep it professional. 

Change this to a "massage" (I mean a legit massage).   My best friend's wife is a certified masseuse.   She IS trained, in pressure points and in reaction points, to diffuse a potentially sexual situation.  I never once ever went to a male masseuse before I learned that.  They are trained to deal with these circumstances.   Now?  Doesn't bother me (well, it does, sort of; I don't like strangers touching me, but that's not a sex thing).  You can use psychotherapists as well.   

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: June 06, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »
Come on dude, you got called out for making a tasteless dick joke. Own it, learn from it. From now on leave the tastelessness to the experts...like Black Floyd.  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2565 on: June 06, 2019, 07:52:18 AM »
Come on dude, you got called out for making a tasteless dick joke. Own it, learn from it. From now on leave the tastelessness to the experts...like Black Floyd.  :lol

If that was truly the case, I would have "owned it, learned from it" and moved on.   But it wasn't.   We're allowed to talk about males and females without it being an explicit statement on gender/sexual power dynamics.   

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2566 on: June 06, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »
My doctor quit the finger test a few years back and relies on the PSA from the normal blood test each year.  I have heard that some doctors disagree and actually do both the finger test and PSA.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2567 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:27 AM »
Snip

In my experience, females know that guys are basically walking bags of hormones and barely-contained sexual energy, but really don't understand how deep that goes.  2 million years of genetic programming and fine-tuning has resulted in creatures that literally live to procreate, therefore are constantly on the lookout for potential partners, and therefore will (consciously or otherwise) do whatever it takes to bring about that potential partnership.  It takes everything we have to not constantly put the moves on every female in the vicinity who qualifies as "not unattractive".
[/quote]

This here is the best explanation I've ever seen of the male psyche... it's not intentional please understand.  Blame Adam for walking around with a naked woman in paradise... we're always trying to get back to that.   :lol

I had a roommate way back when who told us once about a situation, the exact situation I did not want to find myself in.

When he was growing up, the family pediatrician was female.  This doesn't make much difference to little kids, but once he and his sister got to high school, he started running into situations.  At his annual physical, he was asked to remove his pants, and hesitated because he was embarrassed.  Not embarrassed by his equipment, but by its current state.  He apologized to her half-heartedly and said something like "Usually when I take my pants off for a pretty woman, I get to use it."

Mom and the doctor later conferred and decided that the kids were old enough to go to a regular MD, not a pediatrician anymore.

:rollin  I need to hang out in here more... there's gold in here, Gold!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2569 on: July 27, 2019, 08:04:55 PM »
That’ll be Stadler, TAC, and Shmegland in 15 years.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2570 on: July 27, 2019, 08:05:56 PM »
That's Stadler and Shmegland now!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2571 on: July 27, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
That's Stadler and Shmegland now!

Dude, you’re the biggest copy of all around here!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2572 on: July 27, 2019, 08:10:42 PM »
Difference is that Tim doesn't give good advice. He just asked questions because he's confused.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2573 on: July 27, 2019, 08:11:58 PM »
 :lol

I've never been called a copy before. :lol
What is that? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2574 on: July 27, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
I fucking knew you were a clone.   :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2575 on: July 27, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2576 on: August 02, 2019, 06:38:03 AM »
That's right up my alley, though.  We need to form a "North East Branch" of the Old Coots.  I'm in!  (I don't have red socks like that guy on the left, though.)

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2577 on: August 02, 2019, 12:56:36 PM »

"No, they're not cloning sheep. It's the same sheep... I saw Harry Blackstone do that trick with two goats and a handkerchief on the old Dean Martin show!"
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2578 on: August 02, 2019, 05:40:45 PM »
Standing up for 3 hours at a concert then the long, and I mean long walk to the car just so you can get out of the venue fast did a number on my feet and legs.

I'm so out of shape.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2579 on: August 02, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm usually pretty beat after a concert these days too. Combination of getting older and being out of shape.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2580 on: August 02, 2019, 07:09:11 PM »
Standing up for 3 hours at a concert then the long, and I mean long walk to the car just so you can get out of the venue fast did a number on my feet and legs.

I fucking parked in the damn woods. Holy shit!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: August 02, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
We paid in that lot one.  Holy fucking walk! 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2582 on: August 02, 2019, 07:49:35 PM »
We paid in that lot one.  Holy fucking walk!

That's like basically walking to the highway.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2583 on: August 02, 2019, 07:59:43 PM »
We drove right out though but hot damn that felt like a mile walk.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2584 on: August 02, 2019, 08:04:09 PM »
We drove right out though but hot damn that felt like a mile walk.

It was! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2585 on: August 02, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »
I think it was!   :lol

I needed it but not after a concert.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2586 on: August 04, 2019, 03:18:09 PM »
That was me last night.   :tdwn

But it was worth it.  What a show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2587 on: August 04, 2019, 04:56:41 PM »
 :lol that was a long walk out of there

20k steps yesterday according to my phone and I believe it.  2 mile walk to the venue, stand and rock out for 4 hours, 2 mile walk back to the hotel.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2588 on: August 21, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »
:lol that was a long walk out of there

20k steps yesterday according to my phone and I believe it.  2 mile walk to the venue, stand and rock out for 4 hours, 2 mile walk back to the hotel.
Pfffffffffffft.....  and you call yourself a fogey!  No self respecting Old Fogey could accomplish what you did!!  ;)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2589 on: September 09, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
Step aside young'uns....newly christened 50 year old coming through....