Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 336974 times)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club 30&Over/A.K.A, Obscure, Lonestar Lovefest!
« Reply #1575 on: February 16, 2014, 01:15:14 AM »
Yeah..that kinda sums it up for me Carl, that more muddled sounding speech.  Hopefully in 20 years when I'm really an old bastard, they'll have some uber hearing aids.... :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1576 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:30 AM »
Waking up at 4 am and you feel your full bladder and you fight for 2 hours to get back to sleep.  Getting old is all the rage.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1577 on: February 16, 2014, 05:51:42 AM »
... Between surfing as a kid, and diving as an adult, my canals are getting pretty narrow.  ....

And my old guy moment occurred as I misread this to say "driving" rather than "diving" ....  :-\   ......  I was scratching my head thinking, "Why does driving narrow his ear canals??"  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1578 on: February 16, 2014, 06:55:13 AM »
... Between surfing as a kid, and diving as an adult, my canals are getting pretty narrow.  ....

And my old guy moment occurred as I misread this to say "driving" rather than "diving" ....  :-\   ......  I was scratching my head thinking, "Why does driving narrow his ear canals??"  :lol

+1

I have many of these moments where I mis-read words, and I have to do a double or triple take at what I just read cuz it makes no sense.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1579 on: February 16, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
Waking up at 4 am and you feel your full bladder and you fight for 2 hours to get back to sleep.  Getting old is all the rage.

Yup, that happens to me at least twice per week only it's at 2:30.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline 7deg_inner_happiness

• Can't get enough music!
« Reply #1580 on: February 16, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
In the winter I check the weather forecast to see which upcoming day will be the WARMEST to pump gas into my car!  I'm either a wimp or old or both!   :loser:

Also too old to care about having an avatar...I also don't care about learning how to make one.

But I guess I'm not too old to love DT.
- Ronzoni -

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #1581 on: February 16, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
In the winter I check the weather forecast to see which upcoming day will be the WARMEST to pump gas into my car!  I'm either a wimp or old or both!   :loser:

Also too old to care about having an avatar...I also don't care about learning how to make one.

But I guess I'm not too old to love DT.

This is one of the great things about living in NJ...I haven't pumped my own gas in a very long time. :)
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1582 on: February 24, 2014, 07:21:23 AM »

I saw this image this morning and the first thing I thought was, "She needs to bend her knees and get her weight over the balls of her feet." Aaaah, Spring...when a middle-aged man's thoughts turn to golf!

:facepalm: Fuck, I'm getting old..
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1583 on: February 24, 2014, 07:25:01 AM »
No, you have it all wrong. She needs to bend over and grab her ankles. 

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1584 on: February 24, 2014, 08:08:04 AM »
No, you have it all wrong. She needs to bend over and grab her ankles.

A younger me would have thought the same thing immediately. Again, the ravages of age...

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1585 on: February 24, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
If it comes to a point in my life where I choose an insipid sport over pussy, please shoot me. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: February 24, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »
Man if I were home I'd post 2 pictures about your conversation boys that you'd loose your lunch. :lol

I'll post them when I get home!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1587 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »

I saw this image this morning and the first thing I thought was, "She needs to bend her knees and get her weight over the balls of her feet." Aaaah, Spring...when a middle-aged man's thoughts turn to golf!

:facepalm: Fuck, I'm getting old..

When I see this I think of this favorite of mine.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1588 on: February 24, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »

Interesting....  back when PC's first came out in the 80's I was in my 20's and a tech bad ass.  Now?..................

**I can barely operate an iphone. (smartphone)
**I still have no idea of what the Cloud REALLY is and how to use it  :loser:
**Have never joined twitter, and really don't grasp why the hell people dig it?
**Still have, and prefer my land line
**I've used Torrent's before, but like the cloud...WTF are they?? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1589 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
Let's see how I score

Interesting....  back when PC's first came out in the 80's I was in my 20's and a tech bad ass.  Now?..................

**I can barely operate an iphone. (smartphone) ............I have a Nokia 5110 - exactly as pictured -which is mostly flat and not in use, much to my wife's disgust
**I still have no idea of what the Cloud REALLY is and how to use it  :loser: I have a cloud backup but otherwise nought
**Have never joined twitter, and really don't grasp why the hell people dig it? never been on Twitter or Facebook
**Still have, and prefer my land line ditto .
**I've used Torrent's before, but like the cloud...WTF are they?? :lol I was forced to use torrents for the first time for the 2013 DT Christmas gift  ;D

Presumably I get a big  :loser:  :facepalm:  too.     ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:53:16 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1590 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:59 PM »
I too finally learned how to torrent in order to get the 2013 DT Christmas tracks.  It was worth it, and much easier than I thought it would be.

I'm on Facebook, but my phone is dumb.  I still prefer it to the land line, though.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1591 on: February 24, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »
I've thought about getting a landline.  With my job I'm pretty much always on call and on occasion my cell phone either shuts off at night or just doesn't ring.  There's been a few times where that's almost got me in trouble.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1592 on: February 24, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »
I actually make a point to try and stay on top of technology so I don't wind up like the old people we grew up around who couldn't program a VCR. Still, I do find myself falling behind in some areas, mainly those where I'm stubborn and don't want to progress with the rest of society. When I can no longer use XP it'll be a real bummer to move up to whatever the next platform is. My Android is taking a pretty gnarly dump at the moment, but I don't have a clue how to format and reinstall the silly thing so I blow it off. The prospect of owning a car that's more electronic than mechanical really scares the hell out of me. Progress is cool and all, but it's hard work sometimes.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1593 on: February 24, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
If you really think about it, those of us 45 or older have seen some serious Tech changes in our lifetime.  It's not surprising we aren't able to stay on the cutting edge knowledge wise.  Plus, we're changing...  Eyes and hearing changing, memory loss, etc...  As long as I can remember my name and don't have to slap on some depends...I'm good! :tup

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1594 on: February 24, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »
I was reading an article the other day on Japanese demographics and apparently there are more adult diapers than childrens diapers sold in Japan  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1595 on: February 24, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
Maybe they're just too lazy to hit the bathroom.... :lol  Otherwise...we're fucking doomed....

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1596 on: February 24, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
Nah, I believe they just lead the world in life expectancy and lowest birth rate since they stopped having children a few years ago. They're a statistical fluke.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1597 on: February 25, 2014, 06:06:28 AM »
Nah, I believe they just lead the world in life expectancy and lowest birth rate since they stopped having children a few years ago. They're a statistical fluke.

I believe there may be some fetish involved as well.  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: February 25, 2014, 06:07:26 AM »
 ;D - maybe the game shows use up half of them.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1599 on: February 25, 2014, 05:38:36 PM »
I was reading an article the other day on Japanese demographics and apparently there are more adult diapers than childrens diapers sold in Japan  ;D

Maybe they're just too lazy to hit the bathroom.... :lol  Otherwise...we're fucking doomed....

Actually, it's a part of some Asian cultures not to use diapers -- they view it as dirty to have the child sit in their mess.  When I was in mainland China last year I frequently saw kids walking around with crotchless pants so they could just drop a squat at the curb if they needed to go -- seriously.  :(  Supposedly, the kids get "potty trained" faster that way -- but you need to watch where you walk!   :omg: :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1600 on: February 25, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »
Parents in China need to bring a kiddy bag then.

Wait....what?!

Offline rickhawk80

• Dressed To Kill
« Reply #1601 on: February 25, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »
That would be nice but  it didn't happen in place where I witnessed it.   :-\

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1602 on: February 26, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
I actually make a point to try and stay on top of technology so I don't wind up like the old people we grew up around who couldn't program a VCR. Still, I do find myself falling behind in some areas, mainly those where I'm stubborn and don't want to progress with the rest of society. When I can no longer use XP it'll be a real bummer to move up to whatever the next platform is. My Android is taking a pretty gnarly dump at the moment, but I don't have a clue how to format and reinstall the silly thing so I blow it off. The prospect of owning a car that's more electronic than mechanical really scares the hell out of me. Progress is cool and all, but it's hard work sometimes.

Um..What's an XP? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1603 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
7 & 8 is the next logical step TAC.

Damn you're old. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1604 on: February 26, 2014, 12:13:50 PM »
WTF happened to 1-6?  :lol

Yes I'm old. My kids school me on this shit and my 12 year old is a Special Needs kid! :facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1605 on: February 26, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
I wanno know what happened to 1 thru 94?

I've got a FB account, but I've never used the twitters or instagrams or anything like that.  #wtf-is-a-hashtag-for?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1606 on: February 26, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

DTF is my Facebook.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1607 on: February 26, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
Yeah, I don't like the hashtag stuff either.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1608 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Yeah.... hash had a completely different meaning back in our day....and I aint talkin corned beef hash.... :hat

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #1609 on: February 28, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
I believe hashtags are meant to facilitate searching but I'm not sure.

Anyway, turned 50 last week, so just checking in here, isn't this the AARP?   #old #overthehill