Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 335347 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #3570 on: March 26, 2024, 06:10:27 AM »
Skechers for this cochise.  Costco sells them on the cheap.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3571 on: March 26, 2024, 06:14:46 AM »
I started wearing Skechers  like 13 years ago, and that's the only thing I wear. Besides my snow boots and a pair of Adidas basketball sneakers I have, everything I own is Skechers.

It helps that I have two Skechers outlets near me, so all shoes are discounted, and if I buy a second pair it comes to 50% off.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3572 on: March 26, 2024, 07:10:31 AM »
I like Skechers and New Balance.  Been a long time since I've worn sneaks/everyday shoes made by anyone other than those two.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3573 on: March 26, 2024, 07:30:54 AM »
Does it make a difference?  :neverusethis:  :lol
In terms of having an effect on my body... yes lol in terms of seeing, sometimes not depending if a 6ft giant sits in front of me. Thankfully the hubby will usually switch seats when that happens.

I've been buying Altra sneakers the last year. A bigger toe box. So comfortable.
My husband wears these and his students make fun of him for it lol he doesn't care obviously, they're 10 year olds.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3574 on: March 26, 2024, 08:34:51 AM »
Damn kids.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3575 on: March 26, 2024, 08:44:28 AM »
I'm a New Balance guy too.  Started wearing them in my 30's - at the time, they were cheaper than other shoes from Nike or Reebok.  You used to be able to get them on sale for $40 a pair.  Now they're up to $70 for a pair of walking shoes.  They last me about a year and then I need a new pair.

I'm the dad with 3-4 pairs in various stages - one for grass cutting, one older pair on standby for becoming the new grass-cutting pair, one for painting, and a pair that I currently wear.
Man, I'd be thrilled if mine were $70/pair. Unfortunately, the 929s really do seem to be the best shoe by far for high arches.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3576 on: March 26, 2024, 08:54:54 AM »
I got these incerts and they are a godsend.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3577 on: March 26, 2024, 09:39:43 AM »
Man, I'd be thrilled if mine were $70/pair. Unfortunately, the 929s really do seem to be the best shoe by far for high arches.

My wife's dad has flat feet from years of wearing flip flips when he was younger.  He wore special orthopedic shoes, and when those were discontinued, he switched to a similar pair from New Balance that's about $150 a pair.  It's the only shoe he wears, so he orders them every six months.  Drives me crazy to have to buy them for him at that cost, but we can't find anything cheaper.

I just buy the standard New Balance walking shoes.  At age 43, I don't have foot problems...yet.   :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3578 on: March 26, 2024, 10:35:17 AM »
We have a New Balance plant 45 minutes from where I live.  The store is huge there. It's in the town I was born and lived until my parents bought a house in N.H in 1977.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3579 on: March 26, 2024, 12:47:46 PM »
I've used this site quite a bit.....discounted New Balance shoes. The older models and what not.

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/men/
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3580 on: March 26, 2024, 01:37:40 PM »
I've used this site quite a bit.....discounted New Balance shoes. The older models and what not.

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/men/

No wonder, those are some damned ugly shoes based on the first splash page. Sorry man, I've got a standard to live up to. :)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #3581 on: March 26, 2024, 01:46:02 PM »
No wonder, those are some damned ugly shoes based on the first splash page. Sorry man, I've got a standard to live up to. :)

It does the trick if you're looking to save money and are willing to dig through it and look a bit. I've gotten several pair of good running shoes off that site at a descent discount.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline romdrums

« Reply #3582 on: March 26, 2024, 02:25:00 PM »
In a few months, I turn 38. What sorts of things await me in my 40s?

"Morning stiffness" has a whole new meaning in your 40s than when you were in your 20s.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #3583 on: March 26, 2024, 02:55:07 PM »
"Morning stiffness" has a whole new meaning in your 40s than when you were in your 20s.

God I miss those days!  :(

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3584 on: March 26, 2024, 06:17:27 PM »
Yeah, I've had back tightness and spasms on and off the last few weeks.  Granted, it's gym related and not giving myself adequate recovery time but it takes days to settle and getting out of bed takes a lot longer than normal.  When it was really bad about 3 weeks ago the spasms were next level, couldn't sit up without the back muscles paralyzing me, it's awful shit.  I'm 40 in 2 months.  :'(
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3585 on: March 27, 2024, 09:34:32 AM »
Boy, no shit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3586 on: April 04, 2024, 07:55:43 AM »
I've now got to the age where "slept in slightly the wrong position" is now a source of lumbar pain.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3587 on: April 04, 2024, 09:42:57 AM »
Or neck pain...
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3588 on: April 04, 2024, 09:44:27 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3589 on: April 04, 2024, 09:48:50 AM »
This isn't really an "old" thing, but I was dreaming recently, and it involved kicking.  I ended up working my leg out from under the covers and ended up kicking the dresser next to my side of the bed really hard.  This was at like 3am, so I had to work really hard not to yell and scare the crap out of the wife.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3590 on: April 15, 2024, 12:41:05 PM »
I've been fighting what appears to be tennis elbow in my left elbow. Been going on for months. Was hoping it would pass but it just never gets over the hump. I forget about it and lift or do something I shouldn't and it lets me know. Probably going to have to see my doctor soon to get some images and probably PT. Not looking forward to that.

Like others have said, not a clue what I did. It just happened.

Just as my left elbow finally seems to be recovering, yesterday my right elbow starts hurting way worse than the left and still hurts now, like, a lot. Really growing tired of these random body issues that come out of nowhere.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history